PDA

View Full Version : Neocron + Teamspeak = Computer Reboot...

Uriel.99
14-03-06, 17:45
Somewhat a bad equation, isnt it ?

I've been issueing some really nasty crashes for a while... computer rebooting by itself, constantly, while playing Neocron. I understood after a while this was only happening if Neocron and Teamspeak were running at the same time. Quite annoying, knowing I only use Teamspeak to communicate with my NC clan...
Running Neocron only cause no problem, I could play a full day without any crash (maybe a sync bug here and there), and same with teamspeak. But running both... I cant play longer than 10 mins in a row, computer rebooting without asking me if I'm ok with that...

Does someone here have (let's dream) a solution for that problem ? Someone who might had the same problem and managed to solve it ?

thanks in advance !

Zephar123
14-03-06, 18:30
whats tempature of your cpu??? sounds like your cpu is over heating and casuing your computer to reset. Ive seen this before as running nc and ts or frankly any game and ts is cpu intensive

Sylow
14-03-06, 19:00
Another thing, do you run teamspeak "out of the box" or do you use any additions like tsdisp or Teamspeak Overlay?

Bishop Yutani
14-03-06, 19:09
well you could check your Event Manager if you have XP. You could also turn off Automatically Restart when there's a System Failure

Thats in System Properties, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery Settings, System Failure.

Uriel.99
14-03-06, 19:29
Well... I thought too that the cpu was overheating, but it isnt... TS is installed "out of the box", so no addition to the soft.
I'm running Win 2k pro, too. CPU is an Athlon 64 4000+, so I dont think TS uses all of my resources :p

The thing comes from using both Neocron and TS at the same time. Seems like there is a conflict somewhere. Running TS with any other game or application works fine... Also, even running Neocron and another game is fine !

Sylow
14-03-06, 19:42
Let's see:

- did you run dxdiag already? It could be a conflict or problem with DirectSound.
- what priority is your TS set to? Normal or real time?
- did you try using TS in "wave" instead of "direct sound" in the TS setting? Would be worth a try.
- i heard that TS has some problem when running on the second core of a dual core system. No idea how to change that, though.

SorkZmok
14-03-06, 20:14
It's usually an issue with directsound, try changing some of those settings in teamspeak and see if that helps.

Dirus
15-03-06, 05:02
SB Live card with the arrow keys bound?

Mr Kot
15-03-06, 20:25
Teamspeak is shit. Use Ventrilo instead; it's better sound quality too.

Make sure that you disable 'Use directinput to detect hotkey' or NC will crash and exit when you use the arrow keys.

Sylow
16-03-06, 18:02
Got no big choices, if your clan has a TS-server rented and everybody but you likes his TS.