PDA

View Full Version : Huge suggestion for Neocron

Heavyporker
07-03-06, 18:36
How about you make the official forums (this) and the ingame forums (Citycoms/Wireless R.N Stations) the same?

This could be HUGE for Neocron.

Think about it - the economy could improve immeasurably, now that people can keep in touch for possible deals and better auctions on the trading forums. Communications can only improve, especially for clans.

Paper Dragon
07-03-06, 18:42
...then watch as the already crappy CityCom system implodes in on itself, taking the entire Internet with it. :p

Bishop Yutani
07-03-06, 18:42
awesome idea.
/signed

onero S
07-03-06, 18:43
...then watch as the already crappy CityCom system implodes in on itself, taking the entire Internet with it. :p

rofl qft

Tratos
07-03-06, 19:06
Extremely hard to do probably.

What would be cool is scrapping the in-game forums and have the city com forum section open a web browser type affair with the forum in it like you could with NLPro.

Unless thats what you mean.

nobby
07-03-06, 19:26
great idea

Dribble Joy
07-03-06, 19:33
It would butt fuck the allready high server bandwidth, unless the client simply allowed you to browse the forums from in the game, not going via the game servers.

Besdes the OOG forums aren't RP, where the ingame ones are part of the |NC world.

Nixon
07-03-06, 19:53
Adding more stuff to the that mess without sorting the current problems probably wouldn't be a good idea :)

Obsidian X
07-03-06, 19:54
Good idea in theory, but too difficult in practice. The CityCom has enough problems loading the ingame forums as it is. :wtf:

Heavyporker
07-03-06, 21:11
well, you'd have to overhaul both systems, in order to synch them up properly. and why would ingame forums be such a load to display?

Didn't NLPRO have a nice way to let someone inside the Neocron client to use the web, aka html? So if you did the citycom things in html/ web formats, that would mean it'd be much less prone to fucking up, AND make it accessible to people not inside Neocron (logged on, I mean)?

Dribble Joy
07-03-06, 22:04
I just think that the game world and the real world should remain indepandant of one another.

Paper Dragon
07-03-06, 22:20
I just think that the game world and the real world should remain indepandant of one another.

Admirable sentiments....just a shame nobody abides by them.

Come on Dribble, you've seen how people here will run to the forum and kick off flame threads because someone's brother's sister's father's mother's uncle's cat might have possibly alluded to once saying something slightly negative about another.

pabz
08-03-06, 13:54
Forums are for when you're bored at work/school, the game is for pvp :D

calim
08-03-06, 14:55
Forums are for when you're bored at work/school, the game is for pvp :D

Are you saying neocron is a pure PVP game ?
Sorry, that kind of generality quote just irritate me :o

Bugs Gunny
08-03-06, 15:32
No way!

Neocron is also for griefing.

Real life is for roleplay, or would you rather have us grief and pk irl ?

Dribble Joy
08-03-06, 15:38
Admirable sentiments....just a shame nobody abides by them.

Come on Dribble, you've seen how people here will run to the forum and kick off flame threads because someone's brother's sister's father's mother's uncle's cat might have possibly alluded to once saying something slightly negative about another.
What I mean really is that the existance of the real world should not manifest in the game world, the other way round is OK.

Dogface
08-03-06, 15:55
Sorry, that kind of generality quote just irritate me :o

Thats (I'm guessing from the statement) is what he uses the game for, thats why he plays the game etc.

I use what my college course offers to prepare myself before I sign my life away in a year or two. That's not it's primary purpose, but that's one way of utilising it.

There's more than one way of looking at something ;)

netster
08-03-06, 16:26
Real life is for roleplay, or would you rather have us grief and pk irl ?
Reminds me of
google(World of Offline Gaming);

pabz
08-03-06, 20:04
Sorry, that kind of generality quote just irritate me :o Just to steal gunnar's saying here, stop playing the game like it's the Sims :p

Scaramanga
09-03-06, 15:32
I think it'd be nice to have the ingame forums viewable from OOG but not so you could contribute to them.

calim
09-03-06, 15:36
Just to steal gunnar's saying here, stop playing the game like it's the Sims :p

Sorry in advance for this OT post : You speak about an extrem, not me.
The fact is Neocron is not a pure PvP game and have many other interests. Else i wouldn't be there to say that.