PDA

View Full Version : Which client do you use?

Tratos
24-02-06, 01:07
By which client i mean...

Neocron 2 Client + 53 Patches

Or

Neocron 2.1 Client + 4 Patches?

I downloaded the 2.1 client so it would be less of a faff to back up then decided to reinstall with that client version after doing so my Neocron seemed to behave itself a bit more than usual and load times dropped a fair bit.

Just to see if people get better performance from the older, fragmented client with 4 million additional files and folders or the newer one with most stuff excluding the post 149 tucked away in the pak files.

Well thats what i assume happens as Neocron 2 had alot more folders than 2.1 sitting in the directory :p

for me New Client > Old Client.

elGringo
24-02-06, 01:08
less patchwork (especially large patches) = better client in terms of performance / stability .. no big secret :)

Tratos
24-02-06, 01:11
less patchwork (especially large patches) = better client in terms of performance / stability .. no big secret :)
I guess its not but i get the feeling some members of the community who experience alot of stability issues may be using the older client due to the "cba factor" which is the lines i was running on untill i realied there would be less "cba factor" if i didnt have to download lots of patches if i needed to reinstall/reformat and unable/forgot to backup

LiL T
24-02-06, 02:01
I'm pretty sure both are exactly the same :rolleyes:

Terayon
24-02-06, 02:54
I use the original nc2 client. Dont want to have to download another. Realy doubt there is any diffrence though.

RogerRamjet
24-02-06, 03:45
NC 2.1 runs a hell alot more smoothly for me.

MrTrip
24-02-06, 03:48
I got all the patches........o_O should I just get 2.1 + 4 patches? O_o

yavimaya
24-02-06, 05:45
Well not long after the release i heard rumours that people using the 2.1 Client, had less fatals.
So i tried it, and they were right.... If you think it will fix the sync errors - it may be the server, it may be the client - Think again, im pretty sure i get more syncs now than ever before.

Terayon
24-02-06, 07:26
I actualy dont get many sync problems in nc either aside from the odd zone syncing. Half the time i go into nf i sync back at the entrance. That and sometimes i need to relog 2-5 times to use my weapon, see my primes, see my sd, see my drugs, pull out my weapon, ect ect. Usaly a combination, and it changes every time i relog until finaly i dont have any bugs.

Brammers
24-02-06, 11:54
Still using the 2.0 client with all the patches. There is definatly the CBA factor to re-download the client.

I got all the patches........o_O should I just get 2.1 + 4 patches? O_o

If you got patches 150 to 153, you don't need to re-download them. Just download the 2.1 client.

cMz
24-02-06, 11:58
I still use the old client (NC2 + lots of patches), and I dont have many problems from home.
I sometimes have to relog once to get my equipment, but that happens seldom. I normally sync fine. I only FRE sometime when I try to quit the game, but that doesnt really matter.

I tried to bring my laptop to my parents in Shanghai, and from their appartment I could only log on to NC, if I tried 10-15 times.

I dont think the client is the problem. I think the network from different places in the world is more or less stable.
From Denmark the connection is fine, but from Shanghai there is a lot of "bad" routers to get through.

I have downloaded the new client, just didnt install it yet.

giga191
24-02-06, 12:30
i use the new client and still get the usual assortment of synch bugs and FREs

Bullt
24-02-06, 12:45
No worries boys & girls !

I sent an email to Mythbusters (http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/about/about.html) ( the TV show) so we should get this new urban legend sorted out in a month or so… ;)

(Meanwhile, any official word perhaps?)

Argent
24-02-06, 14:55
It's been recommended by officials, that if one faces problems with the older patched client, one should try the 2.1 version.

And it figures.

Bugs Gunny
24-02-06, 15:13
The only good comparison i can make regarding to buginess etc is this one:

Customer: Hi there, i'm using a windows 98se and i have problems sometimes.
Support: Here, install this windows ME version, it's a lot better.

I don't know any other games that will let you FRE 2-4 times per playing night, and that's taking into account you restart the game about 5 times to free up ram too.

Rob01m
24-02-06, 15:37
I'm using the 2.1 client and haven't had any stability issues besides the memory leak yet. :angel:

Argent
24-02-06, 18:20
Customer: Hi there, i'm using a windows 98se and i have problems sometimes.
Support: Here, install this windows ME version, it's a lot better.

Actually it would be more like a comparision between Win98 patched up to ME level and actual fresh ME install.