PDA

View Full Version : What in the...

Strife
05-03-06, 16:51
well, forums seem sorta dull nowadays, so thought i'd post this. Hopefully some of you find it amusing/weird. Just ways in which neocron was a lot different way back.

-One of the funnest things I miss was apartment raiding and looting. You used to be able to open people's apartment cabinets. Granted rares weren't ingame at the time, so it wasn't a major deal if you got raided. But it was still fun as hell breaking into people's apartments, killing them and their friends and making off with a bunch of loot.

-Warbot hunting was done in storage halls only.

-Tanks pretty much only used raygun rifles.

-PE's could ressurect.

-You could sport 4 of the same brain implants. The cool thing to do was use 4 SF's or Marine's.

-It wasn't too incommon to see GM's walk around, even had, i think it was weekly, spawn sessions in the subway station/wasteland area. They'd spawn a bunch of the highest level stuff, you'd get about 20-30 people there.

-When we'd get bored we'd get copbots to FF eachother and watch them fight eachother. Sometimes a random noob running by would take a burst to the chest and drop.

-Constructers could make a profit selling the stuff they made leveling up, to vendors.

-Something that probably would have saved KK a bit of subscribers and bitch threads, it was all on one server.

-*cough* Self res bug that almost everyone used, practically became a feature it was in so long, and so common.

-Full QB dropping, death meant quite a bit more.

-**NO PPU's** :D

-Monks really had it rough in the beggining. They'd mostly suck horribly besides the overpowered to hell spell they'd get every other month or so.

-Researching and selling BP's to the "all buyer" was _the_ way to make it rich.

Anything I missed?

Bugs Gunny
05-03-06, 18:31
Entire clans running around with the same 5 slot weapons ?

Mighty Max
05-03-06, 19:04
Yepp you are definately missing:

- Rezzing the mob you just killed to start over

- Firefielding/Rocketting everywhere to laught now and then when the next LE'ed dropped dead

- buying tons of LE's at yakarma (item spamming)

- getting lost in the wastelands with no map in a gray in gray environment

- synching into the air to drop death

- idling overloaded in the app on autorun to level con

and after it was removed

- watching the tower jumpers levelling constitution in Plaza

- Driving bikes in the sewers

- lvl 2 PSI Spells ( i.e. Earthquake)

- PSI-Light

- Outzone Station Spawns

- killing Cop/Stormbots

Dead Bodies
05-03-06, 19:18
My personal favorite the CBPR...

suler
05-03-06, 20:34
Entire clans running around with the same 5 slot weapons ?

I think it used to be 8 slots.

Dirus
05-03-06, 20:55
You forgot:

the bug that let you reload a weapon over and over again to the point where you could 1 shot kill a Warbot for insane amounts of damage.

The cash cubes that were easily duped making money useless ingame as giving 20mil tips for being poked was almost an insult on the poker's end of the deal.

SorkZmok
05-03-06, 21:08
My personal favorite the CBPR...
Actually i think it's still ingame, i got dropped by some guy who was appearently using one a few weeks ago. o_O1

And hell, i loved that reloading and then 1 shot mob killing bug.

Dirus
05-03-06, 21:10
Actually i think it's still ingame, i got dropped by some guy who was appearently using one a few weeks ago. o_O1

How'd he get past the DEX 255 Restriction on it?

Edit: not to mention the weight on one is 100, and the ammo for it weighs 50 each as well.

Dead Bodies
05-03-06, 21:13
Are u sure i lost most of mine when they wiped them and turned them to milky rens did u see balls and beam hit u both same time? Humm not to be unassertive but not all CBR's have dex 200 REQ most of them wer changed after patch to make the users who had them unable to use due to "server lag" as kk stated but not all got caught by the patch... (as i hear :D) and the ones that are 200 DEX its impossible to use without .... assistance from higher up...

Ah cbpr's good ole days capping nubs in aggie celler, they ran like rats thinking omg copbots... :P

He might have ben using the shitty stacakable ones from warbots but if u died to that ... thats another story ...

pabz
05-03-06, 22:51
- spending a week trying to work out how to get out of mc5
- being a noob

Rob01m
05-03-06, 23:10
- Warbot plasma weaponry
- Oxygen meter :p

-FN-
05-03-06, 23:12
I remember when having a heal cast on you would insta-kill you... if you had a shelter on :lol:

pabz
05-03-06, 23:39
Shame that i was totally oblivious to what was going on around me back when i started NC. Never even read patch notes back then 8|

FarSight
05-03-06, 23:44
You forgot:
The cash cubes that were easily duped making money useless ingame as giving 20mil tips for being poked was almost an insult on the poker's end of the deal.

