View Full Version : State of Neocron Address

mdares
04-03-06, 21:23
Uh... U know its a bad sign in a pvp oriented mmo when the ratio of LEs to nonLEs in any given safezone is 2:1.

just thought i'd point out the obvious once again as (while i admit it used to be a problem with too many LEs) its just getting worse and worse...

canuma100
04-03-06, 21:27
jeder erntet das was er gesäht hat.

You earn that what you Seed.

Paper Dragon
04-03-06, 21:33
"Put your LE in, n00b."

They wanted it, now they can't deal with it.

Clobber
04-03-06, 21:49
"Put your LE in, n00b."

They wanted it, now they can't deal with it.

Yes and if they put it in then it should have a negative side effect like slowing xp gain or you dont gain cash from killing any mobs.

pabz
04-03-06, 22:02
"Put your LE in, n00b."

They wanted it, now they can't deal with it. Who are they? Are you just quoting something that you heard some guy say once, over and over again? Maybe we should do a quick poll to see who thinks people should have LEs in...

Paper Dragon
04-03-06, 22:06
Who are they? Are you just quoting something that you heard some guy say once, over and over again? Maybe we should do a quick poll to see who thinks people should have LEs in...

It comes up when anyone complains about PvP. ;)

"Put your fucking LE chip in then".

Funnily enough, when people do put their LE chips in, the same folks demanding they do so start whining about that.

It's hilarious.

pabz
04-03-06, 22:09

Funnily enough, when people do put their LE chips in, the same folks demanding they do so start whining about that.

It's hilarious. Seems like a bit of a stupid generalisation of anyone who doesn't have an LE in. If anyone ever has said that, as a PvPer and none LEed player, i would like to apologise on behalf of them, so that you can stop saying that.

Rob01m
04-03-06, 22:40
Yes and if they put it in then it should have a negative side effect like slowing xp gain or you dont gain cash from killing any mobs.

If people can ONLY level up by having an LE in because allied newbie PKers are rampant, then that's what they will use. If you make the LE less viable, instead of having them level up and pop it out, you'll end up with fewer gamers.

Someone starts the game 0/2, they keep in their LE. People complain about LEs... Okay so let them pop it out and see them get killed by allies until they are broke and punching rats. They'll just quit if there wasn't an LE.

LE players > no players. The real problem are the morons that kill any and everyone without real consequence that actually KILL off the game. Oh sure, they get some enjoyment from killing that newbie... but they would have had much more if they let the newbie grow and then kill him.

Conduit
04-03-06, 22:44
Like Canuma said; As you sow, so shall you reap..
If you've never heard "put your LE in noob!", then you probably haven't been around for very long.

edit/
nicely summed up, rob01m

Rob01m
04-03-06, 22:45

It's hilarious.

Exactly.

Newbie: Help some ally just PKed me in aggy cellar!
RandomX: Hr hr put in LE n00b.
Newbie: Okay.
RandomY: Why do so many people have their LEs in now?!

Spermy
04-03-06, 22:59
It's true - you reap what you sow.

Pker paradise is gone, we have only our selves to blame.

Notice how I say WE! meaning myself included contributed to it, as yes, I quite often take shots at people in PP3 regardless of thier rank if they're un-LE'd ( Hey! it's all soullight and symp, right? RIGHT!? :D)

I've even advocated the LE's use if people didn't want thier asses blown a mile wide and an inch thick :) The situation is this way, because we made it this way. Eventually, they'lll level and want to PvP. Then the cycle begins anew.

pabz
04-03-06, 23:23
If you've never heard "put your LE in noob!", then you probably haven't been around for very long.
Doesn't seem like a good reason to not fix the problem though

Paper Dragon
04-03-06, 23:42
Doesn't seem like a good reason to not fix the problem though

What problem?

If they can't use the LE, then chances are these people will quit; making the population even lower.

pabz
04-03-06, 23:47
What problem?

If they can't use the LE, then chances are these people will quit; making the population even lower. KK have 2 options: Leave it and let the game die slowly or change it and hope that some people come back for the increase in pvp action.

I find it amazing how much you oppose PvP in neocron so much

Spermy
04-03-06, 23:49
KK have 2 options: Leave it and let the game die slowly or change it and hope that some people come back for the increase in pvp action.

I find it amazing how much you oppose PvP in neocron so much

I've never seen her oppose it. Just the erm... Crapper forms of it.

pabz
04-03-06, 23:52
I've never seen her oppose it. Just the erm... Crapper forms of it. You mean the pre-arranged, even numbered, enemy vs enemy, OP wars that only happen in fairy tales, and should not be allowed unless they are the other side of the map to where paper dragon is currently standing.

Conduit
05-03-06, 00:11
People use LEs for a reason.
The only problem, as has already been pointed out, are the kidiot morons who kill indiscriminately, regardless of rank or allegiance, without any real or lasting consequences.
If there is a large LE population now, you should be asking yourself why excactly that is.

