PDA

View Full Version : @KK staff - How often do you login?

Spermy
02-03-06, 16:23
How often do you guys log into neocron? Even if it's for testing purposes? Not a flame, I just wonder sometimes if you guys ever get to sit back and enjoy what you created.

I know of one guy who is no longer part of the team, but he doesn't log in so much these days. It's always a laugh when he does though, seeing all the stuff and learning interesting stories behind it.

So - How many and how often? :)

Apocalypsox
02-03-06, 17:18
Come on guys id like to know too :)

Pantho
02-03-06, 17:48
Me to

/signed,

Logan_storm_03
02-03-06, 17:50
Prehaps its like cooking?

Where you spend ages crafting up the feast, then you dont fancy any of it? :p

cRazy-
02-03-06, 18:12
Prehaps its like cooking?

Where you spend ages crafting up the feast, then you dont fancy any of it? :p

Ive never experienced that before, usually when ive made some food if anyone comes towards it i'll growl and shout 'MINE!'

Tratos
02-03-06, 18:37
Ive never experienced that before, usually when ive made some food if anyone comes towards it i'll growl and shout 'MINE!'
Same here.

To expand on Spermy's point how many naturally capped chars (no GM haxx0rz) do you KK guys have :p

Thats a yes to the main point btw, lol

PepsiPlayer
02-03-06, 18:46
I'd be interested too.

Dr J Zoidberg
02-03-06, 18:47
Same here.

To expand on Spermy's point how many naturally capped chars (no GM haxx0rz) do you KK guys have :p

Yes I am curious to that too...

Support GM's may have but the "main" gm's

and /signed also

-Z

Anthaxinator
02-03-06, 18:58
Yes I am curious to that too...

Support GM's may have but the "main" gm's

and /signed also

-Z You mean devs?

Dr J Zoidberg
02-03-06, 19:00
well, the more well known GM's (ones that browse the forums more often)

-Z

Anthaxinator
02-03-06, 19:14
I think by deffinition, a GameMaster is someone who manages stuff in-game

Scaramanga
02-03-06, 19:36
Not asking for any in game names/clans etc, but it would be interesting to hear how often you were in game. Or is there a secret test server that we don't know about and you guys are all hopping around in Jet packs and Mechs fighting Neotokyo?

nobby
02-03-06, 19:52
To be Honest...
Wouldn't KK feel bored to play the Same game which they work on everyday?

Tratos
02-03-06, 20:00
Not asking for any in game names/clans etc, but it would be interesting to hear how often you were in game. Or is there a secret test server that we don't know about and you guys are all hopping around in Jet packs and Mechs fighting Neotokyo?
From space.

I see where you're coming from nobby but i think it was Dirus who said when he does play he tries to get one of each item or something to that effect, i imagine the coding guys would get more joy outof it as altough they know how it works they dont sit looking at the front end of it all day.

Skusty
02-03-06, 20:04
Once when i was in nc in my app, a gm appeared infront of my saying that he has ben looking at me for 5mins. :lol: God i allmost crapped my pants. :p

Heretic_
02-03-06, 22:54
I log in to check my stockx daily. Somehow I am really good at investing, I must have the midas touch or something...
I also enjoy my biblical mission to find 2 creatures of each kind and kill them.
But I'm afraid to admit I don't spook around other peoples appartments, neither do I spend hours staring at you from safe invisibility, guess I'm a weirdo...

LiL T
02-03-06, 23:35
If I was a Dev working on some game, in my spare time I'd check to see how things are working. I'd see if epics and missions can be easly done and are working correctly, if they were to easy I'd make them harder :lol:. I'd also see what people are doing in my game, and look for reasons why people stand around doing nothing in plaza, then work out ways to get them out of it.

Something I'm sure KK does not do enough of....

Zheo
02-03-06, 23:54
I'd "shadow" people i think are hackers/exploites and see if i could catch them in the act. And as Lil T said test the game baiscally, I'd do every epic, then all the other side missions etc. Also point of note X-stock doesnt work for me :D

Paper Dragon
02-03-06, 23:57
Something I'm sure KK does not do enough of....

Become a GM, then everything can be done right first time.

