PDA

View Full Version : My last visit ingame

Crest
21-03-06, 15:54
last Night I saw a patch, and decided to log on (My account expires soon) so I thought I would see whats happenning ....

Log on ...sync bug .... log off ... good night

How is NC doing now days, I noticed Populations @19% (Thats the levels before 2.1) and i assume all the freebie account access is all gone.

Ryen
21-03-06, 15:57
I've said "I'm done with this shitty game" many a time. But I always end up coming back. Why couldn't world of warcraft be cyberpunk?

Pantho
21-03-06, 16:08
Why couldn't world of warcraft be cyberpunk?

Can i get that in my sig, as stupid'st comment ever?

Ryen
21-03-06, 16:46
Can i get that in my sig, as stupid'st comment ever?

Rule 1 of insulting someone's intelligence; Stupidest/Stupid'st is not a word. Dumbest is the word you're looking for.

Now, to defend my honor! I said that since World of Warcraft is widely recognized as the most balanced, and bug free MMO out there. Which isn't saying much. I'm implying that I wish neocron had the quality of WoW.

Edit: Oh man, I just got insulted by someone whose character name is "Fuhk-u". I'm not sure what to make of that.

cRazy-
21-03-06, 16:49
hahahahah

Pantho
21-03-06, 16:50
heh, i now that aint a word, lol

and fuhk-u wasnt my idea for the name, and i havnt played that guy since moof left,

The way i read it was saying that you wish WoW was a cyberpunk game. Not that NC should have those running qualities.

also it wasnt a insult

Private_Eye44
22-03-06, 04:40
You think World of Warcraft is balanced??!?!?!??!?!?! HAHHAHA!!!

Can i put that as dumbest comment in my sig?!

WoW: Horde have the advantage (For race specialties, and there 1 class alliance cant get [Shamman]). Trust me im coming back to n2.. to much WoW.

Edit: Have you ever played wow? id have to say theres more bugs in that game than there is in Neocron.. now that says alot

Ryen
22-03-06, 15:32
You think World of Warcraft is balanced??!?!?!??!?!?! HAHHAHA!!!

Can i put that as dumbest comment in my sig?!

WoW: Horde have the advantage (For race specialties, and there 1 class alliance cant get [Shamman]). Trust me im coming back to n2.. to much WoW.

Edit: Have you ever played wow? id have to say theres more bugs in that game than there is in Neocron.. now that says alot

I said that since World of Warcraft is widely recognized as the most balanced, and bug free MMO out there. Which isn't saying much.

Some lack proper reading skills. I said "most balanced", not completely. Find me an MMO that is more balanced then WoW and I'll retract my statement.

Also, I have played WoW, and I honestly didn't recognize any bugs. Although I'm sure there are, they aren't obvious to new players. Unlike Neocron, which actually crashed on my friend in the tutorial.

Edit: Although my current MMO is Eve-Online, which is probably the most balanced anyway. I was just using WoW as a popular example.

Nidhogg
22-03-06, 16:08
Find me an MMO that is more balanced then WoW and I'll retract my statement.Then, a couple of lines down:
Edit: Although my current MMO is Eve-Online, which is probably the most balanced anyway.
Are you going to retract your statement? Which is the more balanced, WoW or EVE? Maybe I lack "proper reading skills" but you appear to contradict yourself in the same post.

N

Bugs Gunny
22-03-06, 16:16
Eve online was by far the best online game i ever played graphics wise, bugwise, lagwise etc....
I heard about the WOW unballance between classes and i just couldn't bring myself to play an orc or whatever.

Best alternative there is right now to NC is SWG.

Ryen
22-03-06, 16:27
I was just using WoW as a popular example.

Missed my last sentence apparently.

Foo
22-03-06, 16:39
Best alternative there is right now to NC is SWG.

Rofl.......you wish

Nidhogg
22-03-06, 17:00
Missed my last sentence apparently.
So you're saying that you contradicted yourself twice? The popularity of a game has got nothing to do with whether or not it's balanced, and you said two separate games were the most balanced. I'd just like to know which one you actually mean, especially considering you made your statement on the back of cheap insult at another forum user.

N

giga191
22-03-06, 17:09
Nid is still pissed from when he got flamed on his paper dragon account :lol:

Anyway, all these other mmorpgs are nothing. They are games, you play games, therefore game play > all other shiny shit you can put in them.

Bugs Gunny
22-03-06, 17:32

LOL

He does indeed seem to go hard on how he is smacking this guy against the wall for contradicting himself.
Nidhogg, we pay for this game, we pay for the access to the INFORMATION on these forums. A lot of this IMPORTANT information never even reaches the launcher.
We don't pay to get intimidated and lured into verbal ambushing.

Now go on PD and let off some steam !

Doc Holliday
22-03-06, 17:43
heh, i now that aint a word, lol
and fuhk-u wasnt my idea for the name, and i havnt played that guy since moof left,

moofausa? didnt he get banned for cheating lol. i dont call that leaving. i call it getting banned.

