PDA

View Full Version : Idea to solve OP ninja hacking

cRazy-
01-03-06, 23:05
When a clan has an OP it cant be hacked by anyone, to take it over another clan must first declare a war on that OP, set time and date, once its accepted by both clans then for that period of time the OP is hackable, and if no war is declared within one week of the last war, or however long(or when the OP is taken) it becomes hackable and vunerable.

This could make OP wars much more epic, give people time to set dates, plan tactics and actions, and since big clans always keep saying 'we only ninja hack because you do', surely this would solve all problems :rolleyes:

capt-o
01-03-06, 23:08
A "playdate" for war? o_O

At least you live up to your name. :lol:

cRazy-
01-03-06, 23:15
Sure why not, some Gangs in places like New York used to do it :p

To be honest id rather see this idea put into practice, turn up to planned wars where theres tons of people who have had the chance to be gathered over a few days and prepared then hear people whine 3 hours a day on OOC.

Maybe its not an idea which could be used very well, but its still nice to think them up sometimes.

SPIKE (pluto)
01-03-06, 23:41
Nice idea, it would solve the ninja hacking problem, and it might mean clans give their full preformance at each op battle, with everyone showing up, not just who happens to be online at the time, and hey no-one will be able to say the winners didnt deserve it.

May need a bit more changes to it, as otherwise there is a risk of taking some fun from op wars, but i think it would really add an edge to battles if both teams were prepared and ready.

Apocalypsox
02-03-06, 00:04
...nerf the PVP MORE why dont you crazy? i like the idea If the clan that controls the op currently does not have any/as many players on as the attacking clan, you cannot hack it.

awkward silence
02-03-06, 00:07
If your clan cant hold enought people for ops 24/7, they deserve to be ninjahacked. Get hacknet outta opwars tho!

Just my opinion

Awk

cRazy-
02-03-06, 00:09
I dunno , this is an improvement on the ninja/zerging situation, if clans are getting up to a week to prepare a force for defense it should be their responsibility to make sure they get the forces to defend, and since they know when the attack force is coming they have the upper hand to get everyone buffed, in the OP and ready.

Or maybe if theres a war declaration on an OP, there can be a comment box so clan leaders can input specifics such as the rough amount of people etc, depends how mature people can be about it.

Kame
02-03-06, 00:25
I totally disagree.

This couldnt be a viable idead because ppl on terra are all in different timezone.

My clan alone holds german,american,french,britts and canadians.

We dont want to OP only once a week.

If this would happen id prolly quit this game (along with a lot of ppl) as the only bits of exitements i get from the game come from OP war.

cRazy-
02-03-06, 00:45
I totally disagree.

This couldnt be a viable idead because ppl on terra are all in different timezone.

My clan alone holds german,american,french,britts and canadians.

We dont want to OP only once a week.

If this would happen id prolly quit this game (along with a lot of ppl) as the only bits of exitements i get from the game come from OP war.

No your getting it wrong, you dont OP once a week, if no wars are made after a week then the OP becomes free to hack, this is to stop people taking an OP then keeping it forever by not accepting declarations of war.

In theory if there was 3 vs 3 in each clan you could declare a war for that precise moment and get to work, you could declare an OP war as many times as you like, if they dont accept (they might have tradeskillers or whatever) then you cant go for it, and even if you could, you wouldnt get a fight, simple as.

And of course say after 4 days (not a week) of not accepting wars, the OP becomes available, so you can ninja hack it or do whatever.

I guess it all depends if people enjoy taking it by surprise from clans (or ninja hacking), or planning epic fights, small or large, this idea is a completely different concept to the current concept of Outposts though.

Dirus
02-03-06, 01:40
Err.. No

Bad idea, it basically means that whoever holds the op now would hold it forever. Even with the 4 day time limit I'm sure people would figure out all they have to do is let the op get attacked on day 3 by a "alt" clan thereby reseting it for 4 days.

nabbl
02-03-06, 01:51
dirus got it ...

cRazy-
02-03-06, 02:06
Thats true,

But if people drop to that kind of low to keep an OP without the possibility, I guess it sucks the entire point of having them in the game.

It seems some clans will never have responsibility to enjoy fair fights like some claim they want to do. Without this I can never see any ideas working :/

But I suppose its a lot to expect from a whole community.

Bullt
02-03-06, 02:45
Think it has been said 1303 times in this forum already but anyways:
Owning ops don’t really mean shit, 95 % of clan members want a good fight that’s it.

