PDA

View Full Version : #154/#155 Patch Bugs

Odin
10-03-06, 17:58
Post only the bugs that exist from #154/#155. Anything else including discussion will be removed.

pabz
10-03-06, 18:17
edited by Odin - No hearsay. Expirienced Bug Yourself Only!

Synchronize
10-03-06, 18:28
Breaking in the 4th mission of Next epic,

Almachim dont give you the Kaboxorid BP

Try in English, German and french, same breaking for english and german different one for french.

Seraphin[69]
10-03-06, 18:33
Turrets are still not damagable by players. Only mobs can damage them.
(already reported in patch #154 bugs and in bugtracker ingame)

All heals have been nerfed way too much imo... a tank can't outheal a 66/66 mob (40 health regen per heal) and Holy Heal should be renamed to "Holy Mother of God where is my heal" as it now gives 200 Health back.

The nerf should only have affected foreign cast, not self cast for the holy heal. Now basically a ppu, who can't attack, can't even heal himself (which is sad). For exemple you have 1 apu/ppu (or a tank/ppu or xbow/ppu) team attacking a ppu. The ppu use para to freeze the ppu so the attacker don't miss.
With holy SD, the ppu can't outheal one stupid attacker.

And in opwar, I'll have to see if I can still have fun or if I cancel all my accounts.

Group Heal can still be used for caving purpose tho as it has not been nerfed.

pabz
10-03-06, 18:38
That's an opinion, not a bug. I've tested HL + dmg boost against a PPU, and he out healed it easily.

Brammers
10-03-06, 18:56
155 - Hacknet - Tech Haven Bridgelink - 2.3.3 Corrupt ICMP mobs keep insta-killing me. In 154 I could take one, maybe 2 hits before.

Synchronize
10-03-06, 19:04
The TL3 Heal is too much nerf, U cant play without a PPU with a Tank now.

I gain more heal (and faster) with the medikit than the TL3 heal

So the only way a tank can heal itself is to get a TL10 ?
It's strange because forcing people to "cheat" by creating false account just to have a special item is a bit ...

And how a low level PPU can progress, except by the nice of people who dont care his heal but accept to share xp ?
Now the recreation unit have a meaning, the only way to get my tank up after beeing killed :mad:

Bullt
10-03-06, 19:11
I tested my tl3 heal just before the first patch, healed myself 100 points (tested several times, with lots & little health with dmg in all parts of body).

Then after #154 I healed myself 70 points. (capped tank, with 454% on dmg & 34 on shot freq /min for this spell). (at this stage other heals where much BETTER than before)

Now after #155 I heal myself just 20 points . This is in NO way in relation to the other nerfed heal spells (tl3 now got 20% left of original heal power). So have tl3 heal by misstake been again nerfed in #155 ? (since the other heals where boosted in #154, unlike tl3 heal).

Good luck trying to lvl up a low-mid lvl char now... :(

blackpheonix
10-03-06, 20:03
oops didnt see this thread please refer to

http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1960937&postcount=35

:)

Sick
10-03-06, 20:50
you can still exploit rez

Dirus
10-03-06, 21:21
TL3 too weak = known issue.
TL10's changes didn't get patched in :/

Dealing with the heals by just looking at the rate of one single one on its own is not the way to judge their current state. Since Heals can be stacked with Med Kits and with Heal Sanctums.

Dribble Joy
10-03-06, 21:29
Medkit healing should be proportional to rank perhaps... Like heal rate = original heal rate * 1/rank.

APUs need a better heal anyway, as for snacs... eh.. dunno.

As for the topic. I notice that my syncing in the Wl takes almost as long as 154, but MB zoning and to apt takes less.

Dogface
10-03-06, 21:49
When using a TL10 heal, sometimes my health will keep dropping back down to what it was when I casted the heal - and not popping back up before anyone says. It's only happened once or twice. But only since patch 154.

Anyone else getting this?

