PDA

View Full Version : Question about leveling

Frasse
03-03-06, 09:06
When lvl 14/22 i did alot of res missions at BT HQ to get fsm .
After that i was 14/25 .Now i lomed away 50 res and put it into wep and barter ,lost 1 lvl INT.Combat rating went down to 1 ,but recovered to 14 after a few kills.
Next day i logged on my combat lvl was down to 10.Ok .... a few kills .... up to 14 again.and here the strange things begins . Relogging,down to 10 every time.So i moved on to killing mutant warriors 22/22 to get up my combat rating quicker (thinking maybe higher kills will hurry up the leveling).
Well , got 1 lvl in every basic skill since,but still 11 in combat.
my stats
INT 35 , DEX 36 , STR 22 , CON 23
WEP 66 , R-C 71 , T-C 61 , AGL 55
and 350K credz from looting bone implants :)
Question : Why am i still at 11 combat ..... should be atleast at 16 imo

xyl_az
03-03-06, 10:17
combat rating is dynamic, it depends on your actual, activated weapon stats + your skills for that weapon. After capping dmg/freq on one weapon your rank wont go higher untill you find a weapon with higher TL and raise your combat skills again.

basically, combat rank should go down each time you hoster your weapon, but its kinda bugged so sometimes it may go down, sometimes not (relogging/zonning are additional issues which may cause your combat rank to go down).

But when you activate your weapon your combat rank will go up and its the highest value you can get. Depends on the weapon itself (stats, tl) and your combat skills (eg. r-c and weapon lore for rifles, p-c and wep for pistols etc)

Frasse
03-03-06, 11:00
mhh ,makes sense .... but
this would mean ,i was at lvl 14 .... capped my rifle after putting some XP into
weaponskills and go down to lvl 11 ( now this don't make sense to me)
if i continue with this weapon i will go down even more after getting more XP
in my skills .... lol
fact is , nothing wrong with performance of rifle .... it's just a matter of
how stats look to other .... lesser noob (or more respected) with say 16/25 then 10/25 ..... :D
will do a verify with my second ( higher tl rifle) ... stats should go up then ,if i got this right

cMz
03-03-06, 11:43
You should not put more that the req in to T-C. It wont help anything on weapons other than HackNet Attack modules.

T-C is only a requirement to use the weapon. If you "only" have R-C 71, you would not need any more than 32 in T-C to use the Tangent substandard Pulselaser rifle.

Try looking at nc.synergyxr.net or www.sheriff-hardy.de to find out how much T-C you need, and dont go any higher than that.

Riddle
03-03-06, 12:14
Look on the bright side if your combat rank is high you get bugger all XP from mobs or loot!

By using the highest TL weapon you can and getting it player made you might see an increase in it.

I used to deliberately use a lower TL weapon to get XP from lv 50 mobs in el-Farid as it lowered my combat rank to within theirs, if i used my all singing all dancing weapons i was some 20 levels higher! so bugger all XP

Frasse
03-03-06, 12:42
ahh ,let me see if i got this right
to "show off ... higher combat rank" i put in a high tl weapon (selfmade Substandard Pulselaser ), to make easy XP on mobs in my range i use the lower one ( selfmade advanced B1 ... doing actually more damage then the laser ,but lowering my rank)...or do i have to consider an eventually cap ?
and thanks for the tip on T-C ,don't have to care about that skill for a while :)

xyl_az
03-03-06, 13:13
the point is, if ur combat rank is lower than mob combat rank you will get full xp (mob is "red" to you), the closer your combat rank is to mob combat rank, the less money and exp you will get up to the point where your combat rank is high enough that you wont get anything from mob. red, yellow, green are the colors here, if u want to be getting full exp & money - hunt "red" monsters.

but there is another side of it - the higher TL weapon u are using, the more XP you will get. The higher are your skills with such weapon (means more dmg %, up to 178%), the more exp you will get.

So if u want to lvl faster, you need to use as high TL weapon as possible and change it frequently as your dex lvl increase, but also you need to invest alot in r-c and wepon lore to be able to use them effectively and doing more damage.

Total weapon's damage depends on its TL. So if u have enough r-c to cap it (once again, cap is 178% in damage stat, check it) it will always do more damage than lower TL weapon.