PDA

View Full Version : Min/max dmg

pabz
08-03-06, 13:08
Just an idea to help the noobies in PvP: Introduce a maximum amount of dmg that each weapons can do to any player. Obviously it shouldn't be too low, or it would remove the fun of making con setups. There should also be a minimum amount of dmg that a gun can do to a player, at around 10-20. Obviously it won't make a HUGE difference, but perhaps packs of noobs could start hunting pkers and help them resist the temptation of being LEed.

FuzzyDuck
08-03-06, 15:16
nope, terrible idea. The PPUs will just go running around with uzis and baseball bats again.

pabz
08-03-06, 16:30
then nerf the ppus?

Paper Dragon
08-03-06, 16:38
then nerf the ppus?

Or maybe wait until Lupus has sorted his balancing ideas before introducing any more band-aids to the guy wearing a full-body cast?

pabz
08-03-06, 17:12
Or maybe wait until Lupus has sorted his balancing ideas before introducing any more band-aids to the guy wearing a full-body cast?
what is bandaid about it?

Bugs Gunny
08-03-06, 17:14
nerfing is bandaid, total removal of ppus is a real sollution :angel:

slith
08-03-06, 17:16
But then we have to adjust mobdamage... You know how much work that is? :lol:

pabz
08-03-06, 17:18
But then we have to adjust mobdamage... You know how much work that is? :lol:
why would you have to do that?

Bugs Gunny
08-03-06, 17:19
Yeah, like how many 100+ mobs are there ingame?

There's pokers, there's TACTICS to level and do dungeons.
With ppus people just take a tank or apu into a place, stand in the line of fire and just click. That's everywhere except mc5 or doy tunnels, but KK went totaly crazy on those DUE to ppus.

pabz
08-03-06, 17:21
They've alrdy proven that they can make dmg rules unique to players with the player steel skin

Bugs Gunny
08-03-06, 17:27
Steelskin makes players overpowered against the mobs, give mutants a fair chance ffs.....

SorkZmok
08-03-06, 17:45
Steelskin makes players overpowered against the mobs, give mutants a fair chance ffs.....
Haha, someone should make a "Mutant right" ppu clan and buff all those poor mutants in the leveling spots and demonstrate for their rights. That'd be funny.

Bugs Gunny
08-03-06, 17:47
You DO know that that pure roleplay clan would be called "griefers" :-)

pabz
08-03-06, 17:47
Paper dragon, who is your char ingame?

FarSight
08-03-06, 17:50
Yeah, like how many 100+ mobs are there ingame?

There's pokers, there's TACTICS to level and do dungeons.
With ppus people just take a tank or apu into a place, stand in the line of fire and just click. That's everywhere except mc5 or doy tunnels, but KK went totaly crazy on those DUE to ppus.

Agreed ... only doy tunnels lvl3 (bcuz bugged assault mkII) and mc5 are places that i definetly cant solo on my tankeh (never tried solo on tank: regants, crystal cave, worm tunnel with that mob droping soulblade, so dunno if its doable), i can (and i done) solo DoY tunnels lvl2 or NCPD mini ppr quest for eg....

Paper Dragon
08-03-06, 17:58
Paper dragon, who is your char ingame?

That's for me to know and for you to lose sleep over at night. ;)

Imposing artificial restrictions onto how much damage a weapon can do isn't solving any of Neocron's problems. The issue resolves around PPUs, not weaponry (Although, yes, there are a few weapons that are pretty unbalanced, PPUs or no).

LiL T
08-03-06, 19:30

Imposing artificial restrictions onto how much damage a weapon can do isn't solving any of Neocron's problems. The issue resolves around PPUs, not weaponry (Although, yes, there are a few weapons that are pretty unbalanced, PPUs or no).

Oh we are just dieing to know who your ingame character is :rolleyes:

pabz
08-03-06, 19:48

Imposing artificial restrictions onto how much damage a weapon can do isn't solving any of Neocron's problems. The issue resolves around PPUs, not weaponry (Although, yes, there are a few weapons that are pretty unbalanced, PPUs or no). No, it solves the problem of noobs having to shoot someone 500 times with a pistol to kill them. Personally, it would take 1-2 bullets to kill me.