Not that KK can't improve, but it isn't as blissfully easy to do as ignorance might suggest.

cRazy-
03-03-06, 00:25
Not that KK can't improve, but it isn't as blissfully easy to do as ignorance might suggest.

Finally someone see's sense.

Scaramanga
03-03-06, 00:33
Once when i was in nc in my app, a gm appeared infront of my saying that he has ben looking at me for 5mins. :lol: God i allmost crapped my pants. :p

If I was a GM I'd do that everyday. (for a giggle, not cause I'm wierd).

On a sidenote, If i find errrors in epic scripts, NPC placements etc who do i send them to? Feel free to reply via PM.

Edit @ Zheo;

This is in no way to take your comment out of context, whenever I have reported exploiters in MC5 (numerous ocassions) there has been a GM there pretty fast and sorted it out competently.

LiL T
03-03-06, 00:35
Become a GM, then everything can be done right first time.

There are thousands of ideas posted on this forum on how to make use of places in the game world and fun little extras. There are also posts of OMG Crahn epic is teh impossible !!! point is people test stuff and when it does not work or is shit poorly done they post about it. But does it ever get fixed in a reasonble ammount of time ?

=/

I'm tired need sleep

retr0n
03-03-06, 00:40
']But I'm afraid to admit I don't spook around other peoples appartments, neither do I spend hours staring at you from safe invisibility, guess I'm a weirdo...

I guess it's like having x-ray vision and staring into the girls dressingroom, only you
don't have x-ray vision, your invisible, and it's not a girls dressingroom, it's a bunch
of morons running around yelling 'noob' & 'pawned'. Just not the same.

Morganth
03-03-06, 00:54
Talking about GMs scaring you, I reported something whilst standing on the Jeriko hackroom roof once, and the GM ported to me and made me jump so badly my headset came off, lol.

At least in Neocron you get to actually see GMs/Developers ingame, in WoW you don't see anything, as the ticket system has a web-based back end that they use to answer stuff, and any GMs that come ingame are just mule characters wearing some shat tabard, and they never actually make a physical (well, virtual technically :rolleyes: ) appearance.

Apocalypsox
03-03-06, 01:11
Lol ^^ ONE GM!!! KEEP EM COMING! and its good to know im not the only one that spends his time on the stockmarket in nc (Its only worth it if you invest rather large sums because the amounts vary so little.)

Bishop Yutani
03-03-06, 01:15
seriously, guys, i dont mean to rain on your parade, but unless you had a hardon for this game, you would not be spending your spare time playing in it if you spent 8+ hours a day working for it.

KK devs spend their off time doing things other than neocron

Dogface
03-03-06, 01:47
seriously, guys, i dont mean to rain on your parade, but unless you had a hardon for this game, you would not be spending your spare time playing in it if you spent 8+ hours a day working for it.

KK devs spend their off time doing things other than neocron

No one said they did =/

Anyway, they might have hardons for this game :p

I would imagine working on the game and playing it like we do would be quite different experiences.. They'd be absolute fools for not playing it.

Extremer
03-03-06, 02:04
What a dumb freakin question hehe, Imagine it would be like playing the Sims... then using a Trainer and getting 8 Gezillion Million Credits.. Buying and Building EVERYTHING... have superhuman uber powers, and then think... ohhh good.. i really like this, i think im gonna login EVERY day and spend some time.. doing... errm... something... i kinda havent done.. 800 times already...kinda..... hehe... guys ffs.. its a JOB! everything work related gets Repetitive and boring.. and i bet ya sorry ass, they have the same oppinion... Betcha not in public.. but they are bored of the game, i will bet my money on it... Sheesh you need to get out more. :p

DetectiveKimble
03-03-06, 02:50
I want someone to say "Yeah i logged in and fought at the MB zone line for a few hours and now i'm afk in tech haven".

