PDA

View Full Version : HN Skin issue

MeWhiteWolf
22-03-06, 04:31
not sure i like the sound of this at all, i frequently log out of HN and keep the green skin, if i relog it goes away, always thought it was a bug.
now are you telling me that in that case since it repeatebly happens I'll get warned/banned because of something i have no control over?

[VP]Orion
22-03-06, 07:50
No, when it goes away after a relog as you say, its only a visual bug on your side, everyone else see you as normal. With this last one you always stay with HN skin and everyone else see's you with HN skin too. Thats when you need to ask a GM to fix it.

MeWhiteWolf
22-03-06, 09:39
ah ok - yeah i guess not knowing wheather someone is a spy or monk might make attacking them scary :P

l8m0n
22-03-06, 11:12
tbh ive never seen anyone use that skin outside of HN wonder what server it was on O_o and dont see the point really, makes you a nice green or orrange target :lol:

Pantho
22-03-06, 11:18
Terra, that i now of, Wesley Snipes had it for about a week,
And lets see why wouldnt u want to be a APU or a TANK, lol looking like a spy..

Brammers
22-03-06, 11:28
Terra, that i now of, Wesley Snipes had it for about a week,
And lets see why wouldnt u want to be a APU or a TANK, lol looking like a spy..

Tanks cannot enter hacknet, so if you get shot dead by a green zebra with a cursed soul.... :wtf:

I did see someone the other day in TH with a Hacknet skin outside of Hacknet. I didn't twig at the time that it was unusual, as I get the same issues with the skin as [VP]Orion stated.

mdares
22-03-06, 11:42
Tanks cannot enter hacknet, so if you get shot dead by a green zebra with a cursed soul.... :wtf:

I did see someone the other day in TH with a Hacknet skin outside of Hacknet. I didn't twig at the time that it was unusual, as I get the same issues with the skin as [VP]Orion stated.

u only need 25 hax to get into HN right? tanks can get ~50 in hack...

(unless they changed it so theres class reqs and stuff...)

Lodar
22-03-06, 11:48
u only need 25 hax to get into HN right? tanks can get ~50 in hack...

(unless they changed it so theres class reqs and stuff...)

Tanks can meet the requiremnets for Hacknet, but they can't hack a GenRep, its been this way since NC2 retail (tanks could go in Hacknet in Beta).

SorkZmok
22-03-06, 11:52
tbh ive never seen anyone use that skin outside of HN wonder what server it was on O_o and dont see the point really, makes you a nice green or orrange target :lol:
I've seen quite a few on mars.

And i wouldn't do it either, it's a known issue for quite some time now and it really makes you an easy to pick target. :rolleyes:

Sick
22-03-06, 18:42
seen as wesley was already brought up :P

heres what it looks like if you havent seen anybody with the bug

nostramo
22-03-06, 19:27

This HN-Skin has some other side-effects and it was used quite often on mars.

Report runners with HN-Skin!

Nidhogg
22-03-06, 19:33
No discussion of exploits. The HN skin isn't something that happens spontaneously, you have to do something to get it, but it will also get you into trouble. Thread closed.

N