PDA

View Full Version : Test server

CHA0S
18-03-06, 13:30
As far as i am aware there was mention of a test server being made available.........but dont know when or where or even if....

With the upcoming idea's/discussions wouldn't a test server be best to be implemented and idea's tested and fine-tuned before throwing it on the main playing servers.

Considering the pvp server is a "flop" why not change this to a test server?

Anyway hope someone or Dirus could reply as to where KK stands with a test server being used and such.

PS im fire proof :D

Regards

Chaos

Hell-demon
18-03-06, 14:17
I too would like to know

Tratos
18-03-06, 14:20
• Most discussions will run for one week. There will be exceptions for some topics that will require more time though. When we close a discussion, we will post a general conclusion including our final plans for changes concerning that topic.
• Once the changes are on the test server, discussions will of course be re-opened to allow for feedback, and any possible further improvements.
So the test server is deffinetly coming ;) but i highly doubt it will appear until the first batch of changes are in effect and ready for testing.

Also KK i really hope you don't use Neptune as the test server as when the balancing is over the level of fun to be had in the game will surly rise after the fall of monk-o-cron bringing back alot of customers then as people see populations on the rise more could come back yet again as alot of people left due to the lower populations meaning the PvP server could still rise from the ashes if it has some minor changes applied to it's ruleset.

CHA0S
18-03-06, 15:03
Like all LE's drops out at a certain lvl or wrecked

but i think the xp gain rate should be same on all servers hehe

Toxen
18-03-06, 16:09

Won't ever happen.

pabz
18-03-06, 16:58

but i think the xp gain rate should be same on all servers hehe

/signed

CHA0S
21-03-06, 16:12
bumpbumpy

Nidhogg
21-03-06, 17:14
Please don't bump. The test server will be organised when there's something to test, but we're still in the consultation phase.

N

calim
21-03-06, 17:24
Please don't bump. The test server will be organised when there's something to test, but we're still in the consultation phase.

N

Hi NidHogg,
That's not only about balancing and enhancement questions. I think we could also help about bugfix patchs on this test server. Like a preproduction server. ( because we all know that a simple bugfix can have many effects on the rest of the game ^^ )