PDA

View Full Version : Neocron offline?

Pantho
09-03-06, 13:28
My Launcher wont connect? Any1 else having problems, or do i throw my PC at the wall again

CMaster
09-03-06, 13:32
Its fine. Restart the launcher (I have to do this about 1 in 10 launcher starts) and if that doesn't help, you may well need to replace your updater.ini - a quick search on the forums should give you the correct text.

pabz
09-03-06, 13:32
throw it at a wall, film it, and put it on ebaums world

Pantho
09-03-06, 13:33
yea, i can hope it works after i throw it at the wall, to upload it :)

also Ebaums world, is a leaching website imo

Pantho
09-03-06, 13:39
Well not the config, hmmm imight re-install nc,

Edit/ - replacing the launcher.exe didnt work either, weeeeee file check didnt work? Re-install ftw

elGringo
09-03-06, 13:51
check your logs for an indication as to what type of problem you encountered there.. chances are its not the client thats borked.

Pantho
09-03-06, 14:00
ah well, i ve already deleted the actuall files so :(, but anyways the only thing i changed last night are some services in MSCONFIG, and wth in there can stop neocron working,

FOR F's SAKE, Still wont work,

pabz
09-03-06, 14:03
also Ebaums world, is a leaching website imo you mean in other people's opinion, and your just going with the flow. Not that i particularly like ebaums world either with all the annoying pop ups

Pantho
09-03-06, 14:09
mmk, Back to topic,

My launcher isnt even trying to connect i dont think, because even when oits been offline in the futur, its take a min to load because its trying to get a reply from the login server... But as soon as i click the launcher button i get the page can not be displayed -

Ive try'd without my firewall on, and even re-activated the services, that i had turned off, but still nothing

also those services where - Some sony crap - Outpost Firewall - Deamon Tools - Java runtime Env -

/edit - Ok well i went in msconfig, click enble all, on services and start up, good to say it took 4 minutes instead of 40 seconds for my PC to load, but neocron works now, so time to test which and why any effect neocron

l8m0n
09-03-06, 17:17
i know its silly but windows firewall? if you have disabled pop ups from it, it will block nc check what programs are on its trusted list, if all else fails backup the patches and delete the game and try a fresh re-install ;)

Bugs Gunny
09-03-06, 17:52
I'll bet he disabled some networking service in msconfig :-)

Pantho
10-03-06, 01:26
Im not that Retarded tbh, lol

All other games and internet traffic was working tho