PDA

View Full Version : idea of teh day: flavored MOVEONs

mdares
03-03-06, 20:58
ok so teh current moveon has stats as follows:

M-C+6 H-C+6 STR+3 TRA+6 FOR+8
HLT+18 CON+3

I propose we give different flavors to the moveon depending on the class that finishes teh epic; as in if a tank or PE does it, he/she/it will be receiving the current one. but if a spy does the epic, the spy would get:

P-C+6 R-C+6 DEX+3 AGI+6 T-C+8
HLT+18 CON+3

and a monk would get:

APU+6 PPU+6 PSI+3 PPW+6 MST+8
HLT+18 CON+3

---

or u can change the second line to something like this for spies:

P-C+6 R-C+6 DEX+3 AGI+6 T-C+8
WPL+18 INT+3

and this for monks:

PSU+18 INT+3

---

there would be no class reqs so anyone can use the imps for new possibilities in setups ^_^

anyway this is just so that the "mini-marine" aka the moveon would have other firends of the same lvl, the "mini-sf" and "mini-psicore".

ok flame to ur heart's content now guys.

gamefreak
03-03-06, 21:15
kk, let s give the crahn gauntlet +50 pistol/rifle etc. then

Brammers
03-03-06, 21:16
No flames, I like the idea, but it's a tricky one to make it work properly.

PSU+18 INT+3

For a pure capped APU/PPU monk setup, the APU or PPU bonus wouldn't help that much, as a PSI Attack 2 gives +10 APU. (Assuming a DS, PSI core, Attack 2,Attack 3 setup here)

However the hybrids would love this chip, but I'm worried it would tip the balance too much.

Tsukasa
03-03-06, 21:19
sure you like it because it makes you more powerful ^_^

LiL T
03-03-06, 21:49
PE moveon something like this please kk ^_^

PSI +5 DEX -5 Body HLT +9

I like this idea, though the monk one you ask for would have to first wait till they solve some of the problems they already have. It would also have to gimp something else for such a boost to PPU and APU, I'd love to be able to cast BR3 /HAZ1/HEAT1 by using a chip for instance. Things like this would be good for the game I think, provided they don't overpower something.

/edit also on my mind

Tanks need a boost, what I think they should give them is a lower TL shelter but not as good as a TL25. I also think the tanks should be able to use special bone implants replacing the gamma bones. These bones could allow them to move more freely with there cannons, like the rifle run speed nerf ever so slight. Instead of total gimpage, come on tanks are the easyest people to kill these days there so fat and slow. If people think there fast they should learn to aim better, there painfully slow :(

Bigger CS clip sizes FTW also.

Apshai
03-03-06, 22:07
but if a spy does the epic, the spy would get:
P-C+6 R-C+6 DEX+3 AGI+6 T-C+8 HLT+18 CON+3

no thanks

Apshai
03-03-06, 22:10
kk, let s give the crahn gauntlet +50 pistol/rifle etc. then

yes and dont forget the 75 tc

IceStorm
03-03-06, 23:24
Spies and PEs don't need a "mini marine" for their respective combat specializations. They already have tons of chips that give +INT/+DEX/+PC/+RC/+TC.

Tanks only have one +STR chip available outside Marine/Herc/MOVEON and it doesn't provide +HC. For them, MOVEON's a must-have and fills a void in the imp lineup.

Monks don't need a "mini Psi Core". Having one would be KK admitting that Hybrids are a good idea, when they clearly don't think so.

Ung.Tee
04-03-06, 02:34
Yay we need more Hybrid Powaaa!!! :eek:

Just gay ... tbh

Dromidas
04-03-06, 04:57
If they did that then you'd need to have class requirements listed on the item.. can make classes a little overpowered otherwise..

unreal
04-03-06, 05:22
Like the idea, but the bonuses and defects need to be chosen wisely, along with the requirements, and of course, how to implement it. For monks it's a tricky one, not sure of what could happen there... monks don't really need the boost to psi, unless they're stupid enough to use PA4, or unless they're a hybrid; and if they are a hybrid, you can't really give them that many bonuses because it will overpower them even more.

A Spy or PE only moveon that boosts psi and takes away dext is nice... would give a few more varieties in the setup choice. A spy that can damage boost without needing to use crappy fast wearing drugs... albeit requiring a PPU for the psi 3 buff... and possibly be able to get better % on shelter... sex.

Forced aim reticle on monks for the win, plus damage nerf!

onero S
04-03-06, 08:43
No flames, I like the idea, but it's a tricky one to make it work properly.

For a pure capped APU/PPU monk setup, the APU or PPU bonus wouldn't help that much, as a PSI Attack 2 gives +10 APU. (Assuming a DS, PSI core, Attack 2,Attack 3 setup here)

However the hybrids would love this chip, but I'm worried it would tip the balance too much.

Hmm crunching numbers, I don't THINK that that chip would overpower hybrid builds. Apu hybrids still couldn't get to blessed, and blessed hybrids also couldn't get anything new, it would give a very very small stat bonus to a hyb, however there could be somthing I missed.

mdares
04-03-06, 09:22
heh believe me i know the dangers in the implementation of teh imps, especially teh monk one. but i just thought i'd toss it out there anyway just cuz im bored.

and directly for teh monk problem, all it would give to hybs would be more pool as the point difference wont be enough to get hybs to blessed heal and really in essence WONT do much for hybs as u can get better setups utilizing psi attack 3s, etc.

personnally i think the psi version of the chip would actually do MORE for other classes; well ok mainly PEs =p

IceStorm
04-03-06, 10:17
Apu hybrids still couldn't get to blessed, and blessed hybrids also couldn't get anything new, it would give a very very small stat bonus to a hyb, however there could be somthing I missed.It makes them far easier to build. Most Hybrids, to my knowledge, really need a Dimension Splitter to complete the package. Having a mini Psi Core substitute would in all likelyhood put things out of whack.

ZoVoS
04-03-06, 16:43
*drools*

my hyb would be totaly invincable with that lil boost =P FWAR

but no i dun like the idea... makes tanks even more of the poor relative... ill show u a few setups on skillmanager to explain why now (ill just have to write the chips into the xml so gimmi a min)