Apocalypsox
03-03-06, 04:06
Lol Kimble thats a great one :D

Mr Kot
03-03-06, 18:46
Once when i was in nc in my app, a gm appeared infront of my saying that he has ben looking at me for 5mins. :lol: God i allmost crapped my pants. :pWhy? What were you doing? :p

Morganth
03-03-06, 19:21
What a dumb freakin question hehe, Imagine it would be like playing the Sims... then using a Trainer and getting 8 Gezillion Million Credits.. Buying and Building EVERYTHING... have superhuman uber powers, and then think... ohhh good.. i really like this, i think im gonna login EVERY day and spend some time.. doing... errm... something... i kinda havent done.. 800 times already...kinda..... hehe... guys ffs.. its a JOB! everything work related gets Repetitive and boring.. and i bet ya sorry ass, they have the same oppinion... Betcha not in public.. but they are bored of the game, i will bet my money on it... Sheesh you need to get out more. :p

Shame only a few GMs have that kind of control now :p

Making a public appearance would get boring after a while anyway, not only for the GM but the players too. I remember in NC1 when a GM would appear out of nowhere and start running around P2 as a Roach (or similar), and people would start following him/her. If GMs were visible all the time, they'd lose their "wow" factor, and I'm pretty sure they don't want to get bombarded with the standard questions concerning future patches etc.

GMs also get bored of handling tickets, thats why they use an alternate account to, say, run a clan with ;)

netster
03-03-06, 19:23
same happend to me too ... he was looking at me on mars (back in nc1),watching me sorting the clan cabs ... lol
when i remember correctly he synced with me into the clan cab, but he wanted to look for someone else ... scary shit ;)
*no stealth_unstealther.exe lolz*

Nidhogg
03-03-06, 20:11
I'm not a dev, nor technically am I a GM (unless there's a rush on) but I like to hang around in-game and keep an eye on things. I'm online as I type so I could be watching yoooooou. ;)

N

Tratos
03-03-06, 20:17
You've been alsorts, lol

mod
lead mod
inter server watch gm
community liason

Did i miss anything? :p plus in the sence of "dev" to the majority of the community you are one since anyone with a storm bot avatar seems to fall into the category.

*hides from nid in game*

Spermy
03-03-06, 22:58
You've been alsorts, lol

mod
lead mod
inter server watch gm
community liason

Did i miss anything? :p plus in the sence of "dev" to the majority of the community you are one since anyone with a storm bot avatar seems to fall into the category.

*hides from nid in game*

Heh - niddy is KK's Bitch :p

Skusty
03-03-06, 23:05
Why? What were you doing? :p
Was taking a snack and waiting for SI to run since i died and watched some tv at the sametime. :p

SorkZmok
03-03-06, 23:20
I really doubt any KK really plays this game. They should actually get some people who really play and talk to them about changes to be made.

Just as an example: Putting a Jones mission cave right next to the pp3 genrep.
Most stupid thing ever. Doy ppl gr in, then hide in there. Or just fight in pp3 and on low health synch in there. I just went from 100 sl to -73 and from 50 crahn symp to -89 for killing 3 assholes in there. Funny shit.

The whole SL system is so much worse than it ever was. :mad:

elGringo
03-03-06, 23:57
Just as an example: Putting a Jones mission cave right next to the pp3 genrep.
Most stupid thing ever. Doy ppl gr in, then hide in there. Or just fight in pp3 and on low health synch in there. I just went from 100 sl to -73 and from 50 crahn symp to -89 for killing 3 assholes in there. Funny shit.

The jones locations were patched in long before the sl/fs changes ...anyway, I'm sure you'll find plenty of other stuff to rant about :)

Dirus
04-03-06, 04:56
I think it was Dirus who said when he does play he tries to get one of each item or something to that effect, i imagine the coding guys would get more joy outof it as altough they know how it works they dont sit looking at the front end of it all day.

I have 1 PvP char, and 3 Tradeskillers so 75% of the time I'm more into just the Tradeskill/Collector aspect of the game, tho I do PvP quite often. :)

But yeah, at the end of NC1 I had basically 1 of every item (cabinets full of parts), 255 copies of every BP ingame, and had started working on my collection of 5 Slot items. I could have supplied a couple large clans :p

The amount of time I play varies, sometimes after spending hrs working on something I don't exactly have the greatest desire to login and play.

It's also hard being able to play at times, since because part of the job it is to make sure no one is doing something they shouldn't theres alot of times when you're forced to log out and log in as your GM char.

']I log in to check my stockx daily. Somehow I am really good at investing, I must have the midas touch or something.....

