PDA

View Full Version : something funneh :)

netster
21-03-06, 10:19
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3928/reaperspider7bh.jpg
[ edited ]

Bugs Gunny
21-03-06, 11:01
Now that's funny. I wanna change my client's imagefiles so that all warbots look like gms.....

Nidhogg
21-03-06, 12:14
Tried doing a filecheck?

N

Bugs Gunny
21-03-06, 12:16
Filecheck has never worked for anyone i know.
I tried it 4 times so far, and everytime i've had to reinstall the game.

calim
21-03-06, 12:19
I never reinstalled the game. It runs perfectly for more than one year ^^
I don't really understand why some players have to reinstall the game so frequently ?

Bugs Gunny
21-03-06, 12:22
Because files get corrupted.

calim
21-03-06, 12:24
Because files get corrupted.

Yes but why ?
I think this is because of actuals graphic cards, they are too fast ^^
Or maybe it's actuals harddisks, they lost data without complain of anything :P

Nidhogg
21-03-06, 12:47
Do you ALT-F4 to leave the game?

N

calim
21-03-06, 12:50

N

Never :P
But this it's still a good question for the rest of the community ^^

Spermy
21-03-06, 13:10

N

I'd like to expand on this and also include runtime errors, connection loss and other unexpected exits from game. Not entirely sure, but I can imagine dropping out suddenly can't be any good for the files in use at the time.

Bugs Gunny
21-03-06, 13:33
Yeah, alt + f4 is the filekiller for sure.
Still, beats waiting a long time to log out and resume.

Storme
21-03-06, 14:18
ALT + F4 everytime and never never had to reinstall since I started NC 1 3 years ago

:) I must be uber lucky

Pantho
21-03-06, 14:26
ive had 3 errors,

One was the Regenat mobs file's where screwed <- filechcked, and it re-dloaded all the files, the other was when i fataled in zone G10, and when ever i logged that alt or went to G10 my whole crashed, filecheck , dloaded and fixed.

One was the laucnher would not connect to there login server

calim
21-03-06, 14:32
ALT + F4 everytime and never never had to reinstall since I started NC 1 3 years ago

:) I must be uber lucky

oh...
At this point we would need a complete hardware and software description of each computer it happen, and not happen, and compare ... good luck ^^

What does filecheck integrity do exactly ? Is it a simple MD5-like checksum on the base file of the game ? Maybe community can help fixing this ?

netster
22-03-06, 00:41

N
only in opfight situations, when i need to run to toilet ;) but not normally .....

Tried doing a filecheck?

N
filecheck: whats that? Oo no... normally not, just started it, but after some loggings over the day i see them normal skins back again (didnt ran filechecker befor, just started it for the fun to see if any file is borked). that installation of nc2.1 is like ... very old, i copy it from my notebook normally,when i need to format my gaming rig.
€dit: filecheck says all files fine.. anyways, these pic is like unique, i'll move it to my NAS and remember with a big laugh on it!!

netster
22-03-06, 00:43
erm ... closepls() ;)

-FN-
22-03-06, 00:54
Alt+F4 is definitely a killer. You should never do that.

As is an overheating CPU, harddrive, or RAM. They can overheat for something as simple as a DIRTY heatsink.

One thing that actually has helped my NC (and all games actually) experience is doing a proper, full scandisk every so often, on all my drives. That and a regular internal cleaning :)

Heh, I just "fixed" a friend's laptop last week. It was freezing all the time whenever she was playing the Sims and it didn't used to... turns out the heatsink was just caked with dust, not allowing any heat transfer. Cleaned it up and tada, no more problems ;)

calim
22-03-06, 01:04
Alt+F4 is definitely a killer. You should never do that.

As is an overheating CPU, harddrive, or RAM. They can overheat for something as simple as a DIRTY heatsink.

A freeze or intempestive reboot is another history.
I assume ALT+F4 just send a kill signal to the process, and the process interpret it and do what is needed ... before stopping fully.

One thing that actually has helped my NC (and all games actually) experience is doing a proper, full scandisk every so often, on all my drives. That and a regular internal cleaning :)

Heh, I just "fixed" a friend's laptop last week. It was freezing all the time whenever she was playing the Sims and it didn't used to... turns out the heatsink was just caked with dust, not allowing any heat transfer. Cleaned it up and tada, no more problems ;)

At least if you use a journalised FS like NTFS, you have better chances to get a clean FS at OS's reboot :) But sometimes, it's not enough ^^