PDA

View Full Version : Turrets

pabz
19-03-06, 21:15
I hate them

I think they should either remove them or limit the amount in one outpost. Pvp in my eyes is ruined by them.

CMaster
19-03-06, 21:17
There is a limit in number per outpost. Depend on OP type though.
I thinkthey are reasonable enoug,really. They barely hurt people with PPUs and certainlycant defend an op on theirown. Being inestructable is dumb though - fix this quickly please KK.

Toxen
19-03-06, 21:41
Turrets there dumb unmoveable objects that can only fire in one direct at one target at any time, if your smart you can get around any of them...

Wtf when the heck did they get made indestructable.... stupid beyond belief please fix... how the heck could you even do this accidently

Sick
20-03-06, 08:22
atm, i agree with pabz, i wouldnt mind turrets if there was more players and OP wars were 20 a side, then they wouldnt be the massive influence they are now. (especially seen as theyre immortal :P )
but with the current situation of 6 a side OP fights, the turrets are an utter bitch..

maybe its not a "bug" theyre indestructable...sometimes i think they slip in "bugs" too see how it influences gameplay and to watch us bitch :D

solling
20-03-06, 10:59
having them being indestructable and thus stuns can be used to block certain hack rooms (mines) that is really ******** they should be removed all toghether tbh and bugged rezz fixed

giga191
20-03-06, 11:01
There were FF turrets in cyc last time I checked

Apocalypsox
20-03-06, 18:12
if i see turrets i generally get my SH and start killing them...but they are indestructable now? thats kinda BS...you tried a Hoverbomber to kill em? i think a hover can stay out of its range and still blow the fuck out of it.

pabz
20-03-06, 18:29
the limit on turrets should be brought down

krynstone
20-03-06, 18:54
turrets aren't a problem except for right now they're bugged. Number shouldn't have to be brought down. You need to work for your OP. Just get a crack squad of snipers in there hangin uup on ahill sniping the turrets. They remove the problem then you send in the ground troops to take the OP. Or get a flying squad to bombard the turrets

Ras Klaat
20-03-06, 22:02
Turrets imo are a good thing for OP wars, Outposts should be hard to take from a clan (but is not). The advantage should always be with the defending clan.
As it stands now when the attacking clan decides to take a OP they run in AoE the fu*k outa the UG and thats usuall the end of the fight. (running from another OP is not always an option)
With turrets in the OP its harder to do that, now that they can not be blown up
i've seen some big fight that have lasted longer than most.
Im not saying to keep them they way they are now, my idea is make them a little harder to destroy and deal out a little more dmg. Turrets should not be able to defend a OP by themselves, but should give an advantage to the Op owners, otherwise why even have them ingame.
The only people who have problems with turrets are these idiots that run arond with "1337 Complex Syndrome" (tm) that want everything handed to them, and dont want to work for anything. So they look for any excuse they can find for a defeat.

jini
21-03-06, 08:53
Turrets are stupid autoaimnoskill items. They dont have a place in neocron. some patcehs back we used them as an early warning system.
Get a GM to clear out ALL ops since they are indestructible, some timess within a weekif you cant get a hotfix on them.

Now manned turrets with some form of protection for the user is another thing

solling
21-03-06, 09:31
There were FF turrets in cyc last time I checked

placed by some other clan while they occupied cy for a bit

remove all turrets tbh takes the skill outta opping if one side jsut spam turrets down (or now when they cannot get destroyed)

Bugs Gunny
21-03-06, 10:32
Manned turrets, which are like revelers..... now that would be nice.

jini
21-03-06, 10:44
ok not as revelers but a bit more powerfull that current gat cannons. and they would still require a tank to operate, and maybe less in quantities, but thats another story for the new 2.2 nc. For now they can just clear them periodically since they are inderstructible, or bye bye opfights

Ras Klaat
21-03-06, 20:14
LMAO
you ladies are funny, you talk about skillless but without turrets
when attack an OP all you would do is AoE the sh*t outa the UG. Now i guess thats what you guys consider skill, and please dont say you dont do it.
With turrets in the OP aoe'ing is less of a bother.

pabz
21-03-06, 20:21
LMAO
you ladies are funny, you talk about skillless but without turrets
when attack an OP all you would do is AoE the sh*t outa the UG. Now i guess thats what you guys consider skill, and please dont say you dont do it.
With turrets in the OP aoe'ing is less of a bother.
ill aoe your face

Ras Klaat
21-03-06, 22:21
ill aoe your face
exactly
"1337 Complex Syndrome" (tm)

Seraphin[69]
22-03-06, 23:52
And when I think that I reported that fucking bug in the fucking Patch bug thread... I did say the turrets were bugged and unkillable...

