PDA

View Full Version : pvp video

THE_TICK!!!!
26-02-06, 17:07
:) found this figured you guys would like it click here (http://www.theupload.com/viewfile.php?id=00018440)

Jipz
26-02-06, 19:41
We're sorry, there was a problem with your file.

As the title states there was a problem with the file you requested.

No direct hot-linking is allowed.

The cookie set by our download page has timed out.

The file you requested doesn't actually exist.

If you believe the problem is on our behalf please don't hesitate to contact us here

:(

cRazy-
26-02-06, 19:58
Please note that this download will expire in 5 minutes time.
This means that you will have to click the 'Download File'
button within the next 5 minutes. Failure to do so will not allow
you too download the file. If this should happen simply refresh
the page and click the button again.

If not make sure cookies are enabled, it worked fine for me.

PepsiPlayer
26-02-06, 20:01
Just goes to show what a relatively good set up PE can do. Well anyone is usually better than me. I just hope the XBow fanboi's watch it and see at last that the xbow in not overpowered in straight PvP.

Some good fighting tho, well i thought so.

Koshinn
26-02-06, 20:15
Just goes to show what a relatively good set up PE can do. Well anyone is usually better than me. I just hope the XBow fanboi's watch it and see at last that the xbow in not overpowered in straight PvP.

Some good fighting tho, well i thought so.

Wow.. slow download! :(

And yeah, the xbow is overpowered in straight pvp, but not that much overpowered. Not like, say, a blessed hybrid... but it's just really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really good.

Dirus
26-02-06, 20:25
To me that video just brings to light the glaring issues in PvP.. the Tank at Jerriko should have easily killed that PE.

Edit: If you need to know my reasoning for that, just watch the PE's health.. once he gets really low the tank starts having a hard time finishing him off. This is caused by a issue with the health/hitboxes.

RogerRamjet
26-02-06, 20:27
How do you figure? :p

pabz
26-02-06, 20:27
To me that video just brings to light the glaring issues in PvP.. the Tank at Jerriko should have easily killed that PE.

*gets ready for the onslaught of "how do you figure" questions..*

Ure a noob lol, wasnt that a pe dirus, "glaring issues in pvp." How your gonna fix shit if you dont know the difference between a tank and pe

PepsiPlayer
26-02-06, 20:31
Isnt there a problem with damage and low health? i thought there was something about it being proportional to the amount of health a runner has? maybe i am wrong but thats what i heard, please correct me if i am wrong

j0rz
26-02-06, 20:35

Edit: If you need to know my reasoning for that, just watch the PE's health.. once he gets really low the tank starts having a hard time finishing him off. This is caused by a issue with the health/hitboxes.

Its a PE... not a tank he fought and dont a very good one :P at that

Dirus
26-02-06, 20:44
Ure a noob lol, wasnt that a pe dirus, "glaring issues in pvp." How your gonna fix shit if you dont know the difference between a tank and pe

Bah so what, I wasn't payin all that much attention to the model, more the weapons being used and watching things like health... PE or Tank, it's irrelevant to the fact. I couldn't care less if it was a drom he was fighting. The issue still remains. Call me a noob all you want. I don't care, it still doesn't change the fact I'm paying attention to what actually happens in combat.

Isnt there a problem with damage and low health? i thought there was something about it being proportional to the amount of health a runner has? maybe i am wrong but thats what i heard, please correct me if i am wrong

Amount of health plays a role, but not all that much of one, it mearly dictates when the issue kicks in. Lower health means it'll kick in faster. Damage is effect by low health tho, the less health a player has left, the less damage they recieve.

Basic fact remains, the player recording the vid's defenses when combined with the "health/hitbox issue" got to the point where they started to be equal to the damage the "PE" he was fighting could do.

pabz
26-02-06, 20:52
Bah so what, I wasn't payin all that much attention to the model, more the weapons being used and watching things like health... PE or Tank, it's irrelevant to the fact. I couldn't care less if it was a drom he was fighting. The issue still remains.

Amount of health plays a role, but not all that much of one, it mearly dictates when the issue kicks in. Lower health means it'll kick in faster. Damage is effect by low health tho, the less health a player has left, the less damage they recieve.