Spermy
05-03-06, 00:37
You mean the pre-arranged, even numbered, enemy vs enemy, OP wars that only happen in fairy tales, and should not be allowed unless they are the other side of the map to where paper dragon is currently standing.

No need to go to that extent. I mean the mindless attitude of PK whatever moves. I'm perfectly happy with PvP in all it's forms, except the blatanrly stupid. ;)

pabz
05-03-06, 00:59
Maybe people are just really scared of dying these days, or are obessesed with constantly rolling new chars.

Spermy
05-03-06, 01:10
Maybe people are just really scared of dying these days, or are obessesed with constantly rolling new chars.

In all fairness are you not surprised?

There's a fuckton of monks rolled to meet the requirements fro PvP, and half the server practically orgasms when they see a non LE.

Before that, there was a fuckton of people rolling monks for PvP, and half the server was killing thier allies because they couldn't kill the monks...

we can rewind further back, but i don't see the need.

Fero
05-03-06, 01:18
Good solution would be .. increase xp gain like 4-8x times for LEd ppl and as soon as they cap Le self removes.(there is no overcapping issue here too. Le pop as soon person reashes 13 mill exp in main attribute tree. monks PSI. spies dex . pEs dex. tanks strength. There for no Led monks grinding INT while PSI capped. etc ).
Little note to people who love their Les ... there is no need for LE after you cap. WoC crap tends to be a weapons as we can see ... weapons to kill other PEOPLE. You want woc item ? You should work and suffer for it. (thought i totaly oppose whole retarded amount of EXP needed to get to freaking woc).
We would have lotsa ppl capped and NON Led.
Next thing .. Remove SL regeneration and symp gained on kills. Increase slightly symp gain from missions.
If you kill an Allied runner you get negative 50 soul light and both factions -100 sympathy. Make a advocate system NPC where person can plea to person he killed for forgiveness if kill was made inside cave or by mistake. Person killed will know for sure if she/he was ganked in cave or elsewhere. Therefore will react properly by forgiving or rejecting plea.
This kind of change will be great ... reds can be killed with out any problem(unless in caves), allied kills will be punished harshly as intended.
No more symp whores or red runners idling in TH.
Wanna be a bad boy/gal .... there is only ONE place you can be @ .. A09 prison joint. Enjoy :)

PS. flame lightly :) .. i would to hear your take on this Dirus.

Paper Dragon
05-03-06, 01:45
You mean the pre-arranged, even numbered, enemy vs enemy, OP wars that only happen in fairy tales, and should not be allowed unless they are the other side of the map to where paper dragon is currently standing.

Actually, more against the "lolz we zerged you, pwnt, OMFG KILLING THAT ALLY LOST ME SL WAH" kind. ;)

Maybe if you bothered to see what was being said - rather than who was saying it - you'd see that.

pabz
05-03-06, 02:47
Actually, more against the "lolz we zerged you, pwnt, OMFG KILLING THAT ALLY LOST ME SL WAH" kind. ;)

. There's no such thing as 'none zerg fights' these days since everybody goes crazy over the slightest difference in numbers, and the only reason why people are ally killing is because they are bored since the pop is too low and there's too many LEed people (i'm pretty sure that there's a strong link between pop and no. of LEed people too).

Spermy
05-03-06, 12:02
There's no such thing as 'none zerg fights' these days since everybody goes crazy over the slightest difference in numbers, and the only reason why people are ally killing is because they are bored since the pop is too low and there's too many LEed people (i'm pretty sure that there's a strong link between pop and no. of LEed people too).

Well, I don't see hordes of zerglings around, and I don't really see wnything starcraft related here... ¬_¬

People like to win. When they lose, they whine, and they find an excuse. Yet when they boast about taking down 3 chars at once? hrrmm. Surely they're outnumbered there too :p

People are ally killing because there is no un LE'd people. People are keeping thier LE because of this? Maybe? There's a lot of things contirbuting to this issue. And they all centre around player attitude.

pabz
05-03-06, 16:47
. People are keeping thier LE because of this? Maybe? Dying isn't the end of the world, and i wish people would realise this. I have a feeling that most people who knew this, quit the game because they had less tolerance for bugs than people who didn't participate in PvP very much.

Strife
05-03-06, 16:56
If there is a large LE population now, you should be asking yourself why excactly that is.Other than the general MMO public are carebears?

