PDA

View Full Version : psi monk question

zii
02-03-06, 05:45
What would happen if PSI monks had CON 10 instead of 20, and the HH was removed but the Blessed Heal would have the same effect as a HH when self cast and the same effect as a Blessed Heal when foreign cast?

Would this make things better, or worse, or unchanged?

onero S
02-03-06, 05:47
What would happen if PSI monks had CON 10 instead of 20, and the HH was removed but the Blessed Heal would have the same effect as a HH when self cast and the same effect as a Blessed Heal when foreign cast?

Would this make things better, or worse, or unchanged?

monks have 45 con not 20, and it wouldn't change things that much, apu/ppu teams would still be the best for op wars.

No, I am very interested in what Dirus comes up with as a solution.

zii
02-03-06, 05:48
Got CON confused with DEX.

Dirus
02-03-06, 05:51
1) You'd have alot of pissed off Monks as they all sit there having to redo their setups while no other class has to.

2) What skill do you suggest gets raised as a result of decreasing their Constitution cap?

onero S
02-03-06, 05:53
1) You'd have alot of pissed off Monks as they all sit there having to redo their setups while no other class has to.

2) What skill do you suggest gets raised as a result of decreasing their Constitution cap?

I'll take 20 con and 125 psi :D

Dirus
02-03-06, 05:54
I'll take 20 con and 125 psi :D

Err.. we don't monks running around with Holy Lightning and Holy Heal... k? :p

onero S
02-03-06, 05:57

not sure if I could do holy.... I could get blessed though which would rock.

But on a serious note, Changes in mechanics need to be made, not simple stat ajustments or things will be even more unbalanced. Dirus just some ideas, make of them what you will.

What if your natural con affected Forign cast s/d

Also I would love to see heal lasting a shorter time thus requiring more ppu skill to keep it on.

I would love to see some sort of a "cooldown" on para, if that is possible in game mechanics. Also I would ditch the turn speed nerf and decrease the duration.

Anyway just some ideas, they may or may not fit with your plans

eprodigy
02-03-06, 07:29
i think/thought the point of dirus and kk looking at the entire balance as a whole is to avoid continuing to just tweak things and hope it balances out...

Jagrfelm
02-03-06, 14:41
Well, if Psi-Monks really would have been created after their Story Description, they would look like the following:

100 INT
20 STR
20 CON
40 DEX
120 PSI

Pretty much PSI. 45 CON is pretty much also though.
Id suggest the following
100 INT
25 STR
30 CON
45 DEX
100 PSI

Would make them a bit stronger and faster, but definitely less resistant. If Monkarmor stays the Way it is now, that should even out Things at least a bit.

Skusty
02-03-06, 15:06
Thank god for that! :D

Pantho
02-03-06, 15:09
hmm 45 dex, lets say +5 from imps, 50 + 12 from shopbought drugs = 62

Wonder what guns they can use, shit wait, +7 from imps, so 64

Anthaxinator
02-03-06, 19:31
Err.. we don't monks running around with Holy Lightning and Holy Heal... k? :p i'm so close to making a HL/blessed shelter hyb that i'm almost crying. Just give me one more psi lvl :( :lol:

Dribble Joy
02-03-06, 19:40
Psi3 + PA swapping = HL/HH.

-FN-
02-03-06, 20:47
If Monkarmor stays the Way it is now, that should even out Things at least a bit.
Over half of the problem with the current game's balance is that there are armor's with different base requirements. Games where all armor is STR based are much more balanced on the Defense side of things than Neocron. I don't want NC to 'fall in line' and be the same as other games, but when there's a clear BALANCING issue - you just shouldn't screw with that.

All armor should be STR and/or CON based. Then if each class's STR/CON is appropriate, the armor should be close to balanced. You could bend it to DEX armor, but then by the nature of the armor (you need to be flexible, dextrous, to fit into it), you should LOSE dexterity or agility. You're only able to get into the armor in the first place because your DEX abilities allow you to slip into the thing.

Now INT required armor? Who the hell thought of that? "DURR I R NOT SMRT ENOUGH TO PUT THIS BELT ON.... ITS COMPLICATED!" - give me a break :rolleyes: The only time INT should be a req on armor is when the armor has some toggle-able technical ability. Turning stealth on/off. Turning a shelter-like tech enhancement on/off. But a plain-jane piece or armor you wear? STR based, with a possible DEX req.

I personally don't think PSI based armor shouldn't even exist. They have Shelter and Deflector for a reason.

Dribble Joy
02-03-06, 21:28
The problem though, is that given the current mainskill caps, the resultant defences will not reflect the offence/defence ratios of the classes. PA is one 'solution' but that then forces it's use.

I don't have a real problem with psi based armour, it's bonii can be altered anyway. As for S/D, well that's assuming all monks are teamed or self cast it, and that we want S/D to remain working the way it does now.