PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] Remove woc levels

Hell-demon
19-03-06, 13:02
At the moment all woc items are woc level 1. There is no need to get higher levels and such.

I think for the sanity of other people we should just have woc of ceres status. If you want to get to woc 5 you need 20 ceres disks, shit loads of xp and at least 10 million creds. This is a huge time sink and what if some day the servers get glitchy and ya woc dissapears 8|

So, I propose that we just have woc status, instead of levels just have woc str or woc dex, and all woc items require only woc not woc levels.

I just think it's crap that quests like this have to be pointless time sinks. WOC is hard to get as it is, why make it hair-pullingly aggrivating to get high levels O_o

anyone with me?

gamefreak
19-03-06, 13:15
you "only" need 15 discs, however 15 is still insane, i wonder if anyone at KK ever farmed a disc

nabbl
19-03-06, 13:49
atf got an activated woc 5 ppu on mars :)

pabz
19-03-06, 14:09
people need something to do after initial cap

Bugs Gunny
19-03-06, 14:16
With the way the game is now, and pops, after cap all you do is pvp, then get bored, roleplay a bit and level.

Any techparthunting character should reach woc pretty fast.
If you level solo in caves you can get 6 mil dex xp on a pe, probably about 20% more on a spy.

Fero
19-03-06, 16:04
Excelent idea for majority of people.
Less grind is good.

There are only few people who can invest soo much time in to that and be devoted to game. Rest plays if time permits. If bored people apply common sense. That leads to a lesser number of logins and then disabled accounts.
Think economic. Grind drives people interest down. smarten up KK.

rawr/2

Dribble Joy
19-03-06, 16:17
Nah, having the WOC levels as they are allows much more variation and the use of reqs tailored for each class and subclass.
Keep it as is, and add actual skills that you gain at each level.

Heavyporker
19-03-06, 16:53
Well, the crap thing is only being able to stick with one WoC...

Be nice if you could go for both! Insane, maybe, but I say two level 1 or 2 WoCs seem doable. *THAT* would be even more variety.

nellus
19-03-06, 17:07
I agree with dj keep the WoC as it is. its there if a) you want to do it and aim at doing it, and b)you stay around long enough and gain the xp through normal play.

I know its alot of grinding to get there (ive just done it) but it is something that certain types of players like to do. some like to pvp all the time some like to go caving and if your like me at the moment you go trophy hunting.

I do agree with the case that getting WoC levels shouldnt overpower you compared to those who dont but you still have to make it worthwhile for those who do and not just a status symbol.

ah well thats my 5 peneth worth back to work :)

Hell-demon
19-03-06, 17:14
it's just the grind will piss people off. That my main convern; the grind.

Bugs Gunny
19-03-06, 17:18
Write less, level more ;)

Hell-demon
19-03-06, 17:22
but leveling is a grind.

knowing me i'll probably reroll :p

Bugs Gunny
19-03-06, 17:23
Next xmass i'll level you a pe to cap :D

Hell-demon
19-03-06, 17:24
you're too kind bugs.

When we get the new sexy models i'll get a nice PE :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
19-03-06, 17:49
Well... why shouldn't WoC be a grind?

Or do you mean that the exp. grinding is okay, but the (Woc Level = WoC level * N discs ) thing is just dumbass?

If so, I agree. It should only require 1 WoC disc for each level. After all, you already got the damn money and exp.!

Hell-demon
19-03-06, 17:57
You must be some kind of genius HP!

See maybe just 1 disc not 15 of the fuckers.

It gets pretty boring farming those things.

Boredom= Less players

Rage
20-03-06, 01:15
I purpously think they did it to give people something to do or prelong your play time. I'm not sure though... I mean before the bug they made the WoC Disk wayyy to hard and this is in addition to the 260,000,000 million experiencepoint you know plus paying 2mil ( which seems wrather absurd at this point). Come on, even I can tell thats over kill, really really is overkill. And there's only one WoC item worth getting at the momment and thats the Ion Crossbow Pistol and I hear they're going to nerff that by 40% lol

My friends were talking about it... maybing adding WoC type Power Armor and/or CST Tools. Maybe a WoC 1 CST Tool that always at least gives 1 slot ( i dont know )

They probably just threw in numbers, reffering to the 15 disk. I assume they'll make it more reliable and reasonable later on with all the future balance patches they are working on... I hope

As for another comment to a statement someone said... yes, alot of people cant play this game like that... they have spouses, kids, family.. work. Of course school or college... so it's just not pratical.

They could lessen it and probably have more people involved in it cause it'd be really sad that someone couldnt participate in WoC events/items because they have shyt happen lol basically. I dont think they're adhering to all their gammers tbh - not with the WoC thing. It's people that love they game but just dont have time to sit and level 260million xp and pay 40mil something for a Disk or goto the Ceres Lab and burn a whole day for one drop maybe.

As for should WoC items give ppl in PvP the advantage? I dont know... really dont. but for a disk that dont drop and takin up ur life to get 260million xp - i think it should a bit. If not what would be the point - for fun? that shyt aint fun lol

o btw.. i like the WoC Title idea... where would you put it?

Vaden
N.E.X.T, WoC Master
[||||||||||||||||||]

Fero
20-03-06, 01:17
Can anyone one of you justify the time you wasted on it ??
that is what you call "fun" ?

Ole ... you people do have a ton of time on your hands.
thankfully you are minority :P :angel:

Apocalypsox
20-03-06, 02:13
Yarr har be an idea for yee landblubbers

(enough of that)

Lets have WoC armor. full sets, Helms, vests pants boots and MAYBE belts. have all these peices of armor have actual affects on your characters appearance (kind of like PA but it doesnt just make your entire body look different, only the one corresponding area) This way people might want ot level to WoC 5 or something, for Bragging rights cause they l00k t07a11y f00k1n5 1337 with there nib armor- or people might just want to stick with there normal INQ4/Dur4 and there PA.

Now for all you about to flame me, dont make the armor totally like "OMFGZ I ONLY DID ONE DAMAGE IN AN ENTIRE SLASHER CLIP" leet, make it maybe like a tiny bit over duranium 4 resists, or duranit 4 resists, but with a WoC requirement.

my idee of thar day

/edit ok so Rage kinda half beat me to it, but i explained in more detail :p

onero S
20-03-06, 03:33
Woc 5: armor of the demi gm

Gives: Plus 30 int, psi, con, str, dex
Plus 100 all substats
Looks really badass
Repairs to 120
Epic ie never drops

(this is a joke but that would be really fun to throw on :P)

Heavyporker
20-03-06, 04:50
I know I'm a genius, Hell-Demon, but thank you for saying so.

Apocalypsox
20-03-06, 08:23
Woc 5: armor of the demi gm

Gives: Plus 30 int, psi, con, str, dex
Plus 100 all substats
Looks really badass
Repairs to 120
Epic ie never drops

(this is a joke but that would be really fun to throw on :P)

Lol make the droprate for it like 1/5000 or make it an event prize. fuckin badass. a PE would be able to rezz...a Tank could use blessed deflect n shit...lol you could cap Pistols and Rifles and for damn we know HC and MC too