MkVenner
05-03-06, 16:58
Other than the general MMO public are carebears?

zing

It's true tho...

bluelights
05-03-06, 16:58
personally i dont like the LE policy anyway, i have always taken the LE straight out and just played the hard way from the start, yeah u get ganked by /64's or whatever, if they feel the need to kill noobs then that should have some form of negative effect on them,,, i personally think it would be better to totally scrap the LE and work it by rank instead e.g

if there is a player who is say /20 and he gets PK'd by someone much higher rank like a /40 or above,, obviously the low level char has no way to defend or even figh back,,, this should be peanlised instead... so the rank /40 would get say negative SL because he ganked a player that is much lower level than him. and therefore deserves to get negative SL.... so if a player is like /50 and gets pk'd by a /50 then this is fair and the normal SL rules would apply,,, the main reason why people use LE's is they hate getting PK'd by much high level players and therefore have no chance of survival.... the LE should be removed... and replaced with rank style killings etc..... a little bit how xp works in teams, u dont get xp from a low level char in a team with a high level char,,, same should go for PKing.... i just see no need what so ever for LE chips... these kill the fun int he game,,,

with NO LE;s in game, and a new style of rank killings set by user rank level, would make everyone 'touchable' but at a cost if they choose to PK low level chars, its pretty simple,,, KK please remove the LE chips and use my base idea on ranks instead,. would be much fair all round.

(im still half asleep but if anyone does not understand me, i will re-write my idea later)

br

imper1um
05-03-06, 17:05
I actually think that LEs should have a backstory...

LEs were created to prevent damage be erecting a shield around the player. When the player reaches 50/*, the Shield erected overloads until the player is less than 50/*.

How about that?

Nixon
05-03-06, 17:36
[ edited ]

Paper Dragon
05-03-06, 17:37

I'll be sure to quote this post the next time I see you whining that Neocron - a supposedly PvP-orientated game - has a low population. ;)

Mighty Max
05-03-06, 17:37
It is obvious, that the majority of the posting ppl here think, that the only use of the LE is to protect the lowbe's. And therefor needs to be removed and the time it is used shortened (either by removing it effects or by increasing XP)

But it isn't. I don't want more XP then others. I don't need protection as a lowbe. I simply want to play with and not against others. This is the same at 0/2 at /30 or /65 ...

If i feel the urge to PK someone i log on Neptune. That way i don't feel sorry for killing someone, who just wanted to take care on his own business. Playing a post apocalypsic game doesn't make myself, the player behind that char, forget to think about others. Yes, im a carebear.

So please, if you find an LE player you can't play against, try to play with him or simply ignore him. Let us play the game like we want to play the game. We do the same vice versa.

Rob01m
05-03-06, 18:03
Dying isn't the end of the world, and i wish people would realise this. I have a feeling that most people who knew this, quit the game because they had less tolerance for bugs than people who didn't participate in PvP very much.

When is the last time you started with no characters, no connections, and no advanced understanding of the game? You'd be surprised how much dying affects a true newbie rank /10 or less.

With no LE... They will get PKed by allies, that's part of the game now. They may lose their gun/spell, and they will lose most of their money because honestly, money isn't easily earned at those levels unless you know exactly what you're doing. Now imagine a spy newbie with possibly odd skill point distribution (endurance, etc) punching extremely low level monsters in hidden areas where people won't find him to PK him. That means no sewers, no main city, etc. His level is only a thousand punches away - and he gains about as much money to offset his dying costs. No missions, because people shoot him in the back while looking at the terminal.

Now sure, that character has no LE... but he's providing just as little to the game as a low level LE person. This is if he doesn't outright quit.

The problem is allied newbie PKing. It's counter productive to PvP in the end, as killing a 0/2 can drive them away either by quitting outright or using the LE. How can they defend themselves? Nobody listens, because everyone is the friend of the more experienced killer more often than not, and nobody cares - they just want a fight.

pabz
05-03-06, 18:08
The average MMO player won't stay in NC for the mob hunting and tradeskilling. If someone starts playing NC and just sees a bunch of LEed players all over the place so that he can never experience PvP properly, then he's just gonna leave and NC will die because of the lack of new players staying and the old players leaving due to the lack of pvp :(

Thnx for killing NC you LEed bastards 8|

(I'd also like to point out the fact that the first thing i did when i started playing was to take out my LE, and i'm still here :p)

Mighty Max
05-03-06, 18:39
Sorry, but i doubt you are Mr Average. Neither am I.

But somehow i got the feeling out of several MMORPG games i played, that the number of active PKers not even nearly reaches the amount of players which collects items, money, XP, groupmembers and other things.

I just logged out of one, that has 8 non and 1 PK world. Each of the non PK worlds has about double as many players online.

WoW if i counted right has 68 PvP and 70 non-PvP realms. Keeping in mind that you are even on PvP realms pretty safe and PvM/PvQ driven that doesn't point too strong into the direction that a game dies because it gives the opportunity to keep out of PvP.

Actually i think more frustrating (and therefor more "playerkilling") to find players abusing every little and dirty chance (sync woring, op locking, SI abusing, SL scamming ...), then needing to search some minutes longer for a then good fight.

pabz
05-03-06, 19:33
The problem is that other games can do all the carebear stuff a lot better than NC, the unique thing about NC is the pvp

Foo
05-03-06, 19:43
[ edited ]

QFT .

So true

/edit Why the hell was that posted edited ? , that wasn't trolling ...he was speeking the truth. It aint the LE thats causeing low pops.

