PDA

View Full Version : Which Faction?

Landshark
15-03-06, 01:32
Hey, first time kinda..to Neocron 2. What Factions are active within Neocron? My roommate and I are about to make characters on the Terra server and would like to know which factions actually have people playing them.

Any reasons to choose one over the other?

Dribble Joy
15-03-06, 04:17
There are basically two sides, Dome of York (DoY) or Neocron (NC), the overall difference between the factions on each side in minimal. Though cirtain factions are supposed to fulfill different roles, gameplay wise there's not much to distinguish.
I'd recommend the NC factions to begin with (City Admin, Tangent, Biotech, Next and Diamond real estate), the city is generally visited more frequently, there are lots of low level areas to level in and just more newb friendly than DoY.

The other faction is City Mercs, who don't even start in the two cities, but out in the wastes. Very un newb friendly and there are issues about their SL system (you will find out about SL), so I don't recommend you start there.

Napalm82
15-03-06, 05:02
So basicly it comes down to prefference or the factions Epic reward (Epic is a series of missions you do for your faction, upon completion of all the missions you get a good item)

Personally i'd say read the info about all the factions, if you like the DoY factions the best pick one of thoose, then make another char to get the basic hang of the game if you get lost in the Dome :D

Meself, im a Tangent man, weapons and profit and screw who buys the weapons :D

- Nap

Landshark
15-03-06, 05:30
Alrighty, thanks for the info. We ended up going TG, because uh...my roommate thought it was cool and I'm just a lemming. heh

So far so good. He made a hacker and I made a droner. I played a droner back in Neocron 1 a looooooooong time ago, but it's coming back to me fairly quickly.

Feel free to say hi to Saucy Jack and Landshark on the Terra server. I'm liking Neocron 2 better than Neocron (original), except for the really really crappy UI. Bright Green? wtf were they thinking! lol

Apocalypsox
15-03-06, 07:01
Heres something

/set gfx_hudcolor 0-9