PDA

View Full Version : {Balance This!} WOC

Zheo
18-03-06, 22:22
Ok WOC was not supposed to push the bar for pvp,

as it stands woc is for hardcore players to become overpowered so I suggest the following

REMOVE THE WEAPONS!!

Instead add in items that hardcore players would want but the few hours a week players wont miss.

Items of interest might be:

Weapon mod - Makes weapons semi epic in that they always repair to ***/120
Weapon mod - +10-20% to all stats, like an ultima.
Weapon Mod - Rare weapon slot enhancers 2-5 perhaps?
PA that like camo pa 3 but repairs like an epic weapon.
Perhaps add in vehicle mods too, but nothing that alters pvp in any way.
Implants that are epic like and like mc5 perhaps?

Just a though to remove the overpowered WOC that sucks tbh!

giga191
18-03-06, 22:31
I thought my video demonstrated quite well that my slasher spy was hardly different to my xbow PE...

Clive tombstone
18-03-06, 22:37
Well, The thing is though, right now, yes the xbow is a "nice" weapon and I can see your reasoning, but mind you on your last coments (slot enhancers and Mock MC5 implants) these WOULD influence pvp somewhat, but then again maybe not.

Honestly I dont know how KK views the wisdom of ceres anywho. The original "project" was to store human knollege, and thuse giving a way for humans to restore its place as the dominant speciese on earth, just in case say anything short of nuclear holocaust would so happen strike the earth.

So seeing how much of "ceres's wisdom" is based off of practical knollege. shouldnt things that inovate human lives be more along the lines of what the rewards inquire for WoC? Say modes of transport, advanced electronics, medical advances, culinary, art, ect?

onero S
18-03-06, 23:04
I honistly don't mind if woc influences pvp, in fact I think it would be good for neocron's pve to be increased some more, make their a reason to get woc.

Apocalypsox
19-03-06, 00:04
*humm* the Xbow, the only working weapon worth PvPing with, barely does more damage than an Exec PE would. it has been said before.

giga191
19-03-06, 00:24
Zheo do you seriously think that you'll be much better off with me or gunnar using judge...

Dogface
19-03-06, 00:44
*humm* the Xbow, the only working weapon worth PvPing with, barely does more damage than an Exec PE would. it has been said before.

Sorry what? :wtf:

gamefreak
19-03-06, 00:52
Zheo do you seriously think that you'll be much better off with me or gunnar using judge...
maybe you two are just good, but it doesn t change the fact that xbow is imbalanced

cRazy-
19-03-06, 00:53
In my opinion Gunnar was easier to duel when he was using the xbow then using the Judge.

Dogface
19-03-06, 01:03
Why was that?

cRazy-
19-03-06, 01:03
He hit much more with the Judge then with the xbow.

giga191
19-03-06, 01:07
maybe you two are just good, but it doesn t change the fact that xbow is imbalanced never said that, but it's as good as slasher would be without the current gimped reload

Dribble Joy
19-03-06, 01:35
The weapons would be far better if they were moddable like the others are, and I do think there should be mods for them or you shoul dbe able to use regular mods on them.

WoC needs a rework/rethink much larger than simly tweaking the weapons though.

Zheo
19-03-06, 01:38
I honistly don't mind if woc influences pvp, in fact I think it would be good for neocron's pve to be increased some more, make their a reason to get woc.

Because it ups the line for pvp rewarding only hardcore players which inbalances pvp, thus making the game inbalanced. WOC was stated would not be a new pvp line but an expansion for capped players as it stands now it is coming a new line for pvp.

And yes i think gunnar would be easier to kill with a judge perhaps because just isnt xray based damage it's energy :) but i think you'll be easier to kill once balance is brought to the game :)

Clive tombstone
19-03-06, 02:17
Seriously, nobody likes my idea for "practical" WoC items? I mean, yeah combat is a huge portion of this game, but the fact still remains that theres a lot of other things you can do besides fight (well maybe not a LOT =)) it would be nice to see some items that kinda corisponded to the story (but then again, id like to see droners maybe get a Johny five drone^^ for WoC) Or maybe a Copy of Windows 95 for the hackers (its an insta gib program for hackers, guess why lol)

Course this is just me, I kinda feel like combat can only go so far, then you might need some new things shaping stuff up.

Bugs Gunny
19-03-06, 04:46
For the record, zheodaine is posting this after two encouters with fetish pes.

One was with two ppus a tank a spy and something else, against sweet leaf and me, we got some random hacker to hack the belts.

The second one was 15 minutes later with gunnar against 2 ppus a rifle spy and zheodaine. End result was the same.

It's NOT the gun, i'm sorry to say this, but it's your team. In fact you can ask the r2k person who was watching what i did:
I told him the exact order in which i would kill you all before i did it.

It was only payback for you guys getting 6 people to genrep gank me :-)

Terayon
19-03-06, 05:59
Then afterwards i genrepped ganked em. The sad part was i even warned them i was about to kill them, and they pulled out weapons on me :lol: . If it was a cs i mighta died with my 30 energy resist and 300hp.

