PDA

View Full Version : Patch #154

Thanatos
09-03-06, 16:30
All servers will go down today at 4 PM CET (GMT+1) to apply patch #154. The estimated downtime is 1 hour.

- Terminal search function for runners and clans updated - added online/offline filter for runner search.
- Added a Runner killed by "Runnername" message.
- Empty holomatch games are now closed after a short time and can be recreated with a different number of players.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the holomatch games to fill the last player slot.
- Fixed a bug with the emote display.
- Fixed an overflow error with very high XP values.
- Fixed calculation errors for Soullight/sympathy gain on mission success.
- Tech Haven sympathy missions now always award +5 sympathy, regardless of the sympathy level for the target faction. The sympathy bonus for other missions was slightly increased.

- High level NPC's are now making more damage.
- Added area damage for Genotoxic Sluggers.

- Adjusted strength of all heal spells (Nerfed by 25%). Edit: The current issue is a result of the Heal/Hitbox issue being resolved. Which boosted the overall effect by stopping any unused heal effects caused by a full hitbox to be thrown away, it is now applied to any remaining damaged hitbox. It will be further decreased to 50% of prepatch strength.

- Fixed many small mistakes in mission texts.
- TL 100 Datacubes are now available.
- Mr. Ferguson run is now available.
- The Phoenix database is now accesible.
- Ion shotgun weapons are now available.
- Fixed the loot drops from Grim Chasers and Scary Terrormaulers.

- Fixed several terminal and StockX exploits.
- Added checks against the outpost blocking exploit.
- Added checks against the "silentres" exploit.
- Added further checks when zoning and logging in.

pabz
09-03-06, 16:34
omfg about time :)

Very nice fixes too, altho i don't see car47 ammo fix (it's impossible to get)

Dribble Joy
09-03-06, 16:41
Sex.

Adjusted all heal spells?

Specifics?

Bugs Gunny
09-03-06, 16:48
Nice patch.

Adjusted heals.... i wonder if it's up or down.
Ion shotgun heh? That must be stuff from hacknet...

Dogface
09-03-06, 16:54
Cough. *Rolls rifle PE*... :angel:

"Mr. Ferguson run is now available."

Whats this?

pabz
09-03-06, 16:56

a new male stripper

F3Speech
09-03-06, 16:59
- Added area damage for Genotoxic Sluggers.
- Added checks against the outpost blocking exploit.

Oh Yes!!! :angel:

Ryen
09-03-06, 17:01
Oh man, fuck Click2Pay, if it wasn't for them I would be in game right now.

Bugs Gunny
09-03-06, 17:02
The killed by runner message is just so people can get revenge. It totaly negates half of the sniping fun. And revenge droning.

Fero
09-03-06, 17:02
thx for Patch .... lets have em more often :)

rawr

Dribble Joy
09-03-06, 17:03
Oh man, fuck Click2Pay, if it wasn't for them I would be in game right now.
Sig worthy quote :p.

Phoenix CPU room is gonna be rammed.

cRazy-
09-03-06, 17:04
Very nice patch indeed.

Dogface
09-03-06, 17:04
The killed by runner message is just so people can get revenge. It totaly negates half of the sniping fun. And revenge droning.

Where does it display this message?

Bugs Gunny
09-03-06, 17:05
- High level NPC's are now making more damage.

BTW, does this mean neocron is now impossible to raid? Forrests of paraspamming copbots who now two shot kill you?

DARK_Overfiend
09-03-06, 17:05
ya gonna think about fixing the Ion drones, like the Mr jones one and the HEW brought ones, mind bringing a ION shotgun.

Jodo
09-03-06, 17:20
Superb patch. Take a bow!
:)

msressi
09-03-06, 17:29
Yeah, finally Chasers are fixed. Thanks
And whats a Mr Fetguson mission ? Where do u get it ? What are reqs for it ?

F3Speech
09-03-06, 17:30
Hmm, can only speak for myself but it use VERY annoying to come out of a hack dead and just think WTF.

As for negating the fun, I think it will promote it, the SH and Revenge users will have to watch their backs instead of just picking off people with no comeback.

*Gets pen and paper to start the new KOS list, lol*

Bugs Gunny
09-03-06, 17:37
I recall a time when it said "A world where danger lurks around every corner".

