Foo
13-03-06, 23:01
And the 100th pointless thread of the month goes to :rolleyes:

RogerRamjet
13-03-06, 23:25
Bring back uranus.

Nidhogg
13-03-06, 23:30
Just wait until the balancing starts to come through. You won't be wanting NC1 then...

N

Tratos
13-03-06, 23:37
I dont get why people want Neocron 1 back, nostalgia must heavily cloud some peoples vision as yes there were more people around back then but in terms of stability and performance the game has improved a shed load.

*waits for the "NC1 is discontinued - Closed" post*

RogerRamjet
13-03-06, 23:40
I dont get why people want Neocron 1 back, nostalgia must heavily cloud some peoples vision as yes there were more people around back then but in terms of stability and performance the game has improved a shed load.

People and fun > performance and stability.

Nidhogg
13-03-06, 23:41
It's not going to come from me. ;) Ok, so maybe I've been drinking too much in the hotel bar but for me this thread is more than just nostalgia; it's about potential. Our intention is to really deliver on that potential. Over the years we've really had our hands tied on many subjects just because we were restricted by what the engine could deliver (I'm not talking graphics here of course). Now we're going to throw everything up in the air and make some truly significant changes.

N

Lifereaver14
13-03-06, 23:45
WEll i use to play nc1 all the time. But ever scince nc2 came out its just not so fun everyone stopped playing. So im not playin till the payment method is changed. Then we might actually get some people to start playing again.

Brooklyn
13-03-06, 23:47
Just wait until the balancing starts to come through. You won't be wanting NC1 then...

N

LOFL yea Nid should be any year now.....We been playing a beta game now for over 4 YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!

-B

Nidhogg
13-03-06, 23:49
LOFL yea Nid should be any year now.....We been playing a beta game now for over 4 YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!

-B
It's still been a blast though. The whole point of an MMORPG is that it evolves, and that's what we're doing.

N

LiL T
13-03-06, 23:51
I still think this game has improved a lot more over the past year and a half, than any other point of its development.

/edit however it does seem to have taking a bit too long for things to start getting done.

Nidhogg
13-03-06, 23:52
I still think this game has improved a lot more over the past year and a half, than any other point of its development.
Seriously dude, you ain't seen nothing yet. There's a whole bunch of devs (not least of which is Dirus) who are slaughtering sacred cows as I type ;)

N

LiL T
13-03-06, 23:53
Seriously dude, you ain't seen nothing yet. There's a whole bunch of devs (not least of which is Dirus) who are slaughtering sacred cows as I type ;)

N

Humm I hope so :)

elGringo
13-03-06, 23:55

-B

Personally, I enjoyed playing this beta so much I dont even regret having paid for it ... :D
In other words.. NC has always been a special game and has always had plenty of fun and frustrationg bugs. I dont hink that'll ever change... still I like it and I accept that. Wether you call it a bugged game thats constantly evolving, or a polished beta that you gotta pay for.. thats up to you ;)

Dont take me wrong here, there are issues and its only right to adress them and point to where things are in a bad shape / scare off players... still I cant help but like the game.

@topic: I wish we had a mirror of the 2002 server/client .. would change the opinion of a few people ...the game back then was in a far worse shape than it is nowadays... even considering it was 4 years back.

Strife
14-03-06, 00:01
Just wait until the balancing starts to come through.I believe I speak for 98% of the community when I say, we'll believe it when we see it. :P

Tratos
14-03-06, 00:04
It's not going to come from me. ;) Ok, so maybe I've been drinking too much in the hotel bar but for me this thread is more than just nostalgia; it's about potential. Our intention is to really deliver on that potential. Over the years we've really had our hands tied on many subjects just because we were restricted by what the engine could deliver (I'm not talking graphics here of course). Now we're going to throw everything up in the air and make some truly significant changes.

N
Good. I've said it a few times, Dirus' ideas and plans for the game scare the shit out of me purly because he* seems to have pretty much every avenue covered from what i've seen on the forums in the last few days since #154 sparked up the whole heal issue and got the balance discussion roling again.