Faid
05-03-06, 19:49
:lol: All you LE'd people take out your LE's so all the old NC'ers will come back to the game to kill you. :lol:

It amazes me how some people actually think :lol:

Dead Bodies
05-03-06, 19:59
I dont see what the problem is with pvp when i need a fight i always find one no problem, MB, pp3, DOY. etc and to touch on the sensitive subject of le's u had one once too so STFU :D

pabz
05-03-06, 20:30
:lol: All you LE'd people take out your LE's so all the old NC'ers will come back to the game to kill you. :lol:

It amazes me how some people actually think :lol:
i wouldn't mind if old NCers came back and pvped :rolleyes:

nasty nate
05-03-06, 20:48
well guess what pabs, i cap chars and keep the le in to not have to worry about losing stuff while caving. I also have un led capped chars for pvp.

the le is a feature in this game,half the pple u see without le are noobs and the other half are pple like me who are not foolish enough to pull the le till capped or close to it.

there is no discussion here pabs the le will stay

err pabz

pabz
05-03-06, 22:42
I'd be happy with the LE just having a xp penalty

Mighty Max
05-03-06, 23:02
Beside that i favor a massive XP gain decrease (-90%) for all...

hmm, to only penalty a single group that way
... how does that benefit you?
... how does that benefit the game?
... what do you expect from it as side-effects?
... doesn't this run against the idea of balancing? (even its just minor balance related)

Rob01m
05-03-06, 23:05
I'd be happy with the LE just having a xp penalty

This won't happen. The LE originally DID have an xp penalty, and they removed it in a patch. They won't re-add it because they had a reason for removing it... I don't remember what exactly.

At any rate, changing the LE would just be a band aid solution, if things were taken care of on other fronts, it wouldn't be necessary. Wait for the major changes with rebalancing and such - who knows what will happen with the LE.

mdares
05-03-06, 23:08

<3

u should come back...

btw: it IS the LEs that are causing low pop. why? lets see:

fact 1: neocron is meant to be a pvp oriented game; with main target customers being pvp oriented gamers.

fact 2: LEs prevent pvp; was initially intended for use to only lvl with then pop out later at cap.

fact 3: more than 1/2 of the capped char population have LEs in; hence lowering the possible pvpable gamer population by half.

fact 4: pvpers cant pvp "moraly" when there are nearly no one else to pvp against other than a few allies. hence they turn to ally pking, which again leads to more bitching and people quiting or rolling LEs, and turns into a vicious spiral down to shitland.

ofcourse fact 3 and 4 can be argued for which came first (classic representation of the "which came first, egg or chicken" question) but fact of the matter is even IF LEs werent 100% of the problem (which i dunt think they are; its not all the carebears' fault =p) they must owe up and shoulder 50% of the responsibility of why the pop is low; the other 50% can be divied onto the hsoulders of poor balance in certain aspects as well as other "idiot" pkers (i use idiot in quotes cuz i personally dunt see a big deal in getting ally pked; but i can see why some other people with more sensitive *cough* lower *cough* EQs [emo quota] can get all worked up about it even tho THIS IS A GAME).

=D

Scaramanga
05-03-06, 23:15
At any rate, changing the LE would just be a band aid solution, if things were taken care of on other fronts, it wouldn't be necessary. Wait for the major changes with rebalancing and such - who knows what will happen with the LE.

I agree entirely with this statement.

I have 2 le'd and 2 non le'd characters. The le'd ones shall remain that way until capped, personal choice.

Back when NC had much higher pops there was still allied pking and noob ganking going on, surely low pops cant be to blame for it.

I imagine that the populations will increase a lot when evo 2.2 is patched if the balancing thing works and classes other than droners and monks are viable for OP wars.

God speed Dirus :)

pabz
05-03-06, 23:25
This won't happen. The LE originally DID have an xp penalty, and they removed it in a patch. They won't re-add it because they had a reason for removing it... I don't remember what exactly. Times have changed my friend, back when they removed the penalty there were always people to kill.

Mighty Max
05-03-06, 23:45
Tbh the grow in LE wearing IS a sort of leaving the game. Some leave for good, and some leave the PvP part, because it's not making them fun anymore.

The reason for this escape has not to be searched where players run to, but where they come from.

It's like a shot into the stomach. Some blood flows out of the body (analog to leave the game), and some will flow somewhere into the body where it doesnt belong (analog to rerolling to a LE'ed). The person (if not taken care on) will die due to the lack of blood.

You can't really blame the blood in the stomach, but the wound that causes it to get there.

Foo
06-03-06, 00:01
Some ppl here just dont get it , If u truely think the LE is causeing the extremly low population , then more the fool you.

I tryed to get 5-10 friends to play this , who i was in a pvp guild in SWG with and after 3 days you know why they left ?

I have had loads of friends in game who have left , Do you know why they left ?

and to clarify the answers to above " no it wasnt the LE ".

You try figure them out....

Terayon
06-03-06, 00:11
The lack of pvp, the lack of content, the amount of bugs neocron has, come on its not that easy to guess. It could be anything!

(Not that i think content is a big issue.)

