PDA

View Full Version : cm situation

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 14:00
we cm dont have fun at mom. i dont talk about we lost our ops, i talk about sl system. we dont can kill someone to get better sl and our mission are buged till 2.1 so we sit 24h in our apps for defending us or other cms and the atackers are back after 3mins with positiv sl. kk should do something... fast....very fast

commerzgandalf
23-02-06, 14:01
i think this thread is as fast closed as the german one har har har ^^

nobby
23-02-06, 14:01
throw a ball at the wall and see how many times you can catch it before you drop it...

If you're bored.

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 14:03
its just not fair. thats all. and kk should do something. i rl donno if they know this shit and i donno a other way to tell them.

Spermy
23-02-06, 14:05
its just not fair. thats all. and kk should do something. i rl donno if they know this shit and i donno a other way to tell them.

Of course they know it.

CM do need more enemies to fight, to be fair.

Tratos
23-02-06, 14:07
Alternativly there needs to be a new system built around CM in terms of hired fire power or clan wars need to work as intended all those years ago.

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 14:08
must not be enemy, a change in sl system would be enough. with this enemy killing getting +sl, the hole system dont rl have any sence. it should stop ppl killing to much. but its toooooo easy to get positiv sl back.

Drake6k
23-02-06, 14:48
must not be enemy, a change in sl system would be enough. with this enemy killing getting +sl, the hole system dont rl have any sence. it should stop ppl killing to much. but its toooooo easy to get positiv sl back.

I totally agree Man.

Clobber
23-02-06, 15:02
They should make CM red to a few factions, the faction is boring and dead at the moment. CM used to always be a popular faction and have at least 1 fairly big clan.

Yes sl needs rework or clan wars blah blah blah but its not goin happen, so just give em some enemies tbh.

Still, RD did a good job of fucking the faction over actually, so its not all KK's fault. Anyways you got your neutrality to TG, you made your bed now lie in it ;)

John Bushido
23-02-06, 15:02
i guess Cm would be a great faction if KK would improve some kind of Contract system, that means my lil 3 char trader clan hire some merc if he gets pissed from someone, this mercs are still in the cm faction but for the time of the contract they are also BT with the usual BT F6 symp etc etc, i think this would help a lot, those contracting Cm would also be red to doy (in this BT case)........

oh, and sry for my bad english.... but every translation programm i used sucks

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 15:07
just kk kill the faction at mom. the only clan we active atacked and was cm too was the pkclan fetish alias venom, wich atacked us too.all others wich left cm was to soft for it.
CM is it to hard, u are to soft. j/k ;)

to the idea with change faction through a job. not bad, but i think its enough when we have the chance to get better sl. it not must be an enemy. to fix the missions and bring all mission npc into one zone should be enough.

Jaffo
23-02-06, 15:12
i guess Cm would be a great faction if KK would improve some kind of Contract system, that means my lil 3 char trader clan hire some merc if he gets pissed from someone, this mercs are still in the cm faction but for the time of the contract they are also BT with the usual BT F6 symp etc etc, i think this would help a lot, those contracting Cm would also be red to doy (in this BT case)........

oh, and sry for my bad english.... but every translation programm i used sucks

thats sounds like a pretty decent idea

Zheo
23-02-06, 15:23
Still, RD did a good job of fucking the faction over actually, so its not all KK's fault. Anyways you got your neutrality to TG, you made your bed now lie in it ;)

So tell me how did RD "fuck the faction over"? I most have joined after that because all i've done is sit on my arse accept fighting a few clans that don't like CM runners... no names no law sues.

On the SL problem, either CM shouldnt lose SL for killing runners accept in apps and dungeons or as was stated a contract system though thats probably too complex to add into the game.

