PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Issues

Scara
01-03-06, 02:54
Hey I have a Sapphire Radeon x850xt PE and it overheats and restarts my computer. its running at the normal 540/590 clocks and I have the fan speed on 100% (sounds like a wind tunnel) this is a stock card I have made no mods to it. I contacted Sapphire but they said "uhh... go talk to newegg". Neocron is the ONLY game it overheats on which is really weird.

anyone have some ideas???

fjutte
01-03-06, 13:52
Get a nVidia card ;)

No actually, I have no ideas but you could buy another fan for the gfx processor. My fan for the north bridge sounded too much so i unplugged it. My graphic cards fan is big enough to cool both the gfx processor and my north bridge so a bigger fan sounds like a good solution for ya. But do get one that doesn't sound too much ;)

Bishop Yutani
01-03-06, 17:25
i would download a utility that displays your temperatures. You need to verify that its your video card thats heating up. Further, that its the actual GPU on the board... it could also be the ram. Mine has a heatsink for the ram and a fan on the GPU. Maybe yours is unsticking or the screw is coming loose.

blackknight007
01-03-06, 20:26
My friend had the same vid card has you. The heat sink came off of the gpu, see if it is loose or a stronger vid card is a good idea. Another idea is get a pci fan card close to your vid card, just a thought.. good luck :)

Tesee
31-03-06, 04:09
i have a x850 xt platinum ed and it works nice.
maybe your PC has a bad cooling hardware

I have a Dell XPS and no cooling problem

Scara
02-04-06, 02:36
Well I found out its not overheating, Im starting to doubt its the videocard at all. Im starting to think its either the motherboard of powersupply

_Terminal{Boz}
19-04-06, 00:30
May want to try another driver, ATI hardware has a documented reputation of driver issues often resulting in problems such as this. I also agree with what that other poster suggested, Nvidia makes a more stable product than ATI in the majority of cases.

Also make sure you have any onboard video disabled because the chipsets could be conflicting with each other, of course you gotta expect chaos when useing medevil monster guts with modern technoligy(reffering to silicon.)