PDA

View Full Version : How about a new event...

nobby
06-03-06, 19:12
I'm thinking of starting a new event...

called "Past of neocron"
where GM's will spawn old psi spells and you could see the "Oldern" items that you don't see today like an old museum.

Players could try them out and so on...

Gm's could also hold the event in Neofrag so the items can't be taken away...

What do you think?

cRazy-
06-03-06, 19:15
Could be good but for old Neocron1 players (the majority) it would be kinda boring.

Plus Id be surprised if GMs could or would hold this kind of event.

Brammers
06-03-06, 19:21
Nice idea, which will only work if the GM's can spawn the old spells.

Anyway, there isn't that many old spells that are gone. In fact I can only think of 2-3 PPU spells that have gone from the game, can't think of any APU spells.

Obsidian X
06-03-06, 20:05

called "Past of neocron"
where GM's will spawn old psi spells and you could see the "Oldern" items that you don't see today like an old museum.

Gm's could also hold the event in Neofrag so the items can't be taken away...

What do you think?

I think it would be more a case of would as opposed to could. And as Brammers already said, theres only a couple of spells that have been removed from the game (rare sanctums). Most other "old" items still exist, but have been changed (i.e reqs, TLs and damage).

/edit: Unless you're talking about really old spells like the PSI light and earthquake spells... O_o

Jipz
06-03-06, 20:30
yeah an event why not since nc is fucking boring :mad:

nobby
06-03-06, 20:30
I'd like to see them too...

Dirus
06-03-06, 22:33
Most of the items like the old "Earthquake" spell no longer exist. They'd all have to be recreated again, providing the necessary code/resources behind them still exists. i.e. theres no way to bring back the old HUD since those who installed the game with the newest client don't have the files at all.

FarSight
06-03-06, 23:24

called "Past of neocron"
where GM's will spawn old psi spells .....

bah Exotic Psi Use exist only in Help :lol: so no trying :(

Brammers
06-03-06, 23:26
What did the old spells do?

Jipz
06-03-06, 23:26
and what about an event with larents drop?

FarSight
06-03-06, 23:29
What did the old spells do?

Dunno ... i started @ nc1 b4 and monks werent popular those days (until Insidious Wolf made his monk and started to razbo)

Plight
07-03-06, 01:17
Psi Earthquake - never worked

Meteor Shower - never worked

Psi light - who could forget psi light? its like a stackable flashlight effect centered on the caster, could light up all of plaza 1 ^^

Character Scan - Never worked

Psi float - Never worked

stun beam (para) - that was always fun way to mess with people. If there was a group of people and you cast it in the middle, it would create a ripple effect, throwing everyone about 50 yards away, hehe.

Those are the only ones i can really remember right now. I know theres a bunch that actually worked that were taken out, just cant think, lol

Brammers
07-03-06, 03:43
Psi light - who could forget psi light? its like a stackable flashlight effect centered on the caster, could light up all of plaza 1 ^^

LOL that has to be *one* spell that has to be brought back!

unreal
07-03-06, 03:51
Damn, psi light would be top notch to see, but pretty annoying if you're trying to be the kind of stealthy person. Perhaps there could be both a psi light and un-light sort of spell. Hopefully both usable for all classes.

Heavyporker
07-03-06, 04:23

Psi float - Never worked

stun beam (para) - that was always fun way to mess with people. If there was a group of people and you cast it in the middle, it would create a ripple effect, throwing everyone about 50 yards away, hehe.

Those are the only ones i can really remember right now. I know theres a bunch that actually worked that were taken out, just cant think, lol

#1, I fucking want to see! Like a Telekinesis barrel... *drool*

#2, fuck that. I don't want Diabolo II sorceress spells for my psionic.

#3, Hells, yes! I want this.

#4, Character Scan isn't needed since you can SEE their name, faction, and Soulight range simply by LOOKING AT THEM! Now if character hitbox didn't give that info, Character Scanning psi modules and tools would become necessary! I LOVE THE IDEA!

#5. Motherfuckers, I want this.

#6 sounds like #1.

Obsidian X
07-03-06, 05:24

Psi float - Never worked

Heh all these were waaaaaaaaaaaaay before my time, but from what I heard last time this discussion came up was that PSI light was removed because it used to lag the server into last week. Also I remember hearing the earthquake did nothing but shake other peoples screens and annoy the hell out of people. Some of the others were also aparantly removed because they were just bugged or unbalanced PvP something rotten. Anyone else from this time know anything about the forgotten PSI modules...?

/edit: I also heard the character scan module was for checking Soullight or something...

elGringo
07-03-06, 11:31
http://mirrors.akedo.de/psi.gif

CMaster
07-03-06, 13:38
#2, fuck that. I don't want Diabolo II sorceress spells for my psionic.

A bit larte. You've already got T-bolt, fireball, flame area etc... why not have more wizardly stuff.