Basic fact remains, the player recording the vid's defenses when combined with the "health/hitbox issue" got to the point where they started to be equal to the damage the "PE" he was fighting could do.

ill get joe to pvp a drom for ure enjoyment

Dirus
26-02-06, 20:56
ill get joe to pvp a drom for ure enjoyment

Hey if you want to ignore the real issues and act like a child. Go for it, just stay out of my discussions from now on. I'm only in here to try and explain where some of the balance issues are combat wise. A PvP video that all can access is the best way to show a visible result of that.

giga191
26-02-06, 21:12
with the "health/hitbox issue" meaning that if you shoot someone in the head enough, it stops doing head shot dmg? and that your health goes up faster when more body parts are dmged?

Blausiegel
26-02-06, 21:20
Mmmh, interesting to see Dirus in here (and quite positive).
So if i am right, basically there a 3 possible solutions in this case:
1) Remove hitzones entirely (this means for example no leg crushing possible anymore).
2) Remove the link between hitboxes and health/damage (linear amount of damage dealt and health-gain).
3) A complete rework of the damage system which will lead to the desired point.

Besides, i totally agree that this is a major point which needs balancing (although there is a bunch of other things).

giga191
26-02-06, 21:32
Headshots are part of the skill factor in this game, keep it in. Do whatever you want with leg shots, altho my opinion is that they shouldn't be breakable because it means that even if they hit your legs because of bad aiming, they still get something out of doing it which i don't think they should.

PepsiPlayer
26-02-06, 21:36
I does help us as a runner base tho that someone is listening and trying to look at the issues that the game has in general, this is what we have been asking for, for a while now, lets not just annoy the guy lets try to help him, might make a change than moaning eh?

Personally i hope the runner base will help highlight problems. and Dirus i hope that these problems can be sorted and that we can ALL work together.

Dirus
26-02-06, 21:37
meaning that if you shoot someone in the head enough, it stops doing head shot dmg? and that your health goes up faster when more body parts are dmged?

Basically yes. To help explain this.. *Theoretical numbers*

Heal Rate = 10dmg per second per hitbox. (upto 30dmg per second when all 3 are damaged)

Damage Rate = 60dmg per second. Dropping by 15dmg as it gets pushed to another hitbox.

At full health (Head hitbox), the player will recieve 50dmg per second. (60dmg recieved - 10dmg per second healed)

At 2/3 health (head empty, now into torso), the player will receieve 25dmg per second. (45dmg recieved - 20dmg per second healed)

At 1/3 health (head & torso empty, now into legs), the player will recieve 0dmg per second. (30dmg recieved - 30dmg per second healed)

i.e. the lower the players health gets, the less damage they take, which allows their defenses to act like they've been "increased" which under the right conditions like the example above, can result in a stalemate.

But I'm just a noob so :p

giga191
26-02-06, 21:44
Maybe sorting out that problem will automatically balance some weapons that do dmg to all body parts at once. Altho i doubt it will make the ROLH balanced because that gun is bugged because the hits sometimes only show up on your client and not registered by the server

Koshinn
26-02-06, 22:00
Does completely destroying the head and chest hitboxes do anything? We all know the leg hitbox causes severe run speed loss, but what about head and chest? Maybe destroying the chest can lower your stamina regeneration. The head shouldn't do anything actually, since it gives a huge bonus to damage anyway.

Maybe make it so destroying hitboxes doesn't reduce damage, it just causes an effect?

Btw, for anyone using the first xbow fight as reasoning that the xbow isn't overpowered seriously needs to watch the video again. First of all, the xbow spy hardly ever hit. That's not showing how good a weapon is, it's showing the user's skill. Second, it's a spy using it. In the hands of a spy, the xbow isn't overpowered, it's just about right.

In the hands of a PE, you can gain judge-level defenses with slasher-level offense. And the xbow has basically 30 bursts per reload iirc. The slasher has what.. 6 or 7? With reloads taking a lot of time, that definately matters. Also, a PE has DB. DB + Xbow PE nullifies any point of having a pistol spy except for the long stealth and tradeskilling.

giga191
26-02-06, 22:06
if the reload on slasher wasn't slowed down so much, then it would be better than xbow

Koshinn
26-02-06, 22:08
if the reload on slasher wasn't slowed down so much, then it would be better than xbow

Even with a spy using the xbow (which means no DB), in the last 10 seconds of the fight the spy started to finally land some good, consecutive clean hits. He dropped Average Joe's health from 50% to like 1% (his health was in the single digits). It only took 10 seconds out of a 1:30 long fight. And Average Joe had a medkit and tl10 heal running at the same time.

slith
26-02-06, 22:21
Don't take leg/torso/head-shots out of the game please. It is too funny if you break that MC-Tanks legs and be able to play catch that rocket with him. It takes a lot of aiming to hit legs, so it's just fair.

i.e. the lower the players health gets, the less damage they take, which allows their defenses to act like they've been "increased" which under the right conditions like the example above, can result in a stalemate.

Actually I don't think that this is a real "problem" with lowhp taking less damage. It equals out pretty even in my opinion. I like my 400hp Tank, dont kill him please... I'm unique ( or at least I was... ) :(
( I never skilled more than 50pts in health on every char since I figured this out. )

Remember: This WILL boost monks. If this would get fixed my Tank would die to 5 HLs instead of 9-12 ...

Don't make straight math out of resists. They are fine as they are and work perfectly. Just fix monks.

j0rz
26-02-06, 22:24
Even with a spy using the xbow (which means no DB), in the last 10 seconds of the fight the spy started to finally land some good, consecutive clean hits. He dropped Average Joe's health from 50% to like 1% (his health was in the single digits). It only took 10 seconds out of a 1:30 long fight. And Average Joe had a medkit and tl10 heal running at the same time.

yes and joe only had 25 fps not 80+ or joe would have killed him alot faster

Test a judge dmg to xbow dmg ull find its 3 dmg differant a hit...

Heated judge kills spys alot fast as well...

Koshinn
26-02-06, 22:49
yes and joe only had 25 fps not 80+ or joe would have killed him alot faster

you people are spoiled. :p

Test a judge dmg to xbow dmg ull find its 3 dmg differant a hit...

Heated judge kills spys alot fast as well...
I'm almost certain it's a lot more than that. But alas, I don't have an xbow.

j0rz
26-02-06, 23:00
Well a good setup PE takes around 30 a hit from the xbow and a judge does 24 and fires at 185 a minate as apposed to 92 not to mention u wont cap a xbow without 160WL and 170 PC :\ mvoeon ppr... good luck ;)

giga191
27-02-06, 00:19
rocket with him. It takes a lot of aiming to hit legs, so it's just fair.
while i agree that it is quite hard to hit the legs, i just think it's stupid how the only bad part of the body to aim at is the torso.

FarSight
27-02-06, 00:56
So ... tanks should use AoE for finishing ?

slith
27-02-06, 01:05
I use Peacemaker or Moonie to finish off people :)

Dirus
27-02-06, 01:45
Remember: This WILL boost monks. If this would get fixed my Tank would die to 5 HLs instead of 9-12 ...

Don't make straight math out of resists. They are fine as they are and work perfectly. Just fix monks.

Your Tank will die as it should have all along. The resist are straight math, everything is straight math.

If you think it's fine as it is, you're obviously missing the glaring issue that setup right against a certain amount of damage a player gains near immunity once they hit a certain level of health. Due to the fact that damage recieved gets lessened and heal rates go up.

Look at the fight at Jerriko in this video.. Near the end his health basically sits in one spot showing that his setup and heal rate have reached that spot where he is practically on par with the damage the other "PE" can dish out.

What fixing it will do is bring to light just how overpowered weapons like the Holy Lightning are, which I've claimed for a long time now.

It's a process of removing the bandaids, and doing whats needed to fix the underlying issues that caused the need for those bandaids in the first place.

Everything that gets done will be done for a reason. Whether its to fix an issue, or to expand whats capable of being done.

Just because I'm focusing only on one aspect right now, that being the health/hitbox issue, does not mean I'm not aware of the side effects fixing it will bring i.e. weapons being more powerful then before.

A head shot should always do headshot damage, if that causes your Tank to die faster, then skill more then 50 health, don't complain when more health actually means more in a fight.

Also get ready for the possibility that the current situation of relying on bonuses from implants to completely support a skill may come to an end. No more 120+ in a skill with only 20 of that being actual base skill.

eprodigy
27-02-06, 01:47
as long as you fix ppus and hybrids to be where they should be (proportionatly to where everyone else will be with your changes)

Dirus
27-02-06, 01:52
as long as you fix ppus and hybrids to be where they should be (proportionatly to where everyone else will be with your changes)

I'm aiming at a Hybrid Monk and a PE being on an equal footing both defensively and offensively.

Brammers
27-02-06, 01:53
Will people stop using theupload.com for hosting video's - it tries to install spyware - Adware.MediaPass.

John Wu
27-02-06, 02:12
Well a good setup PE takes around 30 a hit from the xbow and a judge does 24 and fires at 185 a minate as apposed to 92 not to mention u wont cap a xbow without 160WL and 170 PC :\ mvoeon ppr... good luck ;)
xbow RoF 92, Judge RoF 185 .. but judge fires 2 shots/burst, which makes it 92.5 bursts in your example. if you wanna stay with your "Judge fires two times faster than xbow" theory you'll have to divide the damage judge does by 2 as well, which would mean 12 in your example. xbow does about 25% more damage than judge does, give or take a few %.

low health/damage issue? not that important in my opinion, since it affects all players equally. a PE benefits as much from this as a tank does. and dont tell me the PE benefits more because his heal is better - he also has this benefit with full health, so you'd have to argue that PE heal is too strong in the first place, and not only at low health. a tank heal is more effective at low health as well.

Look at the fight at Jerriko in this video.. Near the end his health basically sits in one spot showing that his setup and heal rate have reached that spot where he is practically on par with the damage the other "PE" can dish out.
thats because the other PE doesnt hit often enough then. I dont have trouble doing more damage than a tl10 heal can heal with a wyatt earp - given I hit often/quick enough. you're right, it gets harder to do damage near the end of a fight. but it gets harder for everyone, so I don't see the point where this could be called 'imbalanced'. after all, those were two PEs fighting .. it doesn't get any more balanced than one class fighting the same class, does it? ;)

edit: I wouldnt mind seeing this changed. from my tests you do about 30% less damage at low health, if not more. if this would change fights would get shorter, and more predictable - fine with me. I just dont see how this could be unbalanced, except with hybrids or ppus because of their _really_ strong heals.

slith
27-02-06, 02:32
I really don't see why it should be changed though. Is it in any way bad if the lowhp gives more resist? Every Character has it, everyone gets a bonus from it.

I don't want to be forced to skill that much HP to be efficient... It's funny how people always lough at me when they team me ^^ But as I said, it equals out pretty even. In every Game where it is possible I liked having low HP but high resists or speed, so I can heal myself better or dodge easier. Be vulnerable but heal up faster. Don't patch out my playing-style please.
( You might ask why I'm playing Tank then, well it's the Tank thats marked as the "worst" by the community, so I can earn more rep :P )

It adds alot of excitement to a fight too. And with all this monks and unraidable citys the last thing Neocron needs is shorter or more boring predictable non-monk fights... Neocron became boring enough by limiting PVP ( normal PVP, _NOT_ opwars ) to Opzones and MB-Zoneline.

And it's not like you're getting invulnerable with it ( damageboost totally kills me, brrr ). Tanks with much HP take about the same amount of shots to get killed ( slighty more than me, but then I'm a little faster ). The PE at the Jeriko fight is not at a level where he can heal-out the damage, the other PE stops hitting him in that moment...

Tbh. fix FPS issues, over-monkulation and unraidability first.
And please, don't make resists easy. They are so complicated nobody really gets it, but somehow it works. I often thought I had the perfect setup, but it doesn't exist. Now I found the setup that is perfect for me and it gets "fixed". That's why I'm pissed off atm.
If anyone wants to test my resist or something, "Falk Keegan" at Mars.