Spermy
06-03-06, 00:36
Because of those facts dude, with the community having the attitude(s) it has. We have reached a self own situation.

No one can justify their actions without leaving a field of loopholes in thier wake.

:p

It be reet when you get patches though.

Bugs Gunny
06-03-06, 00:51
It's not the le that has changed, it's the players that have changed.

I remember back on saturn non le'ds would level at mb, knowing they'd get killed and they returned to level.

Right now, it's like people are so scared of dying and getting poked that they resort to 24/7 ppu plugging, asking on trade for a rez in some remote location and keeping the le in till cap.

pabz
06-03-06, 01:16
It's not the le that has changed, it's the players that have changed.

I remember back on saturn non le'ds would level at mb, knowing they'd get killed and they returned to level.

Right now, it's like people are so scared of dying and getting poked that they resort to 24/7 ppu plugging, asking on trade for a rez in some remote location and keeping the le in till cap. /signed
A new char carries nothing of value, probably doesn't have very many imps in, and if you don't get lvl the same place as everyone else, chances are no one will find you. Perhaps the problem with this game is that noobs are defenseless ^^

Some ppl here just dont get it , If u truely think the LE is causeing the extremly low population , then more the fool you.
I think it could also be the fact that KK constantly spend 6 months doing nothing between bursts of patches. To be fair, this balancing thing is very much neccesary, but there is no doubt that nothing brings up the server pops better than patches.

Nixon
06-03-06, 02:49
I see my last post got edited. It seems you cannot express your view about the game's current direction (downwards, slow and steady) or otherwise talk negatively about it. Tells me something is wrong when such things are moderated. I guess you fear that players might see some truth there.

And back to the topic: Removing LE would just mess with players that like PvE or cap their char without some overcapped bored jerk blasting them away because they feel like it. It's not a 'cool peeveepee fight' -it's an execution. Once most of them get their characters at desired level they will either go trading gimps or remove the LE and do what you do.

Nowadays the 90% of servers capped population who's been drooling for a kill for a week and havent got a chance for that, one noob who removes LE would be killed always and anywhere he goes.

Strife
06-03-06, 03:05
<3

u should come back...
I am, currently trying to switch factions with what few things were transfered over :/

DetectiveKimble
06-03-06, 05:24
My theory on why there's so many LE's lately is, in NC1 retail, at that time people had been playing games like AO or whatever, so they knew that dying in PvP had a risk associated with it, so they expected it. That or they didn't have much MMO experience. People would level without implants or armor, cos they expected to die alot, and armor was a waste of money since you'd drop it anyway. I instictively didn't use imps till dex 65ish with my PE, and i filled up my inventory with drinks/food to lower the chance of dropping something i'd miss (even though that doesn't work anymore), cos that's what i'm used to.
I guess now, with a new generation of games (eg. world of warcraft) that have absolutely no negative effects or penalty for dying, where PvP only exists inside instanced prepackaged events, they've created a new generation of carebears. The idea of real risk vs reward PvP scares the shit out of them.

And for the record, i've never said "put your LE in noob", i mostly say "take your LE out so i can kill you".

Edit: And as for the rebalancing thing fixing the issues with PvP, i've only seen 3 posts by this Dirus guy. One said 3/4 of his chars are tradeskillers and he loves collecting items, in one he couldn't tell the difference between a PE and a tank, and one was his downright moronic "contribution" to the discussion about city guards. I hold zero confidence.

John Wu
06-03-06, 05:44
people that left NC because they can't find good PvP probably left because the balance is so fucked up, and there's only monkeys running around. I'm pretty sure they didn't leave because the 0/10 noobs kept their LE in.

people that look for good PvP usually take on enemies that have a chance to fight back. where's the fun in killing someone in 3 seconds without him having a chance to kill you at all?

I see many LE users as well on my server - but they're all noobs, so I dont care. they're no competition anyway.

Paper Dragon
06-03-06, 05:59
Edit: And as for the rebalancing thing fixing the issues with PvP, i've only seen 3 posts by this Dirus guy. One said 3/4 of his chars are tradeskillers and he loves collecting items, in one he couldn't tell the difference between a PE and a tank, and one was his downright moronic "contribution" to the discussion about city guards. I hold zero confidence.

He has a post count of over 1000.

You're either blind, or just so desperate to flame him you're deliberately ignoring everything else he's said. ;)

DetectiveKimble
06-03-06, 06:04
/10 noobs with their LE's in is a whole other discussion. I'm talking about seeing capped PEs and three star slasher spies using shelter with their LE in killing WBs.

He has a post count of over 1000.

You're either blind, or just so desperate to flame him you're deliberately ignoring everything else he's said. ;)

Thank you, but i have been back in game for almost a month now, using the forums for half that time, and commenting on what i've seen in that time. You can go back to WoW now.

Paper Dragon
06-03-06, 06:06
Thank you, but i have been back in game for almost a month now, using the forums for half that time, and commenting on what i've seen in that time.