Cappin INT by buying/seling rhinos @ ASG (15 min and bout 6.000.000.000nc for spy)

Codrum
06-03-06, 04:30
Damn, I started about a year ago, missed all that stuff, sounds like fun :(

Edit: Hmm, must have been almost 2 years ago looking at my join date, time flys when your having fun ;)

DetectiveKimble
06-03-06, 05:44
No that oldschool, but the first wave of hybrids. Getting nailed with para beam then fire beam, then shooting them for 2 damage through all their stacked up buffs was awesome.

Brammers
06-03-06, 12:49
When StockX was bugged in NC2 Beta - you could buy shares at 100nc each and sell them for 10mil each!

dangermaus
06-03-06, 18:27
talking to a vendor, going AFK and coming back to buy items for 1 nc and getting INT exp for it

getting stuck in the water in the aggie sewers

RogerRamjet
06-03-06, 18:32
NPCs being clientside, so you could write one that gave you a DS.

Terayon
06-03-06, 20:12
NPCs being clientside, so you could write one that gave you a DS.

I think i remember damage being client side also.

Dogface
06-03-06, 23:56
One day we'll be saying, "Hey, anyone remember that time when apus used to run around with ppus all the time?" One day :)

pabz
07-03-06, 00:00
One day we'll be saying, "Hey, anyone remember that time when apus used to run around with ppus all the time?" One day :) and a few years later, "Remember when mechs used to be overpowered?"

nobby
07-03-06, 00:03
Then 5 years after that

"Remember Neocron anyone?"

Paper Dragon
07-03-06, 00:35
Then 5 years after that

"Remember Neocron anyone?"

Few MMORPGs have lasted much longer than five years, Nobby. Hell, some of them with bigger budgets and companies behind them collapsed within three.

A rather weak flame. ;)

Richard Slade
07-03-06, 00:50
Where did all that fun stuff go?
Nowadays we just wank...

Dirus
07-03-06, 02:39
Where did all that fun stuff go?
Nowadays we just wank...

Ah yes, bugs and exploits are the "fun stuff"....

That is until it's a bug or exploit you can't figure out and then you scream bloody murder for it to be fixed out of spite for those who figured it out.

Guess we should leave the game as it is now, since eventually everyone will learn every bug and exploit and all hold hands and enjoy abusing them together. :rolleyes:

Strife
07-03-06, 04:50
Guess we should leave the game as it is now, since eventually everyone will learn every bug and exploit and all hold hands and enjoy abusing them together.

sounds better than sitting around holding hands with the bugs that dont benefit us and have been ingame for years :/

Dirus
07-03-06, 07:34
sounds better than sitting around holding hands with the bugs that dont benefit us and have been ingame for years :/

My point exactly. As long as you benefit from it in some way, it's all ok. Right?

Apocalypsox
07-03-06, 07:49
i dont benefit from having my bloody combat mechs not ingame yet that i was promised *cough*

sorry had to add that :p

sultana
07-03-06, 08:39
-Constructers could make a profit selling the stuff they made leveling up, to vendors.
I miss the old constuction recipes :(

You used to be able to make a heap of money out of holy heals, and the holy shelters only used parts 5 and 6 or something stupid like that.

netster
07-03-06, 10:51
BP-able PA's for the fun :)

i remember the first guy (a spy) running arround at MB with his brandnew fire terminator r0x0ring a WB with 3 bursts .... i saw something like fragments flying and xxx damagestacks on the WB oO.
or the older days, when the vein reaper was pe-able in a not too high drug-setup -_-', rezzable pe's, stealthtanks(4tW!), 5seated rhinos ^^

Jaffo
07-03-06, 15:19
watching people wizz round and round nc on the subway cause the couldnt figure out how to get off!!!!!

plus i miss buju banton he was fun to take the piss out off.

Darken
07-03-06, 16:15
rezzable pe's, 5seated rhinos ^^

The rezzing PE is just 1 drug or 2-3 points away if i remember correctly, it would be great to make this possible again. and 5 seated rhinos, the old days?? Since when this is old.

netster
07-03-06, 16:25
The rezzing PE is just 1 drug or 2-3 points away if i remember correctly.yepp, some points...

it would be great to make this possible again.
a rezzing TSU pe? O_O /set heart_attack 1

and 5 seated rhinos, the old days?? Since when this is old.
its old, but its like a classic/evergreen ... it allways comes back :)

RogerRamjet
07-03-06, 18:05
I miss the days when new setups were able to be made, and theyd still be original and cutting edge.

pabz
07-03-06, 18:15
i love making unique setups

pabz
07-03-06, 18:32
watching people wizz round and round nc on the subway cause the couldnt figure out how to get off!!!!!

plus i miss buju banton he was fun to take the piss out off.

lol :angel:

Strife
07-03-06, 22:52
Also. Back when there were no lom's, it was common to have to reroll a single char 2-4 times to get it right. you'd see a lot of people with 2.0 or 3.0 after their name.