... guess Dirus and me hijacked that thread, sorry Tick :)

RogerRamjet
27-02-06, 02:59
I'm aiming at a Hybrid Monk and a PE being on an equal footing both defensively and offensively.

Will the ray of last hope/ray of god be fixed? I know hybrids and PEs should have similar offense/defense, but surely cookie cutter PEs who sacrifice defense should have increased damage output (RoG, Judge, ROLH), and PEs who go lotech should sacrifice offense for lower damage output (libbie needs fixing a little IMO though).

Kame
27-02-06, 03:38
The hitbox/low health was demonstrated using PEs with TL10 heals.

Then Dirus obviously demonstrated that he could actually out heal the damage.

Basing ourselves on what he says as it being facts we can deduct that if u put a Holy Heal on someone with the addition of Holy S and D the low health target will actually OUTHEAL the damage if his resists are applicable to the type of damage made.

because Holy heal is like 3x TL10 (theoreticaly) so 30 per body part (according on dirus's theorethical numbers) so 90 when all body parts are dead.
90 heal > any damage that a tank could do in 1 sec.

it almost outdamages any weapon in game period.

slith
27-02-06, 03:42
If this is right, why not make holy psi-modules weaker? Too strong anyway...
IMHO heal gets weaker if legs are hit.

( TL3 heal is a ( pretty strong ) weapon too :) )

Koshinn
27-02-06, 04:12

ok, 185 / 2 = 92.5, which means that you have about the same rate of fire. Except sometimes, the Judge's 2nd blob will randomly miss. You just lost half your damage due to randomness. Single shot weapons, like the xbow, don't have that problem.

About capping the xbow, it's easy. If people can do it WITHOUT power armor, you can do it with power armor and a single 10 minute drug.

onero S
27-02-06, 05:20

just keep in mind PEs have stealth

Terayon
27-02-06, 06:03
just keep in mind PEs have stealth

And hybrids have aoe. :angel:

Kame
27-02-06, 06:06
And pure damage weapons like poison and fire beams/halos para, DB and sanctums.

Koshinn
27-02-06, 07:00
And pure damage weapons like poison and fire beams/halos para, DB and sanctums.

PEs have pure damage weapons. Unmodded guns for pierce or energy. Freezer weapons for xray.
PEs have parashock. Freezer weapons again.
PEs have AoE. HC weapons and rocket pistols.
PEs have DB.
PEs have sanctums.

See, they're balanced already. :angel:

Terayon
27-02-06, 07:07
PEs have pure damage weapons. Unmodded guns for pierce or energy. Freezer weapons for xray.
PEs have parashock. Freezer weapons again.
PEs have AoE. HC weapons and rocket pistols.
PEs have DB.
PEs have sanctums.

See, they're balanced already. :angel:

Hopefully dirus knows better :lol: .

eprodigy
27-02-06, 07:47
yep.. i look forward to the day people can't hide behind unbalanced chars and pretend they don't suck...

Retro V
27-02-06, 08:16
And the same goes for people hiding behind overpowered chars pretending they own.

A cheap retort, I know.

Regardless, it's my philosophy that 9 times out of 10 the solo pker will beat the solo pk-ee through the element of surprise; 9 times out of 10 the apu/ppu team will beat another combo through the factors of highest damage output coupled with unholy heal; 9 times out of 10 duels will be won by the biggest junkie; 9 times out of 10 victory will be decided in favour of the most ruthless (clipping whores, nib-heals etc).

And 9 times out of 10 catfood commercials use rigged statistics. :lol:

Apocalypsox
27-02-06, 08:19
and 7 times out of 10 my Silent Hunter kills the noob that thinks he can take me. until the stealthwhoring redflash 90/90 agi/ath PE shows up and follows me arround with a judge. :lol:

ANYWAYS is this video worth downloading to my collection of NC PVP vids? or is it just more fetish gankage?

Retro V
27-02-06, 08:24
Its just one guy in 3 pretty fair fights from start to finish against a pistol spy, a HC tank and HC PE. Not particularly impressive victories, but then it must slow him down some to run fraps at the same time.

jini
27-02-06, 10:40
Dirus, please confirm me the following if you like:

1. healing power increases as you shoot all 3 main damage areas, BUT hitting target boxes doesnt decrease right?

