PDA

View Full Version : [Terra] World Map

PepsiPlayer
22-02-06, 17:46
Anyone noticed how much the world map has changed recently?
I mean Pro City own virtually ALL the map. Also is it me or is it REALLY easy to infiltrate DoY now and to have free roam of most sectors?

Anti City clans dying? or are they just waiting for a major attack?

Ideas and thoughts welcome

cRazy-
22-02-06, 17:48
Its called ninja hacking, give or take a few days anti will take back probably half of the map.

This thread is soo gonna get closed to keep things ingame :p

Brammers
22-02-06, 17:57
The map has been staying 50/50 lately every time I've looked at it, with a few borders moving.

If it's all Pro, then either Pro have been ninja-hacking ops, zerging ops or actually fighting for ops.

Nidhogg
22-02-06, 17:58
Thread moved.

N

PepsiPlayer
22-02-06, 17:59
Thanks Nid, guess i should have put it there to start with.

RogerRamjet
22-02-06, 18:26
As far as i know, R2K seem to be a little inactive atm.

Cant speak for FF etc.

Spermy
22-02-06, 18:42
As far as i know, R2K seem to be a little inactive atm.

Cant speak for FF etc.
R2k were online last night - with some of SSX taking back the OPS that a certain CA clan had ninjad.

To that clan -

Little tip on 3 counts.

1) if you can't take an OP fairly, don't whine when it gets taken back.
2) You deserve to die on a PPU if you decide to drop everything and rez in the middle of a firefight - especially without support. *cough*same PPU down 4 times*cough*
3) Sticking turrets inside things is so gay, I can't begin to describe it.

I suggest they learn to op war.

Screenies of teh gayness.

PS roger - join FA :p

-FN-
22-02-06, 19:31
The map colours are misleading - half of the OPs owned by "Pro-City" are hardly "Pro-City" clans :rolleyes:

Spermy
22-02-06, 21:54
Pretty sure none of death row are in any anti clans. Or there wouldn't have been as much action without repurcussion.

Or as many of both sides around.

I do howver like th fact that next have carved a little piece of the pie.

Pantho
23-02-06, 11:45
Heh, Black Dragon took one of there ops last night, was pretty funny tbh, they had about 20 turrets outside , even my ppu could only just outheal them :O

But NON in the hack room, we just walked past them and started the hack/op war, was pretty funny tbh

l8m0n
23-02-06, 15:57
lol at the 9 man BD clan that ninja'd the other nite, was funny going to the OP to take it and see the line of 11 turrets they did own it they all wnet for the same guy and was a good fight when a few of them logged on at seiger ;)

giga191
24-02-06, 00:20
It's kinda lame that DR hack lock their OPs, and I'm not sure as to why they chose to do it :confused: And don't you dare edit my post after KK refused to take action against people doing it, and said that it wasn't an explode.

pabz
24-02-06, 01:54
It's kinda lame that DR hack lock their OPs, and I'm not sure as to why they chose to do it :confused: And don't you dare edit my post after KK refused to take action against people doing it, and said that it wasn't an explode.

i heard it was a new feature or "tactic".

Tauan
24-02-06, 04:03
...working as intended?

Pantho
24-02-06, 04:54
Grim Brothers do that, Seems Kinda lame tbh

+ We didnt Ninjan the op, we had 2 Rhino's a Hoverbomber 8-9 monks and a few spy and tanks,

I dont call that a ninja tbh

RUn3
24-02-06, 05:03
"tactics" = bad.
"bad" = people getting pissed.
"pissed people" = people leaving nc.
"leaving nc" = WoW!?
"WoW" = .... .. . RIP!

CMaster
24-02-06, 10:27
+ We didnt Ninjan the op, we had 2 Rhino's a Hoverbomber 8-9 monks and a few spy and tanks,

I dont call that a ninja tbh

What you bring doesn't change whether its a ninja or not. What makes it a ninja or otherwise is whetehr the owning clan actually has anyone capable of defending on. And if they don't, your 8-9 monks, a few spies, a tank or two and a hoverbomber were all wasting their time, tbh.

l8m0n
24-02-06, 14:15
lol locking OPs, you want the key give me a call :lol:

Turrets > FF tbh :p

giga191
24-02-06, 14:21
h2k > cyc's turrets

Bugs Gunny
24-02-06, 14:47
Right, so locking ops is the new way to have fun playing nc?

Although i don't realy blame the people, i blame KK for not fixing it for more than a year now.
I also blame the gms for getting out the easy way and calling it a "tactic".
If every explode, they can't do anything about because of lack of manpower/time or tools, will be called a tactic then we have some interesting times ahead of us.

Pantho
24-02-06, 15:37
there was 2-3 ppl, on so technically i think its called a Zerg :),

and we did goto a fair op war at first, but Brothers Grim, just locked the op -

F3Speech
24-02-06, 16:31
What you bring doesn't change whether its a ninja or not. What makes it a ninja or otherwise is whetehr the owning clan actually has anyone capable of defending on. And if they don't, your 8-9 monks, a few spies, a tank or two and a hoverbomber were all wasting their time, tbh.
I was actually going to post that, but you did so I'll just quote you and say I know the first question out of cmasters mouth before any and EVERY requested op hack is how many do they have on... and Id say by a rule of thumb if its not 4/5 or more then he just flats refuses to move.
If more clans ran on the same ideas (ie whats the point hacking an op if theres noone to fight!) then we'd have alot more fun.