CM problem is soul light, they can't do their job why? kill and you lose SL, how are we suposed to be hired to say "avange" a runner or protect someone if we can't kill anyone outside an op? Other runners get +sl for killing reds, but we have no reds and rightly so we're neutral we can't be neutral if we have reds, unless all are reds then no one would play CM unless they wanted to die
:D

Edit:/ Smokey69 what if your little 3 member clan is attacked by a neutral or ally? CM might not want to be contracted into killing greens or yellows if they lose sl for it.

Dribble Joy
23-02-06, 15:26
CM don't need nor should have enemies or allies. What we do need is a rework of what CM are and how they opperate within the NC world.

CM are not the same kind of faction as the others. They have no territorial, political or economical reason to fight anyone in the traditional sense.

The SL system needs a rework. With SL, player hirings and npc based assassination/assualt missions just wouldn't work.
A purely symp based system would provide a muc better arena for all factions and allow CMs to take jobs on either or both sides with consequences for each.

l8m0n
23-02-06, 15:31
CM as a faction are ment to be for hire to do jobs, like fight in OP wars, look after your OPs when your not online, look after you if your running around the wastelands etc all for money, should not be running around plaza or PP3 killing people cos your bored :wtf:

SL works, and its how it should be, get bad sl for killing friends, gain SL for killing reds.

If you kill someone outside a battle zone as a CM you should get bad SL cos thats not what CM are about.

If your bored say to people "for 100k you can have another person to help you fight in an OP war" i know alot of newer clans that need people like you to help them fight in OP wars becuase they do not have the numbers.

So dont say your bored when your not even trying :rolleyes:

CM = carebears atm ;)

Zheo
23-02-06, 15:36
CM as a faction are ment to be for hire to do jobs, like fight in OP wars, look after your OPs when your not online, look after you if your running around the wastelands etc all for money, should not be running around plaza or PP3 killing people cos your bored :wtf:

SL works, and its how it should be, get bad sl for killing friends, gain SL for killing reds.

If you kill someone outside a battle zone as a CM you should get bad SL cos thats not what CM are about.

If your bored say to people "for 100k you can have another person to help you fight in an OP war" i know alot of newer clans that need people like you to help them fight in OP wars becuase they do not have the numbers.

So dont say your bored when your not even trying :rolleyes:

CM = carebears atm ;)

Did it EVER occour to you that maybe other factions don't see CM as neutral, how many times has a random runner attacked me for no reason? Am i supposed to run because of my SL? That's really fair True CM's ARE for hire and should be, but we have the right to defend ourselves, we also have a right to defend the MB from squables between the factions, our home is not your little playground.

I would love to advertise "For 100K CM tank will fight for you in op, or battle in pp3 or hunt a runner who killed you or to help you level, or kill juggernaughts etc" but ATM anything that involves protecting or killing other runners is scrubbed unless it's at an op

l8m0n
23-02-06, 15:43
i do attack most Cm on sight becuase ive allways been in clans that are at war with CM, this is becuase CM got bored of RPin and started taking OPs O_o lol now if you were a hardcore CM you wouldnt even think about taking OPs, so it because of stuff like this in the past that has made most people not like CM and there for thats why you are being attacked all the time ;)
So if you (as CM) stop being "were l33t and can take OPs", and be come "Im a gun for hire" more people would stop attacking you becuase they know you wont attack them (unless you are hired to kill them ;) )

Pantho
When i was CM, For the epic, i was getting shot by Everything, and i mean everything :/

The only bonus of being CM, was been able to enter Crahn church, seeing as i was a ppu ^^,

But Every1 shoots u, :/

Also now im in my real faction (BD) I dont care tbh, if i get shot by CM, i shoot back, i consider CM hostile in most cases,

