PDA

View Full Version : Old player models updated!

MrTrip
26-02-06, 20:40
This isint a thread to bring back the low poly player models, its more of a thread to update the old low poly models.

Heres what I noticed today...I was looking at one of my old screen shots from NC1, it was the female monk, with the brown hair and green eyes (I'm sure you all remember her). She was wearing the green cloak looking thing, and the pants that looked like combat pants.

I started thinking how cool it would be, if the thing hanging on her back would actually sway in the wind when she ran, and maybe smooth out her hair a bit....then I remembered that NC doesnt really ahve a ragdoll engine like it should.

RAGDOLLS! (For people who want to skip through, I want attention here) Do you know how cool NC would be if when we died, we would FLY through the air, and land in MANY MANY different positions? Valve did it with the source engine, ID did it with the Doom 3 engine, why can't KK impliment it? I want to shoot a rocket at a monk, and if it kills the monk, send that bitch flying, I want to be able to shoot bodies and make them move, or fire a rocket into a pile of bodies, and make them scatter. That would be freaking awesome!

That would make me a happy camper. And yes, if the old player models, updated, came back, make the monks cloaks sway in the wind.

Can I get some stars on this thread please? :p

Paper Dragon
26-02-06, 21:01
Model updates with 2.2, if I remember correctly.

Ragdoll physics, while nice, aren't feasible with many MMORPGs; when CoH added them - for example - the system requirements were boosted considerably, as you can't switch off them (To keep things "fair" across all systems, presumably).

Spermy
26-02-06, 21:02
Ragdoll will never happen while NC runs under it's current config.

EVER.

The inner workings of this game are around 7 or 8 years old IIRC.

Rob01m
26-02-06, 21:38
Model updates with 2.2, if I remember correctly.

Ragdoll physics, while nice, aren't feasible with many MMORPGs; when CoH added them - for example - the system requirements were boosted considerably, as you can't switch off them (To keep things "fair" across all systems, presumably).

Where did you hear that about 2.2? Also, which models are being updated? Player models/new NPC models or the old models?

Skusty
26-02-06, 21:39
I'd love ragdolls! :D

Nixon
26-02-06, 22:06
Adding ragdoll physics to this engine..

Impossible is one word.. It's a pile of poo pushed to its limits and beyond already :)

nobby
26-02-06, 22:19
KK wouldn't do it...

Asked once already before NC 2

Odin said I was stupid...For even considering Ragdolls on an MMO...
Joke's on him!

cRazy-
26-02-06, 22:32
lol its true,

Ragdoll physics work on hundreds of mathmatic calculations, where each joint goes and how the limbs respond to this has to be calculated. For the amount of data which has to be sent its not worth it.

Retro V
26-02-06, 23:44
The code wouldn't need to be sent. It can be done client side like everything else. Ever notice how a person dies in different positions on different people's screens, like when trying to hack a wb or rezz the dead? That must be because the dropping-dead animation is client-side.

Plus it would only be, what, 20MB on top of an already multi-gig-sized program.

So yea, sex Raggedy Ann. 3 stars.

Mr Kot
27-02-06, 04:35
lol its true,

Ragdoll physics work on hundreds of mathmatic calculations, where each joint goes and how the limbs respond to this has to be calculated. For the amount of data which has to be sent its not worth it.What about the dancers? They seem to move almost ragdoll like