Bugs Gunny
10-03-06, 21:51
It's odd, yesterday my tl10 was healing very hard, today it does 10 per tick.
Feels like it used to be with all 3 areas dammaged.

mdares
10-03-06, 21:53
It's odd, yesterday my tl10 was healing very hard, today it does 10 per tick.
Feels like it used to be with all 3 areas dammaged.

dirus, i can confirm with bugs on the tl10 difference from today and yesterday.

if u'd recall, yesterday when u were on i was reporting capped tl10 healnign me for ~150 hp per cast with a standard deviation of roughly 3 hp (3 tests); today is ~125 hp per cast but with a standard deviation of roughly 15 hp (5 tests).

all were done with the same form of dmg (i.e. self inflicted -> jumping off medi till low =D)

Dirus
10-03-06, 22:38
I'll increase the TL3's strength again, and watch the situation with the other heals.

However please keep in mind that in PvM situations a Heal + Sanctum + Medkit situation is viable, PvP I have to consider at the very least Heal + Medkits being used. This hinders how far I can push the heals strength. I know not everyone runs around using both at the same time, but I have to make sure that by doing so won't cause any major unbalance.

Also there are still other issues that are effecting the ability to get a better balanced combat system that have not been put in place now. The old issues with having too high of a defense level which drove weapon damages up is now more apparent with the heals fixed.

That is to say, now that heals are working properly their old "massively strong effects" that showed up near the end of a players life further increasing defense no longer exists.

The issue with being able to block higher level heals/buffs (i.e. casting a TL3 so they can't cast a Holy Heal) is being dealt with in the near future.

Sick
10-03-06, 23:11
When using a TL10 heal, sometimes my health will keep dropping back down to what it was when I casted the heal - and not popping back up before anyone says. It's only happened once or twice. But only since patch 154.

Anyone else getting this?

i got that a few times, it fixed after i zoned

Quakes
11-03-06, 00:24
For some reason, my chat window delays all messages for 10-30 seconds sometimes. It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes, but when it does I have to relog to get rid of it.

blackpheonix
11-03-06, 00:36
not sure if this todo with this patch or not but ithe n.e.x.t epic mission 4 doesnt work its ok untill u goto El Farid Village and speak to Almachim

Antares
11-03-06, 10:35
Take a look at the terminal missions pls. They all give just 1 Mission point independent of their level.

Nidhogg
11-03-06, 12:46
Bugs only, please. Anything else is just going to get deleted.

N

Skusty
11-03-06, 12:46
It fucked up my client so now iam sitting here downloading every model... :(

J J
11-03-06, 15:58
Something appears to have happened to mobs at a certain distance, I was sniping WB's with a SH, at certain ranges the mobs stop moving totally and become immune to damage. They're still in visible range, you can shoot them but it does absolutely no damage. If you advance closer suddenly they come to life again and start shooting at you, then they can be damaged again. has happened 7/8 times in the 20 mins I've played. Not a bug I've ever noticed before...

Zheo
11-03-06, 17:37
I have noticed that since 154 sometimes people dont show up on my local list or the wrong person shows up EG an le'd runner shows up instead of the person im seeing on my screen. But i can't find the le'd runner anywhere.

Edit://

PvP I have to consider at the very least Heal + Medkits being used.

Also there are still other issues that are effecting the ability to get a better balanced combat system that have not been put in place now. The old issues with having too high of a defense level which drove weapon damages up is now more apparent with the heals fixed.

That is to say, now that heals are working properly their old "massively strong effects" that showed up near the end of a players life further increasing defense no longer exists.

The issue with being able to block higher level heals/buffs (i.e. casting a TL3 so they can't cast a Holy Heal) is being dealt with in the near future.

So your saying that defenses are unbalanced? It would be interesting to know since normal tanks have about 151 energy and fire resist, and about 120 xray and poison resist i think. Would a Private eye with about 120 resists and shelter be stronger than that tank?

And i assume by dealing with "noob buffing" the simplist thing would be that higher tl spells override lower tl spells so a holy heal replaces a basic heal? but a basic heal cant replace a holy heal. that would make sense.

