PDA

View Full Version : Stacking drones please

Bugs Gunny
14-03-06, 17:41
I think it's realy silly that drones don't stack.

1. My tradeskiller carries around a lot of bp's for all my other char's armor and spells to make spares when i lost one.
Then when i build drones i can make like 10-15 before i start getting "too many items messages".

2. Since you go through drones duing an opwar like a wife goes through shoes in one month it kinda sucks having to scroll down and select the right drone and place it in, i've accidentaly pulled and launched the wrong drones because of this.

It would be realy nice if the same drones of the same build quality and repair quality would stack, then it would clean up the inventory a lot.

Apocalypsox
14-03-06, 18:07
/signed

annoying as hell when your trying to level and you cant distinguish your RKs from your RGs :lol:

Spermy
14-03-06, 18:15
Something about splitting the stack once in the quickbar, and also trying to launch a drone from a stack of them in one quickslot maybe?

Eddie
14-03-06, 18:30
Something about splitting the stack once in the quickbar, and also trying to launch a drone from a stack of them in one quickslot maybe?

I think it's more to do with the fact that they could all have different build stats/condition. There's way too many things to check, compared to just a BP or a WP, etc.?

Eddie

Spermy
14-03-06, 18:34
I think it's more to do with the fact that they could all have different build stats/condition. There's way too many things to check, compared to just a BP or a WP, etc.?

Eddie

True. :)

Rage
14-03-06, 19:18
Yea was thinking that. That drones dont stack because of the Decay factor... less they code it so ur best drone always on top

Each drone can easily have different Con levels and very random stats if u store buy them. ( i cst all mine :D )

or they could make it so tha wrose drone is on top and once it wrecks make it goto another stack type. this would cause a "hide" effect though. but its possible. do it all tha time in coding

or mayb tha last drone to go n tha stack would b on top. 3 options to ur stack idea :angel:

YA5
14-03-06, 19:56
I think it is because of the stats ... Drones can be damaged. and each drone has another condition ... Your Series of 100 TL3-Heal does not stack too ...

Heavyporker
14-03-06, 22:05
There's that.

How about when you pick a drone up off the ground, it automatically goes to first available belt slot. Kind of make things a teensy bit easier, methinks.

But, well, one might think that drones will have to change fundamentally if they're going to stack effectively. Perhaps change into one-use weapons, like the kamikaze drones. Yes, ugly thought, but the only way to make drones stack, really.

Pantho
15-03-06, 02:19
All wrong tbh

They used to stack, just like implants until it was changed,

so they must be able to do it *_*

and ive seen 4 mr-50's stacked in a cab about 2 months back

CMaster
15-03-06, 02:25
Only stacked when bought in bulk from a vendor. Would never re-stack. Was offically a bug - fixed with a very irritating band-aid. No items with any stats that can vary have ever "properly" stacked.

Pantho
15-03-06, 03:50
Fair enough, but its still possible then :) , i mean for kk to implement

Bugs Gunny
15-03-06, 08:28
It was also very nice to buy armor in bulk and store it, right now you have to buy 8 appartments to actualy store stuff for your char, and trust me, i have appartements i probably forgot about allready, containing stuff i'm buying or building again.

a4nic8er
15-03-06, 08:30
Drones purchased from a vendor used to stack - until the patch that implemented "Vendor Item Purchase Spam"

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=130411

unreal
15-03-06, 09:00
It was also very nice to buy armor in bulk and store it, right now you have to buy 8 appartments to actualy store stuff for your char, and trust me, i have appartements i probably forgot about allready, containing stuff i'm buying or building again.Yup, my combat chars usually have at least 4 or 5 apartments just to store random crap in, my tradeskiller has at least 15 apartments for storing stuff. If i'm trying to find a specific item I usually end up going to about 3 or 4 apartments before finding where I put it.

I still have groups of antigamma bones that I bought before they nerfed the grouping, I still have groups of 250 x empty datacube and 250 x wp1 as well. Was always nice to buy things in groups of 250 rather than the annoying 249.

imper1um
15-03-06, 09:14
Yeah, I remember drone stacks...I still have a stack of drones. Now they f'ed up the buy system and you don't see actually how much you bought...

It's lagging the server worse with the buy spam >.<

unreal
15-03-06, 09:43
That reminds me... I still have a stack of 20 RK1000 drones somewhere, but they're in one of my apartments, don't know which... lol

Tratos
15-03-06, 09:58
Fixing the "You paid xxxx nc" spam would be great too...but drones should stack as should vehicle keys.

Bugs Gunny
15-03-06, 10:19
Oh yeah, the dreaded vehicle keys.. Funny how a large cabinet thet can hold 50 powerarmors will only hold 50 keys....

Castr0
15-03-06, 12:26
It would also be nice if 5 slots ultimated CS all 120 with the same ammo mod and flashlights could stack too o_0