-Level alongside your enemies in caves
-Run around the cities without any weapons, since your killer will be gangbanged by cops and guards all over the place.
-Enemies in the city? Get your hacktools out cuz they will drop as soon as you run to a guard.
-No penalty for LE use except one less brainslot.
-Walk anywhere in the world in the line of fire with a ppu on your ass and smile at the butterflies in the distance.

I remember when going into hack was allways a bit of stress, cuz you would never know who got your belt or killed you, now the carebears have yet another means of dmspamming you for their 3 slot spell back.

|R@zor|
09-03-06, 17:38
Very nice patch indeed, but i'm wondering whats meant by heal spells adjusted?

and chasers are finally fixed, my usual hunting ground is packed with them, but they were'nt worth the time taken to kill them.

Hell-demon
09-03-06, 17:45
remove screaming horse guards tbh

Or stick a green diamond above our heads that represents mood and give us needs like comfort and hunger :wtf:

Dogface
09-03-06, 17:51
When will the server be back up?

Odin
09-03-06, 18:02

Definately happy about that one. That's one I've been wanting for a long while.

Brammers
09-03-06, 18:05
Cough. *Rolls rifle PE*... :angel:

Whats this?

Sex@The Patch! ;)

The Hacknet quest - it was in the last patch, and working. Does it have to be done again if you done it already?

Dogface
09-03-06, 18:18
Definately happy about that one. That's one I've been wanting for a long while.

What happens if you get killed by more than one player? Will the player with the max damage or the killing blow get thier name in the message?

Dribble Joy
09-03-06, 18:18
Stealth isn;t working.

Apocalypsox
09-03-06, 18:26
Omfg!!! Orgasm Ion Shotgun Weps Time To Get Me My Ion
Rifle Woot

hah..cant wait to have people getting the "Killed by Warbot Titan X" message. SH 4tw :p

Dribble Joy
09-03-06, 18:31
'You have been killed by GRIM PERSECUTOR'

:lol:

Tostino
09-03-06, 18:36
- Empty holomatch games are now closed after a short time and can be recreated with a different number of players.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the holomatch games to fill the last player slot.
OH MY GOD!!! You fianly fixed Neofrag! That just made my day, aswell as hearing that the heal spells are ajusted.

Tratos
09-03-06, 18:40
Nice to see a good mix of fixing and content addition. Time to get some Ion weapons.

Crashtec
09-03-06, 18:40
Some questions I think some new runners might be wondering as well.

-Tech Haven sympathy missions now always award +5 sympathy, regardless of the sympathy level for the target faction. The sympathy bonus for other missions was slightly increased.
What are the TH sympathy missions? Do they mean FA's missions?

What are these for?

- Mr. Ferguson run is now available.
What is this run's reward and where is he?

What is in this database?

What are the stats? Are these rare? If not where do you find them?

Hoernerice
09-03-06, 18:41
u forgot the cm sl problem.

Brammers
09-03-06, 18:44
What are these for?
What is this run's reward and where is he?
What is in this database?
What are the stats? Are these rare? If not where do you find them?

Thats what Neocron is for, you have to login and go and find out! ;)

Crashtec
09-03-06, 18:49
I would LOVE to!!!!!!!!!

Too bad I'm at work for another 5 hours. :(

I should have known I'd get a response like this to my questions. Completely Unhelpful.

Spermy
09-03-06, 18:53
How did you break stealth? It doesn't really tie in to much in the patch O_o

Seraphin[69]
09-03-06, 19:12
Let's see the troubleshoting thread... that patch came with a fucking huge amount of bugs lol

Jipz
09-03-06, 19:29
omg i love you KK :)

pabz
09-03-06, 19:31
']Let's see the troubleshoting thread... that patch came with a fucking huge amount of bugs lol
Yeh ffs. It's supposed to fix bugs. Just as I thought KK had changed...

J J
09-03-06, 19:36
As has been mentioned WHERE'S THE DAMN CAR-47 AMMO???? Still waiting... Jeez

Skusty
09-03-06, 19:41
Neat. :D

LiL T
09-03-06, 19:54
How did you break stealth? It doesn't really tie in to much in the patch O_o

They maybe broke it to see how a SPY/PE does with the greater heal damage without stealth.

Bugs Gunny
09-03-06, 20:39
Well, heal is STRONGER ?????????

Now ppus are truly immortal, no way to kill them unless you nibheal and nibshelter. I wonder about the heal sctum. GOGO blessed hybrids.....

Casting stuff is obviously bugged, and stealth doesn't work.

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE TEST PATCHES , i thought the Ceres handgun ammo patch should have taught you something.