XaNToR
07-03-06, 23:07
u also missed that there was no aim toggle, or to enter the -1 clanranking, which made the server crash :rolleyes: *cough*

also there wasnt a PPU spell that went over tl 48

health was only 240 or 248, cant remember correctly anymore.. no speedcap at all... agility was useless, there was a good netcode

and the bloody mix of raygun canon and plasma rifles was just awesome.....

plus the best animation : the energy barrel, when it was a beam, it had such an enormous animation, so that the holy energy barrel almost covered the entire doomreaper when u shot at one

cocoons and are hard to find nowadays, if they even exist still
and i miss the big sewer rats

edit : u could also stack ur heal e.g. u were able to cast ur heal several times so that u were healed quicker...

Strife
09-03-06, 03:44
OMG i almost forgot. They actually had laser mines ingame. You'd plant it and if someone crossed the laser it'd go off. The GM's played with them, and that's all we really saw of them.

Dirus
09-03-06, 03:48
OMG i almost forgot. They actually had laser mines ingame. You'd plant it and if someone crossed the laser it'd go off. The GM's played with them, and that's all we really saw of them.

We'd crash the Test Server at times by placing hundreds of them in Pepper Park. :p

Dribble Joy
09-03-06, 04:11
There's a pic of the pp1 exit to p3 covered in laser mines out there somewhere.

Apocalypsox
09-03-06, 04:55
OMG someone find teh piccy! i wanna see da lasermines :angel:

SorkZmok
09-03-06, 04:57
OMG someone find teh piccy! i wanna see da lasermines :angel:
Lil triangle emitting a red beam to the opposite wall. Halflife-like. Nothing special. They had a p-c requirement, i still wonder why. :lol:

SorkZmok
09-03-06, 05:00
i love making unique setupsThere are no unique setups anymore. Its all cookie cutter setups. All. Cause theres just not enough viable setups out there to discover.

/edit
Doublepost, damn me.

Apocalypsox
09-03-06, 07:45
I like making interesting setups... their quite entertaining compared to the standard old cookie cutter setups. :o

dark_reaper
09-03-06, 08:17
I remember the Neocron Beta a few years back, The gold ol beta 3 and beta 4.
- When three major clans rule all of neocron.

- Life was much easier back in da days.

XaNToR
09-03-06, 14:50
There's a pic of the pp1 exit to p3 covered in laser mines out there somewhere.

heh, i did that once with about some thousands of them... until 1 tank ran through and destroyed all of them.... :rolleyes:

cRazy-
09-03-06, 17:28
lol this thread has to be one of the best ones ive seen on this forum in ages.

Really digs up old memories of the fun things.

Hell-demon
09-03-06, 17:31
Really digs up old memories of the fun things.

Ahhhhhh necrophilia :)

netster
09-03-06, 17:39
Ahhhhhh necrophilia :)
u're talking about neocrack? :)

wonderfull memories .... teamed every single tank that was leveling in the tsu hq/pp3 ... fullcapped a capped within a day ;)

Hell-demon
09-03-06, 17:40
Neocrack?

no I thought crazy- shared my night time habit of going to the local cemetary for a shovel and shag :)

Bugs Gunny
09-03-06, 17:44
Where is assman btw?

I saw him ingame a few weeks ago. He was red sl and ran around with the 4 slot explosive flashlight, laserpointer all arti wyatt i gave him.....

Hell-demon
09-03-06, 17:46
he should know about......the project

Bugs Gunny
09-03-06, 17:47
He should star in it.

Hell-demon
09-03-06, 17:48
no, let him suffer for leaving us.....

hey does anyone know if Janos Blake plays in secret? I miss him from nc 1

sanityislost
09-03-06, 18:32
i miss

-8 Slotted weps
-Shotting the ground alot and then one hit killing a mob
-Buying illegal slot enhancers over and over to cap int/dex
-thinkin a nib flamer was the shit!

SiL ..:..

Brammers
09-03-06, 18:58
no, let him suffer for leaving us.....

hey does anyone know if Janos Blake plays in secret? I miss him from nc 1

Don't think so, have a look in the visiting vets thread.