PDA

View Full Version : Keys?

Dribble Joy
12-03-06, 21:29
Random thought; all other RPGs have keys, as do non RPGs.

Have a Deus Ex style nano key chain and you could collect various keys to cirtain areas you have be awarded through runs and whatever.

RogerRamjet
12-03-06, 21:44
That would be cool as fuck.

Hell-demon
12-03-06, 21:46
:wtf:

no it would be awkward.

Remember also that NC is actually unlike alot of role playing games, less generic so to speak.

It's fine the way it is

Heavyporker
12-03-06, 21:51
Hmm...actually... not a bad idea... but different types of keys, please, not the deus ex one, whatever it is.

Like physical keys, if you know what I mean.

suler
12-03-06, 22:06
This actually sounds cool. You could have certain locked rooms in faction hqs, maybe in ops. Different keys for rooms in an apt., and the ability to share keys would be cool.

ZoVoS
12-03-06, 22:28
na we should just have actual codes we have to write down and remember to access certain areas. only the codes change on a regular scedual. and if you dont want to use the codes u can hack the terminals ^_^

Dribble Joy
12-03-06, 22:32
Hacking a terminal should give you a code that lasts for say... one day ingame, but only works for you perhaps.

ZoVoS
12-03-06, 22:33
Hacking a terminal should give you a code that lasts for say... one day ingame, but only works for you perhaps.

na work for anybody then hackers can sell the codes to people who need them

work for one ingame day thats like what. 8 hours?

maby even 1 ingame hour thats like 20 mins?

Dogface
12-03-06, 22:44
I was reading some *extremely* old Neocron related material, where it was stated that an in-game day was 3 RL hours, but they said it might be changed when it NC goes retail. So yeah, this was a looong time ago lol...

ZoVoS
12-03-06, 22:46
I was reading some *extremely* old Neocron related material, where it was stated that an in-game day was 3 RL hours, but they said it might be changed when it NC goes retail. So yeah, this was a looong time ago lol...

i though it was 8 :S

Dogface
12-03-06, 22:48
Like I said, this was a long time ago. It could have been changed, you're probably right. 3 hours does seem a bit short..

Dribble Joy
12-03-06, 22:50
Afaik, ingame time is 10x RL, so one hour is 6 mins.

ZoVoS
12-03-06, 22:59
realy... hpfm who cares

:P

as for ur idea about keys. i dont like it as it is but i do like the idea -=]