And pantho thats sounds like you had your own private army rather than your clan to takeover an op :) lol overkill...

"Sir"
"Yes Private Smith"
"The horizon... ... It's moving..."
"What!"
"Oh christ, it's Panthos army... they must number in the twenties!"
"Abandon Base... This is NOT a drill... Abandon Base..."

:lol:

Riddle
24-02-06, 17:37
There are those who go to OPs for a fight and with fair numbers..... :D

There are those who go to OPs for no fight with a Zerg force..... :(

There are those who go to OPs for a ninja hack, we pwn all the map look at our e-peni...... :lol:

Problem is without any rules as to who,when and how you attack its down to the clans ..... 8|

pabz
24-02-06, 17:57
h2k > cyc's turrets

clearing out squad

Apocalypsox
24-02-06, 20:55
I was actually going to post that, but you did so I'll just quote you and say I know the first question out of cmasters mouth before any and EVERY requested op hack is how many do they have on... and Id say by a rule of thumb if its not 4/5 or more then he just flats refuses to move.
If more clans ran on the same ideas (ie whats the point hacking an op if theres noone to fight!) then we'd have alot more fun.

And pantho thats sounds like you had your own private army rather than your clan to takeover an op :) lol overkill...

"Sir"
"Yes Private Smith"
"The horizon... ... It's moving..."
"What!"
"Oh christ, it's Panthos army... they must number in the twenties!"
"Abandon Base... This is NOT a drill... Abandon Base..."

:lol:

ROFL that one made me laugh :lol:

Tratos
24-02-06, 21:08
What exactly is hack locking?

Hacking the OP off somone and then locking it down to clan/faction/friends only? Isn't that like....common sence?

-FN-
24-02-06, 21:47
This argument is really the age-old problem (that will ALWAYS be around as long as NC's populations are low) of timezones.

When Terra is at 20+%, SXR has 2, maybe 3 people on.

Around 10pm EST, SXR will have 10+ online, but the server population will be at it's low point (7-10%). So we have 10 people online, but nobody to fight vs our numbers.

Then when we log off by 2-4am EST, Euros are waking up. So then our enemies (FF, R2K, et al) are getting their numbers back.

Aside from Monk-o-cron, we don't OP war because we have nobody to fight during OUR active time. We've tried in the past and people cry 'zerg' - but it's just a matter of clan-activity time and that's something none of us can help :rolleyes:

giga191
24-02-06, 22:06
What exactly is hack locking?

Hacking the OP off somone and then locking it down to clan/faction/friends only? Isn't that like....common sence? hack locking is a trick where you do so that it is impossible for anyone else to hack to OP off the clan for a period of time (not sure how long exactly, but it's definitely over an hour, maybe even a day, ask death row about it). Personally i think it's a very clear explode but KK seem to think otherwise...

Tratos
24-02-06, 22:31
Woah - Interesting O_o

Thanks for the info giga, didnt even know it was possible to do something like that O_o

Brooklyn
25-02-06, 03:20
First of all I'd like to agree that locking Op's is messed up, but since KK wont fix it, it now becomes a "tactic"

Also I just wanna say that I hate it when mo-fo's cry zerg or ninja, or the usaual BS. FF zergs/ninja's, DR zergs/ninja's, R2K zergs/ninja's. I dont know how else to say this but SHUT THE F up already. Everyone plays to win. If one clan ninja's then the other clan will ninja right back.... its been like this since beta no matter what server your on. I have NEVER EVER seen one clan not ninja.

And with no further delay.... DEATH ROW FOR TEH WIN !!!!!!!!

-B

Kame
25-02-06, 10:07
This argument is really the age-old problem (that will ALWAYS be around as long as NC's populations are low) of timezones.

So tru, DoY (R2K,FF) is mostly europe and pro (Death RoW, AD) is mostly american.

Try to make fights like that.

As far as locking OPs i remember not too long ago taking cycrow only to find an LEd nib char (most likely FF alt) in the UG.
Result was : the turrets in UG never reseted and therefore attacked our members.

A lot of times ppl point fingers without even looking at they own self.
Need examples ?

Who started the monk zerg and 1:1 ppu ratio ?

Kame
25-02-06, 10:10
R2k were online last night - with some of SSX taking back the OPS that a certain CA clan had ninjad.

To that clan -

Little tip on 3 counts.

1) if you can't take an OP fairly, don't whine when it gets taken back.
2) You deserve to die on a PPU if you decide to drop everything and rez in the middle of a firefight - especially without support. *cough*same PPU down 4 times*cough*
3) Sticking turrets inside things is so gay, I can't begin to describe it.

I suggest they learn to op war.