Slynis
11-03-06, 21:16
i only got 2 things that really bother me right now, and that is that there is no possibility to dmg a turret. its seems like u dont really care about what people do while they play, to hell with the heals really. fix the opscene. an op filled with furniture that attacks u. seriously how the #### where u able to F### it up that much makin turrets invulnerable. ok i know there are problems with the heals and yes the tl 3 heal is a bit crap . heals about 3 per tick at 530% dmg.
but stuff like the turrets is whats making people quit, and the more people that quit the more people feel like "wtf nothing ever happens anymore" and in the end whats left is a few guys hanging around in th and the server pops is at 2-3%. u have to take a look at the problems thats making people leave.

and ur all pink fluffy clouds ! OVER N OUT!

Synchronize
12-03-06, 09:24
I suffer a lot of lag between the client side and the server side since the hot patch
- Unkillable Mobs (my client say i did damage but the mob dont take it)
- The inverse sometime
- My heal bar going down realy fast (100 hp) and up the second after
- Mob who shoot after being killed (message on my screen, the mob fall, i turn 180°, launch a heal, turn 180° the mob is up shoot and fall dead !)
- I was killed by a heavy scorpion but i'm LE !

I have the prob at different hours with few people on the server, with the zone empty.

FarSight
12-03-06, 09:59
i got poison stacks (5-6 times in 2-3 runs) from chaos cave mobs (im LE'd so no APU involved), never got it before .... (if it was changed and its not bug delete this)

ThrillHousE
12-03-06, 10:10
Please fix Neptune, at least the old settings!

uN-Prawn
12-03-06, 13:45
very long Synches in the HN atmo.

And the Protopharm Medical substances arent working korrekt ( ok they never worked ).

Zheo
12-03-06, 15:17
Alt-Tab causes me to crash 80% of the time.

Bishop Yutani
12-03-06, 16:01
i'm having major synch issues. Just about every time i zone, i have to hit Esc to go back to the title screen and then re-log.

Otherwise, it synchs forever.

Dead Bodies
12-03-06, 22:44
Here's a list of the newest and extended bugs that have occured with #154 and #155 Post anything else u come accrost so we may better the game untill they reopen testservers wich is immanate!! (got special word)

#1- Do you like your cars? = When I have zoned i hit along synch and if i dont press any buttons my car drives it'self but without me it ends up in the next or / last zone while im in the oppisate ... ( hodor tested)

#2 Is a heal supusto Damage you? = the New tl 3 heals when casted are able to runcast right out of the stores or newbies, but they also do 1-4 damage to your char as well as occasionaly heal.. (odd)

#3 Do you get crash lag? = Occasionaly with 26 ping and 80 fps ill hit lag but not any ole lag the lag pauses you dead in your tracks for minium a muintue like a runtime but the box never comes.. THE BOX NEVER COMES! ... after a shorttime u return to gameplay or your dead...

#4 Did the grim drop a tech! YES HE DID!! = This may not be bad but grims now drop propper loot techs and R-10's ..

#5 I thought we fixed the reload? = Occasionly when u hold the shoot button i will get a double or tripple reload before i can shoot again AND ive alo had it where it does a "half ass reload" were i get a reload but minus 1 - 5 shots ......

#6 Outch they never hurt this bad... = DOy tunnels, WORM tunnels espically, MC5, WOC , and grim chasers have still experianced a HIGH HIGH!!! damage ratio... Outch that hurt!

#7 WTF my symph is gone?!?! = After 1 neuteral pk i went from 100 FS to 38 FS ... and 100 SL to 0 SL Thats quite durastic dont u think!!!!!

#8 WHO KILLED ME!! i thought its supusto say? = I ben killed by players and mobs it dosent always show me who killed me its not a 100% message granted most of the time it shows...

#9 Chairs in tree's? = Still lots of chairs in trees and hollow trees even more it seems .. more places to hide? or a secret atack position made by aliens from another planet...

#10 HEALS HEALS HEALS- Is a milky wren supusto heal faster than a tl 3 heal and half as fast as a tl 30? even a medi pack heals faster than tl 3 ... If this was the way to nerf ppu's it sucked it fooked everyone else .. ppu's are fine just give everyone else a POWER BOOST lets go crazy were in the future!!

