PDA

View Full Version : Turn snow "on" "off"

jini
04-03-06, 08:28
Just to help those with slower pcs place a general switchin the options window so that we can choose when to enable or disable snow. Besides, winter is going and its not nice to have snow, unless its nuclear winter, but then again it snows in our apartments too :p

Dr J Zoidberg
04-03-06, 09:00
but then again it snows in our apartments too :p

Turn the thermostat up ^^

-Z

Apocalypsox
04-03-06, 09:07
Lol, i shot a clip of my newby freezer rifle in my app yesterday, it fucking started snowing. i was like AHH great. gotta get the tarps for the citycom again. :lol:

jini
04-03-06, 11:11
Turn the thermostat up ^^

-Z
yes, but in wasteland?

Skusty
04-03-06, 11:56
Its still snowing here so let it snow!

Tratos
04-03-06, 13:45
Snow should be either a very rare occurance now or be restricted to the most mountainous zones in the game then turned back up again next winter.

Perhaps make snow an auto event so it changes with the date :p - Constant snow on Christmas Day! :p

|R@zor|
04-03-06, 13:49
Well after wanting snow in neocron for so long i'm pleased its in, but i was a little dissapointed when i walked inside medicare in plaza 1 and it was still snowing...inside.

Tratos
04-03-06, 13:53
Well after wanting snow in neocron for so long i'm pleased its in, but i was a little dissapointed when i walked inside medicare in plaza 1 and it was still snowing...inside.
Yeah dont get me wrong snow is very nice but it is weird how many....holographic roofs there are in Neocron and the Dome :p at least we have it :) WoW still doesnt have any weather effects.

RUn3
04-03-06, 13:55
xmas is over so stop the snowing plz its killing the fps and its annoying now.

calim
04-03-06, 15:44
xmas is over so stop the snowing plz its killing the fps and its annoying now.

Lol, in a way this is a funny, childish quote :)

like : "Mum, if you don't have money, just ask some at the bank !"

IceStorm
04-03-06, 15:46
I'd be really happy if they'd fix weather so it didn't pass through buildings...

unreal
04-03-06, 16:23
I've said this before in some other thread, but it wouldn't be so bad if EVERYONE got snow on their screen at the same time, rather than it all being randomly picked by the client (from what I can tell). I'm sure it's the same with other weather like fog and rain too. I don't really think the snow passing through walls is much of a problem, but it's just another bit of lazyness.

Snow appears --> you can't see as far as the enemy sniper who just spotted you because they don't have snow on their screen and can therefore see you clearly --> you still can't see the person shooting you and almost die --> runaway. Heal and relogin. This shouldn't need to happen.

Speaking of snow, it snowed just about 3inches in 15mins here in the middle of England yesterday. :p

Dogface
04-03-06, 16:33
If you're the only person in the zone and it's snowing, relog and it will reset the zone. Making it not snow :angel:

CMaster
04-03-06, 16:37
Yeah, can we have rain, storms, other weather effects back please? And snow knocked into an unusal occurence in specific zones...

Heavyporker
04-03-06, 21:26
Please.. for the love of Crahn...

don't remove snow before I get back into Neocron.

elGringo
05-03-06, 01:34
Please.. for the love of Crahn...

don't remove snow before I get back into Neocron.

seeing from how long you're outta nc now...dont worry.. it'll be back again for you, just in time :p

unreal
05-03-06, 04:57
If you're the only person in the zone and it's snowing, relog and it will reset the zone. Making it not snow :angel:The entire point of the post I made was to note that I shouldn't HAVE to relog to make it as fair for me as it is to everyone else. Neocron crashes enough as it is to have to reload with a possible enemy shooting the crap out of me while I relogin, most likely getting stuck in sync or getting buggy inventory in the process.

-FN-
05-03-06, 05:55
I love the snow. I also love rain effects. There are two things that bug me tho:

Location and Frequency

There are some zones where it just SHOULDN'T snow. If there are fire mobs there, it shouldn't snow.

And it will snow several times a day. That's just retarded. Snow and Rain should happen 2-3 times a (real life) week. Then it would appreciated and held as a truely random weather effect. Right now it just happens WAY to often.

RUn3
05-03-06, 14:02
Lol, in a way this is a funny, childish quote :)

like : "Mum, if you don't have money, just ask some at the bank !"

O_o whatever

CMaster
05-03-06, 16:22
And it will snow several times a day. That's just retarded. Snow and Rain should happen 2-3 times a (real life) week. Then it would appreciated and held as a truely random weather effect. Right now it just happens WAY to often.

You clearly don't live in the UK, FN. Raining multiple times a day is quite common here. The thing is, I haven't seen rain since snow was patched in...

Heavyporker
05-03-06, 21:52
seeing from how long you're outta nc now...dont worry.. it'll be back again for you, just in time :p

What... was that intended to comfort me?

Finl
09-03-06, 17:14
Toggle ALL weather effect's on/off...

Even loading the snow/rain causes me a 2 second freezeframe...

l8m0n
09-03-06, 17:22
Need more effects tbh but less of the same, and sort out the zones they are in aswell, would be nice if they sort this, chances are they wont :( but atleast we can say that we asked :rolleyes:

[TgR]KILLER
09-03-06, 17:23
Yeah dont get me wrong snow is very nice but it is weird how many....holographic roofs there are in Neocron and the Dome :p at least we have it :) WoW still doesnt have any weather effects.

its on the test server it will come! \o/

|R@zor|
09-03-06, 17:25
The vegetation is forced, and it helps even out the odds a little for spotting enemies, so i say weather should stay forced too.

If you notice when it starts to snow theres a heavy fog, and would give people with it toggled off a much clearing view which would'nt be fair.

Finl
09-03-06, 20:56
If you notice when it starts to snow theres a heavy fog, and would give people with it toggled off a much clearing view which would'nt be fair.

This is the point.

The snow doesn't occur to everybody at the same time,
further more u CAN toggle the snow off, and this is done
by relogging, untill it starts to rain/snow again.

So the snow/rain does put some player's into unfair position.

-FN-
09-03-06, 21:13
You clearly don't live in the UK, FN. Raining multiple times a day is quite common here. The thing is, I haven't seen rain since snow was patched in...
No, I live in the US... but the UK is just a big island, so that doesn't count ;) What about a comprimise... rain once a RL day would suffice, wouldn't it?

Mr Kot
10-03-06, 14:36
... but the UK is just a big island, so that doesn't count ;) meh.... go play with a tornado :p

Actually, wind would make an interesting weather effect in NC. There is the sound already, but a wind that pushes you in a certain direction in certain zones would be cool, especially if it had an effect on aircraft. Imagine the walk to Regant's Legacy in a gale :D

netster
10-03-06, 15:42
reminds me to buy new WiFi-Speedspray!

Bullt
10-03-06, 17:18
Damm u jini (threadstarter), they took away snow! It’s snowing & cold as hell still here and now all you lot cant share that experience anymore… :lol: