PDA

View Full Version : Soullight gain idea

cRazy-
04-03-06, 00:03
I cant imagine this being so easy to impliment as other ideas.

How about when your shooting enemies you gain Soullight at a higher rate of say 10-20% faster while fighting enemies.

No real change or difference in this idea, but it holds the same concept of killing enemies, so why not gain a bit more soullight by fighting against them too, regardless if you get the extra 5 SL or whatever it is by finishing them off.

elGringo
04-03-06, 00:13
have a closer look at your idea again please... I cant believe you really think this is gonna be any good at all. 8| :rolleyes:

cRazy-
04-03-06, 00:15
I dont im just fustrated about waiting for my SL :( ecspecially when newbies run infront of my gun.

Dogface
04-03-06, 00:41
Everyone would be at 100SL constantly, just because of the amount of PPUs around :p

cRazy-
04-03-06, 01:14
Well people would still be at there usual SL levels, its only an extra 10-20% of the normal SL regeneration speed which is still fairly slow.

elGringo
04-03-06, 01:55
Well people would still be at there usual SL levels, its only an extra 10-20% of the normal SL regeneration speed which is still fairly slow.

Still .. very easy to abuse. My suggestion would be to change "hunting ground" zonerules.

Ally = -SL, -FS, -Target FS
Neutral = -SL, -Target FS
Hostile = nada .. maybe up to -5 SL

Zheo
04-03-06, 07:13
Soul light how i looth thee.

How about, both city's have all factions in that city as allies, then:

Killing ally = -50 sl, -20 symp.
Killing Neutral = -5 symp.
Killing enemy = +5 sl, +5 symp.

In areas such as city sector. This'd be great for city mercs i might add...

SorkZmok
04-03-06, 15:50
Have KK ever said there's gonna be another SL change coming up? I really can't be arsed to search for that now.

Because i'm pretty pissed atm, my 3 main pvp characters are all stuck with negative SL.
One because he's in fetish, so that's ok somehow because i don't care about that chars SL.
Another one is stuck in CM with -50 SL thanks to shitty zone rules and there's no way to raise it other than sitting it out in TH.
And the 3rd one is my mars tank who now got -71 SL and went from +60 to -89 crahn symp for killing 3 people in a Jones leveling cave because they kept hiding in there everytime i had em on low health. So i went in and ganked em. :(

The SL system is complete wank now, the old one was a lot better.

And i don't really like that idea, it's way too exploitable and still just a workaround for a broken SL system instead of a fix.

unreal
04-03-06, 16:09
Indeed Kapow, but no matter what happens, people are always going to have a "SL whore" to get their 100SL back from, which is pretty unfair. How fast they can do this just depends on the SL rules that are applied. As it stands at the moment, someone kills someone, loses all their SL, they just go and whore their SL back to 100 within minutes either off their friends SL whore character or some NPC's then return. It defeats the entire point of SL, and as far as I can see, there's not really any official way to stop it apart from perhaps logging the date/name/rank/faction of both the person being killed and the person(s) doing the killing, or making GM's hug the known symp whore spots (like Pepper 3 or Industrial). It should be pretty obvious by the quick spam of deaths by the same person(s) that someone is using a SL whore.

Then there's the alternative of course, try and come up with a way to solve it, this one is a tricky one though, because no matter what happens, there will probably be ways for people to exploit the system.

I like the number 5's in the SL system though, but for someone who does the things above (we've probably all SL whored off an enemy NPC by now), it makes it entirely pathetic.

Edit:
The whole sympathy thing is what's annoying me more at the moment, you get no sympathy with other factions for killing runners, yet you still lose sympathy for killing neutrals and such. That's no big deal, until you realise how much sympathy gets instantly wiped away.

Killed toilet-duck tank (ally, that was trying to say I shot him first, when he was the one shooting me when he was collecting an enemy belt for them) when he tried killing me while hacking, he was stupid enough to run into J01 where I could kill him only losing about 30SL or so and some symp, rather than all my SL.

I can't remember exactly how much CA sympathy I had to begin with, it's been quite a while since I've done any missions, but I would guess I had at least 70 or 80, and now I have 20-30ish CA symp after one kill. If I had killed him a few times, or just once in a City Sector, my CA sympathy would be extremely screwed, and I'd have no way to get it back up without idling for a year...

SorkZmok
04-03-06, 16:41
The harsh symp loss wouldnt bother me that much if there actually was a way to get it up again besides either sitting it out for ages or running those completely shitty missions from th. :rolleyes:

Matthew.v.smith
05-03-06, 13:52
I think it's clear now that Soullight is one of those things that will probably never
be right, removing it alltogether seems the only logical thing to do, getting 100 SL is nice sure, but losing it from one kill and being unable to do anything just sucks, people still exploit it too, I see certain individuals happily hacking belts on CM characters in MB, happy in the knowledge that they wont be attacked because..

1) You lose a shit load of SL from killing them
2) They can just run back again as many times as they like and continue hacking

SL is and will always be bugged, it's simply not logically fixable without some other aspect of it going awry.

Remove tbfh.

M.