PDA

View Full Version : Any news on a patch soon?

Tauan
24-02-06, 04:35
Just been wondering if there is a chance of a patch soon! Not screaming for one now but think it would be cool to see something new in the game. So any ETA on a patch?

Pantho
24-02-06, 04:52
12/06/07 :-

eprodigy
24-02-06, 05:09
why ?

game is perfect already

Tauan
24-02-06, 07:37
Far from perfect....RLY fecking good...but not perfect....i was just hopeing to see even something as minor as a alliance shift in the factions or someting to spark a lil excitement.

krynstone
24-02-06, 09:31
I think they decided to not release any patches until the major release of evo 2.2
I believe they decided was better to stick with large updates

Nidhogg
24-02-06, 11:07
I think they decided to not release any patches until the major release of evo 2.2
I believe they decided was better to stick with large updates
That's not true (I'm not having a go at you personally but this is a misaprehension that needs to be stopped). There's a patch in the works to help with a number of short-term issues and we will continue to patch. We have stated on many occasions that we aren't going to stop patching just because we're working on Evol 2.2.

I can't give you a date for the next patch I'm afraid but it's on it's way "soon".

N

Riddle
24-02-06, 11:56
Good to hear a Patch is in the works, but i have some concerns tbh Nid.

Lately i have been seeing player Pops fall over the past few weeks :( people i have spoke to feel that NC has lost its momentum with no real news on progress or patches.

With the whole review of damage etc. Dirus is looking at some have left as there is no point getting a good setup, when all is going to change.

but on the plus side Neocronicle/VOTR articles are great lately with the corresponding changes in game! nice touch.

Coming of the back of consistent patches, release of 2.1, reskinning of Neocron.com, release of the 2D game it seems very quiet on the KK front from our side, just a thought :angel:

unreal
24-02-06, 12:04
Speaking of the storyline, most of the fences that were placed to restrict access to food vendors/whatnot are easily evadable... especially the one in the NEXT HQ, you can merely go up the gravlift and walk over the other side. :p

I'm sure this will get classed as another "insult" but someone really should have paid more attention and tested getting around each of them as they were placed. If something's going to be added it should be done right.

Nidhogg
24-02-06, 13:09
See, that's a constructive post. If you'd said that a monkey could have done a better job placing those blocks then you'd be insulting.

Feel free to drop an email to helpdesk or create a support ticket and a GM will go take a look.

N

unreal
24-02-06, 13:45
When I spoke about monkeys being able to do a better job in that other thread, you just assumed I was talking about Reakktor, when I was actually talking about the job of being an "accountant". In this day and age computers are used, pen and paper is secondary, so you don't really need to work much out in your head, you can just type in the sums and hey presto, job's done. So Reakktor don't really need to waste money paying for someone to do that, they could just get one of their current employees to do it. A part of that post I submitted there was a bit off colour, but true...

Anyway, that's buried. There's lots of things to be spoken about regarding that type of fence too, which is best saved for a help ticket. :rolleyes: I'll make a quick list and send it to Phase.

Apocalypsox
24-02-06, 19:16
Unreal sometimes weird GM work is fun :D cagefighting in plaza 2, 2 PEs 1 cardboard box tank and a PPU is funny as hell tbh :lol:

Tratos
24-02-06, 19:28
Well its good news to know there will be a patch before 2.2.

Now to find out what else it does excluding the 5FS per faction mission.

Zheo
24-02-06, 20:17
There's a patch in the works to help with a number of short-term issues and we will continue to patch.

Please say something to do with CM soul light issue?

krynstone
24-02-06, 21:16
My mistake....:). Sorry about the mis-information

elGringo
24-02-06, 22:14
When I spoke about monkeys being able to do a better job in that other thread, you just assumed I was talking about Reakktor, when I was actually talking about the job of being an "accountant". In this day and age computers are used, pen and paper is secondary, so you don't really need to work much out in your head, you can just type in the sums and hey presto, job's done. So Reakktor don't really need to waste money paying for someone to do that

Obviously, you have not the slightest clue of german tax, employment and insurance laws. A business the size of Reakktor needs someone who is focussed on those issues... punching in a few numbers in your smoke brake doesnt do the job.
I cant comment for the UK or US .. but I'd be very suprised if you dont need a person thats trained in legal matters and accounting to run a mid-sized business over there as well.

Heavyporker
25-02-06, 00:24
wait a minute, what's this about food vendors being blocked off?!

Tratos
25-02-06, 00:36
wait a minute, what's this about food vendors being blocked off?!
http://www.neocronicle.com/?p=135
Mutants attacked Neocron's food production factory

http://www.neocronicle.com/?p=138
Attack was decoy, mutants been at food for weeks, low rations and all that jazz, food suppliers closed.

http://www.neocronicle.com/?p=139
Neocore tries to strut its funky stuff.

Dribble Joy
25-02-06, 00:41
I cant comment for the UK or US .. but I'd be very suprised if you dont need a person thats trained in legal matters and accounting to run a mid-sized business over there as well.
Any business with finanital complexities such as a games developer will need to either have an in house accountant or contract to an accounting agents.

As to NEOCORE 'strutting it's stuff'; we will have to see, though as I see it they seem to be avoiding using their own troop resourses...

Heavyporker
25-02-06, 01:25
O...M....G...

I've simply got to get back into Neocron already, fuck!

eprodigy
25-02-06, 02:32
ffs a monkey could've done a better job placing those blocks

i think the reason people assume they aren't going to patch is because its been quite a while. we'll probably get one in a month and it will have 3 fixes that no one cares about. im not having a go either but that's what has happened in the past...