PDA

View Full Version : What is KK's policy on Rollback ?

Kame
23-02-06, 02:36
So what exactly is KK's policy for when rollbacks happen ?

Do we get back our time/money ?

DIS
23-02-06, 02:37

hah! yeah right...

TheJesterLives
23-02-06, 02:37

Nope, you get nothing

RogerRamjet
23-02-06, 02:38
Is this a joke thread?

You must have been through enough roll backs to know the answer.

PepsiPlayer
23-02-06, 02:40
Rules are rules, read em before you accept the licence agreement. It does say.

nobby
23-02-06, 02:41
I do think KK are slightly unfair with some of their policies...

RogerRamjet
23-02-06, 02:43

With a player base full of cheaters, lamers, and general idiots, they have to be.

Kame
23-02-06, 02:43
I did, and this is not a joke.

One day rollback for most of them.

One could say that one day isnt much but, i strongly feel that paying to waste my time (even one day) is very frustrating and should never happen.

And for those exeptional times when it does happen, players, no, customers, should be refunded by at least extending their period for the amount of time rollback.

I even get charged a little extra by click2pay whenerver my acc runs out for any reason.
I think KK should review its policies on the rollback question.
This would make the community feels better about KK.

nobby
23-02-06, 02:44
oh god comeon!

They won't replace a single fucking item if you've played for over 4 years and lost everything!

They call you a lier!

also roll backs don't help with happiness...

Kame
23-02-06, 02:44
With a player base full of cheaters, lamers, and general idiots, they have to be.

Have you played CS lately ?

Or any other online game ?(exept maybe the sims, but even then...)

RogerRamjet
23-02-06, 02:48
Have you played CS lately ?

Or any other online game ?(exept maybe the sims, but even then...)

Since when in CS have you had to work for items or lvls?

Infact what kind of reply was that?

Neally
23-02-06, 03:15
Think if your case is like you got your characters hacked, and if you explain and ask nicely help, they will roll back your characters. Needs to be proved too.

Kame
23-02-06, 03:29
(...)
Infact what kind of reply was that?

Reply to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby

Since when in CS have you had to work for items or lvls?
(...)

What does working for item has to do with players being hackers/exploiters ?

may i remind you ppl have been making/using wallhacks, aimbots and such for ages in FPS games.

RogerRamjet
23-02-06, 03:32
I was saying that this community isnt particulary trustworthy.

I used to log on to saturn after a days rollback just to see people scream "omfg ive lost 17 DSs today!!!11".

And also what does CS have to do with NC? Or the Sims?

Crest
24-02-06, 15:46

You get the pleasure of getting to do stuff again. Then just when you think its over they hit you with a 1 month roll back - well at least there are never any surprises

l8m0n
24-02-06, 16:23
Well tbh KK back in NC1 were ok for stuff like this, my char got deleted (due to log-in lag lol) so they first said no, then they thought about it, then they rolled back my char and gave me him back but with no apps and nothin but what i had on me, so that was pritty cool tbh cos i you can allways get new items but xp...

Shouldnt have roll backs tbh but if your going to play when the server is having probs and is going to have to roll back then its your own falut for playing :lol:

F3Speech
24-02-06, 16:57
Rollbacks are to be expected however unpopular they are. If you want regular patches then you have to accept that they cant 100% error check every line of the code for every possibility so every now and again a problem slips in. So do you spend days/weeks and a number of staff tracking the issue and resolving it or correct the code and rollback.

I would generalise that more and more companies are giving 'free days' to your account for downtime and time lost so keep the playerbase sweet, but maybe this just isnt possible for KK with the current payment setup since they cant access it directly and so could be alot of work.

On a different note I do thinks its strange theres no test server that gets the patches a few weeks before there main servers for public testing (unless their is but its just not totally open testing).

Paper Dragon
24-02-06, 17:03

QFT.

Seems people are always complaining about never having something, but the moment a rollback occurs they had about twenty of them.

o_O

Although, as said above, this isn't an excuse for rollbacks to keep happening.

l8m0n
24-02-06, 17:23
On a different note I do thinks its strange theres no test server that gets the patches a few weeks before there main servers for public testing (unless their is but its just not totally open testing).

Yep been saying sinse ive come back test server should be up for new patches weeks in advance so we dont get the same amount of bugs that we do get with new patches, dont want to see another "hot fix" tbh ;)

giga191
24-02-06, 18:51
i'd rather have rollbacks than KK leaving the game fucked up which is pretty much the only other option

Kame
27-02-06, 20:15
Bumping old threads is the shit.