Strife
09-03-06, 20:52
It's nice to see that KK put much thought and consideration into this patch. I mean, they must have spent quite some time testing this patch out, and weighing the effects of such big changes to mob's damage.

-FN-
09-03-06, 21:04
- A patch with bug- and exploit-fixes is currently being tested by the QA and should be ready in the near future.
This is why people quickly lose faith in KK and in Neocron's development. You actually are claiming to have tested this 'good-on-paper, bad-in-production' patch? Sorry, but if they *truly* tested this patch, you need a new QA team. But I suppose it would just lead to "these problems weren't on the test server"... well big f-ing use the test server is then, isn't it :rolleyes:

You've produced a patch that BOOSTS Heal, while everyone agrees PSI is overpowered in the game. I hope to God Dirus had nothing to do with this slick move. If he did, all hope I had for the upcoming balance is gone and we might as well piss off now.

You've broken stealth which wasn't even mentioned to be tweaked in the notes. Reload is backing to being fucked up. As if ammo-users weren't already shafted enough...

You've upped mob damage... why? Newsflash, mobs weren't underpowered, PSI BUFFS make people OVERPOWERED. I can only assume the heal boost was due to this genius change. Did anyone bother to think about the ramifications in PvP? As if Holy Heal wasn't already a "Get out of death free" ticket...

Area Effect Damage added to the ONLY MOB THAT WAS ALREADY A THREAT at Regants??? Do you guys even *play* your own game? The little mobs add contamination to slow you down... then the Sluggers can kill you in just a few hits... while crawlers don't do a damn thing. Yet you added more damage effects to the only mob of the three that did balanced damage. Nice.

Do Ion Drones work again?
Have the PE Lip & Torso bug been addressed?
Are multiple purchases still adding single lines, over-spamming chat windows?
Are the Ceres Weapons still the most useless pieces of junk?
Is the Ceres Assault Rifle usable now?

The only things I even remotely like in this patch are:

Although I have my reservations about the last one since the Ceres weapons were "new" but would be more useful as melee weapons. I guess what disgusts me most is the claim to be 'testing' something then releasing it with these obvious problems... thank god you guys don't make cars.

I'm not holding my breath for tomorrow's Hotfix.

Toilet-Duck
09-03-06, 21:09
I very much hope KK bring a hotfix pretty soon or Im guessing the population will decrease even more.l

pabz
09-03-06, 21:10
I get the feeling that they just don't think things through. Although the only coder that hangs around the forum is dirus, I think the other guys must be complete amateurs and I feel sorry for the people who can do stuff properly.

EDIT: ok i took a deep breath...and relax...just try to test these things PROPERLY before putting them ingame

Tratos
09-03-06, 21:15
Stealth and long zoning times are fixed so far. Still working on the other issues.
Have the zoning problems been fixed by simply removing the checks you added by any chance? As things which tend to slow down the server seem to be removed and forgotten - e.g. Item Tracking, we've not have official word on that matter for some time now.

If the hotfix fixes the problems introduced and some sort of reasoning is given to the mob damage and heal changes the patch will be pretty good, i just hope these arnt bandaid solutions, i'd prefer just fixes like the rest in the patch and balancing be left untill the entire system is changed in one thought out patch with Dirus at the helm.

EDIT: for those who havnt seen the change to the bug fix thread, a hotfix patch is due tommorow.

pabz
09-03-06, 21:18

If the hotfix fixes the problems introduced and some sort of reasoning is given to the mob damage and heal changes the patch will be pretty good

. I'd also like to know why the fuck they thought it was neccesary to boost PPUs and hybs even more....or is it just bugged? :mad: :mad:

over 2 months of waiting...

Slynis
09-03-06, 21:35
i cant do anything but laugh at this patch :D

#1 : Problems with reloading
#2 : Unable to recast buffs and prims when zoning and such
#3 : Unable to lvl solo anymore since all high lvl mobs kills u in 1-2 shots unless u have a ppu shoved up ur ass and i know most people dont want that
#4 : Heals upped so that hybrids and ppus can pretty much mow down anything :D
#5 : Stealth isnt working (thought it looks cool makin the blue cloud :D )
#6 : Regants closed down cos of people taking 2 much dmg. whos gonna replace the stuff the people lost in their belts cos of this bug ? and what happens when people try mc5, doy tunnels or maybe ceres labs. its turning out to be like the doy assault units that u still havent fixed.
#7 : And turrets hmm, are they like agressive furniture now that u cant get rid of and that stays with the op ? . place a few stuns at the hackterm and i promise the op will stay urs :D

im pretty sure there are more that i havent found yet, but i ask the question. is this the price we gotta pay to get some ionshotgun pistol , ionshotgun rifle and ionshotgun cannon's in the game ? . yes thats the names of em "very original " :P

-FN-
09-03-06, 21:50
Add another thing to the list of things I like.

