PDA

View Full Version : How long do inactive accounts last?

Logan_storm_03
26-02-06, 23:26
A simply question, how long do expired accounts last intill they get owned off the system? I would like to know since click2gay as loved up my account so I am unable to play, since I was pissed of I could not be bothered to sort it out that much (after the 4th email to them I gave up). But now, about 2-4 months (not entirly sure) later I want to get back into nc again so will commence sending more abuse to click2pay (just sent the first one off giving them a good verbal slap trying to get them working on it.) But I have checked ingame witha mates account and my characters are still showing up on the citycom, so I believe they have not been wiped. It is 3 months intill they are wiped? If so click2pay better get their ass into gear and sort my account out in a weeks time.

Plus I'm so lazy at leveling, I have not really properly leveled for like 8-10 months so starting from scratch does not sound like fun to me. :cool:

Lodar
26-02-06, 23:29
A simply question, how long do expired accounts last intill they get owned off the system? I would like to know since click2gay as loved up my account so I am unable to play, since I was pissed of I could not be bothered to sort it out that much (after the 4th email to them I gave up). But now, about 2-4 months (not entirly sure) later I want to get back into nc again so will commence sending more abuse to click2pay (just sent the first one off giving them a good verbal slap trying to get them working on it.) But I have checked ingame witha mates account and my characters are still showing up on the citycom, so I believe they have not been wiped. It is 3 months intill they are wiped? If so click2pay better get their ass into gear and sort my account out in a weeks time.

Plus I'm so lazy at leveling, I have not really properly leveled for like 8-10 months so starting from scratch does not sound like fun to me. :cool:

Although officially characters are guaranteed for 3 months, I have never been aware of characters or accounts being deleted after any given length of time.

Logan_storm_03
26-02-06, 23:32
Although officially characters are guaranteed for 3 months, I have never been aware of characters or accounts being deleted after any given length of time.

Ok thanks for the speedy reply, thats a load of my mind thanks. ;)

Apocalypsox
27-02-06, 04:25
I had had my account inactive for nearly a year and it wasnt deleted. so i think ull be fine.

Agent L
27-02-06, 11:58
Ha ha, KK had to make this nc1->nc2 thing just to get rid of inactive accounts ; p

giga191
27-02-06, 12:25
Although officially characters are guaranteed for 3 months, I have never been aware of characters or accounts being deleted after any given length of time. nice of you to be honest, but wouldn't KK see more active accounts if you threatened to delete people's chars? :lol:

cMz
27-02-06, 12:29
Threatening to delete accounts could also lead to people never ever comming back.

-FN-
27-02-06, 17:41
I know of two accounts off the top of my head that were deleted. We knew for sure when we were able to create characters of the same name as this player *used* to have.

Nidhogg
27-02-06, 18:04
A very few accounts have been deleted, but only accounts of people who have been permanently banned and that contained illegal characters and items (basically there was never a chance that they would ever be used again). In general we've never deleted any legal accounts regardless of how long ago they expired.

Remember, just because you can create characters with the same name as old characters doesn't prove that the old characters have been deleted because it could just be that the originals haven't been transferred to NC2.

N

-FN-
27-02-06, 18:30
Remember, just because you can create characters with the same name as old characters doesn't prove that the old characters have been deleted because it could just be that the originals haven't been transferred to NC2.
*nod* For the record tho - one account was NC2-Only and not a transfer since they only started playing last year. His account expired in September 2005 and then he was offline for a long time due to RL problems... we (SXR) found it very strange when we found a belt of a character he USED to have a few months ago. It was even more strange when that character was a different class and faction than it used to be, hehe. But who knows *shrug*

Hocus
28-02-06, 00:32
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
28-02-06, 11:11
Chances are he deleted the characters or sold the account. We wouldn't have deleted his account if it had just expired, and depending on when you saw those other characters it looks very like it was still within the three month guarantee window anyway.

N