Bugs Gunny
19-03-06, 08:56
Because it ups the line for pvp rewarding only hardcore players which inbalances pvp, thus making the game inbalanced. WOC was stated would not be a new pvp line but an expansion for capped players as it stands now it is coming a new line for pvp.

And yes i think gunnar would be easier to kill with a judge perhaps because just isnt xray based damage it's energy :) but i think you'll be easier to kill once balance is brought to the game :)

Zheo, i've killed you in nf using a tl92, i quote on vent :"that tank has shitty resists".
Now if you have a ppu with you and you're a tank, it shouldn't realy matter if a gun is firemodded or xraymodded.
You can't expect that when your char is capped adn the other fighter is someone that spent his first two months in nc begging for cash wherever he went to kill someone who plays this game for the hardcore pvp the last 12, and who started playing in november 2003.
That last fight inside the TG canyon you had two ppus, i was parashocked most of the time, you hit me with 2 bursts, the spy hit me only once.
IT'S NOT the gun i'm using, it's something else that's on your side.

Zheo
19-03-06, 12:42
Zheo, i've killed you in nf using a tl92, i quote on vent :"that tank has shitty resists".
Now if you have a ppu with you and you're a tank, it shouldn't realy matter if a gun is firemodded or xraymodded.
You can't expect that when your char is capped adn the other fighter is someone that spent his first two months in nc begging for cash wherever he went to kill someone who plays this game for the hardcore pvp the last 12, and who started playing in november 2003.
That last fight inside the TG canyon you had two ppus, i was parashocked most of the time, you hit me with 2 bursts, the spy hit me only once.
IT'S NOT the gun i'm using, it's something else that's on your side.

Lag? LoL i never said you where shit at pvp Bugs infact your probably one of the best, and i know im not one of the best infact i could very well be one of the worst :) However I struggle killing pe's on their own, but i can own an apu on his own, using my CS, Does that not say something? I love fighting with fetish its fun, you guys are good, and just so you know, my "ppus" I didnt know the R2K ppu was even on my side, you didnt seem to slow down and the ppu didnt buff me i at least not basics i cant remember if I had shelter but they never healed me. I look forward to fighting you and sweet leaf and fireproof your all good pvpers, if i didnt want to be killed by you i'd have an le. So dont think im bitching about you killing me or anything. I'm saying WOC is a crap idea tbh.

Bugs Gunny
19-03-06, 12:47
Let me ask you this:

How much to cap a GOOD xbow?
How much dammage does it do compared to an xray exec?
Try making a pe that caps it in neoskiller.

It's better than an exec pe yes, but it takes a LONG time to level to it.

giga191
19-03-06, 12:52
I come out of most fights with my xbow PE with over 300 HP. The slight advantage in dmg that xbow has over other weapons would leave me with around 50 HP at the end of the fight. I'm very sorry if your all looking for some sort of excuse as to why you keep dying to me and gunnar, but maybe you should whine about it less and go practice in NF some more because that's the only way your going to beat us (unless we crash, and crazy is nearby).

Zheo
19-03-06, 16:26
I come out of most fights with my xbow PE with over 300 HP. The slight advantage in dmg that xbow has over other weapons would leave me with around 50 HP at the end of the fight. I'm very sorry if your all looking for some sort of excuse as to why you keep dying to me and gunnar, but maybe you should whine about it less and go practice in NF some more because that's the only way your going to beat us (unless we crash, and crazy is nearby).

Try reading my last post perhaps? Did i not say:

"bugs are you probably one of the best pvp'ers and im probably not even close"
"I dont mind being killed by you, infact i enjoy the pvp"

... And I do practise in nf some times :)

onero S
19-03-06, 18:54
zeho, woc is not overpowering.

On a side note, I'm allways up for some nf practice, I just take off armor and such untill its about a 50 50 win ratio and then we can both work on our aim.

cRazy-
19-03-06, 19:01
I'm very sorry if your all looking for some sort of excuse as to why you keep dying to me and gunnar, but maybe you should whine about it less and go practice in NF some more because that's the only way your going to beat us (unless we crash, and crazy is nearby).

Amen brother.

imper1um
19-03-06, 19:10
Since WoC is so hard to balance (*cough*WoC Drop Fuckups*cough*). Really, WoC should make people last longer, not kill easier. I believe there should be more Implants, more Armor and more Boneforcements instead of makigng weapons and weapon mods.

Stuff such as a pure CST Chip, maybe a better CON chip than a PP Resistor. Like I said, there should be more stuff to stay alive or help Tradeskillers. Making weapons makes things unbalanced.

Imper1um out

giga191
19-03-06, 23:25
KK feel free to give us something other than xbow, as long as it's not some second rate useless idea that you've gotten off the forum.

R3N3GADE
22-03-06, 12:54
i do believe at one point kk said that WoC weapons would not be more powerful then rares funny how things change

giga191
22-03-06, 13:26
If KK did everything they said they would, they would all be millionaires

SnAkE_BE
22-03-06, 14:10
lol yea, hey btw like everyone said already the exe does almost as much dammage as the xbow the only thing is on a pe u dont have to drug for an xbow if u get woc, u do have to drug for an exe :). SO STOP WHINING ABOUT THE XBOW BEING OVERPOWERED ;)
GreetZ