PDA

View Full Version : Computer has went mad

cRazy-
25-02-06, 17:12
OK this is seriously getting fucked up bigstyle.

My mouse is still being erratic, sometimes it'll freeze, other times whenever I move my mouse it will do its own thing, if its kept still the pointer will not move, even if I move it very slowly it moves at an erratic speed clicking all over the screen, its managed to open my start menu folder a few times.

About an hour ago Ive just lost my sound, Windows media was on, turned it off, put game on, sound was gone, tried to play music it said the sound devices were corrupt even though in device manager they were ok, I restarted and it was working again.

Also not too long ago my entire computer turned back into the windows 95' theme (grey toolbars etc) for about 3 seconds, then changed back to the usual Windows XP theme, no joke.

err what else, oh yeah my num/caps/scroll lock lights on my keyboard randomly flash sometimes, my mouse somtimes scrolls by itself, sticks to one side of the screen, in certain games like C&C Generals I cant click buttons, select units, plus when im playing a game it often freezes every few seconds.

This thing is just going absolutely insane, anyone got any ideas because im clueless.

Apocalypsox
25-02-06, 18:28
i think its time for a new computer crazy. :lol:

Nidhogg
25-02-06, 18:30
Computer has went mad? You did should reinstall. :p

N

elGringo
25-02-06, 18:46
format c: ftw! :)

FarSight
25-02-06, 19:02
Your problems starts after turning comp on or after it running some time ??
if after running some time it can be due to overheat:
- check for overheating (fans, radiators),
- clean up all inside (remove dust etc).
if starts after turning on then reinstall with full hdd format, if it doesnt help i bet its mobo fault.

Apocalypsox
25-02-06, 20:44
if you reformat remember to A) put the new client on a disk so you dont gotta redownload it. B) Put all your patches on a disk. Trust me, that one hurts.

Heavyporker
25-02-06, 20:48
*A-FUCKING-MEN* to having backups of patches. It simply hurts to re-download all these. GRRR!

Almost as bad as downloading the 1.6+ GB client. RAGRRHRRHRHRRRR

rob444
25-02-06, 21:50
TROJAN!!!

nvm, Mouse moving around in awkward ways, sound getting "corrupt", hmm, checked your memory sticks lately? :P, wrong settings/bad memory sticks can do really neat stuff you never knew windows was capable of ^^. I witnessed my gf's computer with bad memory sticks, awkward the least...

Richard Slade
25-02-06, 22:08
and don't forget the browser favourites!

Darken
26-02-06, 16:47
Its neither your computer nor a trojan. Just windows :p

Heavyporker
26-02-06, 21:07
crazy... Believe me, I know how you feel.

If you need any consoling, just drop me a line. I've gained a great deal of ability to deal with Neocrack withdrawal.