2. the increase in healing power materializes ONLY if you heal using your spells/medkits, otherwise damage taken is same, provided the other guy can aim well/ do damage.

3. there is no differentiation of ANY kind between burst type/single shot guns in terms of damage dealing, and I would say that burst type can be advantageous if aimed right (headshots/legshots)

About ballancing:

1. I agree that if healing power goes stronger the more you get damage has to be fixed, ballancing it by taking in account all characters and time in case of surprise attacks

2. Don't remove the higher skill thats required for using burst type weapons and bonuses they give over single shot ones

3. Don't remove legshots that lead to game fun (also a skilled shot) but in order to remove the random chance one has, and the power of the Unholy Heal you might have to remove it from monks entirely (if you keep their no reticle function) and maybe relate it with your overall ability to carry stuff (transport)

4. I wanted to wait until the forum was up and running, but this thread is a good chance as well:
Equalize runspeed for all runners, regardless whether they draw their weapon or not. I have seen a lot of excuses about cannons being heavy, rifles less heavy and pistols being the lightest of all. This will help those that use several different characters ingame and will make aiming ballanced to all.

Kame
27-02-06, 11:44
I think in the past the power of stuff like the HL had to be boosted because of that effect.

It would be nice to see a less powerfull HL.

In fact beams making locational damage makes no sense.

But then weapons like laser beams (non locational) are better to finish off ppl.

This balance should be fixed and the locational weapons should be as deadly as the non-locational ones, especially in low health situations.

Then u could make the HL non locational and nerf its damage a bit.

Spells like the Queenflame Avalanche should make locational damage, as it requires a line of sight to hit.

Brammers
27-02-06, 12:11
Equalize runspeed for all runners, regardless whether they draw their weapon or not. I have seen a lot of excuses about cannons being heavy, rifles less heavy and pistols being the lightest of all. This will help those that use several different characters ingame and will make aiming ballanced to all.

Granted I find the runspeed penalty with a gun out a pain on my HC tank, but then I am carrying a BFG, and not a STG. If I had to carry a BFG in real life, I think I would find it hard to aim doing the 100m sprint.

If you made runspeed equal for all with weapons drawn, wouldn't that tip the balance the wrong way? Ie the tanks would win, because they can deal more damage and dodge the shots better.

giga191
27-02-06, 12:19
Equalize runspeed for all runners, regardless whether they draw their weapon or not. I have seen a lot of excuses about cannons being heavy, rifles less heavy and pistols being the lightest of all. This will help those that use several different characters ingame and will make aiming ballanced to all. I agree that it will make it easier to balance, but it removes different play styles from the game. Every decent FPS out there slows you down when you carry bigger guns

jini
27-02-06, 12:40
I agree that it will make it easier to balance, but it removes different play styles from the game. Every decent FPS out there slows you down when you carry bigger guns
if "bigger" guns do more damage then i can accept the loss of speed, but in neocron there's no such thing. You got the ultra fast melee tank that also has the ability to stunn as well, while you also have the slow as snail rifle spy in contrast. Between these 2 extremes you can get every possible variation, maybe with the exception of the no PA hybrid monk.

As my personal experience and as I have said already I firmly believe that in neocron what matters most in a duel is skill(aim+dodging) @ 80% and the rest 20% is setups, provided we are talking of a decent pc which can get you to at least 30fps (e.g not a PIII@ 600MHz). Now taking in concideration that most if not all one way or another have after 3 yrs playing a decent setup, what's really left is the skill therefore the speed, because aim is also very much speed related

giga191
27-02-06, 14:26
if "bigger" guns do more damage then i can accept the loss of speed, but in neocron there's no such thing. You got the ultra fast melee tank that also has the ability to stunn as well, while you also have the slow as snail rifle spy in contrast. Between these 2 extremes you can get every possible variation, maybe with the exception of the no PA hybrid monk.

good thing they are doing balancing now then :p

jini
27-02-06, 16:44
good thing they are doing balancing now then :p
...and since we all agree, crossbow is not overpowered, what about a small hotfix for a slllight booost of the crossbow? :cool:

Koshinn
27-02-06, 18:24
...and since we all agree, crossbow is not overpowered, what about a small hotfix for a slllight booost of the crossbow? :cool:
I think that was sarcasm, but I'm not sure... :confused:

Scaramanga
27-02-06, 20:02
Sorry for going off topic.
Nice PvP vid. Has Joe been permabanned from the forums? Shame if he has.