Okay i gotta go no more time for more buggs post yours!!! lets get this shit fixed :D

unreal
12-03-06, 22:58
#1- Do you like your cars? = When I have zoned i hit along synch and if i dont press any buttons my car drives it'self but without me it ends up in the next or / last zone while im in the oppisate ... ( hodor tested)
The other day in the Black Dragon Convoy Event, the all-access Rhino that was spawned was a bit bugged. When trying to zone everyone in the vehicle went invisible and zoning didn't solve the problem, had to relogin.

#5 I thought we fixed the reload? = Occasionly when u hold the shoot button i will get a double or tripple reload before i can shoot again AND ive alo had it where it does a "half ass reload" were i get a reload but minus 1 - 5 shots ......
Possibly called running out of ammo apart from the last clip which isn't full?

#6 Outch they never hurt this bad... = DOy tunnels, WORM tunnels espically, MC5, WOC , and grim chasers have still experianced a HIGH HIGH!!! damage ratio... Outch that hurt!
Most likely because heals have been nerfed, and it looks like they're doing more damage than before.

#7 WTF my symph is gone?!?! = After 1 neuteral pk i went from 100 FS to 38 FS ... and 100 SL to 0 SL Thats quite durastic dont u think!!!!!
It is a bit drastic, the punishment depends on what sector you're in.

#8 WHO KILLED ME!! i thought its supusto say? = I ben killed by players and mobs it dosent always show me who killed me its not a 100% message granted most of the time it shows...
Not sure if it gives a message when mobs kill you, but it definitely does when runners kill you (I think it only lists the person who dealt the most damage).

#9 Chairs in tree's? = Still lots of chairs in trees and hollow trees even more it seems .. more places to hide? or a secret atack position made by aliens from another planet...
Great.

Random sentence to make this long enough to be a valid post...

eLcHi
12-03-06, 23:17
Hacking 4th layer at a Hackterm does nothing now - NOT CONFIRMED THO !

Should put you into HN - but doesn`t

jini
13-03-06, 07:46
1. TL10 heal spell now requires a Psi Glove: was this intended?
2. When you repair the baby stealth tool from Mr. Jones, it goes upto 47%/120% for a reason, meaning you will need yet another repair soon, especially if you use it a lot

SizZLeR
13-03-06, 10:03
Something appears to have happened to mobs at a certain distance, I was sniping WB's with a SH, at certain ranges the mobs stop moving totally and become immune to damage. They're still in visible range, you can shoot them but it does absolutely no damage. If you advance closer suddenly they come to life again and start shooting at you, then they can be damaged again. has happened 7/8 times in the 20 mins I've played. Not a bug I've ever noticed before...

Ever since i started playing NC ive been experiencing what you're describing here, especially with my tanks long range weps, like autosmelt, moonstriker, doombeamer etc...

Its like i have to move in pretty close to "wake up" the mob, then i can go far away from it at "snipe" it w/o any problems. :wtf:

Androth
14-03-06, 00:14
Sorry for long post ahead of time.

Never had this problem, check your firewall settings, I have herd of this with certain hardware firewalled routers.

#2 Is a heal supusto Damage you? = the New tl 3 heals when casted are able to runcast right out of the stores or newbies, but they also do 1-4 damage to your char as well as occasionaly heal.. (odd)

Same has to do with network latency imho, I personally don't have this problem, but some firewall setups seem to reflect this one as well.

#3 Do you get crash lag? = Occasionaly with 26 ping and 80 fps ill hit lag but not any ole lag the lag pauses you dead in your tracks for minium a muintue like a runtime but the box never comes.. THE BOX NEVER COMES! ... after a shorttime u return to gameplay or your dead...

I suggest you really investigate your network setup, for this is not typical gameplay for anyone I know...

#4 Did the grim drop a tech! YES HE DID!! = This may not be bad but grims now drop propper loot techs and R-10's ..

Feature not bug, review patch notes.

Latency issue again, never experienced myself. Could see how there might be latency that would cause this however.