Discuss.

Zheo
27-02-06, 20:25

Do you mean? What is KK's policy when Terra gets rolled back? Because they can't track items etc they don't give anything back so basically if you start getting teleported all over the place when syncing, or items start going missing alot, then assume their will be a roll back and don't play till they roll back thus you don't waste your time, then mail Reakktor and ask for a re-fund of the hours you couldn't play.

Edit://
i'd rather have rollbacks than KK leaving the game fucked up which is pretty much the only other option

One question though why is it that only Terra rolls back? Or am i just missing all the other server roll back accouncments?

Mighty Max
27-02-06, 20:31
There isn't

- a leveling treatmill
- a money gaining treatmill
- an item gathering treatmill

So actually you don't lose much. Nearly everything is available to every char at every single moment. (Hence why i complaining about ppl wanting even more gifting)

A rollback then doesn't take away the time you spent on what you liked to do (=enjoyment)

Kame
27-02-06, 20:37
But a rollback has an incidence on the time spent doing things YOU DONT LIKE.
Such as lving/cst/ress/loming and a million other things that are NOT pure enjoyment but rather a requirement to be able to 'enjoy' some other things (pvp)

And also having to hck back all our OPs....

nobby
27-02-06, 21:03
I lost my Holy energy barrel and Psi attack 2 spells...

They better recover my stuff

The fucking game............ARRRGHHHHHH!

mdares
27-02-06, 22:51
Think if your case is like you got your characters hacked, and if you explain and ask nicely help, they will roll back your characters. Needs to be proved too.

dude i dunt care much about teh topic but neally i LUV ur sig >_<

btw: i just saw the rollback annoucenment (havent playd for a bit) but really to the people who complain that the rollback/norefund is bad...

its not.

back in the old days on saturn the rollbacks were multiple days and even weeks >_<

the fact that we're only rollin back for a day is really a HUGE improvement >_<

be grateful

Faid
28-02-06, 03:14
Well I lost 9 Hrs worth of lvling a new PE in a Rhino, about 40 lvl's worth of exp, 200 free pts to distribute in all skills (except con). Lost around 50 techs gathered while in the rhino, and around 1 mil or so credits. Also my Mr. Jones mission items. I don't even know what to say o_O

RentonDraines
28-02-06, 05:12
man you people need to make up your minds.

Either it's all about endgame and everything else is just 2 weeks of capping, in which case you really didn't lose much in a rollback, or it isn't, and you should give the journey from noob to cap a little more love. Honestly all I ever seem to read here is selfishness: if it works for you, anything is great, if it nerfs you at all, BURN THE HERETIC. so why should this be any different? Next you're going to ask KK to refund the $0.38 you lost in time when you had to reskill next time there's a skill wipe.

I love you KK, i love the game, but i'm so tired of the 9 year olds.

</rant>

Kame
28-02-06, 07:07
9 yrs old dont really worry about wasting time now do they ?

Especialy when any 9 yrs that 'would' play this game would probably not earn the cash needed to pay it.

Its not about the 0.38 cent I pay to play.

Its about the hours ive wasted before the PC doing shit that gets deleted that pisses me off.

Those hours are worth more then 0.38 cents to me.

There is always room for improvement, especialy in customer service.

A cash refund would be ridiculous as you so nicely remarked, but adding time on ur account would make sense . (1 day rollback = 1 day more)

Jezebel
28-02-06, 12:48
A cash refund would be ridiculous as you so nicely remarked, but adding time on ur account would make sense . (1 day rollback = 1 day more)

Even if i don't really understand all the ppl who scream "OMG i lost 1203024302 rares and 2^100000 xp!!!!!!ONEONEone", cause that make no sense (you lost things. It's done. Whining wont get those back), i have to agree whith Kame. If KK would make an operation of "refund" to players, that could be nice to ppl who pay and spend time on this game. And who, defenitely, love this game

Paper Dragon
28-02-06, 14:57
Its about the hours ive wasted before the PC doing shit that gets deleted that pisses me off.

All MMORPGs are about "doing shit" that gets deleted eventually.

When a server goes down permanently, you would have lost years and years of time then.

Scaramanga
28-02-06, 15:28
Well I lost 9 Hrs worth of lvling a new PE in a Rhino, about 40 lvl's worth of exp, 200 free pts to distribute in all skills (except con). Lost around 50 techs gathered while in the rhino, and around 1 mil or so credits. Also my Mr. Jones mission items. I don't even know what to say o_O

What some people say is "When does RFO go live?"