PDA

View Full Version : new bug i just found

Apocalypsox
22-02-06, 03:47
Well...i just found a new bug...it distorts my screen, like takes slivers of it and push it out infront of my character (only on my screen). it distorts my character model, other peoples character models, makes people dissappear somtimes and seriously makes me think im on crack -.-

It made SiL dissappear in neofrag before i fataled.

Heres a screeny of it making my SH look totally leet but still being very annoying.

IceStorm
22-02-06, 04:31
Is it like a bunch of polygons aren't closed and extend off into the far distance for no apparent reason?

Apocalypsox
22-02-06, 05:09
Pretty much, just started happening and not sure what caused it.

Terayon
22-02-06, 05:23
Sounds like artifacts to me.. overheating videocard maybe?

Also didnt think people actualy play in a res that low. 8|

Safunte
22-02-06, 05:47
stop alt tabbing.

Apocalypsox
22-02-06, 06:08
dont alt tab...i just like zone then my screen starts going nuts with shit like this.

IceStorm
22-02-06, 06:23
I've had the problem before, on my then-9700 Pro. The 9700 Pro was replaced by a 9800 Pro and that seemed to have cleared up the problem.

I'm not convinced it was the 9700 Pro's fault entirely, but I don't recall seeing the issue on my nVidia cards (Ti4400, 4600, 6800GT).

Apocalypsox
22-02-06, 06:35
yeah im running a NVidia 5500 GeforceMX i beleive it is, but im going to replace it soon anyways. i guess that might be it.

Tauan
22-02-06, 08:03
I use a Geforce 5500 OC....play full graphics...i alt tab like crazy...and i have yet to have something like that!

IceStorm
22-02-06, 08:19
This wouldn't be the first difficult-to-reproduce bug in NC. The vehicles rubber-banding problem is somewhat difficult to recreate at times. It works ok on one SP2 machine I have, and didn't work on the other, then started working again...

Zheo
22-02-06, 08:59
Well...i just found a new bug...it distorts my screen, like takes slivers of it and push it out infront of my character (only on my screen). it distorts my character model, other peoples character models, makes people dissappear somtimes and seriously makes me think im on crack -.-

It made SiL dissappear in neofrag before i fataled.

Heres a screeny of it making my SH look totally leet but still being very annoying.

Ever seen the whole zone your in get messed up like that? I have, imagin the inside of the MB all over 5 of the 6 sides of a cube (basically what a zone is)
So images of giant barrels, tires etc smashed above you, front, to the sides and behind you, only the ground remaining normal... now thats a bug!

giga191
22-02-06, 13:31
it's amazing how bugs just seem to appear out of no where. It's like they are evolving or something 0o

cRazy-
22-02-06, 13:34
Bugs' are smart creatures, they adapt and evolve, its something KK managed to inadvertently program into their game.

Nidhogg
22-02-06, 14:00
Who says it's a bug? It's probably a driver or hardware issue, especially since the problem has only just started happening and there's been no change in the Neocron client or server code.

N

Skusty
22-02-06, 17:36
Niddie said it, i belvie in he's words. ( thougth i'd never say that. )

giga191
22-02-06, 18:05
[ edited ]

skusty, does that turn you on at all?

krynstone
22-02-06, 19:10
It's probably driver /hardware issues...either update the drivers or wait for new ones...or make sure your card isn;'t overheating

Skusty
22-02-06, 19:38
[ edited ]
skusty, does that turn you on at all?
No. :rolleyes:

rob444
22-02-06, 22:05
It's hard to blame anyone when it comes to graphical errors, but as I see it, it's the game developers job to make sure the game engine can handle newer drivers and not the other way around.

Of course it's a driver error, but who's fault is it really, ati/nvidia or reakktor's? ;)

npinchot
22-02-06, 22:54
It's hard to blame anyone when it comes to graphical errors, but as I see it, it's the game developers job to make sure the game engine can handle newer drivers and not the other way around.

Of course it's a driver error, but who's fault is it really, ati/nvidia or reakktor's? ;)
Rob man... the game is built using DirectX. That means Neocron just tells DirectX to do something and DirectX tells the driver which in turn tells the video card. So the question is actually, Bill Gates or ATI/nVidia :)

But here's another tip. If you have NC configured to use DirectX 9 try DirectX 7 and vice versa. You can pick DX9 or DX7 from the launcher by clicking Configuration and then click Configure Hardware. Look in the Driver drop down menu. The DirectX 9 will say (D3D9) next to it and DirectX 7 will say (D3D7) next to it. For my card D3D7 seems to run a lot smoother overall but you should try both and see what kinda results you get.

Zheo
22-02-06, 23:28
Who says it's a bug? It's probably a driver or hardware issue, especially since the problem has only just started happening and there's been no change in the Neocron client or server code.

N

No it's happened to me before very infrequently no idea what causes it, probably lack of communication or some glitch our end though as it's not really a repeating problem more of a now and then thing.

rob444
23-02-06, 19:04
Rob man... the game is built using DirectX. That means Neocron just tells DirectX to do something and DirectX tells the driver which in turn tells the video card.

Yeah, and you don't get any graphical issues if used correctly, doh ;) *hint hint*

elGringo
23-02-06, 20:15
thats acctually a rather old problem. I'd recommend you to downgrade your drivers to the series designed for that specific gfx-card. Using the latest drivers on outdated gfx-card usually does more bad than good.
Most ppl who experienced similar gfx problems were able to solve them by sorting out their drivers / experimenting a little with what driver runs best.

PepsiPlayer
23-02-06, 20:29
Are you running in DX9 textures? Some people report wierd features like yours using DX9 and some graphics drivers, try changing to DX7 textures in the hardware setup and see what happens. It may just be a wierd combo of drivers on your machine.

I used to get a similar problem, but after a full format and reload using latest drivers it works fine in DX9.

Riddle
23-02-06, 20:44
Only time i had major graphics issues with NC i solved it by changing the driver :angel:

Richard Slade
24-02-06, 04:12
It's Microsofts new "Enough kids do drugs anyways so now we want them to be able to relate" patch for DX9....