PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2 Development Update

Thanatos
01-03-06, 14:48
We would like to give you a small info update about what is currently in the development pipeline:

- A patch with bug- and exploit-fixes is currently being tested by the QA and should be ready in the near future.

- Additionally, a content package that is being worked on will be implemented through several patches over the next weeks. Of course our event department will continue its efforts to provide you with more regular, exciting and story based dynamic game content.

- The evaluation process for the planned re-balaning project is progressing nicely and we are confident that we can set the discussions in motion over the next few weeks. As soon as the evaluation has been completed, the Test Server forum will be opened to discuss all necessary points.

Jagrfelm
01-03-06, 14:50
Sounds good. Looking forward to see this.

EDIT: First one! :D

Zheo
01-03-06, 14:52
And the soul light issue? Seriously I don't think i should suffer neg SL cos Fetish decided to attack me in MB and died because of it :) So please tell me KK are "aware" of this issue and are "Working" on it for the next patch?

Edit:// Thanks for the update though good to hear something :)

giga191
01-03-06, 14:58
just as i was about to make a "wtf is going on now" thread, i see this :lol:

Riddle
01-03-06, 15:15
Finally! an inkling as to whats going on :) just good to know that Something IS going on ;)

Look forward to content and bug fixes as for explodes don't bother me as i know none :lol:

Brammers
01-03-06, 15:24
Any news is always welcome. Thanks for the update.

Skusty
01-03-06, 15:25
Yay! :D

xyl_az
01-03-06, 15:41
what about neptune?

Dribble Joy
01-03-06, 15:44
Sex in your pie holes.

cRazy-
01-03-06, 16:00
Good stuff my loyal KK friends.

Jezebel
01-03-06, 16:12
Even if as usual there are'nt release dates (few weeks...), it's nice to have some update. Thanks.

Riddle
01-03-06, 16:35
:lol:
what about neptune?

You mean the test server?

Brammers
01-03-06, 16:40
Ok, did anyone spot something missing in that update?

From http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=131948 Dated 26 Jan 2006

In the Evol 2.2 planfile we mentioned a major change in the sector of payment services. This change is still in the works and will not be affected by the delay of Evol 2.2.
Any more news on this?

Tratos
01-03-06, 16:45
Good to hear some news, also content packages with bug/exploit fixes are most welcome.

Look forward to see more details about all of these points and hope the re-balance evaluation is complete soon.

Foo
01-03-06, 17:11
Ok, did anyone spot something missing in that update?

From http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=131948 Dated 26 Jan 2006

Any more news on this?

Yes for the love of god , tell us if/when something is happening in this department. IM 100% sure pop's will rise if you introduce a good alternative payment method.

Bishop Yutani
01-03-06, 17:22
Thanks for the update. Can't wait for more specifics...

xyl_az
01-03-06, 19:00

You mean the test server?

If u expected me to flame you for this, tough luck, i'm too tired atm (hard day at work).

but oh well, i try at least:

KK you see those morons? Tell them they are wrong or tell us that they are right and we are morons for hoping that something good may happen in NC...

Regardless what u decide, tell us, its better to do it now than after the fact itself.

Bredahl
02-03-06, 00:13
thanks for the update! :D

Dogface
02-03-06, 03:19
I'll shine your banhammer for you :)

Thank you !

l8m0n
02-03-06, 13:30
This patch going to be tested this time? lets hope no "hotfix" is needed :rolleyes:

PepsiPlayer
02-03-06, 17:06
Excellent news, at least we know what to expect in the next few weeks, but please keep us more informed as to what is happening and when, maybe have a weekly info release even if nothing is going on at that point?

Just a thought, but looking foward to the balance issues.

Zephar123
02-03-06, 17:45
good to hear guys, but really to get more customers you really need a better payment system.
Thats not to say that such things as what you are doing are not needed. As this patch sounds awsome and will insure my continued subscription =) after the month i just paid for =).

Drake6k
02-03-06, 20:00
In the coming weeks there will be patches.

It's gonna take more than that to impress me.