This one seem a bit up for debate, and seems to be a con setup thing, hence the varying results. I have gone after fire mobs with my pe, with no noticeable difference in terms of what they do damage wise. I find it no harder to stay alive than previous to 154/155... As for the worm tunnels, chaos style caves, graves, all of the above have been delved into by other clan members, while the ppu needs to pay a bit more attention than previously, it is not much harder to stay alive. Have not checked into regents or the juggernaut facility yet however... In general, some things do more damage, others do less it all seems to even out, and be directly proportional to your resist setups and the ability of your ppus. Proper con setup seems to mystify many, and imho leads to a lot of this "OMG IM TAKING WAY MORE DAMAGE NOW" which is more like your taking the damage your supposed to take given your resist setup.

Try killing reds instead, this would be punishment for killing people that are supposed to be somewhat friendly to you... Also pay attention to where your doing it tbh. If you like to go nuts and pk everyone, then learn to deal with bad sl. CM excluded from these, I feel for them with no legit enemies... Something glaringly missing from the patch...

Haven't died yet just can't say, other than in hacknet, where the message seems to function as expected.

More important things out there to worry about.

#10 HEALS HEALS HEALS- Is a milky wren supusto heal faster than a tl 3 heal and half as fast as a tl 30? even a medi pack heals faster than tl 3 ... If this was the way to nerf ppu's it sucked it fooked everyone else .. ppu's are fine just give everyone else a POWER BOOST lets go crazy were in the future!!

The Heal has been adjusted to work the way it was intended, realize that heal has been puffed up over the years, its simply a removal of a band-aid, frankly a welcome one. Am I the only person that sees the wisdom of balancing the ppus? No at least you have a shot at killing one, frankly I do not think they were ever intended to be used they way they are. They still have their issues, such as the need for a way for them to level effectively without a group, but thats another issue.

Everyone has been crying for years about monkocron, but now all of the sudden its "OMG DONT NERF MY PPU FFS" the hypocrisy of the community seems to know no bounds. tl3 does need to have its place in the world reviewed, as it stand I see no reason for anyone to use the tl3 beings that the tl10 is available, however I don't think the tl10 was intended to replace the tl3 for everyone, so this will need to be figured out, sooner rather than later hopefully. But as long as people use the tl10, and most of the people I know do and have for a long time, the only people its hurting are the true new players that don't know, or don't have the means with which to acquire a tl10.

PS. Spellcheck is your friend.

Things I've personally noticed. Excessive damage difference (received) from the 100/100 mobs for the new iongun run. 154 was survivable, 155 appears to be way tougher, with runners dieing on synch in. I'm just guessing this was not intentional, synchtime being what it is at the moment running heal before synch appears to not be very effective either.

Attack range in hacknet still seems to be a issue, almost more than it was before in fact, not sure what has changed, just seems like you need to be closer than before to attack.

ROF on Ion drones seems a bit under what you would expect based on the tl, and compared to what other drones are available to the runner with the same levels as the requirements. Not sure if this is intentional or not. If it is intentional than the damage should be reviewed as there is really no reason to run Ion drones as it is not on par with the other drones in similar tl category. Given the sketchy nature, with regards to usability of other new weapons(ceres, ion guns, etc), I suppose it is on par and the weakness is intentional.

Synching issues still pervade, I personally believe this has much to do with the optimizations, regarding speed of synch you guys have been doing. I'm not sure exactly how you guys have the packets setup, but some kind of checksum/rejection system should be in place to prevent things like synching to other characters, getting unexpected things in your gogu or just as bad losing unexpected things, missing pa's, gaining skill levels and not getting points till much later, the list of synch errors goes on.

-A

ThrillHousE
14-03-06, 00:35
Dunno if i mentioned it yet, but Neptune lost its special settings!!!

Brammers
14-03-06, 11:35
There is no DB for Rare Code Fragment #OFOCO1 on the Neocron side.

Ok here is the complete list of downloadable parts.

Rare: _ _ _ Database: _ _ _ _ Location:
OFOCO1: _ _ High-Sec _ _ _ _ DOY Tsunami Sector 07. Snack attack.
OFOCO2: _ _ High-Sec _ _ _ _ Plaza 1 (above Medicare center) / Viarosso 2 (Crytons) / DoY Sector 2 - Crahn Dinner DB
OFOCO3: _ _ High-Sec _ _ _ _ Plaza 2 (inside Neocronicle) / DoY Sector 6 - Archer and Weston DB

Jezebel
14-03-06, 12:10
I did'nt see anywhere this, so i don't know if it's working as intended: now support booster don't stack anymore with other boosters like i.e. spy booster.
It was usefull to have both +transport and +hack expecially while hunting WB.