That or the Chocolate touch and a Fluffeh Bunneh within distance of being able to smell it :p

jini
04-03-06, 07:17
I'm not a dev, nor technically am I a GM (unless there's a rush on) but I like to hang around in-game and keep an eye on things. I'm online as I type so I could be watching yoooooou. ;)

N
keeping an eye on things is good, but watching someone in particular is not elegant nor is classy. I doubt you do it, but if I was you I wouldnt even claim saying this

@ Dirus: never thought you were so old Dirus. Who is our alt and which server were you on?

MrTrip
04-03-06, 08:23
@ Dirus: never thought you were so old Dirus. Who is our alt and which server were you on?

He can't release that information....o_O unless hes feeling pretty.

Apocalypsox
04-03-06, 09:16
ROFL i can see Dirius singing the "I feel Pretty" song :lol: i think im gonna fall over laughing

(im sorry Dir i couldnt resist :D we all <3 you)

Nidhogg
04-03-06, 15:53
keeping an eye on things is good, but watching someone in particular is not elegant nor is classy. I doubt you do it, but if I was you I wouldnt even claim saying this
I wouldn't claim to be either elegent or classy, but no, I usually just sit by one of the tables in TH or the bench in P1, places like that. ;)

N

Dogface
04-03-06, 16:40
Haha, Nid tradeskills to stay away from all the monks :lol:

You know it too ;)

Animated
04-03-06, 16:52
I remember when "S" (or was it "D"?) finally told me why you had to leave the clan. It was a secret, one I've kept for a while. ;)

I also remember our little reunion at the Saturn Beach Party, when we all sat on the beach with a drink or two.

Good times. :)

Spermy
04-03-06, 17:13
I wouldn't claim to be either elegent or classy, but no, I usually just sit by one of the tables in TH or the bench in P1, places like that. ;)

N

You weren't that stealth spy who told me to stop hiding were you? he was classless :p

Skusty
04-03-06, 17:26
Kk should have people that have regulair accounts that joins clans etc and looks for stuff that they can improve, kinda like insider spies.

Dirus
04-03-06, 20:44

I was Lupus before I changed my name to Dirus. So yeah I've been around for a while. I'm not a beta vet, since I started playing the first week of retail.

Back in NC1 I played mainly on Saturn and Uranus. As for who my chars were.. Guess you'll never know.

He can't release that information....o_O unless hes feeling pretty.

Nothing says I can't, the choice is always ours. I'm not worried about people hunting me down all the time just because of who i am. I'm more or less not interested in having 90% of the server on ignore due to constant DM's. Plus I like my clan so I'm not about to screw anything up there by having everyone else claim they get favored more then them. No one in my clan knows who I am so :p

ROFL i can see Dirius singing the "I feel Pretty" song :lol: i think im gonna fall over laughing

(im sorry Dir i couldnt resist :D we all <3 you)

I don't sing at all.

Tratos
04-03-06, 21:03
No one in my clan knows who I am so :p
Sneaky bugger :p

Do all the S and E GMs have forum accounts still? as im quite suprised we havnt seen more devs/kk/gms in here, there used to be a much bigger GM presence on the forums a couple years ago although that might be because they're all in game which is a good thing, lol.

Lodar
05-03-06, 01:27
Sneaky bugger :p

Do all the S and E GMs have forum accounts still? as im quite suprised we havnt seen more devs/kk/gms in here, there used to be a much bigger GM presence on the forums a couple years ago although that might be because they're all in game which is a good thing, lol.

GM's are too busy ingame to be faffing about on the forums! :p

Morganth
09-03-06, 23:18
It's also hard being able to play at times, since because part of the job it is to make sure no one is doing something they shouldn't theres alot of times when you're forced to log out and log in as your GM char.

Sounds like you weren't doing your job (collective GM team that is, not you personally Dirus) very well then, because a lot of people were doing things they shouldn't have been and having things they shouldn't have had since Beta, and out of the three things I'd consider large "crimes" for people to be doing, the detection of one could be boycotted with a macro, the second required you to have access to it, and the third as far as I am aware is still usable.

