PDA

View Full Version : Stupid q - Any1 now how to get the ion cannon yet

Pantho
10-03-06, 05:13
Will i just need a hacker and a tl100 cube, or will i need Some codebreakers? Is there a mission to get it, Is it woc,

Brammers u might be able to help, seeing as u seem to be devoted to TH and TH hacknet

unreal
10-03-06, 05:23
You recycle the blueprint from parts found in hacknet I think, Cmaster or Brammers are the hacknet whores at the moment, and will maybe let you know how far they've got. I'm sure they'd rather get one first then brag about it, then reveal the info. :p

Pantho
10-03-06, 05:28
Righto, some idiot was telling me the tl100 BP was a FSM item, lol

but yea i really wouldnt mind one, if they aint woc, ill Lom my PE to use it :)

unreal
10-03-06, 05:30

but yea i really wouldnt mind one, if they aint woc, ill Lom my PE to use it :)I think it is, you probably recycle it with the parts and stuff to get the blueprint, no idea though. Let's just wait for one of them to respond. Hacknet most definitely isn't my thing. Cheap and nasty buggy psi spell clones called software with buggy mobs for Spies and PE's isn't much fun for me, and neither are patches that make the game completely unplayable. :p

Apocalypsox
10-03-06, 06:43

but yea i really wouldnt mind one, if they aint woc, ill Lom my PE to use it :)

[ edited ]

Anyways im still doin some investigatin of my own...i think it takes codebreaker parts and probly more than one of the ion charger cells...

Brammers
10-03-06, 07:44
You recycle the blueprint from parts found in hacknet I think, Cmaster or Brammers are the hacknet whores at the moment, and will maybe let you know how far they've got. I'm sure they'd rather get one first then brag about it, then reveal the info. :p

Correct, and as things stand we are missing parts 6-9. As for details, well the details will spread soon.

PS. TL100 Datacube is a FSM item. 2.2k each

Spiro
10-03-06, 09:32
All except Cannon:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=132815

P.S. We were the first :P

Pantho
10-03-06, 10:23
what, they require hack?

Are they hacknet items, or do you need hack in the real world to use them?

unreal
10-03-06, 10:27
It's like the crossbow mission in a way. You farm the parts in hacknet to create the blueprint, then I would expect you farm more hacknet parts to be able to build it. It's a weapon used out of hacknet of course, after the upcoming hotfix I can't wait to be shot by one. Check the screenies Spiro or someone has made. [ edited ]
Ew @ those requirements.

Edit: I guess this gives hacknet characters a purpose outside of Hacknet then perhaps? Volvo outside of Hacknet, time to get owned. ;)

Bugs Gunny
10-03-06, 10:42
Real world.

They require hack because of euh..... hey, why do they require hack ????

unreal
10-03-06, 10:57
Well, from my edited post just there my guess is it gives Hacknet characters a purpose outside of Hacknet.

They could be speedy and be able to use Stealth III or the Obliterator, while being able to wield weapons outside of Hacknet that to my guess would do some pretty nifty damage if the hack requirement actually determines the damage/shot frequency %. Hacknet characters don't really need implants so they could be setup for more Str than a typical Combat Spy would, therefore reaching slightly higher TL armour.

Bugs Gunny
10-03-06, 11:05
Did you guys even look at the sceenshots?

That's obviously a rifle spy, since he almost caps the rifle and doesn't cap the pistol. Knowing that spiro probably caps his rare rifles i'd say that's a crappy stat lowtech weapon for hacking rifle spies and pistol spies.....

Only good thing about it would be if it was a no drop item.

Dirus
10-03-06, 11:06
Only the Pistol and Rifle currently require Dex & Hack. The Cannon is a STR & HC weapon.

pabz
10-03-06, 11:59
He has 168% with it unmodded, i guess he would cap it with mods

DER_julu
10-03-06, 12:25
Only the Pistol and Rifle currently require Dex & Hack. The Cannon is a STR & HC weapon.

but why the heck do you have hck as a req, for a shotgun / a pistol ?

nabbl
10-03-06, 12:37
weils items sind die ausm hacknet kommen ?!

F3Speech
10-03-06, 13:22
All except Cannon:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=132815

P.S. We were the first :P

Spiro or someone whos has one of these already could maybe answer please...