Mr Kot
14-03-06, 18:45
Hurler King mission does not complete.

No knuckles are given at the end, even though the console says Mission accomplished. The mission doesn't end there either.. it remains open in the F8 window.

From the chatlog:

03-13-2006 17:08:11 > You got a reward for killing the Hurler King:
03-13-2006 17:08:11 > You obtained 4069 nc!
03-13-2006 17:08:11 > Mission objective successful!
03-13-2006 17:08:31 > Mission objective successful!
03-13-2006 17:08:31 > Mission accomplished!
03-13-2006 17:08:31 > All skills have gained 1000 experience points!
03-13-2006 17:08:31 > Mission accomplished!
03-13-2006 17:08:31 > All skills have gained 1000 experience points!
As you can see, the mission added the xp twice and there is no final Mission accomplished after this, closing the mission.

Bishop Yutani
14-03-06, 19:17
yup. several missions are messed up. I was doing research missions the other day and most of the steps were out of order. I had to go to the FSM to START the quest, then I got a MISSION SUCCESFUL! and then i got the mission information and went to the HR Guy to get the item, and had to go back to the FSM to complete it.

Androth
15-03-06, 01:36
yup. several missions are messed up. I was doing research missions the other day and most of the steps were out of order. I had to go to the FSM to START the quest, then I got a MISSION SUCCESFUL! and then i got the mission information and went to the HR Guy to get the item, and had to go back to the FSM to complete it.

This would appear to specific to something, research missions for FA worked as the should, as of yesterday, for me anyways.

-A

unreal
15-03-06, 05:06
I'm sure this bug is nothing to do with patch 154 or 155, but I'll mention it here since this these threads are getting the most attention.

I found out the hard way that when you put more techs than needed to build a rare in the processor window, then build it, the un-needed techs aren't removed from the processor window, and are then deleted when the process is complete, instead of being moved back to your inventory like when you're constructing from blueprints (the un-needed wp's or blueprints get shoved back to your inventory).

I had two sets of Ravager parts, with a Cursed Soul I had just built in the 'process complete' section of the processor window. I was probably inventory bugged at the time, I only stuck the 6 tech parts of the Rav in the processor, clicked on Start, built the Ravager, only to find the other 5 techs for Rav that were somehow added to the processor had disappeared, with only the TP of Rav left behind, since there was no room for it there at the time.

Usually I wouldn't complain, well, yes I would, but when bugs regarding tech parts (which are hard to get at the moment thanks to the fucked up Warbot spawn, congratulations whoever had that idea) are concerned, it really gets on my tits. I'm just glad it wasn't my Slasher parts that disappeared. Another way Neocron has made my day so enjoyful.

Edit: Might be worth mentioning that the techs were obviously the same as the ones already in the processor window to be built, that might be where the problem is, I obviously haven't tested putting my precious Slasher parts in there to see if they disappear. ;)

Seems at least 5 of TFC have no reason to login. The count gets higher and higher.

Cerbious
15-03-06, 10:02
I been getting some sort of proberlem where during lvling i may get some sort of minor lag and then wont be able to draw my weapons until i relog. Well i press the button and my run speed will slow down as if i have drawn it but i cant see anything nor fire.

Bishop Yutani
15-03-06, 17:09
How about this wacked-ass bug:

Sometimes when i zone, the screen flickers and when i try to move, i go a few steps and then reset to back where i was a few steps ago, so i keep walking 3 steps, getting reset, walking 3 steps, etc etc.

Kinda makes me want to barf after a while. But then it stops and i can continue on.

Has anyone else had that problem?

eLcHi
16-03-06, 13:51
Turrets cannot be damaged - Confirmed

(just to be on topic ;) )

Nidhogg
16-03-06, 15:40
Bugs only on this thread, please. If you disagree with a reported bug or think you can help, please PM that person directly. Please don't respond to it here.