Anyway, we asked GMs to remove turrets, but you need to be the owner of the op for them to do so, and as some clan ninja, it's not our ops when the GM is on ^^

Kierz
23-03-06, 03:08
yawn.. turrets lag me out to fuck and take my fps down to 1/2 (usually 10-15) so fuck them, remove them from the game.

Half the time they're put inside boxes and walls and other places they're not meant to be, and it seems funny that a clan can afford to put 2 mill (that's at csted + barter price) worth of turrets in the ug and outside at every damn op...

Turrets are supposed to be for a smaller clan that can't defend an op 24-7 to have a little protection from a small ninja team.. and instead they get used by the largest clans that *seem* to be able to afford a stupid amount, so they can get their nice little cheep advantage..

Turn all turrets + BPs into milkyrens, remove from vendors, remove from ops.

edit: oh and spawn those (null)'s around the ug and set them up so if anyone AoE's the ug they kill the (null)'s and lose a fuck load of SL.

Seraphin[69]
23-03-06, 08:05
Don't remove them but make them KILLABLE AGAIN. I'm wasting my armors here

Kame
23-03-06, 10:05
I see all you FF posting here yet ur the ones that came out with supposedly "out-of-game" stuff like gatling MK3.

Funny

Bugs Gunny
23-03-06, 10:31
I was at some opfights lately.

-PPU nerf is heaven, you see more classes than just monks nowadays (although some still swear by apu ppu teams)

-The total overuse of turrets by a certain clan is just silly. I'm sure that once the turrets are killable again they will no longer be present on the map.

-Certain monks have a definite love for clipping in and around the ug.

l8m0n
23-03-06, 11:15
lol alot of anti-city on terra posting here, :rolleyes:

Turrets are good for when your outnumberd and from trying to stop people ninja'in your OP when your not online.

As far as the comment that they are for small clans.....
Small clans are lucky to have an OP for more than a day cos they cant even defend it at peek times so the turret argument is falwed.

Yes you cant kill turrets but tbh if you die from a mk1 gat turret you need to go lom your setup of go play in NF for a while :lol:

pabz
23-03-06, 14:46
I was at some opfights lately.

-PPU nerf is heaven, you see more classes than just monks nowadays (although some still swear by apu ppu teams)

-The total overuse of turrets by a certain clan is just silly. I'm sure that once the turrets are killable again they will no longer be present on the map.

-Certain monks have a definite love for clipping in and around the ug.

hahah

onero S
23-03-06, 18:24
lol alot of anti-city on terra posting here, :rolleyes:

Turrets are good for when your outnumberd and from trying to stop people ninja'in your OP when your not online.

As far as the comment that they are for small clans.....
Small clans are lucky to have an OP for more than a day cos they cant even defend it at peek times so the turret argument is falwed.

Yes you cant kill turrets but tbh if you die from a mk1 gat turret you need to go lom your setup of go play in NF for a while :lol:

Its not that simple, 8 mk1 gats will turn the tide of a small fight. Not to mention gabanium has stun turrents set up so that once you enter the hackroom you can't get out, you have to reset position. Normaly you could just blow them up but atm the turrets alone prevented my team from taking that op. Now thats messed up.

ZoVoS
25-03-06, 03:02
Manned turrets, which are like revelers..... now that would be nice.

what he said...

unreal
25-03-06, 03:19
It would be sexy if ANY runner (ie, Spies) could gun the turret as well, but the damage dealt would be affected by the HC skill (and/or perhaps even Cst skilll to swing the balance and giving tradeskiller with the nib stealth an active role in OP fighting).

This would beat the whole "10 automated NPC turrets" BS that we see today. There should be a limit as to how many of the automated turrets are allowed to be placed at an OP a lot smaller, as the current limit is a little too big.There should be a similair limit for the manned turrets too.

PS. Sorry if any of this was mentioned in this thread already, I just read the beginning, then quickly clicked on "Reply". I'm off out (01:20am FTW). :p

jini
25-03-06, 09:51
As a result of a GM direct for this turrets thingy, this is what they told me:

The GMs cannot delete turrets at all, unless the owner of the OP asks them to.

Therefore the solution to this is simple:
You ninja the op, and then issue a GM call to delete all turrets. I will start doing this from today

Now, if after the deletion the "known" clan redeems its op back, takes it and place turrets again, then we know how to advertise them in ooc ;)

Ras Klaat
25-03-06, 10:18
As a result of a GM direct for this turrets thingy, this is what they told me:

The GMs cannot delete turrets at all, unless the owner of the OP asks them to.