RogerRamjet
27-02-06, 20:03
He started an uprising or something, iirc :rolleyes:

Safunte
27-02-06, 20:22
i think something that would start to balancing monks out in a MAJOR way would be to remove the locational damage of beams... for 1 it doesn't make sense and then it makes it a better pvp weapon.

LiL T
27-02-06, 20:28
i think something that would start to balancing monks out in a MAJOR way would be to remove the locational damage of beams... for 1 it doesn't make sense and then it makes it a better pvp weapon.

No...

Safunte
27-02-06, 20:34
so you think that if your entire body got hit by a bolt of lightning you should only be hurt in the face?

Kame
27-02-06, 20:34
With the current state of things, as i posted before, making the Beams non locational would overpower then, as they'd hit 3 ares of bodi.
So when shot on a low HP person i would be like 2x more effective.

Though they SHOULD remove the locational factor if they fix the low HP thing.

Safunte
27-02-06, 20:36
either way, it pisses me off that someone can run up behind you, and you're feet are instantly gone before you can begin fighting, or that you can take two-three hits in the head by it and take an insane amount of damage before throwing up a heal or db and pulling out your gun.

LiL T
27-02-06, 20:48
Aye Kame explained it, sometimes you survive many HL hits due to the monk only hiting you in the head. The low health thing, causes problems yes but if it was not for how it worked. APU's would be killing people alot faster than they are now, that might be great if the APU was not holy buffed. With its low defence for high damage output but we have this PPU/APU thing, which comes with DB and parra plus anti stealth. It just would not be fun getting killed by 4 -5 holylightings every time PPU/APU combo shows up =/

Torq
27-02-06, 23:25
Depends on which side you play tbh =/

Dr J Zoidberg
27-02-06, 23:58

Dirus, that wasn't a tank, that was a PE... He is a HC PE tank...

-Z

sultana
28-02-06, 00:25
either way, it pisses me off that someone can run up behind you, and you're feet are instantly gone before you can begin fighting, or that you can take two-three hits in the head by it and take an insane amount of damage before throwing up a heal or db and pulling out your gun.
That can happen with every weapon though.

Tarn
04-03-06, 19:34
So im sitting here wondering Mr ave joe, why didnt you post the fight when i had boosters after that? :rolleyes: Lost respect on that one.

Nixon
04-03-06, 20:34
Did he pwn your ego by not putting a scene there where you might've killed him? :)

Damn..

cl0wn
05-03-06, 04:55
The movie was good and yes i do suck with a xbow spy ^^ but at the end if you want to know the precise hp average joe was on (11 hp).

Bugs Gunny
05-03-06, 09:10
You can all go low health and very high resist and i'll laugh my ass off.
It all depends on what weapon the other person is using and where he aims it.

My personal preference for weapons for a pe are terminator, tl92 pulselaser (damn overpowered for it's tl and being a nonrare), judge and xbow. Slasher and exec are on another level, slasher for easier aim, exec will hurt more if you can aim it.

And yes, low health is good when all hitboxes are dammaged and your oponent uses plasma. Once he whips out a ravager or something that does the same dammage no matter how low the health you're dead meat.

Koshinn
05-03-06, 09:47
And yes, low health is good when all hitboxes are dammaged and your oponent uses plasma. Once he whips out a ravager or something that does the same dammage no matter how low the health you're dead meat.

Or he pulls out a Fire Apoc and 1 shot kills you. :lol:

Apocalypsox
05-03-06, 10:01
dont forget the hilarious endeavour of trying to 1) Avoid a Silent Hunter while 2) trying to find the fucking spy pinning you down all alone with his fucking leet silent hunter :lol: remind me to make a video of that.

(PS the reason for this was gunnars above post about preferred PvP weapons...just thought id add my favorite)