Dogface
22-03-06, 17:43
and i havnt played that guy since moof left,

WHEN DID MOOF LEAVE?! :(

Kame
22-03-06, 19:33
You guys are really, really "trolling" this thread.

Ryen
23-03-06, 00:04
So you're saying that you contradicted yourself twice? The popularity of a game has got nothing to do with whether or not it's balanced, and you said two separate games were the most balanced. I'd just like to know which one you actually mean, especially considering you made your statement on the back of cheap insult at another forum user.

N

How would that even possibly be contradicting myself twice? I can understand and fully admit the first, but I don't even see the possibility of a second one.

To dive a little deeper; WoW was the first mmo to come to mind since it's the most widely known. However, when I thought about it a little more, I realized eve-online was more balanced then WoW. I just used WoW to begin with since more people could associate with it. If I were to say "I think Neocron is the most balanced game" to my friends, they would look at me and promptly ask "What the fuck is neocron".

R

Kierz
23-03-06, 03:24
[ edited ]

BlackDove
23-03-06, 04:26
Down down into the garbage hole...

Shujin
25-03-06, 02:58
Then, a couple of lines down:
Are you going to retract your statement? Which is the more balanced, WoW or EVE? Maybe I lack "proper reading skills" but you appear to contradict yourself in the same post.

N
Eve online ftw tbh... theres no balance problems at all. If someone has anything better than you, you can train for a bit and get the same thing. But ultimately there is always someone with better skills with you its just up to you to plan your setups and how you go about attacking. Ya dont just run in and RAWRAWR :) less you are uber. But its usually best to get a small group of people each doing something to help the group.

Like this:
2 person gang

Person A: Really fast ship like a interceptor and stops the person from being able to run away with a warp scrambler

Person B: Kills and tanks while person A holds him there.

--
And then you gotta decide if you are gonna kill the person or ransom him, if you are sitting there holding him 99% dead, talk to him and tell him if he pays you guys off, you'll let him go.

:)
Anyway, if anyone else plays eve or wants to get into eve contact me. I got a pvp char and a carebear char and have been playing since 2003 so I'm pretty well into eve and if ya got any questions I can help.
Ingame: Justus Imperius (carebear) Buzz Litebeer ( PVP )

Kozmos
26-03-06, 08:29

Anyway, all these other mmorpgs are nothing. They are games, you play games, therefore game play > all other shiny shit you can put in them.

Nids not paper, hes DD :D *hides*

eprodigy
26-03-06, 10:22
Eve online ftw tbh...
i've been pirating in eve for a couple years now.. balance in eve isnt and doesn't need to be like WoW or NC. (mostly) people pick a certain class of ship, with a certain setup to take a specific prey, especially for small group or solo pvp.. you can be selective with who you take on. at least in my experiance with it..

as far as skills, yeah you can't catch up with people playing longer then you, but you can match them in any area specializing. ie: you might fly this cruiser setup as well as anyone possibly could no matter how long they've been playing. People who played longer can just do more, different things well.

but i have no idea wtf this thread is about i just felt like posting something

Saiboku
26-03-06, 14:49
[ edited ]
[ edited ]

Ryen
26-03-06, 18:23
[ edited ]

Heavyporker
26-03-06, 19:02
I blinked several times, but it's still there... When did shujin come back?!

LiL T
27-03-06, 07:05
Eve online ftw tbh... theres no balance problems at all. If someone has anything better than you, you can train for a bit and get the same thing. But ultimately there is always someone with better skills with you its just up to you to plan your setups and how you go about attacking. Ya dont just run in and RAWRAWR :) less you are uber. But its usually best to get a small group of people each doing something to help the group.

Like this:
2 person gang

Person A: Really fast ship like a interceptor and stops the person from being able to run away with a warp scrambler

Person B: Kills and tanks while person A holds him there.

--
And then you gotta decide if you are gonna kill the person or ransom him, if you are sitting there holding him 99% dead, talk to him and tell him if he pays you guys off, you'll let him go.

:)
Anyway, if anyone else plays eve or wants to get into eve contact me. I got a pvp char and a carebear char and have been playing since 2003 so I'm pretty well into eve and if ya got any questions I can help.
Ingame: Justus Imperius (carebear) Buzz Litebeer ( PVP )

Erm well theres a lot of things in EvE that is either overpowered, unbalanced, does not work and just plain rude...

But its still funny as hell one volleying small ships in my raven :)

BlackDove
27-03-06, 11:54
EVE has the communty intelligence level of an OCD 10 year old on crack, locked in a psychotic asylum for severe schizophrenia.

Naturally, not EVERYONE who plays the game is like that, but the majority defines the community.

Any chance the game may have on its own is ruined by the above. Best to avoid the whole thing alltogether. Shit, compared to EVE, Neocron's community is like...awesome.

Strife
27-03-06, 12:19
I've said "I'm done with this shitty game" many a time. But I always end up coming back. Why couldn't world of warcraft be cyberpunk?Ya same here. My last stretch was 2 years. You think you kick the addiction. But it waits, and hides, and strikes. So now i'm back for about 2 weeks now.