1. How do they compare with current ingame weapons for dammage?
2. I assume they do enery/force dammage type?
3. Is the ammo available ingame?
4. Can you drop them?

I have a rough idea about the above but would be nice to know 100%

Cheers.

CMaster
10-03-06, 13:56
I thought there used to be a special ammo for the ionic shotguns... thats gone? So now all they use is unmodded 12 gauge? They are going to suck like the gentoxic weapons then (which are rubbish due to their lack of ammo mod)

Spiro
10-03-06, 15:06
I thought there used to be a special ammo for the ionic shotguns... thats gone? So now all they use is unmodded 12 gauge? They are going to suck like the gentoxic weapons then (which are rubbish due to their lack of ammo mod)

Well we believe there are some special Mods and/or ammo for it, atm you can use it with standard riot rounds. You can mod them with standard mods aswell, dmg is same as terminator +/- 10.
Without the ionic ammo not pvp relavant

Dribble Joy
10-03-06, 16:58
TL95 an 97 low tech weapons?

Oh JOY!!!

LiL T
10-03-06, 17:11
Anyone else that just does not fucking care ?

cos its gonna be woc and its gonna suck worse then the xbow witch only does 2 more points damage to my pe than exe. Yet people think its overpowered cos it kills PPU's welll xray does NO ?

Pantho
10-03-06, 17:14
No it isnt going to be WoC,

And this is what i now so far

You obtain a code breaker 7 (Dunno where form any1?)
you Take with you a shiny tl100 datavube
You kill the phoenix CPU, get the ion part,
Take the codebreaker and the tl100 cube to the phoenix Database and get a BP

What i dont now is what other parts are needed and where to get the code breaker 7's from

LiL T
10-03-06, 17:19

What i dont now is what other parts are needed and where to get the code breaker 7's from

Nothing else did need woc till they slapped it on after people whined cos of there suckyness. Getting sick of woc items now, I won't do woc i have to work etc, if they are going bring out woc items they should also bring out items for the noobs/vets who can't be fucked..

Dribble Joy
10-03-06, 17:28
The reqs aren't WoC so far, though we will have to see after the patch.

Would you prefer a slasher with no TC or one with TC? If you have high tl low techs then there is little point in using high techs.

npinchot
10-03-06, 17:39
Nothing else did need woc till they slapped it on after people whined cos of there suckyness. Getting sick of woc items now, I won't do woc i have to work etc, if they are going bring out woc items they should also bring out items for the noobs/vets who can't be fucked..

Dude dont bitch cuz you cant spend the time. Yea WoC is annoying to get but if someone is gona devote that much time do doing something they should be able to get a decent weapon or something for it. Right now if you dont want WoC there is always executioner or meelee weapons seem to do good dmg. Also monks are highly powered so try playing that and dont bitch cuz there is something that you cant use

Dribble Joy
10-03-06, 17:43
Afaik, it is still the intention of KK that WOC weapons/WoC itself is not to be an advantage. I woulds still argue that lvling/grinding time should not give anyone an advantage (beyond cap). That doesn't mean MC5s and other items should be vendor bought, but the casual player should be able to compete with the hardcore/power gamer.

SorkZmok
10-03-06, 18:12
Afaik, it is still the intention of KK that WOC weapons/WoC itself is not to be an advantage. I woulds still argue that lvling/grinding time should not give anyone an advantage (beyond cap). That doesn't mean MC5s and other items should be vendor bought, but the casual player should be able to compete with the hardcore/power gamer.
I actually think woc should give a slight advantage, otherwise why even bother to get it?
Like 5% compared to "normal" rares or so. Not much. The xbow is slightly above those 5% though in my opinion.
Of all aiming classes, xbow users are by far the hardest to beat. At least on my tank. Especially PEs are a pain in the ass. Goddamn defenses + DB + tl 10 heal. :rolleyes:

CMaster
10-03-06, 18:50

And you are wrong :P

Dribble Joy
10-03-06, 19:35
I actually think woc should give a slight advantage, otherwise why even bother to get it?
Like 5% compared to "normal" rares or so. Not much. The xbow is slightly above those 5% though in my opinion.
Of all aiming classes, xbow users are by far the hardest to beat. At least on my tank. Especially PEs are a pain in the ass. Goddamn defenses + DB + tl 10 heal. :rolleyes:
WoC should give benefits, but not in any way that directly affects balance.

cMz
10-03-06, 19:41
You recycle spine part 7-10 to get CodeBreaker mark 7.
You get the spine parts from stationary hacknet mobs in High sec login terminals.