Dirius has posted a fair bit in the last two weeks, sweety.

So, clearly, the latter view of you is accurate. :lol:

You can go back to WoW now.

That's the best riposte you can come out with?

:lol:

Once again...

:lol:

I'll "go back" to WoW when you go back to Quake. ;)

DetectiveKimble
06-03-06, 06:15
I still play quakeworld team fortress... I'm not sure what you're point is. I have no desire to start a flame war with you.

I'm not going through his post count weighing up every statement he's made, i'm remarking on the posts he's made in threads i've read, and boy are they gems.
And if you don't see a problem with the fact that the guy who's supposedly going to "fix PvP" has 3 out of 4 char slots as tradeskillers, it appears you're the one who's blind. Sweety.

Paper Dragon
06-03-06, 06:19
I still play quakeworld team fortress... I'm not sure what you're point is. I have no desire to start a flame war with you.

Says the guy who started flinging terms such as "moron" around to describe posters.

I'm not going through his post count weighing up every statement he's made, i'm remarking on the posts he's made in threads i've read, and boy are they gems.

Then read other posts; be amazed as your sense of self-security is torn to shreds by people who have praised him for his ideas and future plans.

And if you don't see a problem with the fact that the guy who's supposedly going to "fix PvP" has 3 out of 4 char slots as tradeskillers, it appears you're the one who's blind. Sweety.

Given the sort of things he's done in the past, I have a great deal more faith in someone like him than a lot of the ideas the playerbase has come up with.

But, then again, you only bother to read a handful of his posts, so you're not getting anything beyond a very narrow viewpoint.

DetectiveKimble
06-03-06, 06:36
Says the guy who started flinging terms such as "moron" around to describe posters.
No, i described a comment someone made as moronic.

Then read other posts; be amazed as your sense of self-security is torn to shreds by people who have praised him for his ideas and future plans.
No. I don't care about future plans, i believe it when i see it. Remember when we were getting item tracking and player stores in BDoY? Right.

Given the sort of things he's done in the past, I have a great deal more faith in someone like him than a lot of the ideas the playerbase has come up with.

I hope you're right. But when we're still going to -60 SL for killing enemies, when there's 100 people online and still only 15 have their LE out, and the last few PKers still in game have quit, i guess we'll know who to thank. I'd be surprised if these were fixed. The fact that the new SL system has been allowed to remain in-game this long is a pretty good indicator that KK don't consider it to be bad. Hell, i wouldn't be surprised if there's a /pvp flag in 2.2.

suler
06-03-06, 06:54
I have a great deal more faith in someone like him than a lot of the ideas the playerbase has come up with.

Uh I would hope so.

Edit: I like alot of player ideas and support them, however most of the player ideas aren't the good ones. So if you don't like alot of them that's not really saying much at all.

pabz
06-03-06, 12:02
I'm pretty sure they didn't leave because the 0/10 noobs kept their LE in.
I think they left because the majority of the server is not because 0/10 noobs keep their LE in, but because there are just too many 0/10 noobs.

Bugs Gunny
06-03-06, 13:41
If anyone at KK actualy knows something about the pvp mechanics it's Dirus.
The testserver will help him get things right on the spot with the ballancing.

Here's what i'm convinced are the three current NC killers:

Bugs, memleaks
Unballanced pvp (monks rule)
shady unreliable payment system.

Hell-demon
06-03-06, 13:43
And big pointy lips

Bugs Gunny
06-03-06, 13:53
I'm so used to that lip now i'd be realy realy sad if they fixed that.

pabz
06-03-06, 14:56
invisble torsos, monks, LEs and login bugs are what is currently annoying me.

Scaramanga
06-03-06, 15:23
Only thing that really annoys me about NC is the fucking huge sewer system which has no toilets feeding it. o_O :wtf:

Foo
06-03-06, 15:48
Bugs, memleaks
Unballanced pvp (monks rule)
shady unreliable payment system.

You sir hit it on the head there.

Just like to add , A engine that some good computers for some unknown reason just cant handle good.

Oh and more bugs .

Ryen
06-03-06, 16:47
[ edited ]

Hell-demon
06-03-06, 17:11
Another issue is the fact that when you draw a weapon or psi module or tool, your character has balck leather gloves and jacket, despite the fact every model has bare hands 8|

Dogface
06-03-06, 17:39
Another issue is the fact that when you draw a weapon or psi module or tool, your character has balck leather gloves and jacket, despite the fact every model has bare hands 8|

YES !!

I was going to notify KK about these kind of things.

1st person view, chars have gloves, 3rd person, bare hands.

Chars run with drone in right hand in 3rd person, player has drone in left hand in 1st person mode.

Drone is floating with no hand attached to it in 1st person even before launch.

Drone doesn't always show up when its equipped in 3rd person.

Female chars run like penguins.

There was something else too..

Rob01m
06-03-06, 17:48

Apparently you don't know who Dirus is or what hes already done in the past for this game... Dirus = Lupus He's been one of the major players in certain changes, for example the weapon TL redistribution. It's much better now than how it was before.

