PDA

View Full Version : Cant Connect Back To Terra

Kame
14-03-06, 06:09
after dieing in NF using drugs i found myself unable to connect back in NC.

also after clicking exit to close NC it freezes there.

other ppl have confirmed the bug trough vent

Rage
14-03-06, 06:13
yea im locked out

Redburn
14-03-06, 06:14
Same here, East Coast USA... try to log-in just returns you back to the log-in screen

Enter
14-03-06, 06:16
This sucked! I was to meet Vaden, give him his C07 rare. logged out and cant come in either

SpinZip
14-03-06, 06:18
Yep....can't get in either.

Trillian
14-03-06, 06:33
Im in the midwest, cant connect either. Oh well.. guess that means its a sign to run up my phone bill!

MrTrip
14-03-06, 08:35
Im in the midwest, cant connect either. Oh well.. guess that means its a sign to run up my phone bill!

Calling KK? :lol:

Spermy
14-03-06, 10:38
Any maintainance scheduled? Anyone foind anything on TraceRT?

Redburn
14-03-06, 11:20
Back up, must of been the net again

neotank
14-03-06, 12:54
I cannot connect using any server using any of my accounts.
As soon as it tries to load the character selection screen i get a fatal run time error.

I have tried using the "Resume" option only to get the same FRE when it tries to connect.

I have tried different accounts, different server, and restarted my computer. All with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

elGringo
14-03-06, 12:55
As soon as it tries to load the character selection screen i get a fatal run time error.

borked client I'd say... run filecheck and check your router/firewall settings as well

neotank
14-03-06, 13:04
filecheck run and all was ok.

I did manage to get through to the character selection screen on an account/server combination that had no characters (4 empty char slots).

I just cannot seem to be able to bring up my existing characters without fatalling.

elGringo
14-03-06, 13:10
filecheck run and all was ok...

I just cannot seem to be able to bring up my existing characters without fatalling.

create a char on that empty server and see if your client is able to draw the models w/o crashing... if so it might be the char-data thats borked, contact helpdesk@neocron.com in that case.

If the client crashes, try changing your gfx settings .. eg if you use dx9, try dx7.
If that doesnt work either, check your error.log's the init.log and the clientliblog for indications as to where exactly the error occurs.

neotank
14-03-06, 13:31
Create char worked until the clothing selection screen when it tried to draw the character on the screen - then fatalled again.

I changed to directx7 and all is working now.

I don't know what it was because i hadn't changed anything.

The problem started yesterday when i logged out of neocron and tried to log back in straight away.

Anyway - me happy again that i can log in and play.

Thanks elGringo for the help. :)

elGringo
14-03-06, 15:04
you're welcome...

...and at least you know can tell what is causing your problem and go on from that point. I'd concentrate on the dxdiag, as well as gfx and sound drivers to fix the drawing in dx9. ;)

Sammson
14-03-06, 17:07
This happened to me with patch 154-155. It became very slow to load the login screen, and resume didn't work, I had to go in from the server selection screen. Then with 155 it ran once, crashed, and to get it back up again I had to uninstall / reinstall. It loads faster then ever now. My take on it is some files may get corrupted but neocron will still run, but to get it to 100% a reinstall could be in order.

Filecheck found nothing wrong.