Therefore the solution to this is simple:
You ninja the op, and then issue a GM call to delete all turrets. I will start doing this from today

Now, if after the deletion the "known" clan redeems its op back, takes it and place turrets again, then we know how to advertise them in ooc ;)

im not sure what you are trying to say tbh. I am sure however you are talking about Death Row as the "known" :rolleyes: clan, but i still dont get the point. What exactly are you gonna be advertising on OOC ? That they use turrets ? I think everyone knows that, and i think you will find they would admit to using them.
As i stated in this thread, i have no problem with turrets they have a purpose ingame and should not be taken out cause the "leet" :rolleyes: ones think it takes away from PvP.
I think it adds greatly to the fighting for a OP, but i guess as i stated earlier they just wanna roll into a OP and AoE the UG and take the Op without a fight. I guess thats their opinion of being leet :rolleyes:

On a side note, i like the fact you openly admited that you will be ninjaing OP's, i guess thats what your new clan is all about then. I wonder how much respect you gonna get for doing that kind of shit, good luck.

nellus
25-03-06, 10:41
I do like the idea of manned turrets but instead of you buying them couldnt they become a feature of the outpost and only the holding clan has access to them? If you lose the op while sat in it you get booted out to run like hell away with your tail between your legs.

Ive not done many op-wars my self only maybe 10 but the barreling of the UG entrances does seem to me to give the attacker an unfair advantage. would it not be possible to make a second UG exit maybe even outside the op so that if the attackers want to barrel like hell they are going to have to split their force up to cover 2 UG's making the attack weaker?

jini
25-03-06, 10:52
im not sure what you are trying to say tbh. I am sure however you are talking about Death Row as the "known" :rolleyes: clan, but i still dont get the point. What exactly are you gonna be advertising on OOC ? That they use turrets ? I think everyone knows that, and i think you will find they would admit to using them.
As i stated in this thread, i have no problem with turrets they have a purpose ingame and should not be taken out cause the "leet" :rolleyes: ones think it takes away from PvP.
I think it adds greatly to the fighting for a OP, but i guess as i stated earlier they just wanna roll into a OP and AoE the UG and take the Op without a fight. I guess thats their opinion of being leet :rolleyes:

On a side note, i like the fact you openly admited that you will be ninjaing OP's, i guess thats what your new clan is all about then. I wonder how much respect you gonna get for doing that kind of shit, good luck.
It's very simple:
Turrets are with us since NC1. But they were meant to be killable. However after a recent bug in the patches turrets have become unkillable. Now the only purpose they serve Ras, is help the unskilled in a very bad way and at the same time produce heavy lag to the attackers, so heavy that the game cant handle. Furthermore and as turrets were with us since ever, surprisingly they were forgotten and are back now that are unnkillable and we all know why this is happening.
So I suggest, instead of you playing with words learn some skills and have some fun, instead of letting turrets do the dirty work

Ras Klaat
25-03-06, 11:17
It's very simple:
Turrets are with us since NC1. But they were meant to be killable. However after a recent bug in the patches turrets have become unkillable. Now the only purpose they serve Ras, is help the unskilled in a very bad way and at the same time produce heavy lag to the attackers, so heavy that the game cant handle. Furthermore and as turrets were with us since ever, surprisingly they were forgotten and are back now that are unnkillable and we all know why this is happening.
So I suggest, instead of you playing with words learn some skills and have some fun, instead of letting turrets do the dirty work

If you knew what you were talking about this may be a good conversation, however it would appear that you dont. From the look of your last post you seem to be accusing DR of using turrets as a result of them not being destructable. If you ask and FF they will tell you different, DR have used turrets even before they were bugged.
You mention the lack of skill because turrets are used but you dont seem to mention AoE on UG's i guess you think that takes skill. I guess we all have our opinions. I hope you "have some fun" the next time you run into a OP and your clan AoE's the f*ck outa a UG. ( Now thats real skill )

I like what the other guy in the thread suggested about different UG exits, that could solve the problem of AoE'n the UG so the defenders cant get out.

jini
25-03-06, 13:30
Ras, are you drunk?
You come here preaching me about AoE UGs?? Are you nuts?
Have you ever attended OP fight? Im an xrossbow PE, how am I supposed to AoE the UGs?

RogerRamjet
25-03-06, 13:35
Ras, are you drunk?
You come here preaching me about AoE UGs?? Are you nuts?
Have you ever attended OP fight? Im an xrossbow PE, how am I supposed to AoE the UGs?