But you don't need to be told how to do your jobs, as I'm sure you've been reminded so many times how well NC hass been flourishing since it was first conceived :rolleyes:

MeWhiteWolf
13-03-06, 09:24
lol holy crap i never realised that Lupus = Dirus,
thought there were 2 interested in balance..... :angel:
just one that had gone awol 8|

jini
13-03-06, 10:30
I was Lupus before I changed my name to Dirus. So yeah I've been around for a while. I'm not a beta vet, since I started playing the first week of retail.

HAHAHA nice one matey :D so, you are Lupus huh :) nice one, I could have never imagined that. Nice promotion too by the way. Keep up the good work

Bugs Gunny
13-03-06, 10:42
I'm more or less not interested in having 90% of the server on ignore due to constant DM's. Plus I like my clan so I'm not about to screw anything up there by having everyone else claim they get favored more then them. No one in my clan knows who I am so :p

Yeah, it would suck if people knew that you are the most evil of them all in FETISH wouldn't it?

EDIT: OOOPS.....

jini
13-03-06, 10:45
Imagine the following equation: Lupus(the old)=Dirus(the new)=Bugs :lol:

sl33py
13-03-06, 15:06
In my old days I logged in almlost daily I had a wide variety of chars, my last project is an apu monk I just need to log in more often, I find myself playing less then before. Real life gets in the way quiet often.

CHA0S
13-03-06, 16:43
I dont see why the GM's, Mods, Devs dont comeout and play with their char and join in on the fun of hunting killing etc etc within a clan.

Like Lodar goes and joins FETISH for 1 week but turn himself into a standard char PE,MONK,TANK,SPY(capped im sure they would prefer)
but with:-
no self made 5 slots
no "god" mode
no other available GM "tools"
All the above for a bit of community love

OR

Could auction a GM to a clan (minus his power lol ;) ) to take part in clan ops and stuff
Just some ideas

regards

Chaos

Spermy
13-03-06, 16:47
I dont see why the GM's, Mods, Devs dont comeout and play with their char and join in on the fun of hunting killing etc etc within a clan.

Like Lodar goes and joins FETISH for 1 week but turn himself into a standard char PE,MONK,TANK,SPY(capped im sure they would prefer)
but with:-
no self made 5 slots
no "god" mode
no other available GM "tools"
All the above for a bit of community love

OR

Could auction a GM to a clan (minus his power lol ;) ) to take part in clan ops and stuff
Just some ideas

regards

Chaos

A lot already do ;)

Bugs Gunny
13-03-06, 16:50
Even though most gms are very nice and helpfull people, i wouldn't want 90% of them to pvp alongside me... Most are what you might call "pvp challenged".

Hell-demon
13-03-06, 17:16
agree with Bugs :D

Even I could pwn them

CHA0S
13-03-06, 17:18
dogtag of the GM's a few credits

dogtag of the DEV's PRICELESS (prefer a trophy or a head mounted on a wall)

Bugs Gunny
13-03-06, 17:22
Dogtag of a dev pwned while he went into a FRE is probably worth 2 woc 5 capped accounts :angel:

Lodar
13-03-06, 17:50

Like Lodar goes and joins FETISH for 1 week

I'd love to join FETISH but I wouldn't want to show Bugs up! ;)

Bugs Gunny
13-03-06, 17:54
:-)

Actualy most of the guys in fetish beat me all the time.
I'm in effect the "face" of fetish, so when we show up the "enemies" all shoot me, and i'm litteraly turned into a living shield for the clanmembers who then get the chance to take down people. I usualy end up dead, getting repoked while they count their dogtags.

Personaly i think this is the best excuse i've ever made up for possibly getting my ass kicked in pvp.....

Oh and Lodar, we'd love to fight a gm some time.

Preach
13-03-06, 17:58
The last GM i fought killed me on my APU, it was such a stitch up, none of them could even aim then i got the one who could. However it was his second go after he 'forgot' to turn godmode off whilst i pwned him and he only landed about 2 hits from his slasher

Lodar
13-03-06, 18:03
Oh and Lodar, we'd love to fight a gm some time.

Well you'll get no such pleasure from me, as I myself don't have a GM char. :D

I'm sure there'll be another oppurtunity to fight teh GM's at some point in the future, the last GM PvP event was a good laugh as I remember.