Koshinn
10-03-06, 19:43
Real world.

They require hack because of euh..... hey, why do they require hack ????

Then again, in the real world little 10 yr olds can wield a AK47 without any special knowledge really... but adults with years of experience that can easilly hold 140 kg and drive hover vehicles and such can't use an AK47 without using a wisdom of ceres disc??

LiL T
10-03-06, 19:45

No DJ

Woc is a pain in the arse to get, one id be happy to overcome however the damage from the weapons is fucking turd. That means my exe did 3 points damage less which means jack shit, people saying xbow can kill ppu's should stop and think cos my no modded earp could do the same....

Paper Dragon
10-03-06, 20:06

Let's make the Cursed Soul about as effective as the newbie cannon.

There y'go, instant balance.

Dribble Joy
10-03-06, 20:24
What are you two on about?

Who said WoC was just about weapons anyway?

If it is still KK's position that WoC is not to be a benefit significant in any way to balance then I don't think the current weapons are going to reamin as they are.

Paper Dragon
10-03-06, 20:28

Harping on with the "casuals vs hardcore" thing when it comes to balance.

As far as MMORPGs go, Neocron is one of the easiest - if not the easiest - to cap a character in. There's not compulsory end-game grind which you have to take part in so you can continue with future content (WoW, for instance, requires you to grind the end game instances just so you can even look at the stuff "above" that), and character's can be fully levelled in a couple of weeks with help.

If WoC doesn't give any sort of advantages, what's the bloody point of having it in the first place?

If we're talking about WoC not giving any advantages because of that, then you might as well remove stats and weapons completely; after all, better weapons/abilities are unbalanced, right?

Dogface
10-03-06, 20:32
All this balance stuff does my nut in.

Koshinn
10-03-06, 20:44
Harping on with the "casuals vs hardcore" thing when it comes to balance.

As far as MMORPGs go, Neocron is one of the easiest - if not the easiest - to cap a character in. There's not compulsory end-game grind which you have to take part in so you can continue with future content (WoW, for instance, requires you to grind the end game instances just so you can even look at the stuff "above" that), and character's can be fully levelled in a couple of weeks with help.

Guild Wars is easier.

Paper Dragon
10-03-06, 20:46
Guild Wars is easier.

So what's your point? "One of the easiest" still applies.

LiL T
10-03-06, 20:48
Guild Wars is easier.

Whats guild wars ?

:rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
10-03-06, 20:51

Who said WoC was just about weapons anyway?

If it is still KK's position that WoC is not to be a benefit significant in any way to balance then I don't think the current weapons are going to reamin as they are.

DJ, honestly do you ever do anything besides hunt warbots and poke in techhaven, you live so much in the pvp past it's not even funny anymore.

Dribble Joy
10-03-06, 21:24
One of NC's biggest selling points is that you do not need to grind to be viable, the main draw of the game is the end game, not the path to the end game.
As such, for people to enjoy the main part of the game, people (hardcore or casual) should not have to work too long at leveling up.
If you make WoC an advantage, WoC becomes a necessity, which means the end game has shifted from cap to WoC and you force people to grind for it.

And what does any of this have to do with whether I am some PK, gank or raid obsesseed person or not? No I do not spend my entire time in NC PvPing, no I do not hang about MB or PP3 zonewhoring or whatever, no I don't OP fight. Does not mean I do not PvP at all and cirtainly does not mean I know jack shit about PvP.

I (shock horror) am interested in balance.
If you want to shift the point of balance to WoC level and leave out a good section of the community from end game viability then fine. Otherwise, stop trying so blatently to protect your own interests..
I am not a casual player, I have the time and means to powergame. However I have better things to do than do cave runs all day long.

Koshinn
10-03-06, 21:31
So what's your point? "One of the easiest" still applies.

Yes, it is very easy, but my point was you said

As far as MMORPGs go, Neocron is one of the easiest - if not the easiest - to cap a character in.

Apocalypsox
11-03-06, 00:48
When did this thread degenerate into a bunch of people weilding their E-Penaii-

Allow me to get this back on topic.

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET THE DAMN ION SHOTTY YET?!?