There's also no reason to hide who your in-game chars are, unless your embarrassed about your in-game conduct

Paper Dragon
08-03-06, 19:51
No, it solves the problem of noobs having to shoot someone 500 times with a pistol to kill them. Personally, it would take 1-2 bullets to kill me.

Then you'd have high level people whining that it was almost pointless to level.

It is a band-aid solution. It doesn't solve any of the games' underlying problems, and just acts as a PvP nerf.

There's also no reason to hide who your in-game chars are, unless your embarrassed about your in-game conduct

Unlike people such as yourself and Lil T, I feel no need to inflate my ego already more than it has been by crossing the forum/game line. People who know me in-game, know me in-game, the people who don't, don't.

pabz
08-03-06, 19:54
I'd just like to know if I'm arguing with some LEed guy about PvP.

Paper Dragon
08-03-06, 19:56
I'd just like to know if I'm arguing with some LEed guy about PvP.

I don't need to have my LE in to realise how silly an idea is.

pabz
08-03-06, 20:00
I don't need to have my LE in to realise how silly an idea is.
what's wrong with lower level players being able to pvp?

Paper Dragon
08-03-06, 20:04
what's wrong with lower level players being able to pvp?

Nothing.

Which is exactly why they can PvP amongst themselves. Why should they be able to easily bring down someone who's capped and wearing Power Armour?

pabz
08-03-06, 20:06
Nothing.

Which is exactly why they can PvP amongst themselves. Why should they be able to easily bring down someone who's capped and wearing Power Armour?
Why shouldn't they be able to kill someone with power armor?

There's not enough people in this game for someone to pvp with other people at their level

Paper Dragon
08-03-06, 20:09
Why shouldn't they be able to kill someone with power armor?

Because of a massive level difference?

If people with TL-23 guns can easily people in Power Armour - AFKness aside - then something's very, very wrong.

There's not enough people in this game for someone to pvp with other people at their level

Further proving your idea is a band-aid, not a solution.

When the population has increased substantially, then there's going to be people to fight against.

pabz
08-03-06, 20:15
Then a high level comes a long and ganks you...

Why does the level difference have to matter so much?

Paper Dragon
08-03-06, 20:20
Then a high level comes a long and ganks you...

Why does the level difference have to matter so much?

Because you're negating the work people have put into characters. Huge level differences shouldn't be negated just so a group of newbies can "help" kill a PK.

Low level characters are disposable. With your idea we'll have groups of expendable lowbies running round, to gank people of the same faction. There'll be nothing of value on those characters, so the "loss" - if any - is minimal. Meanwhile if the defender fights back, he loses a great deal of SL and stands to lose valuable items.

Given some of the shitty tactics the NC community has done in the past, this isn't far from what the reality would be.

pabz
08-03-06, 20:49
Meanwhile if the defender fights back, he loses a great deal of SL and stands to lose valuable items.

I agree, the sl system is shit ^^

Anyway, leveling to get god mode against people with less time to play is stupid.

Heavyporker
08-03-06, 21:48
You know, it would be truly spectacular if NPCs and Mutants got steelskin, or at least, ironskin.

Elevates them above mere mobs, you know.

Genji
09-03-06, 04:00
I haven't played in quite some time due to alot of ppl I play with pretty much quiting..again..for like the 3rd time. lol

What are you referring to as steelskin? I dont remember anything about it, is it something new?

Tell me damn it!

imper1um
09-03-06, 09:05
Lupus, I forgot about that dude, hows he doin now?

Rob01m
09-03-06, 09:46
Lupus, I forgot about that dude, hows he doin now?

He's very active... now known as Dirus.

Rob01m
09-03-06, 09:48
I haven't played in quite some time due to alot of ppl I play with pretty much quiting..again..for like the 3rd time. lol

What are you referring to as steelskin? I dont remember anything about it, is it something new?

Tell me damn it!

"Steelskin" is an inherant bonus in resists that all player characters have. It only matters when comparing PC vs NPC.

pabz
09-03-06, 13:02
You know, it would be truly spectacular if NPCs and Mutants got steelskin, or at least, ironskin.

Elevates them above mere mobs, you know. I could have sworn that the regants mobs have some sort of annoying steel skin.