Now he's trying to rebalance the classes and you show negative feelings toward it? The amount of tradeskillers he has doesn't matter - it's a game, he can play as whatever he wants. He PvPs like anyone else. Unless of course you happen to play as an overpowered class that might be toned down... in that case it's all starting to come together. :p

DetectiveKimble
06-03-06, 18:37
Dirus = Lupus

I had no idea. Take back what i said. I know he's capable. I guess he's just made some comments that have caught my eye lately as... amusing :wtf:

Dirus
07-03-06, 23:29
I had no idea. Take back what i said. I know he's capable. I guess he's just made some comments that have caught my eye lately as... amusing :wtf:

In truth, What people think of me matters little. The whole basis of what I do comes with the risk that I'm going to gain friends out of some of the players, and make enemies out of others. This is a fact of life, you can't please everyone all the time, while I strive to please as many as I can sometimes the good of the game has it's costs.

For the record: I used to have 2 accounts, for a total of 3 Tradeskillers and 5 PvP characters (2 Spies, 1 PE, 1 Tank & 1 Monk). I just don't have the time these days to effectively play that many characters so I closed my one account.

pabz
08-03-06, 00:23
Unless of course you happen to play as an overpowered class that might be toned down... in that case it's all starting to come together. :p MJS was a ppu, they have just never gotten round to fixing it after he left.

Apocalypsox
08-03-06, 01:00
For the record: I used to have 2 accounts, for a total of 3 Tradeskillers and 5 PvP characters (2 Spies, 1 PE, 1 Tank & 1 Monk). I just don't have the time these days to effectively play that many characters so I closed my one account.

WOOT! SPIES 4tw!!!

so anyways...what is the point of this thread? went back 2 pages and all i see are people flaming PaperDragon/each other...

RogerRamjet
08-03-06, 01:15
What server dirus?

Strife
08-03-06, 01:23
I like you Dirus, and that's all that really matters.

cRazy-
08-03-06, 02:02
The whole basis of what I do comes with the risk that I'm going to gain friends out of some of the players

lol that could be taken wrongly :p

Dirus
08-03-06, 02:04
lol that could be taken wrongly :p

It could, unless I mean it the way you quoted it. In which case I could be reffering to the risk of having you all over me everytime I show up crazy- :p

cRazy-
08-03-06, 02:23
I feel exactly the same too Dirus.

Just too popular :(

Dirus
08-03-06, 04:46
I feel exactly the same too Dirus.

Just too popular :(

Popularity isnt the issue. But since you seemed to miss it, I was making a crack at having people like you as a friend :p

pabz
08-03-06, 13:01
"Nooo!!! I'm dirus's best friend" :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
08-03-06, 13:25
I kosed all gms last night due to one apearing right in the middle of the set when we were recording footage for a movie.
So Dirus, i'll try to kill you wherever i see you, but no hard feelings, i still believe you'll get the job done (if we all help out in the testing).

pabz
08-03-06, 13:49
I think dirus is cmaster

Bugs Gunny
08-03-06, 14:07
I think you are carbonite.

cRazy-
08-03-06, 14:18
I think I am both a mysterious combination of Dirus and Carbonite.

And Nidhogg.

onero S
08-03-06, 14:21
I think I am both a mysterious combination of Dirus and Carbonite.

And Nidhogg.

and some random guy with ADD?

Bugs Gunny
08-03-06, 14:24
I'm a selfproclaimed dislectic lesbian with transexual tendencies.
AKA, a clanleader :D

RogerRamjet
08-03-06, 14:26
Im Jesus.

So STFU.

Lodar
08-03-06, 16:46
And I'm a mod. So no more spam. ;)

SorkZmok
08-03-06, 17:17
I'm Elvis actually. I win. :lol:

On topic...

I'm really wondering where the damn carebear attitude came from. It wasn't like that always. The game was a lot more hardcore and not half as many people were using LEs and whining constantly.

I think KK are going into the wrong direction making the game safer. If people get used to it they're gonna whine once things get changed again.

Leveling is ajoke these days, everyone keeps their LE in and/or got a PPU up their ass pretty much all the time.

Back when you actually had no safeslots and just dropped a random item the LE had a XP penalty and not many people at all used it. There also were way more PKers. MB bunker and several noob sewers got raided about once every hour. And people did not whine constantly. They got used to it, kept on leveling.
People these days are pussies. There's a safeslot, stuff is piss easy to get these days anyway, money is even easier to get, there's actual penalties for pking and the LE without xp nerf. Yet people complain constantly and whine about pkers, pvpers and in general getting killed no matter where. OMG RED GUY SHOT ME AT HIS OP, WTF LAME! This sucks.

I'm logging in less and less anyway, pvp is fucked anyway. Seems soon i'll be gone again to try out other games. At least until they nerf goddamn monks.
:(

I'd love to see the LE with an XP nerf that increases with the overall rank. Like 0.5 to 1.0% less xp per overall rank. So at /50 you'd get 25 to 50% less xp with the Le in. Making it harder to level the higher you get so you either need a lot longer to actually cap or have to take it out while leveling up to midlevel wouldn't be too bad compared to non LEd.