Paper Dragon
11-03-06, 01:04
Yes, it is very easy, but my point was you said

So, once again, what's your point? If it wasn't one of the easiest, it would have been the easiest. If you were any more anal about things, dear sir, I'd suspect you of sinister deeds.

DJ:
No, DJ, if WoC becomes an advantage it's just that; an advantage. I seriously doubt WoC is on the verge of some world shattering power shift.

Granted, WoC could be easier to get, but implying that everyone needs it just to compete in PvP is really a bit daft. People can compete perfectly well without Cursed Souls, etc, so why would their opponent having a WoC ability suddenly change all that?

It's not "protecting our own interests", it's having a little perspective about the whole thing.

Brammers
11-03-06, 02:33
When did this thread degenerate into a bunch of people weilding their E-Penaii-

Allow me to get this back on topic.

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET THE DAMN ION SHOTTY YET?!?

Still a negative. If the recycling info I got given is correct, then the mystery of the missing Rare Code Fragments 6 to 9 is still a mystery.

Pantho
11-03-06, 02:48
Can we get the topic back on track plz and stfu about Woc , lol

Some1 already said i was wrong, fair enough im jsut trying to guess, considering i aint got any hacking chars, can these items be farmed, coz i wanna buy one of each

SorkZmok
11-03-06, 05:52
One of NC's biggest selling points is that you do not need to grind to be viable, the main draw of the game is the end game, not the path to the end game.
As such, for people to enjoy the main part of the game, people (hardcore or casual) should not have to work too long at leveling up.
If you make WoC an advantage, WoC becomes a necessity, which means the end game has shifted from cap to WoC and you force people to grind for it.

And what does any of this have to do with whether I am some PK, gank or raid obsesseed person or not? No I do not spend my entire time in NC PvPing, no I do not hang about MB or PP3 zonewhoring or whatever, no I don't OP fight. Does not mean I do not PvP at all and cirtainly does not mean I know jack shit about PvP.

I (shock horror) am interested in balance.
If you want to shift the point of balance to WoC level and leave out a good section of the community from end game viability then fine. Otherwise, stop trying so blatently to protect your own interests..
I am not a casual player, I have the time and means to powergame. However I have better things to do than do cave runs all day long.If KK granted me one wish, i'd make you the chief of balance.
No shit, you'd probably work out a better pvp/class/symp/rp system in a day than the actual KK staff could make up in months. :)

Dribble Joy
11-03-06, 07:36
It's odd. I argue for lots of things, but whenever I get people supporting me or agreeing strongly, I feel so uncomfortable.

Apocalypsox
11-03-06, 08:51
YEah well i get unconfortable when all of NCs horses and all of its men, cannot find a BP to put the ion shotgun together again. :lol:

nobby
12-03-06, 05:29
Honestly...What's the point of the sawn off shotgun version if they both req hack...The rifle version would just be better...

What's the point?

Apocalypsox
12-03-06, 05:30
nobby...they added the specific reqs now (the rifle is rifle, pistol requires pistol etc.)

nobby
12-03-06, 05:36
Well I got the ION Cannon for ya...

all gawp at the lovely thing...

btw Miffy = Legend = The winner!

Redburn
12-03-06, 05:47
[QUOTE=nobby]Well I got the ION Cannon for ya...

Another nice screen shot of a hacked HUD :lol:

Apocalypsox
12-03-06, 06:40
Nobby...did someone on Terra get it, or was it the German person that got the other two again?

CMaster
12-03-06, 13:11
ATF (mars CA clan) uses that hacked HUD - see the logo in the top right. So in this case, it was on Mars. The previous two german aquisitions were made on Terra by Sprio from R2K however.

nobby
12-03-06, 13:16
[QUOTE=nobby]Well I got the ION Cannon for ya...

Another nice screen shot of a hacked HUD :lol:

I took it off the german forum...Not my HUD

Obsidian X
12-03-06, 18:01
Question: Do these ionic weapons have a swirly?

Redburn
12-03-06, 20:11
[QUOTE=Redburn]

I took it off the german forum...Not my HUD

I know it's not your HUD, It's just some people never learn when posting screen shots O_o

RogerRamjet
12-03-06, 21:09
Btw, it isnt a "hacked" HUD so to speak. All your HUD is is a series of image files.

And you can email Devs/Support asking for clearence for modifications to your x-hair/HUD.

And its hardly the worst thing ingame right now.