[See attached Image]

LiL T
09-03-06, 22:05
what a crock of shit...

l8m0n
09-03-06, 23:10
nice bug fix, made more bugs! o_O

Have said for ages QT for nc sucks, people are not doing there job or cant cos its been rushed, test server :rolleyes:

BlackDove
09-03-06, 23:12
Many of us should be thankful that C2P isn't letting us play the game I guess.

Boosted heal?

One step forward, two steps back.

=/

I hope all this is fixed.

Tratos
09-03-06, 23:15
Boosted heal?

I'll nerf it further then, since all heal spells were nerfed, but the bug relating to healing done varying depending on the amount of hitboxes damaged was fixed, Heals should now do a more "constant" rate. 25% reduction just isnt enough in the TL10's case.

Wonder if the hotfix will contain this further nerf :/

Morganth
09-03-06, 23:22
- Added checks...

What a surprise..

Add another thing to the list of things I like.

[See attached Image]

Yeah, those kind of UI changes are nice, tending towards NeoLauncher

Kame
09-03-06, 23:46
This patch isnt helping make KK looks serious in the whole 're-balance' issue.

Dirus shed some light on us as this turns out to favor monks even more.

It really looks like the exploits rezzes and lock OP is what made u guys rush a pacth like that.I hope it was planned ahead but theres no way for use to really know anyways.If it wasnt and it was rushed because of said issues, then, thats sad ppl have to come up with exploits to make KK react on anything regarding game mechanics.

Stuff said fixed isnt even being fixed by the patch i.e. exploit rezzes.
Wich also contribute make you guys look like you dont back up was you claim.

Add to that the fact that yrs old bugs arnt being worked on, and it makes you look like you totally disregard everything everyone has been posting on the forums.(email spam is one of v good example of small things that we had to bear forever and that never gets given any attention.

The icing on the cake is the new fix actually breaking things that worked i.e. reload.This makes you look like complete noobs.

Hope you guys can come up with a fix for tomorrow.

pabz
09-03-06, 23:49
This is why people quickly lose faith in KK and in Neocron's development. You actually are claiming to have tested this 'good-on-paper, bad-in-production' patch? Sorry, but if they *truly* tested this patch, you need a new QA team. But I suppose it would just lead to "these problems weren't on the test server"... well big f-ing use the test server is then, isn't it :rolleyes:

You've produced a patch that BOOSTS Heal, while everyone agrees PSI is overpowered in the game. I hope to God Dirus had nothing to do with this slick move. If he did, all hope I had for the upcoming balance is gone and we might as well piss off now.

You've broken stealth which wasn't even mentioned to be tweaked in the notes. Reload is backing to being fucked up. As if ammo-users weren't already shafted enough...

You've upped mob damage... why? Newsflash, mobs weren't underpowered, PSI BUFFS make people OVERPOWERED. I can only assume the heal boost was due to this genius change. Did anyone bother to think about the ramifications in PvP? As if Holy Heal wasn't already a "Get out of death free" ticket...

Area Effect Damage added to the ONLY MOB THAT WAS ALREADY A THREAT at Regants??? Do you guys even *play* your own game? The little mobs add contamination to slow you down... then the Sluggers can kill you in just a few hits... while crawlers don't do a damn thing. Yet you added more damage effects to the only mob of the three that did balanced damage. Nice.

Although I have my reservations about the last one since the Ceres weapons were "new" but would be more useful as melee weapons. I guess what disgusts me most is the claim to be 'testing' something then releasing it with these obvious problems... thank god you guys don't make cars.

We always seem to be holding our breath. I'd like to point out that NC will never ever get anywhere if KK keep making patches like this. I had my hopes really high that KK would finally release a good solid patch, and before they do anything else, they need to sort out the problems that a) this patch has tried to fix b) the patch has created. Hopefully with better quality than #154 :rolleyes:

Kame
10-03-06, 00:02
I really think the only reason we have a patch is exploits being done right and left with rezzes even sometimes in accident because the game mechanics are bugged.