RogerRamjet
08-03-06, 17:48
I think the devs play mars too much...

:p

SorkZmok
08-03-06, 17:50
I think the devs play mars too much...

:pTalking about devs, i love your dev. :lol:

Even lowtech PEs on mars usually lack por. It's so funny.

Dribble Joy
08-03-06, 18:01
XP/cash nerf on the LE would be a great help. There really is no detrimantal effects to haveing the LE in.

Paper Dragon
08-03-06, 18:02
XP/cash nerf on the LE would be a great help. There really is no detrimantal effects to haveing the LE in.

You under-estimate how significant a clan is to most people.

Dribble Joy
08-03-06, 18:08
No I don't, I know exactly how important it is.
But other than the incentive to join a clan, there is nothing to give them reason to remove it. Many people don't want to join a clan, because they have to take their LE out. They only join when they are full capped, after which the large part of the point of a clan is lost.

calim
08-03-06, 18:13
I'm Elvis actually. I win. :lol:

On topic...

I'm really wondering where the damn carebear attitude came from. It wasn't like that always. The game was a lot more hardcore and not half as many people were using LEs and whining constantly.

I think KK are going into the wrong direction making the game safer. If people get used to it they're gonna whine once things get changed again.

Leveling is ajoke these days, everyone keeps their LE in and/or got a PPU up their ass pretty much all the time.

Back when you actually had no safeslots and just dropped a random item the LE had a XP penalty and not many people at all used it. There also were way more PKers. MB bunker and several noob sewers got raided about once every hour. And people did not whine constantly. They got used to it, kept on leveling.
People these days are pussies. There's a safeslot, stuff is piss easy to get these days anyway, money is even easier to get, there's actual penalties for pking and the LE without xp nerf. Yet people complain constantly and whine about pkers, pvpers and in general getting killed no matter where. OMG RED GUY SHOT ME AT HIS OP, WTF LAME! This sucks.

I'm logging in less and less anyway, pvp is fucked anyway. Seems soon i'll be gone again to try out other games. At least until they nerf goddamn monks.
:(

I'd love to see the LE with an XP nerf that increases with the overall rank. Like 0.5 to 1.0% less xp per overall rank. So at /50 you'd get 25 to 50% less xp with the Le in. Making it harder to level the higher you get so you either need a lot longer to actually cap or have to take it out while leveling up to midlevel wouldn't be too bad compared to non LEd.

Omg, you're a bored man, don't you ? :)

It's normal to whine a bit when killed as there is implications : item drop, poking, SI, and more. If there were not direct implications (like in a frag-frag-frag game), there would be no whiners.
Why poeple ingame would be so different than they are IRL ? There are as many whinner irl proportion in the game than IRL, i think :)

Conduit
08-03-06, 18:15
XP/cash nerf on the LE would be a great help.

A great help to what? Creating cannon-fodder for a few bored people?
People who want to pvp take out their LE, those that don't want to take part use one. Honestly, how can trying to force someone in to doing something they don't want to do be good for the game?

There really is no detrimantal effects to haveing the LE in.

Beside having to use up a brain-slot and not being able to join a clan / share a common appartment you mean?
Making LEs deactivete in war zones wouldn't be a bad thing though.

edit: I r slow typer. Paper Dragon beat me to it.

Paper Dragon
08-03-06, 18:17
No I don't, I know exactly how important it is.
But other than the incentive to join a clan, there is nothing to give them reason to remove it. Many people don't want to join a clan, because they have to take their LE out. They only join when they are full capped, after which the large part of the point of a clan is lost.

Then maybe we should look at why these people don't want to take out their LE, rather than forcing them to do so; thus making them quit - out of frustration due to having their chosen playstyle horribly gimped - or just kick up a huge fuss.

SorkZmok
08-03-06, 19:42
Then maybe we should look at why these people don't want to take out their LE, rather than forcing them to do so; thus making them quit - out of frustration due to having their chosen playstyle horribly gimped - or just kick up a huge fuss.
Because not being in a clan while leveling up in complete safety means shit when you're on vent/teamspeak with people anyway. Plus half the time you'll be in different factions whoring the epics. There's another reason everyones LEd imo.

And to the people complaining about the wasted brain imp slot: If you do pve only, you dont need that one anyway. Best setups possible are only necessary if you pvp. What you can't. Cause you're LEd. :lol:

pabz
08-03-06, 19:52
I think there should be an LEed server, and an un LEed server.

Nixon
08-03-06, 21:05
Yeah.. more servers!!

peak hour pop 20-25!

Tratos
08-03-06, 21:23
I think there should be an LEed server, and an un LEed server.
Technically as the LE is only a PvP switch we already have a server which you're supposed to PvP on and should be a no LE server (But as always people use the LE) but no one uses it.