PDA

View Full Version : pls remove tree from the inside of the ops

netster
23-03-06, 12:22
pls remove the trees from in the inside of the ops... enemys clipping/lagging arround and into it ... so fuXXing badly atm, thats not funny anymore.

wether make the trees complete solid or just run-through alike the small stones.

nuff said :P

Bugs Gunny
23-03-06, 12:26
All trees should be made solid, right now they are dronerhideouts, plus remove them from insides of ops. They are nothing more than rebuffing spots and clipobjects.

cRazy-
23-03-06, 12:40
Its tactical tbh.

unreal
23-03-06, 12:49
Those trees as they are now are nice, they are droner hidey spots, but so what? Droners should have somewhere to hide. You can easily target them through the trees at the moment anyway, so it's not like they're gaining any real advantage apart from not being seen as much. Anyone hunting a droner will have the common sense to target the bottom of each tree.

If you want to remove trees from OPs, you might as well ask them to make every outpost flat, and remove every other obstacle like boxes and stuff as well. Even on slightly raised ground people can clip. While you're at it, even people on flat ground can clip, people have done it in Industrial while i've been fighting them before.

Bugs Gunny
23-03-06, 13:05
Each op has enough buildings etc , a ug and stuff to clip in and around.
The trees just make it too much.
I'll fraps some footage of people i've seen that spend their entire opwar clipping around the ug, trees and pillars to show what i mean.

SorkZmok
23-03-06, 14:00
I'd rather have the UG undergrounds changed, it's the no.1 pain in the ass with people clipping around em. :rolleyes:

calim
23-03-06, 14:01
Why there would be no trees in OPs ? A tree can grow anywhere there is earth...
The problem maybe is how objects collision and clip are handled ?

I agree with unreal on this point.

RogerRamjet
23-03-06, 14:07
Yeh let droners hide inside trees!

I mean, theres been so many real life times when ive magically entered and hidden inside a seemingly solid object.

Edit: Kid i know youre looking at this thread so get MSN.

Bugs Gunny
23-03-06, 14:11
Hiding droners inside trees is just the same as hiding them inside opwalls.

calim
23-03-06, 15:11
Hiding droners inside trees is just the same as hiding them inside opwalls.

There is two things. one is due to the clipping bug : for now you can "enter" in a tree and hide. it won't be allowed, anyway it's a graphical engine bug.

The second is about climb tree or hide behind, that's ok no ?
Imagine you can climb tree... ( it implies you can destroy it for balance questions ^^ ).

RogerRamjet
23-03-06, 15:13
The second is about climb tree or hide behind, that's ok no ?
Imagine you can climb tree... ( it implies you can destroy it for balance questions ^^ ).

You can climp trees, but you cant go up to one and stand right inside it.

calim
23-03-06, 15:17
You can climp trees, but you cant go up to one and stand right inside it.

I'm not sure to understand ... you actually can climb trees ? 8|
I mean, if you can climb, then you can hide. If you can hide then trees should be objects which can be destroyed.

RogerRamjet
23-03-06, 15:24
Im talking IRL sorry.

l8m0n
23-03-06, 15:27
leave them alone and fix the engine then we wouldnt have clipin ;) so stop the /whine

Dogface
23-03-06, 15:31
There's always someone who throws the 'whine' accusations around :rolleyes:

calim
23-03-06, 15:46
There's always someone who throws the 'whine' accusations around :rolleyes:

Yes lol exactly what i've though ^^
I am not whining and /agree with L8m0n :)

-FN-
23-03-06, 18:23
I'm not sure to understand ... you actually can climb trees ?
Only the bottom part of trees are solid. The top parts have no bounding box. So you can get on structures or fences or anything higher than the "middle" of the tree and jump down onto the solid part and be visibly hidden by the top, non-solid part.

[ edited ]

cRazy-
23-03-06, 18:25
Some people are gonna be told off for giving away exploits tbh.

-FN-
23-03-06, 18:30
The tree thing isn't an exploit - you're still targettable, but people just need to think to bring their reticle up and down trees. There are a number of "rocks" and whatnot all over Neocron that are there if your vegetation detail is up, but they have NO bounding box at all - so someone with detail up can think they're hiding in a rock, but someone with the LoD of vegetation down will see them plain as day. Then there are trees who's bounding box is SMALLER than the tree base so you can walk into the sides of it. Climbing a wall or structure to get in a tree is no different than hopping out of a bomber or glider to get into it and using flying vehicles to get to 'hard-to-reach' places is now perfectly legal.

Anyone who's spent 5 minutes in the wasteland knows these things :p

[ edited ]

cRazy-
23-03-06, 18:43
[ edited ]

Thats what I was refering too about the exploit.

Foo
23-03-06, 20:52
Thats what I was refering too about the exploit.

Thats not a exploit , its called BAD programing on KK's behalf.

CMaster
23-03-06, 20:57
Thats not a exploit , its called BAD programing on KK's behalf.
Nid would likley disagree. KK don't like the suggestion that there may be any problems along the exploding line in their game...

-FN-
23-03-06, 21:20
You know, in all fairness, you can't dodge a Kami Drone this way :p And you may be able to fly the drone right up to the person and it might work, I never tried it.

Dogface
23-03-06, 21:38
Either way, bad coding doesn't explode itself.

Glok
23-03-06, 22:03
Those 2 dead Mars exploring gadgets blew up due to bad coding....

CMaster
23-03-06, 22:56
"Exploding" is a euphenism round here, for the word-that-must-not-be-mentioned.

Nidhogg
24-03-06, 00:00
No more discussion of exploits.

N

more fire
24-03-06, 00:31
[ edited ]