/edit - You nvr now if there gonna be freindly or hired to attack u :-

Hoernerice
u forgot something. we also must defend us in mb. everyone know, that there are the pk zone nr1 at mom. so u tell me at mom im not alowed to defend me or other cms.
also i can get a bodyguard job. but for every atacker i kill bring me -sl. so i need after every killed atacker, a new char.
i dont said, that we dont had to get -sl. i also not want to be enemy to everyone. that would bring cm to a pk faction, and that not what i want.
i want fair system. where everyone have the same chance to fix sl or not. and as i said. only option we have to get better sl, is to do missions. cm missions a buged or splitet over the 2 zones with the problem of the pkzone in mb.
so at mom we wait 24h in app for 1hour playing the game.....not acceptable

Pantho
23-02-06, 15:46
Idea -

Put a Citycom at Battle Dome tbh, Then even if you have Negative SL ,you can do Cyclops missions :-

*Would only work if clanned for, for clan Symp :/

Dribble Joy
23-02-06, 15:50
I really shouldn't get into this arguement any more than I have.. but nm.

Pkers killing CMs at MB/j01. This falls under that wider umbrella of self defence, it's not a problem specific to CMs.

People (those in CM, you know who you are even if you don't admit it) need to think about their actions before complaining abuit people's reaction to you.

As I allready said the whole SL system, now or before, as a mess.

j0rz
CM = Red to all TBH :)

Hoernerice
i do attack most Cm on sight becuase ive allways been in clans that are at war with CM, this is becuase CM got bored of RPin and started taking OPs O_o lol now if you were a hardcore CM you wouldnt even think about taking OPs, so it because of stuff like this in the past that has made most people not like CM and there for thats why you are being attacked all the time ;)
So if you (as CM) stop being "were l33t and can take OPs", and be come "Im a gun for hire" more people would stop attacking you becuase they know you wont attack them (unless you are hired to kill them ;) )
u forget again something. i play 3 years now cm. i had much jobs. everytime we did job, after job, the "atacked" clan/runner set us on kos. it dont work as u think. thats utopia, and have nothing to do with the case, if we have or not have ops. in nc1 we always had ops, and noone said something against it, of course we earnd them, like we did in nc2 too.
and now we have since 2.1 no op. did something change? no. the same ppl still atack cm. they changed 5times since then their clans, but they still atack us.
one littel example to tell u again that it dont work at mom. we cms get a job this days. but i had to say no sry, of course we had to fight in not op zones.... i dont send my guys into hell. only thing that make this possible is change the system.
i getting confused at mom... sry for confusing text Oo

l8m0n
23-02-06, 15:53
Theres allways a way to get SL even as a neut so stop with the /wine

you dont want to lose SL stop PKin and zone whorin simple, fight in OP fights (theres allways atleast 1 everyday on terra ;) ) or change to BD. You have to Adapt the game is how it is winein wont change that ;)

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 15:53
People (those in CM, you know who you are even if you don't admit it) need to think about their actions before complaining abuit people's reaction to you.
i dont complain about ppl reaction to me or my guys. i complain about the fact, that they can kill us and come back after 5min with poitive sl and that, when we kill them, we out of game for 24h. that ppl atack me or my guys im used to. as i said. is CM to hard for u, u are to soft. as long all is fair and all have the same chance.

Bugs Gunny
23-02-06, 15:55
One week of running around as a post evo 2.1 city merc and FETISH moved to black dragon, leaving behind their reservoir dogs comrades with massive soullight issues and an addiction to sitting afk in techhaven.

Lemon, you say the soullight system works.
I say it was thought up by a very shortsighted carebear player.
He probably thought he had something good going, preventing griefing etc, but finaly it turned around and bit him in the behind.

Citymercs are perfectly usable to run into the fireline (as toilet duck, the pvp nib tends to do). On the other hand they lose soullight when they actualy do decide to pvp.

The leveling areas can be harvested for red or yellow belts, by sending in a suicide ganker.

Allied killers either level soullight realy fast at a genrep (not legal!!!) or just kill some npcs.

I think we now have the worst ever soullight system in the history of neocron, and i agree with hoernerice here, CM is a dying faction and if nothing is changed they might as well all go pro or anti.