People and fun > performance and stability.
True but only to an extent as none of the people and therefore the fun would have existed back then if the much lower levels of performance and stability existed as no game means well....nothing to do with said game, lol

Populations only remain to dwindle now due to the repercussions of some rather bad or unfortunate business decisions in the past which has created an extreme uphill struggle for today's ReaKKtor which although the progress is not that of Blizzard's for obvious reasons, it is being made as we see some of the ancient bugs buried in the core of the game finally fixed and improvements in alot of in and out of game areas both behind the scenes and not. Remember some things such as the 2 (i think?) failed new publishers and release delays for the then NC:BDOY and the current running problem of payment with that hint of publisher grief due to connections of both companies were brought into place when somone else was at the top (or it would appear that way from the information we have).

Again it is slow but progress is being made and even release dates are being met plus a new payment provider is being contracted and the game has improved alot although it has taken time.

I imagine working with alot of aspects in Neocron is like trying to push custard up a hill with nothing but your bare hands (before anyone says it, No. the custard isnt in a bowl :p).

That was possibly my most "fan-boy-ish" post about Neocron but i wouldn't say i was a NC or KK fanboy as i do post my fair share of criticism and shout about the problems in game quite a bit just not on the forums. I just like the concept of the game, i like the way the community works (sometimes :p) and there's nothing else like it out there. So i'd like to see its potential brought to light and in the last 8 months to a year i think KK have started to shift - although slowly - towards it.

*By 'he' i ofcourse him those working along side Dirus as well.

EDIT: Lots of posts since i started typing :lol:
EDIT:
Personally, I enjoyed playing this beta so much I dont even regret having paid for it ...
In other words.. NC has always been a special game and has always had plenty of fun and frustrationg bugs. I dont hink that'll ever change... still I like it and I accept that. Wether you call it a bugged game thats constantly evolving, or a polished beta that you gotta pay for.. thats up to you

Dont take me wrong here, there are issues and its only right to adress them and point to where things are in a bad shape / scare off players... still I cant help but like the game.
Agreed!

RogerRamjet
14-03-06, 00:08
Bring back ITAK-MAN tbh.

Tratos
14-03-06, 00:09
Bring back ITAK-MAN tbh.
/signed :lol:

Best disgruntled PKer "EVAR!!!11111ONEONE"

Kozmos
14-03-06, 00:12
Bring back anyone that was worth playing the game with, cause theyve pretty much all left tbh

no use playing a MMO with the 4-5 people in the community that you can stand, that doesent even fill up a CS server

Apshai
14-03-06, 02:24

N

in nid and lu ... erm dirus we trust :D

Sgt. Pepper
14-03-06, 02:26
yeah NC 1 was fun. There are many things i really miss know. But if i really think about it, what i really want to get back is'nt NC 1 as it was, it's more about the feeling i remember that's gone with NC 2.

The game changes made since the end of NC 1 are mostly positive (sure we had some trouble with different things, but it's all on the right way now)

What i want to get back are the people that i knew from NC1 and the feeling to do something really new.
This is something neither NC 2 nor NC 1 could give me, now that i have seen nearly everything and seen thousends of people coming and going.

So there is no need to be nostalgic. It's up to us, to start new things and create a community that it is worth playing with.

The potential Nid was talking about is really a big part of NC for me. And yes it is still there.

Paper Dragon
14-03-06, 03:00
NC1 is dead and buried. I wish people would stop pining for its return, I really do.

NC1, NC2 or - hell - any other MMORPG would have a small population with the current problems the game faces.

I'm eagerly looking forward to what Lupus' efforts provide.

MrTrip
14-03-06, 05:53

N

I'm so sorry Nid, but I have to correct your post...

Just wait until the balancing starts to come through. You will be wanting NC1 then...

The current heal situation is sick, I won't even login. Apparently they want NC1 for a reason, a big reason, and thats because back then it was almost completely stable.

The jump to NC2, then NC2.1 has added more bugs then it will ever fix.

