PDA

View Full Version : Little things?

Strife
15-03-06, 16:32
What little things do you think should be changed to make the game feel a little more comfortable to play?

I'd like stacking of items like drugs/meds/boosters in the quickslot. You put a booster in slot9 and it stacks them all in there, and all you'd ever have to do is press 9. Now i'm sure we're all used to having to drag them over to the qb all the time, but it'd be one less headache and make item management a lot more easier.

Catagories for genereps. Just little buttons up top that sorta them, An outpost list, neocron Gr's, doy, apartments, Misc(like red point, battledome).Maybe even setup the first list to display the most used 5 GR's.

you ideas?

Tratos
15-03-06, 16:56
GR filters would be nice, like an "Open" filter, sorting them in alphabetical order, ordering by their status such as critical, safe, unsafe etc etc then ofcourse "type" so they'd list in OP, Neocron, DoY, Misc etc. The if possible a "custom" sort which returns your list to how you had it organised.

Oh and a drag-replace system e.g. if you have a CS in slot one but are going caving you'd drag a malediction from your gogu over slot one, it would swap places with the CS which youd then move to your gogu instead of having to remove the CS then place the mal.

Stuff like that is good, the new online filters in the player lists on the citycoms are great little addtions.

Bishop Yutani
15-03-06, 16:59
to be able to open boxes, crates and really anything else without having to wait ~5 seconds before opening another.

thats kinda annoying.

Apocalypsox
15-03-06, 18:03
having multiple apartment genrep points instead of just one...

Tratos
15-03-06, 18:17
having multiple apartment genrep points instead of just one...
If that was added being able to label them would also be cool however it would be a bit hax as everyone would have tons of appartments simply for the cheaper GR fee and in the case of enemy locations being able to guard dodge.

Apocalypsox
15-03-06, 18:18
tbh i already have atleast 1 appartment in almsot every zone in the city...would just make it easier to get to the app you needed.

Skusty
15-03-06, 18:24
Tanks that accually can be used for Opwars. Woc anyone?

GR filter that says " open / closed ".

Strife
15-03-06, 18:26
oh, wtf, how could i forget.

APARTMENT SHARING!#!$!@

Waiting on this for years. I usually play with a close bunch of friends, so we pool rare parts etc. My rare hunter is, or will be clanned, and i don't plan on making a clan to share an apt, so it'd be nice if you could add people to the apartment access list.

Apocalypsox
15-03-06, 18:29
i want a helicopter type thing (maybe a downsized hoverbomber) with a laser gattlin gun type thing for the pilot, and no gunner. :D

pabz
15-03-06, 21:26
Vehicles that need gunners annoy me

Logan_storm_03
15-03-06, 21:51
Whiners.

Get rid. Would make forum browsing (and to some extend actuly playing) alot more enjoyable.

Androth
15-03-06, 23:05
I'd like stacking of items like drugs/meds/boosters in the quickslot. You put a booster in slot9 and it stacks them all in there, and all you'd ever have to do is press 9. Now i'm sure we're all used to having to drag them over to the qb all the time, but it'd be one less headache and make item management a lot more easier.

I just run drugs from my inventory, mainly for stacking reason, quick tab click click tab back on task, if you have the placement set up right you get very fast at it tbh.

I'd like to see you able to have more than one apartment gr tbh, if you have 2 dozen apartments kind sucks you can only gr to one of them at a time.

Some kind of sort for the cab?

Two more quick slots ( - and = ) Why not?

Ability to pick what slot is your locked slot, rather than always being 1.

Direct wire transfer money from runner a to runner b.

Cabs that you can give access rights to other runners, or like a password or something so anyone with the password could have access. Perhaps make a cab with a owner key, so they can control the password much like apartments.

Ability to slot flashlights and add mods that change color, brightness etc.. Just for fun lol :P

More homegirl variety?

Fix the rokware<sp?> things so they work right?

-A

pottburter
15-03-06, 23:18
Renameable cabinets.... pleeeeeeease.

Dogface
16-03-06, 00:02
Cheaper apartment furniture please :(

Neviroth
16-03-06, 00:02
I always did want a batch mode for research or construction that would do "only" 5-20 of a job in a row. Make it so that you earn no experience from the process and they don't work on mission prints or whatever, just something. For some reason, clicking "start" every 20-40 seconds hurt my wrist more than hours of actual fighting ever did.

My buddy had a capped CST and we'd spit out three or four 5-slots with each nightly build, but he ended up quitting the game due to how murderous and tedious it was just to build batches.