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 15:55
Theres allways a way to get SL even as a neut so stop with the /wine

you dont want to lose SL stop PKin and zone whorin simple, fight in OP fights (theres allways atleast 1 everyday on terra ;) ) or change to BD. You have to Adapt the game is how it is winein wont change that ;)

tell me the way l8m0n. i dont know one then sitting around and wait.

Dribble Joy
23-02-06, 16:01
Look, Hoern, I don't like you, I never have, and I mean really not like you, I won't flame, but I won't be nice.

I think you have some serious problems in the way you think people should treat you, as if you should get some special treatment regardless of what you do and that anything you may do has no effect whatsoever on how people think of you and how they treat you.

Your 'vision' of what CM is seems to be pretty distorted to, you treat it like any other faction, and then complain when it is treated as such.

I'm not soft, I might not be hard, but I'm not in denial.

I'm out of this thread.

Zheo
23-02-06, 16:07
Edit: /
i do attack most Cm on sight becuase ive allways been in clans that are at war with CM, this is becuase CM got bored of RPin and started taking OPs O_o lol now if you were a hardcore CM you wouldnt even think about taking OPs,

Whats wrong with CM taking a few ops? in RP CM sees themselves as the people who put a stop between DOY and NC perhaps we should take ops accross a line in the waste lands like a no man's land. but TBH perhaps CM officals want a mine or factory for some reason maybe they want a uplink to transmit data, nothing wrong with CM having a few ops close to MB to increase their borders slightly.

Look, Hoern, I don't like you, I never have, and I mean really not like you, I won't flame, but I won't be nice.

Your 'vision' of what CM is seems to be pretty distorted to, you treat it like any other faction, and then complain when it is treated as such.

Vision of cm? CM has as much right to op fight as any faction to benifit it's members such as being able to enter underground or to keep a genrep open. how many people complain because they can't use an op's genrep?

Hoernerice is always saying "Don't attack unless attacked" with the exception of a few. But i don't think CM should be with out ops, but i don't think CM should have alot of ops, i think they should have one of each type for trade skilling cm members to go into underground for safety. Or for CM's to escape attackers.

Maybe we shouldn't "Take out own ops" but I don't feel safe with clans right next to the MB I'd like a buffer of ops between us and DOY+NC.

Toilet-Duck
23-02-06, 16:11
One week of running around as a post evo 2.1 city merc and FETISH moved to black dragon, leaving behind their reservoir dogs comrades with massive soullight issues and an addiction to sitting afk in techhaven.

Lemon, you say the soullight system works.
I say it was thought up by a very shortsighted carebear player.
He probably thought he had something good going, preventing griefing etc, but finaly it turned around and bit him in the behind.

Citymercs are perfectly usable to run into the fireline (as toilet duck, the pvp nib tends to do). On the other hand they lose soullight when they actualy do decide to pvp.

The leveling areas can be harvested for red or yellow belts, by sending in a suicide ganker.

Allied killers either level soullight realy fast at a genrep (not legal!!!) or just kill some npcs.

I think we now have the worst ever soullight system in the history of neocron, and i agree with hoernerice here, CM is a dying faction and if nothing is changed they might as well all go pro or anti.

:lol: lies!! Your clan just shoots anyone thats cm then you gr into ind and get a sym bitch to fix you in 2 minutes back to 100sl that needs to be chanaged, I just use that char to hack belts ;) ,

Bugs Gunny
23-02-06, 16:26
then you gr into ind and get a sym bitch to fix you in 2 minutes back to 100sl that needs to be chanaged

Funny how you say that, since i'm sure that's what you and your friends do.
Unfortunately the gms are watching FETISH way too much and we're one of the few clans that actualy goes to a city zone to kill npcs and players to regain sl.

Brammers
23-02-06, 16:27
Ok slighly related - This thread on the German forum.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=132552

The Google translator is having a bad day trying to translate it into English, but what I can make out there is a lot of posts from Carnage on the SL/FS system there.