N

Zephar123
16-03-06, 18:59
its taken me several days hunting to make sure. This could be working as inteded or not, But Warbots dont drop rares near as often after patch. I use to get a rare about one out of 3 warbots persay. Now its about one out of 10! this has been concluded from killing roughly 100 warbots.

Is this intended or a bug?

Dogface
17-03-06, 01:36
I don't think the droprate has dropped too much, but today I was hunting firemobs for about 4-5 hours, got 12 techs and my friend got 5 who was with me.

Anyway, I think theres been a mistake im the amount of damage chasers do, it was increased in the patch, but when it was lowered back to normal I think it went a lot lower than what was intended. I could be wrong but it just doesn't feel like it used to feel. I didn't fear them today :wtf:

Zheo
17-03-06, 17:41
I cant be sure this is a result of the patch however my monks rank wont go up, it was 33 when I was using a tl39 weapon and had around 80 apu, now i use a tl58 weapon and have 115 apu my rank was 33 and didnt budge now it's 25!! after i removed the items from his quick belt, and zoned alot to try and drop his rank to see if putting it back in had any effect.

So the bug is basically his combat rank wont change.

kurai
18-03-06, 02:47
One very annoying bug that only seems to affect some players, and a subset some of those only intermittently.
(It seems to affect me permanently though).

Holy Lightning blasts on me are entirely silent.
I don't hear anything, or get any visual indication that I'm being hit, other than big lumps falling off my health.

I have to be within 3 metres of the caster, and directly facing him to get any indication of it being cast at all.

As a spy this is a huge problem for me. If I don't notice the first few casts and take appropriate action, I am utterly fucked.

I've asked quite a lot of other runners, to confirm it wasn't just my install behaving weirdly, and about a third of them say they have the same issue (of which a further half only get it intermittently, not permanently)
This wasn't a problem for me pre #154/155, and I haven't done anything to my install since the prior patches, so I can only assume something has changed in the code.

Very weird.

Brammers
30-03-06, 15:16
After my Fallen Angels medals turned into chairs a few patches ago, I got them back. But they are still bugged.

Before you place a medal it has the right faction on it. But when you place it and then remove it, they turn into City Admin medals!

Bugs Gunny
30-03-06, 15:21
After my Fallen Angels medals turned into chairs a few patches ago, I got them back. But they are still bugged.

Before you place a medal it has the right faction on it. But when you place it and then remove it, they turn into City Admin medals!

Soso Brammers, you finaly showed your true collors? *Gunnar locks and loads*

I'd like to add that i removed one "thin long" cactus from my appartement, placed it and it turned into the largest kind of el farid cacti, meaning it now takes up almost an entire TH appartement.
I'm not complaining, but i'm sure the transportation costs of some florists must have gone through the roof from this.

l8m0n
30-03-06, 16:43
Did the jones driver missions before the patches and now when try to use the quad on my monk (given the key and activated it) it spawns, i get in and drive, then try to zone it doesnt and i end up driving off the map :rolleyes:

Then when i jump off it, it puts me back to the ASG :wtf: and the quad slides back there aswell, tried relogin etc does nothing.

Sent in a help ticket and 1 week later nothing :rolleyes:

So can i get a reply? cos its bugged that char from any vechs, tried hovertechs etc and the same problem. ;)

Sammson
30-03-06, 18:09
Common problem with DX9. Change to DX7 and the zoning issue disappears. It's been like this since NC2.

Bullt
30-03-06, 18:31
Did the jones driver missions before the patches and now when try to use the quad on my monk (given the key and activated it) it spawns, i get in and drive, then try to zone it doesnt and i end up driving off the map :rolleyes:

Then when i jump off it, it puts me back to the ASG :wtf: and the quad slides back there aswell, tried relogin etc does nothing.

