PDA

View Full Version : no free play?

voodoo47
23-02-06, 23:04
ok,bought the game retail,installed ton of patches,created account (selecting pay by email as I have no idea about the rest of payment methods),but when I run the game and log in,I have a message "account has expired".I was under the impression that you have a few days for free (four weeks according to the banner on the box) so you can try the game before you pay the fees.and thats exactly what I would like to do,try the game before I pay the activation fee&first month fee (30 euro total).

any idea what to do?

Tratos
23-02-06, 23:07
You have to use the click2pay payment method to get the 4 free weeks if i remember correctly.

Nidhogg
23-02-06, 23:18
No, you have to use C2P for the free trial. You get a free month with a full purchase whether it's boxed or online (minus the free trial days).

If your account says it's expired there's probably a problem with the setup of your payment so please contact account@neocron.com for help.

N

voodoo47
23-02-06, 23:59
hm.but click2pay wont accept my card (100% paypal verified).that means no free play for me..I'll probably cancel my account until I have a decent internet conection (this shared dsl cr@p suxx).guess I'll have payments figured out till then.

thanks for now..

Nidhogg
24-02-06, 00:25
No, again, the C2P restriction is only for the free trial. If you've already purchased the boxed edition then you get your first month's play built into the price you've already paid. You can therefore go with PayByCash if necessary. I'd still advise talking to account@neocron.com to find out if they can help you with your C2P issue.

N

optiplex
24-02-06, 14:09
dont dooo C2P! they'll eventually add a new payment method within the next year or so.

voodoo47
24-02-06, 15:30
I see.hmmm.I need to think this over.

ok,first thing I need to do is change the payment method,I dont think paybycash is the way to go.is it possible to do that without canceling the account?

second,I would like to avoid click2pay if possible.browsed the forum and it seems like they can be a real pain (not mentioning I was not able to register my card-I'll send a mail if nothing else works).can someone recommend a good alternative service? I would prefer one that doesnt have direct access to my bank account (something like "transfer some money to the payment service account and then you can transfer it wherever you like".something like virtual wallet.sorry for the clumsy description :rolleyes: ).

voodoo47
24-02-06, 17:04
ok,decided to go with moneybookers.their FAQ was great and the fees are almost non-existent.now I need to change the payment method somehow :confused:

Nidhogg
24-02-06, 17:45
I'm not familiar with moneybookers. How are you intending to route that money through Click2Pay or PayByCash (they are the only two providers we support at the current time).

N

xyl_az
24-02-06, 17:52
I see.hmmm.I need to think this over.

ok,first thing I need to do is change the payment method,I dont think paybycash is the way to go.is it possible to do that without canceling the account?

second,I would like to avoid click2pay if possible.browsed the forum and it seems like they can be a real pain (not mentioning I was not able to register my card-I'll send a mail if nothing else works).can someone recommend a good alternative service? I would prefer one that doesnt have direct access to my bank account (something like "transfer some money to the payment service account and then you can transfer it wherever you like".something like virtual wallet.sorry for the clumsy description :rolleyes: ).

its called paybycash and paynova - assuming u're in EU, if you're outside europe PBC is offering some other services which allows you to pay through your credit card. So its definitely possible.

[ edited ]

uh and dont bother with account@neocron.com, its a waste of time, they might be useful when it comes into game issues but they will ignore everything about c2p problems, just as c2p itself. So my advice is - go for PBC, it isnt great (and its more expensive afaik), but everything is better than c2p [ edited ].

voodoo47
24-02-06, 18:12
I'm not familiar with moneybookers. How are you intending to route that money through Click2Pay or PayByCash (they are the only two providers we support at the current time).

N
:eek: well thats some news.when I was creating the accout,there were far more payment options available than just those two.this is starting to look more and more complicated.

ok,one thing is sure,my account is set to use PayByCash right now,an I need to change that.should I cancel that account and create it again?

and yes,I'm in EU,and I have a fully working credit card that works with paypal with no problems (transferred some money few hours ago,worked great as always).

so basically,can I use some other payment method apart from Click2Pay or PayByCash? if yes,which one?

Nidhogg
24-02-06, 18:14
We receive payments from C2P and PBC but PBC themselves offer a number of ways of paying them. It could be that the one you mentioned is offered by PBC but it didn't ring any bells with me.

@Xylaz - if you post something as defamatory as that again you're going to get into trouble. Remember where you are.

N

/edit - PBC's list of payment providers for Neocron can be found here:
https://secure.paybycash.com/orders/paymentmethods.htm

I notice that moneybookers is right at the bottom of the list there so you're ok! :)

xyl_az
24-02-06, 18:18
:eek: well thats some news.when I was creating the accout,there were far more payment options available than just those two.this is starting to look more and more complicated.

ok,one thing is sure,my account is set to use PayByCash right now,an I need to change that.should I cancel that account and create it again?

and yes,I'm in EU,and I have a fully working credit card that works with paypal with no problems (transferred some money few hours ago,worked great as always).

so basically,can I use some other payment method apart from Click2Pay or PayByCash? if yes,which one?

paynova, just log into the launcher, select pbc as your payment service, click on add playing time (or whatever it is) then you choose paynova transfer from available options.
use the link, go to paynova site, create account, transfer money, click on the PBC link and its paid. For the first time you will have to wait a day or two i think (some stupid account verification)

basically paynova is a wirtual wallet, you can transfer your money from your credit card to this wallet, and then PBC will charge amount needed from paynova wallet. Its quite simple and seems to work. (at least for me)

voodoo47
24-02-06, 18:30
ok,thanks.I'll try to do as you say.

xyl_az
24-02-06, 18:44
screenies below:

step 1, launcher - click (*here*) to add gametime, then choose payment etc
http://www.ofos.strefa.pl/huh/pbc1.jpg

step 2, follow for the pbc payment
http://ofos.strefa.pl/huh/pbc2.jpg

step 3, choose paynova
http://ofos.strefa.pl/huh/pbc3.jpg

step 4, if u are paying for the first time you have to click on the little *here* to create paynova account, nothing too complicated there, dont worry.
Then later after registering and verifying your paynova account you will only click on the pay through paynova link
http://ofos.strefa.pl/huh/pbc4.jpg

step 5, just log in, all the payment details are already below
http://ofos.strefa.pl/huh/pbc5.jpg

step 6, just transfer payment and thats all (assuming you have enough money), then wait untill KK activate your account (might take awhile though, around 24 hours for me)
http://ofos.strefa.pl/huh/pbc6.jpg

voodoo47
24-02-06, 19:43
oh yes! idiotproof guides,I loove those.you have my eternal gratitude :D

I finally have the idea how things work.I think I'll use moneybookers though,the transfer will take a few days but they dont require me giving them my credit card details (thats cool,cause I dont like to give those).just transferred the money to moneybrokers via my bank account,if everything goes well,I'll be online in few days.

thanks again :)

xyl_az
25-02-06, 01:34
oh yes! idiotproof guides,I loove those.you have my eternal gratitude :D

I finally have the idea how things work.I think I'll use moneybookers though,the transfer will take a few days but they dont require me giving them my credit card details (thats cool,cause I dont like to give those).just transferred the money to moneybrokers via my bank account,if everything goes well,I'll be online in few days.

thanks again :)

np

anyways, i think you dont have to give them (neither pbc nor paynova) any cc details, as you just manually enter your credit card info every time you want to make a payment, so technically, its only you who control and have the access to important data.