Anyone like to translate it?

l8m0n
23-02-06, 16:28
lol bugs not another "i wanna PK in plaza again fix this shit post"

CM have allways been twats, they allways have and allways will, just becuase your neut to everyone makes you belive that you are better than everyone, and when that makes your fac fucked up cos you cant kill anyone you want anymore you cry about it on the forums and its sad really, live with it till it changes or leave cba with all this wine :rolleyes:

And bugs like to see you program all the code that goes into the Sl system and make it better, all very well in saying it needs fixed but unless you know how to code it stfu ;)

Nidhogg
23-02-06, 16:29
No more clan arguments. Stick to the topic from now on, please.

N

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 16:34
CM have allways been twats, they allways have and allways will, just becuase your neut to everyone makes you belive that you are better than everyone, and when that makes your fac fucked up cos you cant kill anyone you want anymore you cry about it on the forums and its sad really, live with it till it changes or leave cba with all this wine :rolleyes:
u rl not know about what we here talk or? if so, plz stop talking about things u not understand or not see where the problem is.

cRazy-
23-02-06, 16:35
I have a question.

To whoever is in citymercs here, would you rather your faction be neutral to all or hostile to all?

l8m0n
23-02-06, 16:38
u rl not know about what we here talk or? if so, plz stop talking about things u not understand or not see where the problem is.
i know your not english so here it is again, SL is fine CM need to change from PKin when ever they want to how they should (Ops for hire) and it you dont like that change to BD, there not going to change a major part of the game just cos a few people cant show off how big their e-penis is by ganking n00bs in J01 ;)

Its how the game is at the mo and if you dont like it door and use ;)

Zheo
23-02-06, 16:38
Nidd's right Lemon keep it on topic, and the topic isn't "Do you like RD's?"

Hopefully KK are atm creating a patch to be released shortly and in that patch there will be a good solution to this problem, Maybe a slight re-work of the sl system to killing neutrals in certain areas = no penality so that CM can defend themselves and kill when hired too. on the topic of ops, perhaps CM should just join in, or be allowed one or two ops that no other clans try and take. and by one or two i mean ONE or TWO not 5+. And leave it at that.

Anyways it doesnt matter KK will decide if they want to change things but I think unless they do CM will quickly become a dead faction accept for a few people who want to remain neutral. like DJ

Bugs Gunny
23-02-06, 16:39
Lemon, coding the faction relation and soullight system is easy.
It's working out all the ways in which people WILL abuse the system and finding ways to prevent it that's hard.

It's stuff like regants, the new soullight system and for exmaple the genotoxic pistol that prove there's something very wrong with the road from idea to implementation.

I know that even a short outline of the current soullight system to a handfull of old players, carebear and evil pker combined would have raised the obvious suggestions to be made about (ab)using the soullight system and zonerules.
In fact no.... it's not abusing anything, it's a "tactic" (a word some gms like to use).

EDIT: And NO.... Hoernerice is not welcome in BD, if they come we'll have to revise our "no killing other bd" policy.

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 16:39
neutral. hostile would bring all pks to us.
as i said. i dont have problem with getting sl like the others. that rl not the problem. the problem is to get the -sl away.
i personly would like that all faction have same like us with -sl. i mean that noone can get +sl with killing the enemy.
but im happy with every fair change. with fair i mean we cm have them options to get our sl into positive.

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 16:41
i know your not english so here it is again, SL is fine CM need to change from PKin when ever they want to how they should (Ops for hire) and it you dont like that change to BD, there not going to change a major part of the game just cos a few people cant show off how big their e-penis is by ganking n00bs in J01 ;)

Its how the game is at the mo and if you dont like it door and use ;)
lol. u rl not know me or? when i ever killed someone as cm in mb or j01 should plz say it here in forum. i never have pked. i just hunt ppl wich atack cms. no matter if they in my clan or not.
and wtf it have to do with the fact im german and not english Oo can someone explain me that????

l8m0n
23-02-06, 16:41
i dont have problem with getting sl like the others. that rl not the problem. the problem is to get the -sl away.