The kill message only adds to the counterstrike genre you guys seem to be going after.This makes sniping/droning totally pointless in any RP sense of the class.Killing ppl without them ever knowing it was you was one of the best things around in the game.

NO ONE WANTED A KILL MESSAGE LIKE THAT

Extremer
10-03-06, 00:07
I'll bet you all, that what dirus and the other coders have to work with, is a HUGE mess, kinda like a Coders Nightmare.. Imagine making a building, and removing some of the essential pillars of the construction, then give it a push to make it even more unstable, and then give it a nice color coating, polish it and sell it off as new! KK. had a bad base to start off with, launching a game way ahead of schedule... and now they are trying to get this unstable construction to keep standing by plastering it with all kinds of shit

Hint: If its Going down no matter what, better to build a new. :cool:

-FN-
10-03-06, 01:34
- Fixed calculation errors for Soullight/sympathy gain on mission success.
So doing a Hard Aggy Captain mission, which lists itself as a "5 Point" missions - now gives me 5 Sympathy with my faction.

First of all, instead of the column name being "Mission pts", why not call it Sympathy Reward, just like the "Money Reward" Column next to it.

Second of all - getting back to 90 Sympathy is MAD easy now. Hooray for promoting ally pking! Thanks KK.

Scaramanga
10-03-06, 03:07
Yay, a patch!!

Can't wait to get in game later today and have a go with an ion shotgun.

Dribble Joy
10-03-06, 04:33
Why is the test server different to retail?

Terayon
10-03-06, 04:38
Adjusted strength of all heal spells (Nerfed by 25%). Edit: The current issue is a result of the Heal/Hitbox issue being resolved. Which boosted the overall effect by stopping any unused heal effects caused by a full hitbox to be thrown away, it is now applied to any remaining damaged hitbox. It will be further decreased to 50% of prepatch strength.

I knew it! Once these issues are resolved i think we can call this patch awesome. Only thing i dont like is the buffing of the mobs. I can see some guys being raised but all of them seems silly.

Seriously that heal change made my day.

Dirus
10-03-06, 07:55
I'll bet you all, that what dirus and the other coders have to work with, is a HUGE mess, kinda like a Coders Nightmare.. Imagine making a building, and removing some of the essential pillars of the construction, then give it a push to make it even more unstable, and then give it a nice color coating, polish it and sell it off as new! KK. had a bad base to start off with, launching a game way ahead of schedule... and now they are trying to get this unstable construction to keep standing by plastering it with all kinds of shit

Hint: If its Going down no matter what, better to build a new. :cool:

Yes and no. Look at the issue with the heals post-patch for example. Heals were not so much boosted, as they were fixed. The old issue of heals being weak with only one hitbox damaged and at their strongest with all 3 damages does not apply anymore. The heal that was to be applied to a hitbox that is now full is no longer discarded, it's applied to the remaining damaged hitboxes.

The overall health amount healed across all ticks has been decreased. What you're mainly seeing now is the effects other issues have always had on the balance of the game, but were hidden from plain sight by the issue with heals. This is where comments like "why are you planning on changing such and such, it's not broken, just fix this and leave it" come from when I start discussing areas we're planning on working on. They are broken, and always have been. The heal issue being solved is one of the major steps needed in the fight dealing with the effects of PPU's in combat.

The current strength of the heals is being reviewed atm as well as any possible changes to their strengths to be included in the next patch.

Tratos
10-03-06, 10:07
It is nice to see one of the ancients fixed now that we've been told what was done to heals in more detail, thanks for that Dirus :) Will this bug also have any effect on the bug which allows players with very little health to hang on for longer in battles or is that connected to another calculation?

Also by the next patch do you refer to today's hotfix or the next full patch?

Dirus
10-03-06, 10:48
It is nice to see one of the ancients fixed now that we've been told what was done to heals in more detail, thanks for that Dirus :) Will this bug also have any effect on the bug which allows players with very little health to hang on for longer in battles or is that connected to another calculation?

Also by the next patch do you refer to today's hotfix or the next full patch?

No the bug related to players hanging on is related to the seperate hitboxes effect on weapons damages. That issue has not been corrected yet..

As for being included in the hotfix or not, I can't say for sure atm. Since I need info on a few other changes from the office first.

Dogface
10-03-06, 11:11

Yeah, why is that?

Dirus
10-03-06, 11:40

Yeah, why is that?