Fixing NC1 first, THEN worrying about 2, even 2.1, would have been the smartest thing.

*sighs* Thats what companys get for listening to

WE WANT NEOCRON 2 WHERE IS OUR PRETTY NEOCRON 2 AND DOY AND ALL THE UPGRADES AND NEW RPOS AND ALL THIS CRAP YOU PROMISED I HATE YOU KK IM LEAVING

You have it now people, are you REALLY happy? I doubt it....

I'm really sorry to have to post this, but its so true.

IceStorm
14-03-06, 05:55
The whole point of an MMORPG is that it evolves, and that's what we're doing.Yes, but you haven't told the playerbase point-blank, "We're gonna fuck a whole lot of things up while fixing the game rules and balance, so be prepared to have all your current setups rendered stupid until we're done. And don't expect this to be one patch. It's gonna be six months to two years before we're done fixing Ulrich's band-aid solutions from NC1."

I mean, you're screwed either way. You can either not tell the playerbase that things are gonna be screwed up and let them dance the LoM two-step for a few patches before they all give up in disgust, or you can tell us and hope we don't all cancel.

Rage
14-03-06, 06:19
i think NC2 is great. 10x better n some reasons then NC1 love tha models... yea slight bugs but if u look at tha whole.tha game runs pretty good... a fatal here n there but nothing that makes u go :eek: 3 weeks n im still 0/2 from fataling lol

plug: would like to see tha combat quad improved :P love that lil guy .that i do...

the BIG diff from NC1 and NC2 mostly that seems to really show is player count. makes tha game alot diffferent :\ so few ppl folks jus alli pk'in n blowing up vhs and askin for duel. alot more ppl would make alot more powerful clans n give ppl more to do. mayb less "ninja hackin" and i think they fixed tha OP locking exploit ? ppl fighting n front of MB zone is funny

ZoVoS
14-03-06, 06:33
urgh ffs can we all shut the fuck up on this topic already... nc1 is gaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

*edit* ofcorse i shall expand on that its rude to just erm... rant so to speak

nc2 is by far a better game... i only had more fun in nc1 because there were more people with whome i had a good time with.

the game in it self is less buggy less laggy and more fun overall... lots of the game is still fucked over... i know better than most i play both tanks n merks :D but theres still tons of fun to have in the game

if u just brought back nc 1 it would not just go back to the way it was... besides ^_^ i prefer my nc2 characters.

jini
14-03-06, 08:40
Bring back ITAK-MAN tbh.
I second that. Actually all you need to do for a population rise, is to gift him a free year of subscription.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

RogerRamjet
14-03-06, 10:01
I second that. Actually all you need to do for a population rise, is to gift him a free year of subscription.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hell, id pay for his account if he contacted me :p

Personally, im all for the new drive for balance. This is probably the most exciting time in NCs history. Anything could happen.

Cerbious
14-03-06, 10:17

N

When?

Doc Holliday
14-03-06, 16:16
serious question. whats it like playing if your in australia. can anyone tell me. i know a few guys used to play and do ok but im thinkin about the ping thing. that and the fact i would need a computer a bank account a net connection a flat to put the connection in and some other stuff i have no doubts about but this is just a thought.

anyone have any ideas. ie if your australian and you play tell me please. if not dont spam me or the thread :P

Skusty
14-03-06, 16:20
Somestuff from nc1 would be nice, characters modells so everyone dosent go around looking the same so we can mix NC2 and NC1 modells maybe?

Pepperfights! <3!

Factionallies.

Etc.

Bugs Gunny
14-03-06, 16:32
My old gaming buddies who have left never could be persuaded to check out neocron's patches again, not the new content, not the the bugfixes.

However when i told them about what happened to the ppu's holy heal and it being just the start, that got interest going again.

Dogface
14-03-06, 18:27
I have a question which is aimed at Nid/Dirus mainly. (Anyone else can of course answer :p )

When all this balancing and fixing is done, do you believe (not hope) it will attract more people/bring old players back and/or make the current players happy/stop them from leaving?

I'm of course praying for only good things from this evolution.