Few really care if they own 1 or 11 ops, so little you really gain from owning them. People fight when they feel like it, not when they need to for some odd reason.
Sure, I also think something needs to be done about how ops are taken & defended, but nothing like this.

yavimaya
02-03-06, 05:10
Thats true,

But if people drop to that kind of low to keep an OP without the possibility, I guess it sucks the entire point of having them in the game.

It seems some clans will never have responsibility to enjoy fair fights like some claim they want to do. Without this I can never see any ideas working :/

But I suppose its a lot to expect from a whole community.

Exactly why this idea couldnt work crazy, remember the days of blocking op openings with Rhinos and having LE'd chars repair it from behind?

The community has stooped this low many times in the past over OP wars, "ninja'ing / zerging" is just the next step in this evolution.
It will dissapear, something just as bad will replace it, its called a tactic, there will always be new ones that noone will like used against them, but most people will use them themselves without a second thought.

Dirus
02-03-06, 07:36
Thats true,

But if people drop to that kind of low

There is no if only a when, which is usually within an hr of when it's been patched.

eLcHi
02-03-06, 11:21
Well, one way to do it to construct some Opfight Rules for Terra (In the Terra-Server Forum) that dictate Opfight rules and clans that subscribe to them can challenge other subscribers under the rules ... so everyone knows whats on ...

Like for example "The signed clans agree not to ninja-hack each other" "To ask the highest-ranking member of the clan you plan to attack if they got people for a fight" (maybe agree on rough numbers too) ... that kinda stuff ...

Pantho
02-03-06, 12:08
What about people "Locking" ops,

That is really sad, and pointless -

- Like getting a ally clan to hack lvl 3 -

l8m0n
02-03-06, 12:11
they zerg we ninja simple really :lol:

Bullt
02-03-06, 12:39
Ninja hacking when no one in defending clan is logged in is one thing. It’s not like the “owners” of ops get much nc from owning it a few hours before its most likely taken back. No real harm done. Hey, the original “owners” got something to do now, try taking it back.

Still since no clan actually has a fighting force logged in 24/7 and hang around all and every op they own, surprise-attackers still have lots of room to maneuver. The real problem is that defending ops is hard if attackers get there first n settle down and start barreling UG entrance when 1st layer is down (park a few vehicles facing the UG and no one comes out of UG alive. This doesn’t take any skill and just a few attackers. This clearly gives a huge time-advantage to the attackers. I’m only thinking of the time factor in this post. Even thou defenders have ppl logged in it still takes time to talk what classes are needed and to log them and run to the op from another nearby op (if they have one). By this time good hackers will have at least 2nd n 3rd down, and if defenders think they will get there in time, the actual fight will only take a min or so (if 3rd layer hacker is alive and gets his job done).

I suggest (think it has been proposed here before also) to a least triple the time that needs to be waited between the hacks. This would give defenders the needed time to get ready and decide what to do and actually have time to run there to defend the op. Attackers would need to wait a bit longer to see if anyone is coming and actually fight, barreling UG entrance wouldn’t be so big a deal anymore since defenders could get to the fight from other directions and also get allies there if they had too few to fight. This small change could actually make a difference, if bigger changes aren’t going to be made for whatever reason.

Ninja hackers could get harder times with this change also (they need to stay alive longer and actually (god forbid) fight. Ninja hacking ops would be slower and even more boring than before.

l8m0n
02-03-06, 13:04
nahh dont make it longer, put it back to NC1, 1 layer no hacknet BS and good long fights, fights back then lasted alot longer than they do now.

Bullt
02-03-06, 13:44
Maybe you are thinking of times when big clans had more than about 10 members logged in at peak hours?
Care to explain why you think only one layer and no hacknet bullshit would make fights today last longer and considering the topic, decrease ninja hacking?

l8m0n
02-03-06, 13:47
Simple, you could hack it back just as fast as they ninja'd it, and if they bring back MK3's then whouldnt be so easy to ninja if you could gard your OP better ;)

Dogface
02-03-06, 14:03
Simple, you could hack it back just as fast as they ninja'd it, and if they bring back MK3's then whouldnt be so easy to ninja if you could gard your OP better ;)

Some droner dropped an MK3 drone after i punched him in the face with my CS :lol:

l8m0n
02-03-06, 14:07
Some droner dropped an MK3 drone after i punched him in the face with my CS :lol:

:wtf: Gat MK3 turret not drone o_O

Bullt
02-03-06, 14:23
Sure, I agree, better turrets (or something similar) would be needed with today’s tactics in mind. Still turrets (or any type of guards) can & will be taken out in ways that wouldn’t need too many fighters anyways.