Missions simple, thread closed tbh :lol:

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 16:46
Missions simple, thread closed tbh :lol:
missions.......50% buged and dont get fixed.....other 50% u have to move through the pks....... rl nice and easy option adn totaly fair proportional to the other factions and their options for the sl......

Spoon
23-02-06, 16:47
I think CM should have an enemy or two...

One Anti-City enemy and one Pro-City enemy....

That's my two cents...

I like to get something back(SL/SF rewards) for those Revenges I use...

That,or make it so there's no SL loss for killing neutrals in City and Outskirt sectors, but I doubt that will happen....

Dribble Joy
23-02-06, 16:55
I know I would go, but I assumed this thread would be closed asap, soo... eh.

The SL system has some major flaws, but the the system does not need to change just to suit CM.

With more factions breaking away from the two blocs, the SL system will start to break down as they start to become neutral to some from both sides and each other.

As I see it, SL itself should go and guard/copobt reaction should eb based on faction symp, which would mean those who kill people are punished by the right people. Kill TSs, get shot by TS guards.
Symp could also affect a whole host of other factors in NC to provide a level of depth and causality the relationship your character has with the game world that it does not have currently.

As for CM, even with the symp system, other things need to change simply because they have nothing to do other than 'be twats'.
A whole series of missions, runs and a framework for player hiring is needed.

I have a question.

To whoever is in citymercs here, would you rather your faction be neutral to all or hostile to all?
Neutral to all, we are not out for political or territorial dominance.

Carnage
23-02-06, 16:59
Ok slighly related - This thread on the German forum.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=132552

The Google translator is having a bad day trying to translate it into English, but what I can make out there is a lot of posts from Carnage on the SL/FS system there.

Anyone like to translate it?

with the next patch, ppl will earn +5 sympathy per factionmission
regardless of the own sympathies.

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 17:00
ok, but that alone will not slove the problem.

Dribble Joy
23-02-06, 17:01
That's... interesting...

What about the SL?

IceStorm
23-02-06, 17:02
I like CM as it is. As an unclanned player, my main tradeskiller/trader is CM on purpose because of his neutrality to all.

I like FS/SL's concept as it is.

I've never liked SL/FS's implementation as it results in zoneline whoring (since closed beta, mind you). While I do no directly participate in stupid zoneline tricks, it's irritating that some of the most traveled pathways in this game, some of the tightest spaces in this game, result in the most combat because of an invisible line in the sand. 140+ wasteland sectors, 20 to 30 city/near city sectors. and the bulk of non-Op combat takes place in a few select small hallways...

Personally, I feel the only place SL/FS zonelines should exist is on wasteland borders until KK can come up with a way to "fix" SL/FS so it doesn't terminate on the same boundaries as the zones.

Dribble Joy
23-02-06, 17:05
Even if the game world was zoneless, you would still get SL type boundry hopping.

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 17:06
I like CM as it is. As an unclanned player, my main tradeskiller/trader is CM on purpose because of his neutrality to all.
sry, but that exaclty what i fear, what will happen with cm. what ever i think cm should be,but im sure that it shouldnt be a trader faction. but this will be happen, when it not change.

Zheo
23-02-06, 17:08

Maybe just tweek the zones a bit, allowing CM's and other's to kill neutral people in wastelands and entrance to NC, but keep both dome and NC The same so cm can't come and pk players their without taking a SL and symp hit, unless and this would be much more difficult, they get given a contract by a player to kill a target. not sure how you'd do it though unless it was like a city com mission. I dont think you could have an item that prevents you losing SL and symp for a percific player? But perhaps it could be like a cm clan mission? though how it's uploaded by players is another difficulty... i dont know just trying to suggest a solution to the problem without allowing CM to kill whoever and where-ever they like

Edit:// Scratch part of that, change J-01 and mb zones so we can kill neutrals without sl penalty and then add in contracts and im happy as a bunny at easter

Dribble Joy
23-02-06, 17:14
CM is a 'tradeskill' faction (provides a service), it is an RP faction, if you want to go all out at combat without restraint, then you want BD or even a pro side, not CM. CM is not a 'PvP' faction as such (please remember that I am as much a PvP fanatic as anyone, I just care about the time and place and methods of it's use). It's not carebear either, it's just picks the means by which it applies itself.