Rocket pistols.

pabz
25-03-06, 13:41
If you knew what you were talking about this may be a good conversation, however it would appear that you dont. From the look of your last post you seem to be accusing DR of using turrets as a result of them not being destructable. If you ask and FF they will tell you different, DR have used turrets even before they were bugged.
You mention the lack of skill because turrets are used but you dont seem to mention AoE on UG's i guess you think that takes skill. I guess we all have our opinions. I hope you "have some fun" the next time you run into a OP and your clan AoE's the f*ck outa a UG. ( Now thats real skill )

I like what the other guy in the thread suggested about different UG exits, that could solve the problem of AoE'n the UG so the defenders cant get out.

Does he even know what clan hes talking about?
EVERY CLAN PAST OR PRESENT AT SOMEPOINT HAS AOE'D THE UG.. so spare me the whine

Ras Klaat
25-03-06, 14:15
You ladies are funny.
I said your CLAN would AoE the UG jini, look at my post. It seems you are drunk if you cant read that, i know you are a PE.
I know you guys started a new BD clan so i know what im talking about.
Im not sure you do tho. I KNOW every clan has AoE'd the UG ffs thats what im saying READ my posts, dont get so defensive.
Im saying turrets (you know the title of this thread :rolleyes: ) stop clans from doing this to an extent, and as a result are a good thing for the PvP you "leet" guys are looking for.
I highlighted some key words for you ladies to pick out, how about you read the post and not be so defensive before your replies.

Try add something constructive to the conversation. My point of view is turrets stop the AoE'n of UG's which leads to better, longer fights.
Your point of view seems to be that turrets are "skill less", whereas i think AoE'n the UG to kill everyone that zones up in 5 seconds is skill less.

jini
25-03-06, 14:46
Ras, stop drinking and come to some OP war instead.
You werent even playing neocron, when I was helping DRs leaders, so spare me the bull. Like pabz says, if you see our clan you will notice that we hardly have any monks, but a couple. We are mostly pes spies and 2-3 monks, and atm just 30. Can't say the same about DR however. So please stop talking about things you dont even know

Ras Klaat
25-03-06, 14:58
Ras, stop drinking and come to some OP war instead.
You werent even playing neocron, when I was helping DRs leaders, so spare me the bull. Like pabz says, if you see our clan you will notice that we hardly have any monks, but a couple. We are mostly pes spies and 2-3 monks, and atm just 30. Can't say the same about DR however. So please stop talking about things you dont even know
I OP war almost everyday tbh except for the last week. I been playing NC since the start of NC1 retail.
I saw your clan AoE'n the UG yesterday @ Emmerson as a matter of fact so please stop talking "bull". I think you will find that you dont need monks to AoE a UG (how long have you been playing NC o_O ) ask Bugs he was one of the Monks that was doing the AoE'n (Not even gonna get started on that :rolleyes: )

So please stop talking about things you dont even know
quoted 2x for effect :rolleyes:
Like i said add something to the conversation, stop thinking you know everything and everyone.
Talking all this shit and making me respond will just get this thread closed and stop a good topic that needs to be spoken about.
Ohh and lmao @ helping the DR leaders.

jini
25-03-06, 15:24
For someone you play this much, I wonder why you cant pvp. Too much tradeskilling? or too much Barreling? :lol:
What's needed to be told about turrets is told, and I dont see how you add in this conversation.
As for the rest, you may ask Kame who introduced him in NC2.

Ras Klaat
25-03-06, 15:32
For someone you play this much, I wonder why you cant pvp. Too much tradeskilling? or too much Barreling? :lol:
What's needed to be told about turrets is told, and I dont see how you add in this conversation.
As for the rest, you may ask Kame who introduced him in NC2.
O well, a good thread we had once.
Man i can honestly say i have no idea what you are talking about, i know that english is not your 1st language so that may be the reason.
I can only assume you are afflicted with "1337 Complex Syndrome" (tm). You as good as admit you dont know me yet you say i cant PvP, im not saying i can at least not up to your high standards but i do OP war :rolleyes:. Funny jokes about tradeskilling btw ;) :rolleyes:

pabz
25-03-06, 17:27
O well, a good thread we had once.
Man i can honestly say i have no idea what you are talking about, i know that english is not your 1st language so that may be the reason.
I can only assume you are afflicted with "1337 Complex Syndrome" (tm). You as good as admit you dont know me yet you say i cant PvP, im not saying i can at least not up to your high standards but i do OP war :rolleyes:. Funny jokes about tradeskilling btw ;) :rolleyes:
It is irrelevant what someones first language is. As for "1337 Complex Syndrome," as jini said are you drunk?