Cerbious
16-03-06, 10:03
Cheaper apartment furniture please :(

New apartment furniture

pabz
16-03-06, 10:52
Whiners.

Get rid. Would make forum browsing (and to some extend actuly playing) alot more enjoyable.
The forum would have shut down by now, due to lack of threads

Sick
16-03-06, 11:03
player shops

like just a guy who stands at the entrance to your app, so anybody can get to him if they know your pass, could work like any vendor, except, you stick a price in then give him the stuff, he would then have that stuff for sale at that price, obviously the owner could buy back the stuff for 0

i kinda explained it as a slight modification of vendors. i bet KK could copy and paste the vendor routines, and modify them in under 1 hour.... otherwise programming from scratch would take 4 years

Bugs Gunny
16-03-06, 12:11
Playershops would require a whole bunch of new databasetables to be put in, along with the coding to not screw it up.

Synchronize
16-03-06, 12:39
I have read a answer once i try to rewrite it by head.

The vendors npc, actually, don't sell fixed stuff (that's why sometime you have slotted items in normal shop)
So let said you give your vendor a 4 slot item, when someone get it, it can be a 2-3-4-5 slots
And the same for attribut

And the seller don't have fixed amount of items, so if he cant just sold the number of items you give to him

So without large modification that cant be implement easily

Bugs Gunny
16-03-06, 13:29
So you're thinking that a vendor as it is right now actualy holds random slotted items ready for you in a database table?
If that was the case then KK should fire every last one of their coders.

Upon buying stuff there's probably a small procedure that creates the item and then puts it in the database.

What you want would require a LOT of work, not to mention the huge risk of getting something coded wrong, making people loose high value items and with no itemtracking......

Playershops and itemtracking was some kind of salestrick to get us all in, we didn't get it and we adapted to the current FSM system which was designed around playershops.

Scott01
16-03-06, 13:36
I think it sucks how researchers get so much more over cst's, they terminal missions give way more money for researching tasks, and the researchers do less... ever tried mass building a weapon that needs like 6 or 7 parts? to keep dragging each item, then having it ask how many i want to move, then have to click ok for each and every single item is so damn annoying, especially when researchers just drag one and click start and it puts the required parts in the processor for them... like wtf?

I am new to this game, and there is probably something i missed that has me wasting my time but, if there isnt then can they implement some kind of system where you put the tool in the processor then all you have to do is drag the blueprint of the item, and double click the blueprint and it puts the required parts in the processor for you? and tells you if you dont have enough parts? Sure, I am being lazy, but c'mon the researchers are even lazier, and the missions pay them more :(

If that cant be done then can you add some kind of short cut, say where you hold ctrl (or shift, or alt, either one i dont really care) and then drag a stacked item (say it be a weapon part) then it only takes one item, and doesnt ask for a confirmation on how many you want to transfer at a time, that way you wont have to keep clicking the ok button in the item amount selection window, which often gets lost inbetween all the other windows i have open :(, it sure would come in very very useful for alot of us.

Bugs Gunny
16-03-06, 13:40
tl150 res mission gives 30k but that's for THREE bp's you have to make.

tl150 cst mission gives you 14k for ONE constructed item.

Scott01
16-03-06, 13:44
yes and theres about the same amount of effort in each, though one gets payed double.

Even so, i still think the item dragging concept would be useful, i remember using it in another game, i just cant remember which one :rolleyes:

Synchronize
16-03-06, 14:03
I think it sucks how researchers get so much more over cst's, they terminal missions give way more money for researching tasks, and the researchers do less... ever tried mass building a weapon that needs like 6 or 7 parts? to keep dragging each item, then having it ask how many i want to move, then have to click ok for each and every single item is so damn annoying, especially when researchers just drag one and click start and it puts the required parts in the processor for them... like wtf?
I'm not sure i understand you're problem
Because if you place the cst tool in the first slot, the bp in the second slot and click on start, the parts goes in the other slot by themself.
And if you dont have the right part, a message said it to you.

And If i remember right (but i never use it) if you drag your cst tool on the bp (or the inverse perhaps) the process start automatically

But the CTRL would be nice for transfer between inventory and closet, trade and so one

remember than cst mission give you more XP (INT, STR, DEXT) than the ressearch one (just INT)

Scott01
16-03-06, 14:13
OMG i really was missing something then, thankyou very much, you have made my life a whole lot happier :D :D I will try it when i can access my characters again o_O

Androth
17-03-06, 01:45
yes and theres about the same amount of effort in each, though one gets payed double.

Lube?