PDA

View Full Version : connection to server failed

blackbucktwo
09-03-06, 21:47
i noticed in official neocron forum announcements it says All servers will go down today at 4 PM CET (GMT+1) to apply patch #154. The estimated downtime is 1 hour.

i'm in the uk , when i started the game , it automaticaly updated to 154 , when patching was done i continued to play but i get a message , failed to connect to server . can someone tell me if server is running or is it down ,
i have tried a few times in last half hour but no joy , time is now 19:45 gmt time .

NH Chepre
09-03-06, 21:57
The server is up and running, i'm online right now.

Is this the first time you've tried to connect?, if you have any firewall software running in the backround it could be stopping you.

elGringo
09-03-06, 22:32
99% a firewall / router issue.
Disable your firewall / connect directly to the net or .. if you kow what you do, make sure to open/map the following ports:

If that didnt help .. although I am sure it will, check your updater.ini and compare/add the following entries:

SERVERIP=62.140.29.50
PORT=8020
GAMESERVERIP=62.140.29.50
HOMEURL=http://launcher.neocron.com/
ISRETAILVERSION=1
USELOCALPORT=0
LOCALPORT=21084

..if that didnt help either, post the content of your error.logs, clientliblog and init.log

blackbucktwo
09-03-06, 23:13
i checked my firewall , noticed the client.exe was blocked , i'm guessing it's got somthing todo with auto patcher because i have played this game for about a month now and only today after the patching it stopped working .

:) unblocked client.exe and game now works !!! .