Spermy
02-03-06, 22:08
What bug fixes specifically? What kinda content are we looking at?

Come one guys - give us more than "we got something for you"

npinchot
02-03-06, 22:55
Excellent news, at least we know what to expect in the next few weeks, but please keep us more informed as to what is happening and when, maybe have a weekly info release even if nothing is going on at that point?

Just a thought, but looking foward to the balance issues.
If they spend all their time telling us about updates then when do you want them to spend time actually updating :)

Morganth
03-03-06, 01:00
Can we get a list of the bug and exploit fixes? Would be interesting to see whats been fixed (and therefore mentionable on the forums without getting edited), and what will land you a ban.

Tratos
03-03-06, 01:05
Yeah some sort of early form of the patch notes would be nice to have a look through while we wait but ofcourse without anything that could point us to gaining an advantage before the patch.

unreal
03-03-06, 04:11
If they spend all their time telling us about updates then when do you want them to spend time actually updating :)It takes about 2minutes or less depending on the size, to write a nice little post on the forum for people to read? Surely it's not much to ask for all of the customers that want to know they aren't paying a company to sit on their backside (most of the people viewing the forum), and to let customers know what to expect from upcoming patches. Patches were supposed to be ongoing, except it's already the third month into 2006 and only a rollback to be seen as yet.

Just hoping for some actual decent activity regards the storyline other than the pro-city alliance being gathered together to kill a few regants mobs spawned into a sector, only to find that after the few mobs that were in there are dead, it's over. It was rather amusing that I had to show the person hosting the event how to get to the Industrial Genrep that was chosen as the desired meeting place for the alliance, he or she started going in the wrong direction through all the doors in the Industrial sector closest to Pepper Park 3 (forgot the exact name of it).

There could have been a lot of fun made out of that even if it doesn't fit with the intended/planned storyline that Reakktor have for the game. Like making it into a battle between the alliances... DoY could have stealthily led the mutants and such to the cities food supply, as a devastating attack towards the city's runners, not affecting the soldier rations the security forces have. The mutants could have been the decoy, while DoY raided the Pepper Park sectors and temporarily put a halt to the Entertainment Industry which kept up the moral of the City. ;)

Edit: Just remembered about the whole NPC dialog things in the Neocron 1 Demo - Do some voice overs and whatnot and make it actually a bit more interesting than the repetitive moving a bit of paper or whatever it is about when you click on the different options. Of course not forgetting to get someone who's possibly grew up using the English language to check over the scripts... maybe even display small hints in the form of maps and various pictures of the world map or items on screen so that it makes everything less dull.

Still no "official" sign of the balancing part of the forum that was supposed to be discussing various things?

This isn't a flame Nidhogg, so sorry if you think it is one, just making an observation and asking a question. :o

BlackDove
03-03-06, 18:35
Egh more words.

Show me action.

Odin
03-03-06, 19:41
Brammers. Probably be a while yet. Usual business mumbo jumbo (ie: contracts) to be worked through.

Tratos
03-03-06, 19:42
Brammers. Probably be a while yet. Usual business mumbo jumbo (ie: contracts) to be worked through.
I assume you cant tell us whom you're trying to get? just incase things dont go to plan.

Brammers
03-03-06, 21:06

Any news is better than no news - thanks for letting us know.

Odin
03-03-06, 21:14
Any news is better than no news - thanks for letting us know.

God don't I know it. If you find it rough to use it. Try being the one who has to do support for it 8|

Until all contracts are signed we can't say anything, but I'm happy with the direction.

Logan_storm_03
04-03-06, 00:30
Good omens...

Dogface
04-03-06, 00:49
Surely it's not much to ask for all of the customers that want to know they aren't paying a company to sit on their backside

KK work standing up? :lol:

Logan_storm_03
04-03-06, 01:57
Yeah, they are saving our subscription fees to buy some seats, once they can actuly sit down, they can start working on nc2.

Dogface
04-03-06, 02:54

just to keep on topic:

Give me a K!

Give me a K!

Gooo KK!

xyl_az
04-03-06, 12:44

just to keep on topic:

Give me a K!