EDIT: please close this thread i dont really want to hear raas klaats opinions

Dogface
25-03-06, 17:45
Ras are you going to pick out every unskilled way of attacking in this game and blame it all on Jini..?

It's a shame there's less and less players like Jini.

Sick
25-03-06, 18:35
gotta admit ras, looks like your arguing with jini just for the hell of it :P

because your whole argument revolves around :
turrets = less barreling

which is clearly wrong

turrets arent used instead of barreling, they just help kill the survivors of the barrels.. as shown by countless fights

RusSki
25-03-06, 19:04
Sorry sick but u lost me. The barrels would surely be coming from the team attacking the op, thus the turrets will not be friendly to them.
The survivors of the barrels will be the defending force coming out of the UG. Why would the turrets be attacking the defending force (owners of the op)

And ur telling other ppl that they have got it "clearly wrong" :rolleyes:

Seraphin[69]
25-03-06, 19:57
And get back to the point :

MAKE THOSE TURRETS KILLABLE AGAIN

It's a pain when people uses suntrap to prevent people from going in the Hackroom, and to see a message like "you have been killed by GATLIN MK1"

Kame
25-03-06, 20:25
gotta admit ras, looks like your arguing with jini just for the hell of it :P

because your whole argument revolves around :
turrets = less barreling

which is clearly wrong

turrets arent used instead of barreling, they just help kill the survivors of the barrels.. as shown by countless fights

Your argument revolves around something that is wrong.

You look like a complete retard.

The whole argument was Jini accusing us of using turrets ONLY since patch 154, and that is wrong, too.
Weve been known to take cycrow and fill it with turrets and try defending it trough night.That is when we first starting using them 2 months ago.

Here are some of my observations on turrets.

-Losing an OP is easy, and that 1 mil in turret you just put might even kill you in the future.

-Stuntrap turrets really work, and blocking ur enemy INSIDE the OP once he got in is UBA.

Better yet is taking this OP, only to find the remainin enemys stuck inside the OP unable to run for GR. :lol:

-Turrets in a hackroom oblige the attacking team to have a supporting PPU in hackroom at all times.(need i say more ?)

-We never installed a single Gatling MK3 Turret, yet had some at some point.
(i let you guys guess how)

-Turrets give a very hard time to droners.

Now in all of this does anyone find turrets useless ?
In fact i think they actually PROMOTE skills because as we all know ATTACKING an OP is EASIER THEN DEFENDING.

It promotes establishing/following a real strategy to take the OP.

jini
25-03-06, 21:01
Kame, pull yourself together and understand that you arguments are something like these:
1. We use UNKILLABLE BUGGED stuff for keepimg people inside our ops, helping us kill them
2. We use the same equipment to keep droners out on purpose, so we are UBA.
3. Turrets will help "my UBA clan" by keeping a ppu occupied in th hackterm while my unlimited ppu supply pumps my leet players with "skill"
4. All the above "promotes" skil :lol: :lol: :lol:

For all those ever wondering, this can be an answer why things are the way they are. Needless to say anything else

Kame
25-03-06, 21:05
Noy our fault KK buggerd the turrets, and ill say it again we been using turrets ever since DR were formed.

RusSki
25-03-06, 21:30
they should just remove turrets all together.
the amount of bitching ppl do about em and slagging or each others clans and tactics is just silly (regardless of the fact they are now god moded, in the past it was the same)
everyone either has done it, currently does it or prolly will do it in the near future.
if we remove them we remove another thing ppl bitch about.

on a side note i dont know what u lot would talk about on these forums if monks got balanced and turrets, holy para, xbow etc was removed.
if it wasnt for the whining and childish arguements this forum would be almost dead.

Sick
25-03-06, 22:27
ok maybe i should of explained it better, but as most OP fights go late at night, the attackers get the OP... hence locking you out of the UG, and the turrets finishing you off... plus the barrels

theres been quite alot of times that 3rd has gone down, and nobody has taken it in hacknet for 10-15 mins, and as soon as you come up, the OP is taken, locking the UG, and hey presto, theres alot of guys up top now with turrets + barrels...... its actually a nice tactic and i was impressed each time they did it

so thankyou RusSki for pointing out my lack of explanation, without being as rude as kame o_O

RusSki
26-03-06, 01:01
hey sick np, i get what u mean now. and yeah that is a nice tactic tbh, sneaky bastards :)