CHA0S
13-03-06, 18:05
I'd love to join FETISH but I wouldn't want to show Bugs up! ;)

so any chance to make this an Event of some sort ie active clans who like to have a GM/DEV or MOD in clan to be put in one hat and the GM's DEV's and MOD's to be put in another hat

Im sure could be fun and a good laugh for all involved.
And of course have to setup some Rule'z and what not

Lodar
13-03-06, 18:09
so any chance to make this an Event of some sort ie active clans who like to have a GM/DEV or MOD in clan to be put in one hat and the GM's DEV's and MOD's to be put in another hat

Im sure could be fun and a good laugh for all involved.
And of course have to setup some Rule'z and what not

I personally think it would be a laugh, but then I'm not the right person to ask about such things. You could talk to the EGM team, but I wouldn't be too optimistic as such an event as it would probably cause more problems than it solved. Also, GMs actually have work to do - its not all fun and games! :p

CHA0S
13-03-06, 18:13
.....edited for reasons #14432

Trillian
13-03-06, 18:54
Back in NC1 I played mainly on Saturn and Uranus. As for who my chars were.. Guess you'll never know.

Omg.. you played on saturn? That explains so much :(

Dirus
14-03-06, 03:01
Omg.. you played on saturn? That explains so much :(

Yeah that probably explians why I used to kill a couple of Pluto's more famous PPU's with a Crahn Holy Fire Halo whenever I'd mess with the players in Neofrag :D

sanityislost
14-03-06, 03:11
Yeah that probably explians why I used to kill a couple of Pluto's more famous PPU's with a Crahn Holy Fire Halo whenever I'd mess with the players in Neofrag :D

*slap* We fight at dawn!...tho bring your own wep, i only have a junk knife :D

SiL ..:..

Dirus
14-03-06, 03:13
*slap* We fight at dawn!...tho bring your own wep, i only have a junk knife :D

I'll bring my pet.. he can fight for me while I run around laughing :)

sanityislost
14-03-06, 03:15

hahaha, kinky :D

Dribble Joy
14-03-06, 03:19
You and your lil' bastids.

Dirus
14-03-06, 03:30
You and your lil' bastids.

Speaking of.. I havent taken him for a walk since the "no 1 hit kill" rule was removed form NPC's..

*wanders off to Terra*

Dribble Joy
14-03-06, 03:32
Set one loose in TH, that would be funny as hell :p.

sanityislost
14-03-06, 03:33
hahaha yea, would rock!

jini
14-03-06, 08:41
Speaking of.. I havent taken him for a walk since the "no 1 hit kill" rule was removed form NPC's..

*wanders off to Terra*
hahahaha yea indeed rofl :D:D

any hint where you taking him?

Bugs Gunny
14-03-06, 14:11

*wanders off to Terra*

If i get one on my ass, i'm reporting you for griefing.
Oh and i loved that saturn-pluto comment :D

CMaster
14-03-06, 14:29

*wanders off to Terra*

You do realise it was removed (albeit probably unitentionally) for players as well? Hence the kami drone problem (and people with crap force vs SH).

Anyway, I've seen Lil Bs around since then - dunno whether you are awarem but Phase takes your pet out for a walk from time to time. The line of devestation it leaves behind is funny, although last time I saw them, the Apparition probably racked up more kills than the Lil b.

jini
14-03-06, 17:07
I remember when he let the lil bastard once out in cyc, near the Hill where the GR is. It was fun.

Dogface
14-03-06, 18:37
What pet thing, someone explain please ! :confused:

Tratos
14-03-06, 18:52
What pet thing, someone explain please ! :confused:
That would be telling - its more fun to find it out in the waste when it escapes from Dirus ;)

elGringo
14-03-06, 19:52
You do realise it was removed (albeit probably unitentionally) for players as well? Hence the kami drone problem (and people with crap force vs SH).

You are (partially) right AND wrong here.

kami = drone = NPC ..although its tied to a player. Afaik all drones would be able to 1shot kill .. its only them kamis doing enough dmg tho.

Some other weapons that do "1 shot kills" actually fire a few shots at once...