Heavyporker
07-03-06, 21:18
Ok, so KK didn't quite name things according to psionic tradition. Can you let up on the PSI Monks = Wizards, already?!

FFS.

XaNToR
07-03-06, 23:43
i think the meteor shower was tried once by a gm as it was psi amp 2.... as far as i know.. the server crashed and the spell was patched out o_O

cant tell about the rest...

Tratos
08-03-06, 00:05
i think the meteor shower was tried once by a gm as it was psi amp 2.... as far as i know.. the server crashed and the spell was patched out o_O

Best. Spell. Ever. :p

Some of the old spells sound really cool but there is a point that some psi spells do sound wizardy.

By any chance was "character scan" a way of revealing peoples level and faction? as that would be cool if there was a tech alternative for spies etc.

nobby
08-03-06, 13:22
Also an Event to win Mines would be good...

pabz
08-03-06, 13:47
spells are boring these days :(

I remember reading about spells on the website, or in the manual, and that's why i made my first char an APU. Made they should nerf monks defence/offence and give them some really kewl stuff instead

Bugs Gunny
08-03-06, 14:26
give them some really kewl stuff instead

MAGIC WANDS FTW !!!!

CMaster
08-03-06, 14:27
spells are boring these days :(

I remember reading about spells on the website, or in the manual, and that's why i made my first char an APU. Made they should nerf monks defence/offence and give them some really kewl stuff instead

Its an interesting idea actually - make monks less the key damage sponges/dealers and make them more a support class... - but then why should only one class NEED other people to work with...

RogerRamjet
08-03-06, 14:27

LOL, you sure that wasnt just uranus crashing, as was its wont.

pabz
08-03-06, 14:28
MAGIC WANDS FTW !!!! whats the point in having wizards without wands?

Bugs Gunny
08-03-06, 14:35
You allways make me look stupid today o_O

nobby
09-03-06, 15:28
Comon Gm's

Let us play with the old shizzle we once saw...

I never got to taste mines :(

n3m
09-03-06, 16:24
http://mirrors.akedo.de/psi.gif

aha I remember the 3rd, Raindance :lol:

mined by Xantor ;):
http://home.arcor.de/abc_mystic/mine1.jpg
http://home.arcor.de/abc_mystic/mine2.jpg
http://home.arcor.de/abc_mystic/mine3.jpg

nobby
09-03-06, 20:30
Comeon GM's BRING THE MINES BACK!

It would make the game 100% more fun !

Lodar
09-03-06, 20:35
Comeon GM's BRING THE MINES BACK!

It would make the game 100% more fun !

Surely you can understand why they were removed in the first place - noone would appreciate these things for long once they're at every GR and every OP UG. ;)

XaNToR
09-03-06, 21:41
Surely you can understand why they were removed in the first place - noone would appreciate these things for long once they're at every GR and every OP UG. ;)

na they dont hurt... just 8 dmg or something.. when ive built this masterpiece... one single tank could run through the whole pp1 eventhough it was full of mines and all the mines were gone and he had still 300 hp left :/

jini
15-03-06, 17:32
aaaah the mines.... that was a nice thing. I have completely forgotten about these :) yea bring them back, maybe we can restrict them in a certain limited number in an OP, but these were fun with their laser triggers

Bugs Gunny
15-03-06, 17:39
Yeah, put in a rare landmine too, call it "the cambodean kneecapper".

Hell-demon
15-03-06, 17:42
name it: THE DOOR MAT :p

Apocalypsox
15-03-06, 17:59
make em take const to place...give the consters a little defence =D imagine walking into a consters app- going to explore a little and walking into 40 lasermines he set up to defend a cabby :lol:

Toxen
16-03-06, 04:25
As you all seem in the mindset of ressurecting nc past, lets throw in a idea to could make the meteor shower psi viable, basicly turn it into a kinetic damage barrel but with the beam strike animation at multiple places, that way all you need to do is nick code from other barrels change the animation to the beam animation and the damage to kinetic, make it WoC and you've got your first monk WoC item.

Apocalypsox
16-03-06, 04:59
Monks dont deserve WoC TBH- and why would we need another barrel? make just one fireball come out of the sky and hit your target, (Maybe give it AoE and just hit at the target area) have 3 levels- a tl30 - 65 - 100(rare) and just make it rather larger for each TL. (more AoE and dmg)

nobby
16-03-06, 22:29

Well the game in my opinion is ..... boring....

It would sure make it more interesting, at least bring em back or give constructers a wrench they can buy to remove em...

comeon...

why not?

Toxen
16-03-06, 22:54
Well the game in my opinion is ..... boring....

It would sure make it more interesting, at least bring em back or give constructers a wrench they can buy to remove em...

comeon...

why not?

You want to make neocron a massive game of Team Fortress Classic Don't You :P

nobby
16-03-06, 23:20
:p

Loved that game