PDA

View Full Version : simple fix.. can we please die from falling stupid heights?

Kierz
06-03-06, 07:07
if you fall out a bomber from max height, you dont die.
if you jump down where the gravlifts are in th, you dont die.
if you fall off in hacknet, you dont die.

yet from lower heights you can die, it seems to be the same bug as the genotoxic nightmare not killing you in 1 hit, just let things kill us in 1 hit when it should :p

kthx.

Apocalypsox
06-03-06, 07:57
yeah this is kinda annoying. almost capped PE with 250 health and all buffs possible running (short of a PPU) survives jumping down the TH lift every time, but on my short run to crystal caves a zone east, i died on a hill that was maybe 11 foot high. o_O yeah falling damage needs to be redone.

Bugs Gunny
06-03-06, 08:03
Maybe it's the falling off the hill and dying that needs fixing instead?
I mean, come out of TH, fre, then relog and end up on the side of a hill you're sliding off to die.

Hell, i visit that place weekly with a hacker to clean out the belts.

eLcHi
06-03-06, 10:56
Heh, Lore would die even more often =)

Pantho
06-03-06, 11:16
A fully healed tank cant die from falling, least i dont think so

The amount of fall damage they can take is to large, by the time they have taken so much dmg there at that point where they dont die,

Brammers
06-03-06, 11:35
Nooo!!! Jumping off the platforms in the top of Tech Haven is the only reason that makes it worth visting our old home for.

Serriously, some of the heights in this game you don't die is a bit stupid, but some of the small falls you die from is also just as stupid.

RaekOne
06-03-06, 11:53
I discovered this just yesterday..I know, i know...nib etc..

Was in a bomber over cycrow it got blown, as I fell I thought, whatever im dead....landed, and went to 0 health, then straight back up to half way....

I was so confused that before I realised there where 4 monks on my a$$....

Good fun though, who needs a parachute!!!!

Pantho
06-03-06, 12:20
Dam, u lost a hoverbomber :O, I took one over CRP during a op war once, got some insane frags until the drive stayed stilled and some Nib Tank got 2 ANTI VEHICLE Launchers into me, (Yes i now, fucking amazing aim from the tank considering anti vehicle doesnt follow like ant air)

Took the Hoverbomber to just under half, and i was skint so i ran away :(

Bugs Gunny
06-03-06, 12:30
I think it should be kept for airborne vehicles. It gives a new dimension to ejecting after a crash or paratrooping into a hotspot.

It's not just the fall dammage though, try this out:

Apu with 0 points specced in con and no armor runs into mc5 and starts hling the mobs.....

It's related to the server thinking it's bad information about dammage and health being received, so it counts it as an error and your health will jump back. It's based on a certain negative healhnumber. Dunno if that's also true for the revenge drones though, maybe that one adds a stack of dammages into one.

Heavyporker
06-03-06, 15:11
Bugs, you fool. Did you just post an exploit?!

Bugs Gunny
06-03-06, 15:29
OMG you just used the forbidden word.... BANZOR :D