CM is a fringe faction, it will never be highly populated, it does not take a big part in the grander politics of the NC world, it is a small group of specialists, who would be something of a rare sight to many people.

However there is a difference between fringe and dead/dying. CM needs a rework in what it is, what it's aims are and how it opperates.

change J-01 and mb zones so we can kill neutrals without sl penalty and then add in contracts and im happy as a bunny at easter
You what?
You realise what that would do to CM?

IceStorm
23-02-06, 17:15
Even if the game world was zoneless, you would still get SL type boundry hopping.First, I don't really have a problem with that if the border is big, like wasteland border big and not at a high traffic location. It's a reasonable compromise for the time being - it's not like there are enough players on at any give time to "cover" an entire wasteland zone border.

Second, there has to be a "better" method of dealing with this issue than that which is already implemented.

Bugs Gunny
23-02-06, 17:16

Are those the normal factionmissions from the citycoms, or are we talking about the techhaven npc ones?
Any chance of those overpowered mobs getting easier?
5 capped pes tried to kill one and two were killed, the other 3 nearly didn't make it back......
Hell they blow up a rhino in 3 seconds.

And you mention faction symp... the real issue is soullight for most.

Brammers
23-02-06, 17:17

Thanks Carnage. Do you mean the Factionmissions you can only get in Tech Haven or do you mean the missions from the Terminal? (Ie the Kill 5 rats sort of mission)

And also, what about Soullight?

Edit: Ok bugs beat me to it.

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 17:20
CM is a 'tradeskill' faction (provides a service), it is an RP faction, if you want to go all out at combat without restraint, then you want BD or even a pro side, not CM. CM is not a 'PvP' faction as such (please remember that I am as much a PvP fanatic as anyone, I just care about the time and place and methods of it's use). It's not carebear either, it's just picks the means by which it applies itself.

CM is a fringe faction, it will never be highly populated, it does not take a big part in the grander politics of the NC world, it is a small group of specialists, who would be something of a rare sight to many people.

However there is a difference between fringe and dead/dying. CM needs a rework in what it is, what it's aims are and how it opperates.

You what?
You realise what that would do to CM?
with trader faction i mean a faction just full with conster resser and so on. i not mean that we sell ourselve.

Bugs Gunny
23-02-06, 17:23
Edit: Ok bugs beat me to it.

/e winner !!!!

Jaffo
23-02-06, 17:25
i do belive gummy bears are the answer to all your needs

Tratos
23-02-06, 17:30
I like DJs idea on the removal of SL and everything being FS dependant it would make alot of sence so if people want to kill allies they just lose a chunk of their own city.

Also you know its coming.....ETA on the patch? :p

naphead
23-02-06, 17:38

Why is that necessary? I thought SL was the issue here not symp

Dribble Joy
23-02-06, 17:39
with trader faction i mean a faction just full with conster resser and so on. i not mean that we sell ourselve.
I know, my point was that CM is not like the other factions and should be treated the same as them in some aspects.

Scaramanga
23-02-06, 19:35
So, you'd have all copbots and Dome guards removed and have all guard responces based on faction sympathy (I'd be on favour of this btw)? How would you go about determining belt hack ease with no soul light system?

Bugs Gunny
23-02-06, 19:42
Make it all the same.

There's not much difference between hacking a 10 or 100sl belt.

hell, maybe even make it lootable only by teammates and after a 60 second timer to the people that did more than 10% dammage.