Screenies of teh gayness.

PS roger - join FA :p

How lame is any comment from someone who plays DEV only and think hes leet cuz he shoots a 'flying' ppu.
Turrets move, [ edited ]

Clobber
25-02-06, 11:14
It was probably Spermys 1st ever op fight :p

Op locking is lame but no more than most of the things other clans get upto.

giga191
25-02-06, 15:10
saying that your clans ninja's because other people do it is a BS excuse.

Tauan
25-02-06, 17:03
...i miss the 50 on 50 wars of the past...-cry-

Spermy
25-02-06, 19:06
Clobber and Kame. :lol:

Oh dear. No real comeback. That's it, I must be a toal newbie. yes yes.

1) Dev - commonplace against monks.
2) I had four weapons in the QB - a speedy, a dev - a doomie and a rav. Blindass.

3) floaty monks is indeed the most annoying thing ever, don't care what it is, it's gay.

4) ¬_¬

Lol@ DR FTW.

Asshats FTL.

solling
25-02-06, 20:16
locking of ops is the only real *exploit whatever* i dont want in game or want fixed etc

zerg ninja bla bla dont really mind it gives us something to do but locking an op so the oppsite clan cannot take it no matter how much u get beaten now thats lame its basicly saying, we cannot fight but haha u cant take our ops if u cannot fight for ur ops dont have them

Spermy
26-02-06, 00:58
Just to correct a mistake - screenies show only 2 weapons. Ah well.

By the way - as an after thought to the Dev comment... why would anyone in thier right mind use anything BUT an effective tool? Thats like telling a PPU not to heal, or an APU not to use HL...

what do you suggest I do? Tickle you with a feather duster? Or is that the only way you're going to have a chance at me? Because as I recall the score so far is heavily in my favour.

I'll be around if you ever want to put your money where your mouth is. ;)

Tarn
26-02-06, 20:08
Heh, Black Dragon took one of there ops last night, was pretty funny tbh, they had about 20 turrets outside , even my ppu could only just outheal them :O

But NON in the hack room, we just walked past them and started the hack/op war, was pretty funny tbh
The OP you are talking about will not let you place turrets in the hackroom, i know becuase i have tried, also around the UG or gogu.

giga191
26-02-06, 21:01
maybe there should be an out of game world map to help stop ninjaing.

more fire
27-02-06, 07:57
see to all of you is that u win but tbh its so stupid ff cannot win without fighting with 15 + people against 8 - 10 people, other than that if any pro clan takes cycrow u have gay clans such as fetish h2k and ff trying to ninja all day they would not give up and until they talk on alliance and get 5 different clans to fight us they are not satisfied pro city is getting bigger Death Row is getting stronger and ff are scared of the outcome, but have no fear ff will fall soon, cycrow will change hands and will be open to all pro city, and for the zerging pussies u can post what u wanna say what u wanna when u get shaft i hope u can accept it, as for locking ops it wont happen again, but when u fight at least try and not zerg, fight for the op in a fair manner and maybe youll see for yourselves ff are nomore.

for gunnar youre the biggest lamer of all good to see youve got ur clan up and running but to see an ex templar helping people like ff, its a shame to say its been an honour playing with you in templars id expect more principle, but youve let me and the x templars members down drastically.

and for everyone Death Row ftfw newbs

solling
27-02-06, 21:42
see to all of you is that u win but tbh its so stupid ff cannot win without fighting with 15 + people against 8 - 10 people, other than that if any pro clan takes cycrow u have gay clans such as fetish h2k and ff trying to ninja all day they would not give up and until they talk on alliance and get 5 different clans to fight us they are not satisfied pro city is getting bigger Death Row is getting stronger and ff are scared of the outcome, but have no fear ff will fall soon, cycrow will change hands and will be open to all pro city, and for the zerging pussies u can post what u wanna say what u wanna when u get shaft i hope u can accept it, as for locking ops it wont happen again, but when u fight at least try and not zerg, fight for the op in a fair manner and maybe youll see for yourselves ff are nomore.

it is and will always be in the eyes of the beholder

of course it doesnt help SOME people are idiots :P

-FN-
27-02-06, 21:56
maybe there should be an out of game world map to help stop ninjaing.
Suggested that back in 2003 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=82006). If it hasn't happened by now, I wouldn't hold my breath.

CMaster
27-02-06, 22:13
Suggested that back in 2003 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=82006). If it hasn't happened by now, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Idea has occured to me too. Would be awesome, seems unlikley to ever happen.

blackpheonix
28-02-06, 00:25
Anyone noticed how much the world map has changed recently?
I mean Pro City own virtually ALL the map. Also is it me or is it REALLY easy to infiltrate DoY now and to have free roam of most sectors?

Anti City clans dying? or are they just waiting for a major attack?

Ideas and thoughts welcome

map isnt so pro now :(

Clobber
28-02-06, 01:59
map isnt so pro now :(

Yeah rollbacks suck.

eLcHi
28-02-06, 13:07
Uho said once: "You zerg, we rollback"

Apparently it`s still true ... lol