PDA

View Full Version : This Tangent Runner requires help. Loyal citizens of Neocron.

cRazy-
08-03-06, 21:14
http://www.drinkstuff.com/productimg/6119.jpg

I bought this Beer Hat last week after I saw its use on the Simpsons.

However theres a problem, I put beer in, put the tube in, but whenever I use it theres some sort of law of physics involved so when beer comes out of the tube, it keeps coming out until eventually the entire can is empty :(

Does anyone have any idea to solve this dilemma?!

Paper Dragon
08-03-06, 21:17
Put tube in mouth.

Problem solved.

-FN-
08-03-06, 21:18
I think that's how it's supposed to work ;)

To be able to sip tho, you'd need the cans to be lower than your mouth or some sort of regulator or flow valve.

cRazy-
08-03-06, 21:21
Yeah if I put it in my mouth I would have to drink the entire can within the 15 seconds it takes to empty, I wish to enjoy the hat :(

Hold on ive had some suggestions to solve it i'll try them.

Tratos
08-03-06, 21:26
Well, i think we're going to have a rather sloshed Crazy if he drinks an entire can in 15 seconds after suggestions fail. To stop the flow just block the tube with your tounge :p lol or just gently and slowly blow back up the tube hopefully it wont go everywhere although it'll take effort.

cRazy-
08-03-06, 21:30
Thats whats been suggested by Darken 10 minutes ago, and im glad to say blowing the liquid part way back up the tube does work \o/

Although its a pain in the ass, much easier to just drink the can directly tbh.

-FN-
08-03-06, 21:37
FN Suggestion #2:

Return that. Get this:

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/656038/2/istockphoto_656038_iv_bag_and_pole.jpg

Dribble Joy
08-03-06, 21:39
You could just put your tongue over the end of the tube.

The reason it's coming out is that the ends of the tubes are at different heights. Once the tubes are full of fluid, there is a potential energy idfference or as we engineers say, a head gain. As water is 'incompressable', fluid flowing out of the tube draws fresh fliud from the can. Same pribciple as syphoning petrol from a car.

What you need is pressure valves, ones that the pressure of the fluid weight won't open, but additional suction via the user will.

(note that there's no such thing as suction though, only absolute pressure differential)

Heavyporker
08-03-06, 21:42
The purpose of that hat is:

1) have two cans of beer handy.

2) your hands do not go numb from holding ice-cold beer.

3) you get the 'coolness' factor.

4) someone doesn't put roofies into your beer.

cRazy-
08-03-06, 21:52
YES!

I have solved it for the most part.

Theres a clip on the pipe, I think its used to completely clamp shut the pipe so the beer stops coming out, but ive partially clamped it so beer still comes out but slower.

Now I can have some of it, and with a short and simple blow back into the pipe the beer stops coming out.

This is a fine day.

Skusty
08-03-06, 21:55
Create Vacum in ya mouth and it wont drip in.

Bredahl
09-03-06, 00:15
Best way is just to empty the beer, then put a new in, empty that, put a new in, empty that, put a new in... well you get the idea ;)

n3m
09-03-06, 00:23
Suck and blow ;)

Kame
09-03-06, 02:02
i used to use the old method :

make a small hole at the bottom of can with a pin, turn it around, and then open it oven my mouth..... hahahaha 3 seconds beer !!!!

That or the beer bong, drinking a forty out of it is the shit ; )

HeavyLoad
09-03-06, 20:05
You're too young for beer anyone cRazy :P

cRazy-
09-03-06, 20:11
Im 23 ¬_¬

HeavyLoad
09-03-06, 20:12
O Rly?

RogerRamjet
09-03-06, 20:24
Fucking hell its heavyload.

cRazy-
09-03-06, 20:25
Yeah what are you doing back HL? its been a while.