Making it even easier to take ops with even fewer ppl might not be so great. At least today you need a few different chars to ninja one op. But with any 3 man clan to be able to ninja most of the map in just 10 min (during low-hours), I fail to see anything good in that. Would just mean that when bigger clans get ppl logging on, they need to start taking "their" ops back again. Just a bunch of hassle with running to "your" op when you know there will no one defending, when taking em back. Would just mean that ops would get locked for all but these ninja hacking dudes, and ppl need to start running even more if they need to get to different places on the map.

RUn3
02-03-06, 14:46
Turrets are for nibs.

Skusty
02-03-06, 15:04
Bring back the MkII gatlings from nc1, they owned. :p

l8m0n
02-03-06, 15:22
Turrets would solve the problem, did in NC1 and would in NC2, prob is they took out the ones that did any real damg, another good idea by kk... :rolleyes:

cRazy-
02-03-06, 18:15
I would be interesting to see the clan situation etc if there was only one Outpost on the entire map :p

RogerRamjet
02-03-06, 18:20
I would be interesting to see the clan situation etc if there was only one Outpost on the entire map :p

omfg constant pvp.

Anthaxinator
02-03-06, 19:16
One would have hoped that the community was mature enough to not ninja OPs. What's the point in taking OPs if your not gonna PvP? :wtf:

Paper Dragon
02-03-06, 19:18
One would have hoped that the community was mature enough to not ninja OPs. What's the point in taking OPs if your not gonna PvP? :wtf:

The desire to win usually over-rides the desire to have a decent fight.

Similar reasoning behind the population of Monks; people say they hate them, but it's fairly difficult to find someone who doesn't rely on them during combat.

Scaramanga
02-03-06, 19:31

Sometimes it just isnt feasible to wait until a clan has numbers on so you can have a fair fight. Some clans have most members in same country/continent.

If an American/Canadian clan comes online around the same time and wants to go OP fight they go for an OP. Why should they all wake up at fuck knows what time in the middle of the night to fight enemies on their terms. When they get on they want a fight so they start taking OPs.

Clanners online playing as non clanned alts or on same verbal comms will get notified about the fight and have the option to log on. If you want an OP war you shouldn't have to go fucking about for hours, just take an OP and see what opposition turns up.

Anthaxinator
02-03-06, 19:46
surely it's common sense that you won't get a fight from a euro clan in the middle of their night

cRazy-
02-03-06, 19:49
Thats why I thought my idea of pre-planned fights would work.

*walks away* :(

Scaramanga
02-03-06, 20:06
surely it's common sense that you won't get a fight from a euro clan in the middle of their night

Which is exactly my point. How are you supposed to know the game times of all clans. If you have numbers on you can go for an OP. If you want to complain about ninja tactics then stay online constantly. To expect other people to arrange their game time around when you can get on is unrealistic.

If someone is deliberately waiting for you to go offline so they can take your OP without any opposition what are the chances they can keep it anyway? How long's it gonna take for you to get it back when your clan gets back online? And if you aren't capable of taking it back then you don't have much of a right to an OP in the first place.

Agent L
02-03-06, 21:39
This solution (op war declaring) works in some other MMOGS and IMO should be implemented in cron too.

I'd put a realtime clock ingame too, as current gametime clock is plain useless. Like UTC, or CET, whatever, just make one time for all.

Zheo
02-03-06, 21:55
Point Of Note: If clans didnt want ninja hacking then they'd call a meeting and discuss the situation.

So since clans don't sit and talk and say "Yeah ninja is lame and we don't like it. lets stop it and fight properly."

I've not heard any clan do that so it doesnt matter and like Dirus said your idea's open to exploitation :) Think harder crazy im sure you can come up with a good idea like... oh lets say leave it to the clans who op fight? If they dont like things only they can do it.

ROZZER187
03-03-06, 16:32
not to keen on the idea but i see your point, i guess i just dont like it because it removes the element of suprise. :lol:

Spiro
03-03-06, 18:54
Okie i try to explain an idea of one of our member:
He told me about a month ago about locked OPs, that means:

If the OPs Tescom, Syncon & Yutano are DoY and the OPs Cajun, Nemesis, Cycrow, Eastgate, Soliko are DoY too, then the other 3 OPs before are locked, that means they cannot be hacked until whole Cajun+OPs went to NC, to unlock an uplink you need to take all other outposts within this uplink. That could avoid cross hacking all over the map, may be some OPs have to be switched to other Uplinks to make it more difficult to ninja a clan/faction/alliance.

Tsukasa
03-03-06, 20:11
Thats why I thought my idea of pre-planned fights would work.

*walks away* :(

There is already a game that does preplanned outpost fights, lineage 2