PDA

View Full Version : Weird setup of the week!

Blausiegel
24-02-06, 10:10
This is for you my fellow NC 1 comrades!
I know that some of you want to get the good ol' times back...
so here i bring them back for you!

Let me introduce you the No-PA-Spy...(again :angel: )
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/2838/nopaspy23gl.th.jpg (http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nopaspy23gl.jpg)

Right on, its a full combat specced spy without the needs of a PA.The nastiest thing to overcome is the huge decrease in xray resists.
Here you got 91 (skillmanager values) xray resists...quite enought to take a punch or two. The rest of the setup is quite easy to understand i think.
He caps a slasher with ease, pokes all tl and hacks about everything (wondering about high sl belts) with Dolinskin.
Sure you need a huge amount of drugs to keep this viable for fights, but thats something every spy has to consider.
(Besides, he uses the same drugs as my PA-wearing PC-Spy...the only difference is a Moveon instead of the Targeting 3, a 50 hp boost and some minor resists.)
Drugs:
- Red-/Whiteflash
- Beast/Xstrong
- Nightspider
- Paratemol forte

So KK, now we need sunglasses coming with the next patch! :D

Bugs Gunny
24-02-06, 11:29
Nice setup.

You know, you could wear a holovest and look like a tank, untill the countdown starts, then switch to normal armor, the opponent turns around, wondering where the tnak went and you get 4 bursts in before he even reacts :angel:

unreal
24-02-06, 11:55
Then there's the more probable alternative option... you wear the holovest... and get killed instantly by the nearby enemy APU that just zoned out of the UG while taking it off. :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
24-02-06, 12:51
Could probably ditch the target 3 for a moveon, which would get you a lot more xray resist.

Ang on a sec lemme find my old NC1 setup....

Blausiegel
24-02-06, 15:03
Nice setup DJ...for a PE. :angel:

Bugs Gunny
24-02-06, 15:22
He keeps shoving his "leet" kami pe setup down our throats doesn't he?

Dribble Joy
24-02-06, 15:32
Eh?

It's hardly leet.... and I don't show it when there's no reason to...

Bugs Gunny
24-02-06, 15:34
Should i pull it out and show it to you now?
Or is this not the occasion?

Dribble Joy
24-02-06, 15:36
I don't want to see your cock, no.

Bugs Gunny
24-02-06, 15:38
Dj, stop dreaming about my genitals, seriously the obsession you have for my groin is embarassing to me.

I was talking about my setups, i have no idea where your mind was but it's verified a rumour that was going around about you, that's for sure.

Dribble Joy
24-02-06, 15:41
I have an OCD yes, but it has nothing to do with cocks.

Which setup you mean? NC1?

Bugs Gunny
24-02-06, 15:43
There is no new and special setups, it's all been done before.

fjutte
24-02-06, 19:19
There is no new and special setups, it's all been done before.

You sure about that? What about resser PE, droner tank, pistol monk...

Dribble Joy
24-02-06, 19:57
pistol tank, apu PE, melee spy, yes yes, it all really has been done.

Blausiegel
24-02-06, 20:43
At the moment i am trying to come up with a good pistol-Tank setup using the Tangent Epic Pistol.
But i have absolutely no clue about the amount of PC/Wep i would need to bring it to a decent level.
Also the con of that Tank is still a mess but i am working on it.
Libbi and Wyatt Earp is something i have seen often (got a Wyatt Tank already) but i can remember
only two Tanks who were TC user. Thats a challenge i enjoy alot. ;)

Koshinn
24-02-06, 21:23
At the moment i am trying to come up with a good pistol-Tank setup using the Tangent Epic Pistol.
But i have absolutely no clue about the amount of PC/Wep i would need to bring it to a decent level.
Also the con of that Tank is still a mess but i am working on it.
Libbi and Wyatt Earp is something i have seen often (got a Wyatt Tank already) but i can remember
only two Tanks who were TC user. Thats a challenge i enjoy alot. ;)

Pistol / rifle tanks seriously suck. They're like pistol/rifle PEs, but worse in every way.

Blausiegel
25-02-06, 14:54
Well, for me its not all about getting the best setup, but to max out the possibilities each class offers.
Sure, most cookie cutter setups are better when it comes to fighting etc. but its fun to see variation ingame. ;)

Dribble Joy
25-02-06, 14:58
Exactly, which is why I went kami. Though I did gain loads of offencive power, the defence trade off was just a little bit too much. I didn't mind, but it put other people off, so it was kinda fun to be a little unique.

Blausiegel
25-02-06, 15:16
Never had a Kami chip in my life...but i see the the fun in it.
Would be nice to see something like that ingame again. Or MC5s without requirements (after balancing ofc).

Dribble Joy
25-02-06, 15:36
It was so much fun. Before my judge was a nice, sedate weapon, I put the kami in and it was this rampant monster. Clearly now all judges are rampant monsters.

Kame
25-02-06, 21:31
There currently is on terra a droner(revenge) melle tank hybrid : Ulhrick.

And no its not me, and what, that guy was crossbow tank back when it wasnt WoC.

Koshinn
26-02-06, 02:00
Exactly, which is why I went kami. Though I did gain loads of offencive power, the defence trade off was just a little bit too much. I didn't mind, but it put other people off, so it was kinda fun to be a little unique.

No that's not it... yes it was pretty unique, but you made a trade off. You gained offense and lost defense. Making a pc/rc tank you lose defense and offense. You don't gain anything ...