Dribble Joy
23-02-06, 19:44
I'd have copbots and guards reduced in level (lvl 70-80 for guards, 100 for copbots), their dmg brought up to the right level and the para removed.

Symp reaction would be like SL (SL for each faction in effect).
Symp would affect vendor price, each vendor would have a faction that it is tied to, depending on items sold and location.
GR price too, as well as GR access, each GR would have faction controlling it, enemies and runners below -32 symp would be barred from it's use (to and from).
Neutral vendors (Yos and WL traders/smugglers) would use the average of all symps.
Belts would use the average as well, below av. -40 3 items below av. -60 5 items.

Tratos
23-02-06, 19:51
I'd have copbots and guards reduced in level (lvl 70-80 for guards, 100 for copbots), their dmg brought up to the right level and the para removed.
Could be a cool excuse to add some NPC factions to the game and symp list....
NCPD (Copbots)
Anarchy Breed
Dome Security (DoY Gaurds, although id like to see those removed since the DoY faction doesnt exist)
Trader Union

etc
etc

So would enemy factions still shoot regardless of FS? or would somone with 50+ FS for every faction be able to wander where ever they liked?

Dribble Joy
23-02-06, 20:09
I would say that enemy guards shoot untill you reach 80 symp in their faction.

What I'd like is for the whole factionless status to come back, currently it doesn;t work because there's no consequence of action to any real degree.

People could murder, pk and be utter bastards, but they would have to live in their apts and the WL.

Kame
23-02-06, 20:46
Maybe just tweek the zones a bit, allowing CM's and other's to kill neutral people in wastelands and entrance to NC, (....)
Blablabla...

you can perfectly kill an allied/neutral runner in J01 you only have to leave the zoneline and go outside.

the SL penalty is a joke.

Now, for all you whinning CMS, think a bit, and what is it that made you join the faction ?
hmm ?

The fact that they are neutral.

Now what do you kids complain about ? being neutral ?

nonsense, CM doesnt need to have reds as they will lose the last bits of identity they still have.

The CM running around killing neutrals everywhere problem is thing of the past, and good.

IMO city mercs should never hold OPs.

Zheo
23-02-06, 22:20
Blablabla...

you can perfectly kill an allied/neutral runner in J01 you only have to leave the zoneline and go outside.

Now, for all you whinning CMS, think a bit, and what is it that made you join the faction ?
hmm ?

nonsense, CM doesnt need to have reds as they will lose the last bits of identity they still have.

The CM running around killing neutrals everywhere problem is thing of the past, and good.

No one asked you, and since your not CM i dont care what you think, many CM's want a change and our opinion is the one that matters.

Hoernerice
23-02-06, 22:36
Blablabla...

hmm ?

i love to be neutral, and when kk wouldnt have change the sl system, there wouldnt be a prolbem. but they did, and with this change we cms have not the same option like the other factions. and this is just not fair.
and again. the player wich got pket by me should scream here plz. i defend my self or other cms wich get atacked by pks. not more not less.

Bugs Gunny
24-02-06, 08:43
Belts would use the average as well, below av. -40 3 items below av. -60 5 items.

DJ, a normal person has about 80 with his own faction, then about 50 with his allied or neutral ones AT BEST. Usualy around -90 or lower with all his enemies.... You do the math.

That means low sl belts for a normal player, i'm not even talking about trigerhappy ones.

Dribble Joy
24-02-06, 12:11
It was a random guess, any number I put up is nominal and subject to balancing.

Zheo
24-02-06, 20:06
DJ, a normal person has about 80 with his own faction, then about 50 with his allied or neutral ones AT BEST. Usualy around -90 or lower with all his enemies.... You do the math.

That means low sl belts for a normal player, i'm not even talking about trigerhappy ones.

You failed to mention the fact that new members start with all factions but their own at 10 and their own at about 50