In most cases where a difference between test and retail the cause is by a change made on test only that isnt ready for retail. At times these types of changes can have an unforeseen impact on other areas.

SizZLeR
10-03-06, 15:28

I agree to a lot of your statements here, yet i think we shd take into consideration that nothing can be made perfect all the way, like u say "Thank god u guys dont make cars", well for instance mercedes does and i believe that they made one around late 90's called 110 or something, that car was sent into the market and sold, even though it tipped over on regular maneuvers where u have to avoid driving into something and make a double turn.... so i guess mercedes is totally disqualified in that regard?

Regarding the balance between heals, dmg and so on, i agree that parts of the game, like the ppus being pretty imortal sux, like for instance the grim chasers which now takes my tank down from 570 hlt to ~240 by firing one round at me, and thats with inq3 armor and titan vest.

The same with electric shock, after the patch i could hardly move when i had elec shock, before the patch it slowed me down to approx half my normal speed, but now its like i get down to 1/8 of my normal speed, which i think is way too much, even though ive got 60 resist energy...

So to me it seems like basically its like the balance goes haywire when we hit the peaks, like a almost or capped ppu is immortal, a mob like the grim chaser lvl 120 does too much dmg, as it were before the patch i think was ok as it gave u a descent change against it when u r on ur own, now its like if ur a tank and use the tl3 heal, u can get to fire maybe 5-10 rounds at the grim, then ur hlt is down and it takes like forever to heal up again by yourself.

That ofcourse forces ppl to get together and form teams, but personally, i think its hard to find players to team with most of the time, making the game rather boring when u r alone...?

If i go hunt chasers alone, its likely that someone else comes by in the middle of my "project" and kills the chaser from me, maybe with a more powerfull wep and then he gets the loot ofcourse, in a way its fair, but its freakinly annoying when u have spent a lot of time on dmging the chaser and then some else gets the loot...

I think the patch does a lot of good things, but the balance part, well in some areas i think its ok and others i think its no good...

angakok
10-03-06, 15:39
In most cases where a difference between test and retail the cause is by a change made on test only that isnt ready for retail. At times these types of changes can have an unforeseen impact on other areas.
This is what we call a dev server in our company. u dont have a test server. a testserver is a excat duplicate of the production server. plain and simple.

calim
10-03-06, 15:59
This is what we call a dev server in our company. u dont have a test server. a testserver is a excat duplicate of the production server. plain and simple.

In theory, yes but we have to stay realist. We both know that in reality, most of the time this in not "exact duplicate" :)

Bugs Gunny
10-03-06, 16:04
And while you're at it, patch the neofrag server too.

calim
10-03-06, 16:22
And while you're at it, patch the neofrag server too.

You mean Neptune ? :angel:

F3Speech
10-03-06, 16:29
In theory, yes but we have to stay realist. We both know that in reality, most of the time this in not "exact duplicate" :)
TBH I'm not sure why the patch isnt rolled out on a test server (and a public test server for that matter, theres only so much a dev can test in a provided time why not open it up) first if its coded on a dev server which dosnt mirror the retail, its not a big job to mirror a server/database etc.

Isnt it like a verson or microsoft word coming out with major bugs in it and bill gates saying well sorry ppl but our developers use Macs?

Im sure we must be missing some of the facts since I cant see anyone doing the above with no quality control etc.

/signed confused

calim
10-03-06, 16:50
TBH I'm not sure why the patch isnt rolled out on a test server (and a public test server for that matter, theres only so much a dev can test in a provided time why not open it up) first if its coded on a dev server which dosnt mirror the retail, its not a big job to mirror a server/database etc.

Isnt it like a verson or microsoft word coming out with major bugs in it and bill gates saying well sorry ppl but our developers use Macs?

Im sure we must be missing some of the facts since I cant see anyone doing the above with no quality control etc.

/signed confused

Yes, it should be tested by a (huge!) selection of players. Less is the number of testers, higher is the chance that some bugs stay undiscovered.

I think of it with three servers,
test (KK) > pre-prod(KK+players = official test server) > prod (official game server).

With a solid way to replicate application data from test to preprod and prod.

In fact, it means it should be more tested before released. If it's tested by KK's team (like now?) , it means more time for us to wait for a patch and higher chance to get bugs in production version; so it means a lot more communication between players and KK, and so, more time on communication mean less time to invest in working in bugs ....

It's easy to speak like that (like me) from an outsider point of view ^^