PDA

View Full Version : [OT] V for Vendetta

Dribble Joy
19-03-06, 02:15
Any of you lot seen this?

Going by the way the orginal comic author slated it, it wasn't too bad when I got round to seeing it.
A little wierd and apart from a few cliche moments a good thing to waste an evening on.

eprodigy
19-03-06, 06:55
im itching to go see it..

i noticed it playing on imax screens... probably go see it on one this week :eek:

yeah pointless reply on my part...

zii
19-03-06, 07:34
This ought to be out here soon and cannot wait. Looks class. Hoping for some depth to this film because its not a Hollywood film, but a collaboration between the British and the Germans.

suler
19-03-06, 09:10
I'm pretty sure alan moore wanted nothing to do with it, if I remember right. However I still would like to see it.

Dribble Joy
19-03-06, 15:28
Moore said that after this, he would have nothing to do with holywood ever again.

Nidhogg
19-03-06, 16:03
If you can bear to click on an IGN (http://comics.ign.com/articles/696/696867p1.html) link, there's an article that compares the comic to the movie. I've not read it yet but it says it's as spoiler-free as it can be.

N

Hell-demon
19-03-06, 17:16
is it one of those action flicks with slow mo ass kicking while some nu mental band plays incesently?

it's kinda been done to death

Dogface
19-03-06, 18:04
I'm going too watch it tonight guys, I'll tell you if it's any good :angel:

slith
19-03-06, 20:27
If you can bear to click on an IGN (http://comics.ign.com/articles/696/696867p1.html) link, there's an article that compares the comic to the movie. [...]Anyone else experiences problems visiting this link? Anytime I open the Site my PC tries to connect to the internet. I'm online 24h with a proxy...
Guess I should do a virusscan...

Dribble Joy
19-03-06, 21:51
is it one of those action flicks with slow mo ass kicking while some nu mental band plays incesently?

it's kinda been done to death
Yes an no.

The only slow mo fight is at the end, but it's slightly different to the matrix stuff (the film was made by Wakowski brothers) and afaik, there's no nu metal.

Dogface
20-03-06, 00:13
I didn't go and see it in the end. Had places to attend.

zii
20-03-06, 00:43
I though that after AM had witnessed what Hollywood did to the other film adaptions he said no more, hence he hasn't lent his name to V. However, apartently its meant to be a reasonable politic thriller with not too much slow-mo action scenes. Hope that it turns out to be good.

Watched Aeon Flux today, which was fun and silly, which was fun. No deep plot there, but still fun nonetheless. At least it made more sence than the MTV cartoon version.

Dogface
20-03-06, 01:03
Aeon Flux is a pile of shit, the ONLY decent part is at the beginning with the cool grass :cool: you know it's true !

Oh and the girl with hands for feet.

Anyone seen Munich?! :lol:

Dribble Joy
20-03-06, 04:26
I though that after AM had witnessed what Hollywood did to the other film adaptions he said no more, hence he hasn't lent his name to V. However, apartently its meant to be a reasonable politic thriller with not too much slow-mo action scenes. Hope that it turns out to be good.
From hell was a pile of wank, I think the big issue AM had with V is that he had no part in the writing of the film.
It is very different from the comic version, but as the IGN article says, it would have been hard to cut and paste it to celluloid.