View Full Version : Crahn epic - gaya mine

SorkZmok
28-02-06, 23:37
Dear KK,
do you ever think before you change something ingame? The epic mission is said to be for midlevel characters. Yet it's pretty much impossible to get through to the gaya warbot if you're not capped or got a ppu. Sucks tbh.

Any chance of a change there? :mad:

I didn't even make it down the ladder right at the entrance with about 5 copbots stuck in the elevator pit. :lol:

Tratos
28-02-06, 23:58
They need to use the other mine for something since its empty - i think this would be a cool spot for the Crahn WB also making it into a dungeon for that level of characters so there is a do-able challenge for that level to get down there.

nasty nate
01-03-06, 00:47
I think maybe it shouldnt be changed,it keeps the price up on them gloves, tbh ive done it solo but it took at least 20 tries...

gstyle40
01-03-06, 04:07
its pretty easy for a spy with stealth 3 :)

|R@zor|
01-03-06, 06:32
But a spy does'nt have stealth 3 at rank xx/35 (the minimum rank for the mission).

eprodigy
01-03-06, 07:04
has it changed? i've done it without stealth ( just ran fast ) but it was a while ago..

SorkZmok
01-03-06, 08:13
I tried it on a rank 46 PE without stealth (too lazy to get a trial account for a noob stealth).

No chance to just run through those bots. :(

I don't think it should be that hard, the crahn epic already is one of those epics that take the most time to finish. Not to mention the glove is essential for any monk and nearly every PE these days.

I like Tratos idea, they should just put it into the other mine, it's empty for ages. Would be nice if it just had some midlevel mobs on the two outer rings and then warbot in the center room. Just perfect for a midlevel mission.
Maybe it's even somewhere on KKs TODO list. Way down at the bottom. :mad:

Whitestuff
01-03-06, 22:42
Way down at the bottom is right. How long have we been saying this? I've only been back 2 months and I know I have posted in at least 3 of these threads. What makes it worse is that it would take an hour or two of map editing and a 5MB patch to fix something that halts Crahn Epic goers in their tracks.

I'll sign the "change the map to one of the empty mines pls, thx" idea AGAIN. I already mentioned the one that's right in the middle of the road would be perfect seeing as how it is completely abandoned.... anyhow, have fun fixing it guys.

Superbron
02-03-06, 14:54
Lol, I also posted this a few months ago. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

Riddle
02-03-06, 14:58
Fixed? Like they fixed the Mid level runner epic for Biotech!
That was near impossible without stealth or PPU to get through all those DOY bots to loba village. :rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath guys but i totally agree with you it needs fixing...

Skusty
02-03-06, 15:03
Same with the regant run there, when i did it i needed to log my apu there and have a friend with ppu to help me barrel thrue. :rolleyes:

Superbron
02-03-06, 15:09
Fixed? Like they fixed the Mid level runner epic for Biotech!
That was near impossible without stealth or PPU to get through all those DOY bots to loba village. :rolleyes:
There was a workaround for that one

Riddle
02-03-06, 15:09
There was a workaround for that one

Which was what? i done that epic 3 times and each time died more than once!

CMaster
02-03-06, 15:15
Which was what? i done that epic 3 times and each time died more than once!
Then you went the wrong way :P You could get around, and these days tehre arent even any DoY bots out there.

Superbron
02-03-06, 15:19
Start from Syncon walk north along the mountain ridge until there are no more mountains on your left hand. Then walk west and synch into the Loba-zone. Walk west and keep the road just visible in your minimap. You should reach Loba safely in this way, I've never encountered any DoY-units doing the BT-epic and believe me I did this epic more than 10 times :-)

Skusty
02-03-06, 20:06
I got a better way bron, get a quad, sit on it, pedal to the metal past them. Thats how i did. :p

Superbron
02-03-06, 22:40
I got a better way bron, get a quad, sit on it, pedal to the metal past them. Thats how i did. :p
I did that once: got a ticket for speeding :D

Whitestuff
03-03-06, 01:06
BAck on topic please. Seeing as how I am really interested in getting this epic done, I'm interested in seeing it fixed.

Post some freakin' official word, like "Gonna be fixed in 2.2" or "gonna be fixed before 2.2" or "gonna be fixed next week" or even "the epic mission is working as intended because the evil Crahn never need to be able to complete their epic without a capped PPU to support them and should remove their LE to get ganked repeatedly (b/c the capped PPU removed his LE and he needs to heal you, tbh)".

SorkZmok
03-03-06, 02:10
Well i somehow managed to finish it now.
Noob stealth ftw. Was damn close, once i had to jump over a ledge down quite a bit and i got no clue how i survived that. Another time i got away from about a gazillion bots in the 2nd level on 2 health.
With the bot itself, i managed to kill it and grab the fragment right the second i got pwned by 5 more copbots surrounding it. Not to mention that NPC who instantly started to HL me. Stupid.

Skusty
03-03-06, 12:48
I did that once: got a ticket for speeding :D
I did't, i dragged the cops into the bots. One crashed into a bot and burn't to death. :p