Sent in a help ticket and 1 week later nothing :rolleyes:

So can i get a reply? cos its bugged that char from any vechs, tried hovertechs etc and the same problem. ;)

This bug has been with us since the quad came to this game. You can get it with revler also (others also maybe). Most common for the Jones quad thou. Never heard any suggestions what would help out. I just restart the whole game time after time (up to 6-7 times at occasions) to get it to work. So when the quad works, don’t relog if you absolutely don’t need, you risk the chance to get the bug back. Starting from different asg's doesn’t seem to help either. Any suggestions how to avoid this bug are welcomed...

l8m0n
30-03-06, 22:01
DX7 fix works but is crap if you want to play in DX9 mode, this should be on the fix list for evo2.2 ;)

krynstone
01-04-06, 16:38
Same problem as kurai...happening to me too

Comie
04-04-06, 12:54
i have the bug where you get into your vehicle, you think you are moving until you either get out of it or try to zone, and the vehicle bounces back to where you spawned it.

it only works in Dx9, if i want to use vehicles i have to use dx7 which then hides PE torso's... and doesnt run as well as dx9

Dirus
04-04-06, 13:54
This bug has been with us since the quad came to this game.

I've had that bug before, but not since NC1 back in 2003. There was no DX9 back then either.

Comie
04-04-06, 14:33
I've had that bug before, but not since NC1 back in 2003. There was no DX9 back then either.

ive only ever had it since NC 2 Mr D, and it still no fixed.

is there already a fix (not counting using dx7, or removing SP2) or are you working on it?

Koshinn
11-04-06, 16:17
I still get that same vehicle bug. Dx9 is so much better, but Dx7 allows me to use vehicles so I still use it. I also get that bug where you can't really move and keep warping back to where you started when you zone by right-clicking something in Dx7. V-sync doesn't help in dx7 apparently, it only helps in Dx9.

I also get sound corruption when I play for a while, it screws up my entire computer making everything sound a little slower than it should, but if I disable sound effects in NC I don't get it, so I play with sound off.

Forced to play with DX7, sound off, v-sync on. Been like that since NC2 first came out, and I know I'm not the only one..

Kierz
11-04-06, 16:33
V-sync doesn't help in dx7 apparently, it only helps in Dx9.oh lol, no wonder it never did anything for me =)

and yeah you're not the only one, I'm forced to use dx7 cause I crash if i alt-tab in the wastelands in dx9 and i'm an alt-tab whore. I get 76 fps solid in dx9, but 5-20 in dx7 :/

uN-Prawn
12-04-06, 19:41
Just updateted to 156
what does that patch include?

Nidhogg
12-04-06, 20:00
Just updateted to 156
what does that patch include?
It's a secret small content patch. You'll find out in due course. ;)

N

uN-Prawn
12-04-06, 20:10
great!
i am rdy to find out *Smiles*

CMaster
14-05-06, 00:11
Bug:

Apparition drop is broken. Simply drops stamina boosters and medkits. Two kills yieled 0 techs, 0 soulblades 0 anything except medicare products :(

kurai
14-05-06, 08:59
While I remember ... this has actually been broken since patch #151 or #152 ...

The weather.

With the snow that was patched in with the Xmas stuff the weather patterns for all zones got altered.
Fair enough - holiday season fun.

The snow got removed later. The broken weather changes didn't.

Six months later the net result is exceedingly frequent rainstorms - in *all* zones.

Rainstorms in DESERT zones. Let's think about that for a sec :p

Aside from being damn silly it's *massively* aggravating to snipers. The engine draw distance/clipping limits hamstring us already.
Having another 70% taken off our effective range every 10 minutes just makes me swear like a trooper on Ventrillo/Teamspeak and makes baby Jesus's kitten cry.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE fix it !

It was correct before Xmas, so we know it can be done.

Pretty please ?

msressi
22-05-06, 13:58
All I get is rain in my appts and lifts again even in TH deep inside a mountain.
Also it takes 8 logins to get any of my runners online (and I have many) in a working manner (which has caused many useless death)
And the mail system with the stupid skill adviser is spamming me to death as well.
111 mails on one of my runners that I cant delete because if I try I have a fatal and generate 3 more mails.
Now multiply that by the amount of runners I have and it gives me something over 500 mails.
We use the ingame mail system for orders from clan members and it is now totally useless, since I cant get to the mails I need to be able to read 8|
All in all major upsetting